Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders (109047 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by obinna37(m): 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
uzoma213:
do they show football matches? What is your location because I'm not show they have gone nation wide
my location is Lagos,they show some laliga,serial A,Belgium league
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by enfantdedieu: 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Princedapace:

data is the koko. Unlimited data that is a fit for this type of service is nothing less than 20k per month grin
is not a must you purchase unlimited package. You can choose to subscribe as little as 1.5g only when you have an important game to watch.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by enfantdedieu: 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
skotch:

Please explain in simple terms how one can use an Android box?
buy a Xiaomi android box. The reason why I'm on xiaomi is because is a certified box by Google. There are many uncertified boxes out there, but a certified one is the best. If you need more guidelines you can reach on +237675055358
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by uzoma213(m): 12:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
Henrymorre:
when you calculate how much it takes to stream 720p on your smart tv, then check the price, you will come back to dstv
didn't you see where he wrote unlimited?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by uzoma213(m): 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
obinna37:
my location is Lagos,they show some laliga,serial A,Belgium league
okay, thanks
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by uzoma213(m): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
MMXX:
I am speaking from experience aswell man..What you wrote up there is exaggerated.

You cannot do 3 live matches on 1gb data

live sport on it's lowest quality will consume upto 400-600mb per match
bro, you probably never heard of yacine TV app.
One match on the lowest quality which is 0.39mbps consumes 200mb.
Even the lowest quality self is not that bad. The lowest quality on the image below is 0.48mbs but on match days, it goes further down

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2021
SirMichael1:
What! I'm intrigued now! Aside subscribing to a data plan, are the channels for free though?

Download "Mubdro" APK on your Android device. You will get all the channels you want. You can watch ChannelsTV, Algeecera, TVC and other cable news on Youtube.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
beehivedata:
Wait o. Which android TV box please?

I can recommend "X88 Pro 10". I've been using it for over a year. But there are other major and expensive brand in the market. Anyone you choose, make sure it is capable of 4G internet.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by joshuaidibia(m): 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:

Please get more information about your claim,

IPNX or Fiberone can give you such service between 10 to 15k Monthly

E don reach do Compact plus a month. 12k
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by ALISMILE(m): 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:
IPTV is really giving DSTV run of their life, The truth is that the world has gone digital , even if DSTV slash to 2k naira on premium package it cannot be compare to numerous entertaining channel on an Internet Protocol Cable TV.

Life is about time and chance . Yesterday was DSTV
Bros which one be this?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Princedapace(m): 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
enfantdedieu:
is not a must you purchase unlimited package. You can choose to subscribe as little as 1.5g only when you have an important game to watch.

But football games are not the only reason people sub for dstv
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2021
nullboss:
bro take am easy dey lie now.. which android tv box will give you super sports 1 to 10 na. Haba

It is not the box it self. The box is just an Android device. You have to download the IPTV App that will give you anything you want. Some IPTV requires subscription while some are free.

I can recommend "Mubdro" APK for you. I've been using Mubdro for over a year. You can download it even on your phone and see.

You will not only get SuperSports, you will get beIN, ESPN, Fox, Sky and over 100 sports channels. You get to watch all the major leagues in the world and so much more buddy.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by cathodekazim: 1:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
northvietnam:

This one is paid , is urs free?

Mine is free
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
beehivedata:
Wait o. Which android TV box please?

There are so many in the market. Just Google them, but I can recommend "X 88 Pro 10". I've been using it for over a year.

Trust me, you will not regret switching. Here's mine here.

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by cathodekazim: 1:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
abatically:

Bro, I'm pretty sure I stream more than u do. I've already used 53gb this month and this month is one or those months that I don't use enough data normally it's around 80-90gb a month. There is no way streaming is more enjoyable than cable. Hd contents use a lot of data and watching in low res hurts my eyes. Can't stand it. Hesgoal, live football TV, etc I have them all. I don't even need to connect with hdmi as I can mirror my phone to tv, once it's conexted to tv the the quality becomes poor especially for all these illegal free streaming apps. They are not just stable enough. Youtube, Netflix, showmax and other paid services on the other hand are very stable as they have very strong and stable servers but are not free. And u can't just be streaming stuff all day and be economical. So u just stream cartoon for ur kids on weekends and leave them to watch for several hours without hurting ur pocket in data? Untill we have stable, reliable and cheap internet cable is still cheaper and better than streaming. You can stream to watch ur favorite shows but it's not something u can do all day.

I understand bro. I've gotv at home. My kids and wife can watch their favourite program on it. I do sub 2500 for them. Then I watch other matches on my PC at my own convenience. It saves cost. Well, I'll check out IPTV one of these days
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by MMXX: 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
cathodekazim:

It is not exaggerated bro. That's exactly how much I steam matches on SD version. HD costs up to 700mb
You cannot do 3 live matches on SD version,but if you insist.

Have it your way then
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by MMXX: 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
ajaymina:

Bro, what you DONT KNOW is bigger than you.

The info presented is 100% correct, I am speaking from personal experience.
On what app?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Bimpe29: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
This is what you gonna see when you refuse to patronize your brother's business.

TStv is not celebrated as Innoson is unappreciated.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
CaptainFM1:

There are so many in the market. Just Google them, but I can recommend "X 88 Pro 10". I've been using it for over a year.

Trust me, you will not regret switching. Here's mine here.
And it has Supersports 1-10?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
beehivedata:
And it has Supersports 1-10?

The box itself will not have SS 1-10. It's just an Android device. You will have to download the IPTV App of your choice that contains any channels you want. Some IPTV requires subscription while some are free.

I use "Mubdro" APK on my TV box and also on my phone. That way I can watch anyhow and anywhere I like.

You can download "Mubdro" using Google search. Everything there is free to watch. It now depends on your data.

You will even have access to many more channels than what entire DSTV package has.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by achicares(m): 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
ajaymina:

Is premiere league the purpose for cable TV?

Bros, there's more to cable TV exploration than premier leaguing.

And I think premier league is his main purpose. So, whichever will offer him that, that's what he goes for.
That's why he wants to know if tstv offers premier league. So if you don't have the answer to his question, just pass. Don't tell him what to watch. Your choice is not his choice.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
CaptainFM1:

The box itself will not have SS 1-10. It's just an Android device. You will have to download the IPTV App of your choice that contains any channels you want. Some IPTV requires subscription while some are free.

I use "Mubdro" APK on my TV box and also on my phone. That way I can watch anyhow and anywhere I like.

You can download "Mubdro" using Google search. Everything there is free to watch. It now depends on your data.

You will even have access to many more channels than what entire DSTV package has.
Thanks alot
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
achicares:

And I think premier league is his main purpose. So, whichever will offer him that, that's what he goes for.
That's why he wants to know if tstv offers premier league. So if you don't have the answer to his question, just pass. Don't tell him what to watch. Your choice is not his choice.
Don't mind that guy grin
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by ajaymina(m): 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
CaptainFM1:
DSTV is the biggest corporate scammer after Electricity Distribution Companies.

I told DSTV in July 2020, that June was my last subscription unless they make their package pay as you go....they thought I was joking. To hell with whatever they have to offer.

Now, I subscribe to Glo monthly data with over 100Gigabites which I use with my 4K Android TV box. I got all the motherf***king DSTV channels including all their prime and premium channels such as SuperSports 3, CNN and BBC.

TO HELL WITH DSTV. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS. THEY WILL RUN DOWN LAST LAST UNLESS THEY DO PAY AS YOU WATCH!

I WISH I CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH I HATE THEM!. MAY THUNDER STRIKE ALL THEIR SATELLITES AND DISHES. MAY ALL THE WORST CATASTROPHE ON EARTH COME THEIR WAY.

AMEN
AMEN

AND

AMEN.

Bro I feel ur pains more than u oh!

Infact I know more than hownu feel about dem.... Sometimes I wish I am a badt programmer, I will attack their system with the worst virus jus to make them feel the taste of their medicine.

Abeg, which of the Android TV box u de use?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 2:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
ajaymina:

Bro I feel ur pains more than u oh!

Infact I know more than hownu feel about dem.... Sometimes I wish I am a badt programmer, I will attack their system with the worst virus jus to make them feel the taste of their medicine.

Abeg, which of the Android TV box u de use?

"X 88 Pro 10", but there are other good ones. Some are expensive also. If you are getting any, make sure it can use 4G internet.

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by THMT: 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
CaptainFM1:

Your location matters. Get an Android TV box and say bye bye to DSTV

Glo is very effective in my area and extremely economical. May I never subscribe to DSTV in my life again.

With data, I get all their so called premium channels including all the SuperSports channels (1 to 10), CNN and BBC.

Data is Bae. Data is life.

Just find which network is suitable for your location. For me, Glo is cheap and very fast in my area. I don't even get to finish my monthly N15k subscription even though I watch TV as I like.

With data you have access to anything you want to watch anytime, anywhere.

How did you get the android TV box.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by psucc(m): 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
Please does their services work every where? I am in a remote village here in Akwa Ibom State[quote author=Ciscogod post=98554340][/quote]
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
THMT:

How did you get the android TV box.

You can buy online. I think Jumia should have it.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by dbestuncle: 3:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
Pls is this truly better abi na another noisemakers like TSTv

Ciscogod:
IPTV is really giving DSTV run of their life, The truth is that the world has gone digital , even if DSTV slash to 2k naira on premium package it cannot be compare to numerous entertaining channel on an Internet Protocol Cable TV.

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by HolySteph(f): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:

Abeg which one is IPTV? Do you mean online streaming or what?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Musty4ahmed1: 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
enfantdedieu:
Go buy yourselves a Xiaomi android TV box. Then download wss app. Connect the Hdm1 cable from your Android box to your flat screen, and you good to go. Look for a very good network internet provider like "may be" airtel (I no Dey naija sha..)
Please how does it work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Under Fire Over Cleavage-Baring Outfit (Photos / NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / BBNaija: Wathoni's Armpit Causes Outrage On Social Media (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.