Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int (28270 Views)

Omoyele Sowore: Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Country In The World / Corruption Is Worst Under Buhari... Transparency International / Corruption Is Worst Under Buhari... Transparency International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by lalasticlala(m): 9:38am On Jan 28, 2021
Nigeria has dropped to 149 on Transparency International’s 2020 Corruption Perception Index, the worst ranking received by Africa’s largest country in recent time. Nigeria also scored 25 out of a possible 100 points.

In the last TI rating in 2019, Nigeria was ranked 146th out of the 180 countries surveyed, scoring 26 points out of a possible 100. On a scale of zero to 100 in TI’s rating, zero means “Highly Corrupt,” while 100 stands for “Very Clean”.

This means that Nigeria is two steps worse off than she was in 2018 when she scored 27 points to place 144th out of 180 countries. The summation is simply that corruption in the country has worsened.

According to the latest ranking, Nigeria is now the second most corrupt country in West Africa with Guinea-Bissau the only country more corrupt than Nigeria in the sub-region.

In Africa, only 12 countries are perceived to be more corrupt than Nigeria. They are Zimbabwe, Chad, Eritrea, Burundi, Congo, Guinea Bissau, Democratic Republic of Congo, Libya, Equatorial Guinea, Sudan, Somalia and South Sudan. Both Somalia and South Sudan were ranked as the most corrupt nations on earth.

Nigerian President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), came into power with the promise of curbing corruption which has been plaguing Nigeria for decades. However, Nigeria’s ranking on the corruption perception index has continued to deteriorate in the last four years.

On Wednesday, Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, said the President’s anti-corruption war had lost steam, adding that the rate of convictions was very low.

The President had in July removed the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, amid allegations of corruption. Magu was the face of Buhari’s anti-graft war.

Transparency International said the interruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic gave room for corruption to thrive in countries with weak systems.

https://punchng.com/nigeria-drops-on-transparencys-corruption-index-now-second-most-corrupt-in-wafrica/

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Ottyn01(m): 9:40am On Jan 28, 2021
Nothing good ever comes out from this Lifeless vegetable president undecided
Am even shock to see 2nd in African...We are number 1 in the world.

Watch how Mr Lai Mohammed and Co will turn this to an Achievement!!!!

Useless Government

302 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Mikester: 9:40am On Jan 28, 2021
Thanks to the wicked average nigerian and their greedy leaders.
Every single soul in nigeria has a sad tale on corruption. Mostly in Nigeria - every man dies. Not every man really lives.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:41am On Jan 28, 2021
Sai Baba

The anti-corruption noise was just political noise to titillate Nigerians and to wrestle power from the then govt. Since the second coming, the noise has died down while herdsmen and boko are being used to provide cover for the massive cashing out going on.
I fully expect Sagay to fire back before evening because this one affects his own plate aka PACAC
Next news pls

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by osamz007: 9:42am On Jan 28, 2021
BUHARI IS UTTERLY USELESS

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Duridadi: 9:42am On Jan 28, 2021
Noted cool
Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by hammerDK: 9:44am On Jan 28, 2021
Nigeria is now the second most corrupt country in West Africa with Guinea-Bissau

FUNNY THING IS THIS, FULANI ARE FROM GUINEA BISSAU.

FULANI IS NIGERIA NUMBER ONE PROBLEM.

Ethnic groups
Fulani 28.5%, Balanta 22.5%, Mandinga 14.7%, Papel 9.1%, Manjaco 8.3%, Beafada 3.5%, Mancanha 3.1%, Bijago 2.1%, Felupe 1.7%, Mansoanca 1.4%, Balanta Mane 1%, other 1.8%, none 2.2% (2008 est.)

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Daytonbale: 9:45am On Jan 28, 2021
ok Mr integrity I will Fight kwuruption with all my heart and I place Fulani in all key and juicy political position

23 Likes

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Iceyjayz: 9:46am On Jan 28, 2021
I'm not surprised, Buhari and his crooks have stolen billions of dollars, I just pray Nigeria dosen't collapse completely.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Iceyjayz: 9:47am On Jan 28, 2021
hammerDK:

FUNNY THING IS THIS, FULANI ARE FROM GUINEA BISSAU.

FULANI IS NIGERIA NUMBER ONE PROBLEM.

Fulani herdsmen are the problems of Nigeria

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by DenreleDave(m): 9:48am On Jan 28, 2021
grin

See how Nigeria is under Buhari (Father and grand matron of Igbos and ESN)

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Iceyjayz: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2021
Daytonbale:
ok Mr integrity I will Fight kwuruption with all my heart
Buhari is corruption now, have you seen a corrupt person fighting corruption before

34 Likes

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by ThatFairGuy1: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2021
Not surprised!

Tale of few saint surrounded by millions of Corrupt citizens.

PMB/PYO and Corrupt Nigerians

Alas! Yahoo boys and girls, Those who'll take sides with Diezani Allison Madueke, Sambo Dazuki and co for non-prosecution will still have the effrontery to condemn The Maigaskiya and PYO led administration.

Nonsensical

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Kapilta(m): 9:50am On Jan 28, 2021
Really? Transparency lying. How can Nigeria be 2nd in WA? Nonsense. There can never be any better corrupt country in the whole of Africa not to talk of WA. Anyway Bubu is working, Nigeria now in 1-10 of some index grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Favemmzar200(m): 9:51am On Jan 28, 2021
Why will they be lying like this trying to give Nigeria a bad name
We are suppose to be the first because we are the giant of Africa

*closes bottle of Chapman gently

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2021
Dear Lalasticlala,

I thought GEJ was the most corrupt leader ever known to man..
grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Omezif(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2021
In terms of fighting corruption buhari is bias,
even buhari who is fighting corruption is a crook.
it's not make sense as buhari has failed to fight apc members and only focus on fighting only opposition parties especially pdp.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:52am On Jan 28, 2021
Inside life!
Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Iamgrey5(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2021
Lol

We are even more concerned about security than corruption these days.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by rocknation62(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2021
Who rate us no rate us well,Na we suppose dey Numbr one for the world...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Kizyte(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2021
Yes of course, we proudly took that title since 2015

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Queenlovely(f): 9:53am On Jan 28, 2021
I wanted to say old story, but I will use my brain

I will post something good incase posterity reads my nairaland comment, they will know I tried

there are two ways to our corruption madness

It is either we start from the top (president)

or we start from the bottom(Community)

each Community can start by having a comprehensive list of all residents of their Community,

if there are 1000 people in the community, group them into 20 person a group just like class rooms,

if all Community does this crime will be low

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Upton: 9:53am On Jan 28, 2021
"Lie" Mohammed will take this personal now

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by SouthSouth1914: 9:53am On Jan 28, 2021
Buhari and his gangs are chronically corrupt thieves living in self denial.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by DarkJeddi(m): 9:53am On Jan 28, 2021
Corruption Incorporated..

Federal Republica Of Nigeria.. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by seborrhic: 9:53am On Jan 28, 2021
Kawaii!
He has listed another award to his list of ignomous achievements:most kidnapping prone country,most terrorists ravaged country,people with the highest growing poverty rate and most insecure country in the world.
Buhari has achieved far more ignomous awards in his 5years of governing Nigeria than pariah North Korean leader since his late father started governing the isolated and sanction ravaged country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by dynicks(m): 9:53am On Jan 28, 2021
Where are them team " ZOMBIFIED CREATURES and OUR DARLING DADDY's" them......make una come ooh!....your GCFR has done it again....

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by mike404(m): 9:53am On Jan 28, 2021
LETS HEAR FROM THAT DEAD MEAT SELLER FIRST angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 28, 2021
useless ranking.

Nigeria should be first.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign In Ebonyi State / PDP Chairman In YobevMeets Buhari, Decamps To APC / Dot Nation Shirt: We Did Not Arrest Senator Abaribe - DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.