Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

What I Just Saw This Evening - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Just Saw This Evening (2121 Views)

I Saw This Snake Crawl Out Of My Generator's Corridor / I Just Saw This In My Baby Sister Bag / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Just Saw This Evening by Softboy001: 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
I was hearing some guys whispering this evening and I decided to look through the window to see who it was...

To my surprise I saw my co-tenant and an unknown male discussing and whispering something from the looks of it, they were planning something. I was scared at first because am a stranger in the area. And I don't really understand the language so I didn't know what was going on. So I just decide to observe for my own safety.
LO and behold, it was our neighbors turkey that left the cage, they were planning to steal.

As am writing this now... They have taken it and they are killing the turkey.

This thing shock me, what do you guy think I should do. Should I report this issue or do as if I didn't see anything
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by youngsahito(m): 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
Softboy001:
I was hearing some guys whispering this evening and I decided to look through the window to see who it was...

To my surprise I saw my co-tenant and an unknown male discussing and whispering something from the looks of it, they were planning something. I was scared at first because am a stranger in the area. And I don't really understand the language so I didn't know what was going on. So I just decide to observe for my own safety.
LO and behold, it was our neighbors turkey that left the cage, they were planning to steal.

As am writing this now... They have taken it and they are killing the turkey.

This thing shock me, what do you guy think I should do. Should I report this issue or do as if I didn't see anything
you can just put a note of the co tenant name and his friend inside the cage. make sure the owner make them to swear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Ssumtry: 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
Why can't you mind your business

1 Like

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by chatinent: 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
In Turkey, Turkey is called Indian.

1 Like

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Softboy001: 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
youngsahito:
you can just put a note of the co tenant name and his friend inside the cage. make sure the owner make them to swear.

The cage is inside the house, and the house is fenced, its not a small cage o. Its big with roof and everything.they have about 7 turkey there. I don't enter the house, so I won't be able to gain access to the cage. I don't know how the turkey manage to leave the cage.

Its already dead now sha...
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 29, 2021
Let the owner find out himself. Some people have loud mouths and he might mention your name as the witness implicating you in the process, whereas you have no evidence on them and you'll end up being the next turkey.

2 Likes

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by ogashman(m): 12:20am On Jan 29, 2021
it pays to mind your biz bro
you are new there, no need to get yourself entangled in the web of troubles.
chicken wey them buy come new house, dey use one leg take stand for sometime.

4 Likes

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by kapelvej: 12:21am On Jan 29, 2021
chatinent:
In Turkey, Turkey is called Indian.
grin grin angry angry angry
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by SoBright101: 1:15am On Jan 29, 2021
I hope this country get to a level where you can report crime without fear

5 Likes

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Richy4(m): 1:38am On Jan 29, 2021
SoBright101:
I hope this country get to a level where you can report crime without fear

Don't be surprised that a lot of people here might not know that that was a criminal offence... cheesy

There was a thread that made front page this week about a young man who was jailed in Imo state for trying to blackmail a commissioner because he picked his phone, returned it but stole some sensitive photos'/ video of the commissioner where he was in an uncompromising position...

You needed to see the amount of decay coming out from the mouths of most Nigerian youths on that thread... It was as if it was Ok and a god given right for the young man to do what he did.. not after the commissioner gave him some money in appreciation for finding the said phone... But no that amount of money was not enough for him...

3 Likes

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by oluwagbenga98327: 7:52am On Jan 29, 2021
it pays to mind your biz bro
you are new there, no need to get yourself entangled in the web of troubles.
chicken wey them buy come new house, dey use one leg take stand for sometime.
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Mikester: 8:24am On Jan 29, 2021
Mind your business thereby you preserve your life. The owner shall find out sooner or later.
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by ruzell86: 8:42am On Jan 29, 2021
Ssumtry:
Why can't you mind your business
Na so people go mind their business when dem wan cut your head off.

What happens to being your brothers keeper for rectitude's sake, damning the consequences!

What's the world turning into with this MYB thingy? idiots!!

5 Likes

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 29, 2021
Do whatever you feel is right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Shortyyy(f): 9:15am On Jan 29, 2021
See them, after they'll be crying that the system isn't working, meanwhile, everyone is minding their business.

7 Likes

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by bjprodint(f): 9:45am On Jan 29, 2021
Softboy001:

The cage is inside the house, and the house is fenced, its not a small cage o. Its big with roof and everything.they have about 7 turkey there. I don't enter the house, so I won't be able to gain access to the cage. I don't know how the turkey manage to leave the cage.

You already know ur environment naw,u even know dat there are about 7 turkey there even though d house is fenced and u dont enter there.

1 Like

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by bjprodint(f): 9:46am On Jan 29, 2021
Softboy001:

Pls ignore my first coment i was sleepy.Guy pls quietly sit in ur room to avoid implication.abeg u no see or hear anything,allow d owner investigate so dat ur stay in dat environment will be comfortable.thank u
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Softboy001: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2021
I can't and didn't say anything eventually. I decided to mind my business in hope that they won't call me to ask me and then I'll have to lie or say the truth.

Cos I actually saw them take the turkey and kill and shared it into 2 parts.

So if eventually am asked, what do I say? That I didn't see anything?

I saw them ( the owners) searching for the turkey this morning when I woke up, they haven't asked me yet. So let's see how it goes. For now my mouth is shut
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 29, 2021
Op, I for tell you say you for snap them send to the owner, but you see as they take move ( kill) that turkey so?! those guys fit do anything... Asin Anything!!

Just jejely mind your business, make you no die for turkey we no belong to you.
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by 444croopy(m): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2021
Me wey go first join in the eatin then later we settle
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by ruzell86: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2021
OP, I hope you know you're complicit (indirectly) of this criminal act too.

When your neighbour's 7th Turkey has been downed, the next phase could be they gunning for the Turkeys in the fridges or pot of soup, not excluding yours.

When we fail to condemn glaring misnomers because of fear of repercussions (and for our seeming safety), we simply embolden evil, and we are not really safe. The thing is, it's just not your turn. . .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by stchinedu: 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2021
Can you imagine...you were watching from a safe distance cos you were afraid...

But now, you want to report...your fear suddenly gone?

Abeg park well
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by englois: 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2021
My advice is DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THOSE GUYS! But if the owner asks you anything, feign ignorance and advice him neutrally that he should be careful. Maybe he should install CCTV if he's serious about it. Then, conclude with this Nigerian conclusion: Let's thank God it's turkey that was stolen and not we human beings. This is just to douse any tension.

Lemme share a story of my grandmother. My grandmother lived in a building with a family. The family was made up of 2 wives. One day, the elder wife left for the market leaving the younger wife at home. The younger wife took a pregnant goat belonging to the elder wife and dropped it from a 2 storey building. The goat died and the impact removed the foetus from her stomach. It was a gruesome sight. My grandmother kept her mouth shut when asked about the dead goat. The other wife lied that the goat was killed by a careless driver. Unfortunately, when the younger wife who was also pregnant at that time wanted to give birth, she gave birth to a stillbirth. KARMA

1 Like

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Bodydiialect57: 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2021
ruzell86:
OP, I hope you know you're complicit (indirectly) of this criminal act too.

When your neighbour's 7th Turkey has been downed, the next phase could be they gunning for the Turkeys in the fridges or pot of soup, not excluding yours.

When we fail to condemn glaring misnomers because of fear of repercussions (and for our seeming safety), we simply embolden evil, and we are not really safe. The thing is, it's just not your turn. . .

Well spoken.

1 Like

Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Softboy001: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2021
The case is closed already, considering the way the owner was shouting this morning I thought hell will be let lose on the matter, nothing happened jor...

I have decided to shut my mouth o, nobody ask me self, after all na service (NYSC) carry me come here and this afternoon DG announce our pop date. 18th of February. So I have just 20 days in this place...

Make them carry their turkey matter go one side.
Re: What I Just Saw This Evening by Richy4(m): 7:12am On Jan 30, 2021
Softboy001:
The case is closed already, considering the way the owner was shouting this morning I thought hell will be let lose on the matter, nothing happened jor...

I have decided to shut my mouth o, nobody ask me self, after all na service (NYSC) carry me come here and this afternoon DG announce our pop date. 18th of February. So I have just 20 days in this place...

Make them carry their turkey matter go one side.

Good Leader of tomorrow.. I am proud of your choice but do you expect Nigeria to be OK with such choice especially if 98% of the citizens were making such choices daily?.. when do you think it's ok to play the role of a good citizen?

As a leader of tomorrow, When employed in a private sector or government establishment and you discovered corrupt practices going on under your watch, It is safe to say that u will turned a blind eyes because "no be wetin carry u come there".. after all they may have signed for your promotion or transfer from that Office right?..

If this none of my business trend continues like this,.. who will save the nation?.. is it the president that people constantly call upon when things go wrong or PDP/ APC?... How come we cannot do just the little that we can?.. And when do we expect this messiah from only God knows where to liberate the country when we cannot play a little role/ part for nation building?..

If European nations and other advanced countries were turning blind eyes to several matters going on in their, do u think their countries would have been so great.. and do u think a lot of us will be queuing at their embassy trying to leave?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

At Last! You Can Reverse Your Blood Type From Sc, Ss Or As To Aa! / Please Help My Sister And Her Family / Monogamy Causing Infidelity Among African Couples?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.