Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders (109113 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by AerialMapper: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2021
Baldwretch:

Okay, but you must be Lagos based because we don't have unlimited cap outside Lagos.

I am in Abuja and we have unlimited but note that unlimited is subject to Fair use policy. After 120 GB, peak time speeds is reduced from 30mbps to 3 mbps.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by AerialMapper: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2021
showafrica:

Do they allow sharing by wifi?

Yes
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Chimatesky64: 8:06am On Jan 31, 2021
AerialMapper:

Anti spam bot barred me from this post hence the delay in responding. I said it earlier, IPNX Gold plan
Thanks boss,pls do dey operate in p.h?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by AerialMapper: 8:30am On Jan 31, 2021
Chimatesky64:
Thanks boss,pls do dey operate in p.h?

Yes. I just checked their website and I suggest you do same to see if they are in your area. It is fiber optic connection so if you are fortunate, they may have a line running through your area
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Chimatesky64: 8:41am On Jan 31, 2021
AerialMapper:

Yes. I just checked their website and I suggest you do same to see if they are in your area. It is fiber optic connection so if you are fortunate, they may have a line running through your area
Thanks for ur time boss i really apreciate.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by zone51: 9:10am On Jan 31, 2021
puremaker7:
Good to hear, but i'm not impressed cus they promised us more than these.

Atleast they have commenced Operations fully now, with time, they will deliver.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by puremaker7(m): 9:34am On Jan 31, 2021
zone51:

Atleast they have commenced Operations fully now, with time, they will deliver.
They should have started like this 3 years ago, but they choosed to go Nigerian way, promised what they don't have at their disposal.
Anyway I wish them well.
I will like to get one for myself, if users feedback is ok.
Are you a user?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Baldwretch: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2021
AerialMapper:

I am in Abuja and we have unlimited but note that unlimited is subject to Fair use policy. After 120 GB, peak time speeds is reduced from 30mbps to 3 mbps.
Which service provider?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by obinna37(m): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2021
puremaker7:
They should have started like this 3 years ago, but they choosed to go Nigerian way, promised what they don't have at their disposal.
Anyway I wish them well.
Are you a user?
yes I myself I'm a user
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by AerialMapper: 11:02am On Jan 31, 2021
Baldwretch:

Which service provider?
IPNX
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by addexx: 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
pierrenwob:
I have not used DSTV in 16 month. I wish I can sell my DSTV Explorer. It is just occupying space. The only thing you can do with dstv is watch their mostly outdated TV shows.

My FibreOne Unlimited Internet subscription is just NGN 10,800. I use between 400gig and 700gig of data per month. It is data buffet.

If you know, you know.

Does fibereone come as a decoder or just internet. Does it work only on smart TVs. Can you connect phone and laptop to it? Thanks.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by addexx: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
CaptainFM1:

The box itself will not have SS 1-10. It's just an Android device. You will have to download the IPTV App of your choice that contains any channels you want. Some IPTV requires subscription while some are free.

I use "Mubdro" APK on my TV box and also on my phone. That way I can watch anyhow and anywhere I like.

You can download "Mubdro" using Google search. Everything there is free to watch. It now depends on your data.

You will even have access to many more channels than what entire DSTV package has.
Do you get to watch them in hd. Thanks for the info.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by adefemi007(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
Phyde:

Wow, that's beautiful, I hardly watch tv during the day reason why I prefer tstv. Good sound and picture quality. No issue like going off and on since November I got one till date.

Will tstv decoder work with dstv dish or I have to buy their own dish also
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by UncleKoboko: 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Ur the stupid blockheaded illiterate on this forum lol... it's our country we speak any language we want fool...if you go to Russia or China would say the same shit that their illiterates...why you Nigerians fool too much...get out of our country...even Nigeria is most illiterates country in Africa...ur president is a good example lol
Woe betide you and your entire generation.
Idiotic ugly Ghana troll.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by UncleKoboko: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
Henrymorre:
So DStv that Is paying huge tax to your government, who can't use the money they are getting to provide constant power supply for it citizens. Sometimes you people talk as if you don't have brain's. Is DStv the cause For your epileptic power supply in your country. Did you tell you country to reduce the tax they pay? When your government increased electricity price to almost 900%, even with their lack of supply, why didn't you revolt against them. You're revolting against a company that is helping your life to watch tv. They didn't put a gun to your heard to subscribe or buy their gadgets..

Dear morón,
I think your sense of reasoning is below par.
Is Nigerian government responsible for all your woes and misfortunes in life?
What concerns what the government is doing with what a customer wants from a service provider?
Why would anyone pay for something they might probably not use?
I think you're sick in the head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by UncleKoboko: 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Modarun:
stop lying. They ve everything DSTV is offering and even more. the only channel they dnt have is that useless BigBrother africa. they ve all the Discovery channels, NatGeo and even worthy alternatives, also the grande sports channels shows all european league matches live, icing on the cake, unlike DSTV that forces useless channels on their subscribers, TSTV offers you option to pick and pay for only what you want to watch. i pay less than 1k a month, cos i only picked 8 channels to watch.
Is this one okay?
They have more indeed

Hoe low doe
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Wizzzzmike: 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
1stola:

Woe betide you and that your ugly septic tank mouth.
What are you doing here, you ugly black pig?
Does this place look like ghanaland or cedisland?

You ugly black illiterate fóols are usually just obsessed with everything that concerns Nigeria.

I have that strong decoder and truthfully, 70% of the channels on it are the useless illiterate Ghana people channels. It's obvious that most of you don't know how to read and write. Why then is English your official language?

On your TV channels, one would see live cult practice, money rituals, fake money doublers, fake pastors doing fake miracles and giving out fake lottery numbers. And most of all, all these illiterate NANA Ritualists that will always ask you to send 20 useless million cedis to collect useless 80 million cedis.
All those nonsense on national TV!
How shameless, miserable, foolish and stupid can you people be?
Please get lost and go to hell!
This is Nairaland for Nigerians and not frustrated jobless ugly Ghanaians.
Senseless moroñ.
Lol go back to school ur English suck just like ur president lol...Yahoo jobless 419 criminal like boy like you...
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Wizzzzmike: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Woe betide you and your entire generation.
Idiotic ugly Ghana troll.

And another mumu lol go back to school ur English suck ur like mouth
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by UncleKoboko: 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

And another mumu lol go back to school ur English suck ur like mouth

Woe betide you and that your ugly septic tank mouth.
What are you doing here, you ugly black pig?
Does this place look like ghanaland or cedisland?

You ugly black illiterate fóols are usually just obsessed with everything that concerns Nigeria.

I have that strong decoder and truthfully, 70% of the channels on it are the useless illiterate Ghana people channels. It's obvious that most of you don't know how to read and write. Why then is English your official language?

On your TV channels, one would see live cult practice, money rituals, fake money doublers, fake pastors doing fake miracles and giving out fake lottery numbers. And most of all, all these illiterate NANA Ritualists that will always ask you to send 20 useless million cedis to collect useless 80 million cedis.
All those nonsense on national TV!
How shameless, miserable, foolish and stupid can you people be?
Please get lost and go to hell!
This is Nairaland for Nigerians and not frustrated jobless ugly Ghanaians.
Senseless moroñ.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
addexx:

Do you get to watch them in hd. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, Absolute.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by DAramis: 10:52am On Feb 01, 2021
CaptainFM1:

There are so many in the market. Just Google them, but I can recommend "X 88 Pro 10". I've been using it for over a year.

Trust me, you will not regret switching. Here's mine here.

What did you attach besides the android box? And after buying the box, which app needs to be downloaded on it before the person can watch all those channels? (or is it plug and watch android box?)
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by DAramis: 10:56am On Feb 01, 2021
obinna37:
yes,I'm using their decoder,enjoying every bit of it,any channel's I want to watch I pay for it

Can you drop the total price for the Decoder and dish? Can the contact you have be able to ship outside Lagos to East? The pause option, how many days can someone pause it if there is no electricity or the person is travelling outside and not being able to use the subscription?

And lastly, what is the minimum amount someone can subscribe to watch interesting channels like movies, entertainment, sports and Nigerian movies?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 2:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
DAramis:

What did you attach besides the android box? And after buying the box, which app needs to be downloaded on it before the person can watch all those channels? (or is it plug and watch android box?)

Oh, that was USB stick by the side. I just plug it to watch my own movies. You can download anything you see from Play Store, just like on your phone. Strange as it may sound I even use WhatsApp on my TV.

For major "Free Viewing", you can download "Mubdro" Apk from google search.....there your will see all foreign channels ranging from Sports, to News, to Movie, to Music, to Kids Channels etc. You get all the SuperSports Channels from the sport section. Youtube channels you already know about and most contents are free too. You can try "Mubdro" Apk app on your Android phone and start enjoying the experience to see what you get life on your TV screen with the box.

It's a plug and play box as long as you have data. And to me data is very much economical compared to DSTV subscription. Plus you get so much arrays of channels to choose from and you also get to watch at your own time. With DSTV, once you subscribed, whether you watch or not, whether theres light or not, at the end of the month, everything expires. With data, if there's no light or I'm going out, I just continue using the data on my phone wherever I am.

It's a plug and play Just connect over WiFi and you are good to go.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Hullabaloon: 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
cathodekazim:

Who told told you not in hd

Burma TV has HD options, SD options and normal views you select based on your preference.

As for hesgoal, connect with your PC and reconnect with your HDMI cord to your TV, thank me later. Crystal clear

Can u link me to your Burma TV. The one I downloaded from Google is not showing anything.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by DAramis: 3:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
CaptainFM1:

Oh, that was USB stick by the side. I just plug it to watch my own movies. You can download anything you see from Play Store, just like on your phone. Strange as it may sound I even use WhatsApp on my TV.

For major "Free Viewing", you can download "Mubdro" Apk from google search.....there your will see all foreign channels ranging from Sports, to News, to Movie, to Music, to Kids Channels etc. You get all the SuperSports Channels from the sport section. Youtube channels you already know about and most contents are free too. You can try "Mubdro" Apk app on your Android phone and start enjoying the experience to see what you get life on your TV screen with the box.

It's a plug and play box as long as you have data. And to me data is very much economical compared to DSTV subscription. Plus you get so much arrays of channels to choose from and you also get to watch at your own time. With DSTV, once you subscribed, whether you watch or not, whether theres light or not, at the end of the month, everything expires. With data, if there's no light or I'm going out, I just continue using the data on my phone wherever I am.

It's a plug and play Just connect over WiFi and you are good to go.

Okay, thank you for the information. I needed the clarification because I was seeing where others were suggesting about downloading wss app into another android box (xiomia whatever) after buying before you can think of using it. Plug and play is far better. No need bothering yourself with settings or tweaking to overcome some restrictions that might be inherent.

As for the one you suggested, saw it online with different memory gb space (max Rom 126GB) with different prices (max price around 60 dollars). Do you mind stating the exact memory gb size box you bought or does it not matter?

Lastly, the app you suggested, downloaded it but some channels are not opening. Maybe due to network issues. I will still check it out later. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 3:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
DAramis:

Okay, thank you for the information. I needed the clarification because I was seeing where others were suggesting about downloading wss app into another android box (xiomia whatever) after buying before you can think of using it. Plug and play is far better. No need bothering yourself with settings or tweaking to overcome some restrictions that might be inherent.

As for the one you suggested, saw it online with different memory gb space (max Rom 126GB) with different prices (max price around 60 dollars). Do you mind stating the exact memory gb size box you bought or does it not matter?

Lastly, the app you suggested, downloaded it but some channels are not opening. Maybe due to network issues. I will still check it out later. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I read that too I will try the was as well. Mine is the 126GB. The size does not matter except if you will intend download and save plenty stuff on it. But do make sure it's one that is capable of 4G internet and has operating system is minimum Android 10 version.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by obinna37(m): 3:59pm On Feb 01, 2021
DAramis:

Can you drop the total price for the Decoder and dish? Can the contact you have be able to ship outside Lagos to East? The pause option, how many days can someone pause it if there is no electricity or the person is travelling outside and not being able to use the subscription?

And lastly, what is the minimum amount someone can subscribe to watch interesting channels like movies, entertainment, sports and Nigerian movies?

Goggle tstv Nigeria, you will get all the information you needed
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by DAramis: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
CaptainFM1:

I read that too I will try the was as well. Mine is the 126GB. The size does not matter except if you will intend download and save plenty stuff on it. But do make sure it's one that is capable of 4G internet and has operating system is minimum Android 10 version.
Okay.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by DAramis: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
obinna37:
Goggle tstv Nigeria, you will get all the information you needed
Okay.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by zone51: 3:36am On Feb 02, 2021
puremaker7:
Anyway I wish them well.
Are you a user?

Yes I am
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Kfed4ril(m): 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
OcVoice:
What is happening to Tstv

Tstv is back, I see their decoders almost everywhere in Abuja but I think the problem is the don’t show live football, that’s why Nigerians don’t fancy it.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by georgee(m): 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2021
abatically:

Bro, I'm pretty sure I stream more than u do. I've already used 53gb this month and this month is one or those months that I don't use enough data normally it's around 80-90gb a month. There is no way streaming is more enjoyable than cable. Hd contents use a lot of data and watching in low res hurts my eyes. Can't stand it. Hesgoal, live football TV, etc I have them all. I don't even need to connect with hdmi as I can mirror my phone to tv, once it's conexted to tv the the quality becomes poor especially for all these illegal free streaming apps. They are not just stable enough. Youtube, Netflix, showmax and other paid services on the other hand are very stable as they have very strong and stable servers but are not free. And u can't just be streaming stuff all day and be economical. So u just stream cartoon for ur kids on weekends and leave them to watch for several hours without hurting ur pocket in data? Untill we have stable, reliable and cheap internet cable is still cheaper and better than streaming. You can stream to watch ur favorite shows but it's not something u can do all day.

Bro.. I tell u for free you are new to IPTV.. If my kids hear anything called DSTV, they will cry

U talk of cartoons for the kids.. Na premium and highly educative cartoon my kids dey watch.. Latest series.. Movies.. Just name it, all in HD

July 2021 will mark 4 years without DSThieVes in my house

If u know, U know wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Under Fire Over Cleavage-Baring Outfit (Photos / NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / BBNaija: Wathoni's Armpit Causes Outrage On Social Media (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.