Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders (109000 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Mustack: 12:06am On Jan 30, 2021
obinna37:
the price of their decoder without dish is #12k with 2weeks of free watching,after that you can select the channels you like to watch and subscribers,like me I selected only 10 channels.

Including sport station.? Where can I get one
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by zone51: 12:09am On Jan 30, 2021
OcVoice:
What is happening to Tstv

Coming up gradually which is better than last time...Now you can get TStv Complete kit for N17,500 + 1 months complete channel access.

You can get a channel as low as N1 per day, so this gives you a chance to select only channels you would like to watch and pay for it.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by AerialMapper: 12:14am On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Why are you on the unlimited plan? You are probably making money?

Netflix, Youtube, apple music. The Mrs needs a lot of data for instagram and all. It is better to have an unlimited plan than a capped plan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by francisbarrack(m): 12:17am On Jan 30, 2021
Racoon:
South African companies just ripping Nigerians off back home here in Nigeria while their home countrymen are threatening Nigerian citizens with xenophobic attacks in South Africa.Giant of Africa indeed.

Imagine... useless company.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by puremaker7(m): 12:20am On Jan 30, 2021
zone51:

Coming up gradually which is better than last time...Now you can get TStv Complete kit for N17,500 + 1 months complete channel access.

You can get a channel as low as N1 per day, so this gives you a chance to select only channels you would like to watch and pay for it.
N1 per day? don't let God punish you for that lie, the lowest channels are N3

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by SirMichael1: 12:28am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:
IPTV is really giving DSTV run of their life, The truth is that the world has gone digital , even if DSTV slash to 2k naira on premium package it cannot be compare to numerous entertaining channel on an Internet Protocol Cable TV.

Life is about time and chance . Yesterday was DSTV
Which one is IPC TV please?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Stanleyq: 12:30am On Jan 30, 2021
Their decoder is supposed to be 1k to pave way to numerous new customers that will like to be subscribing
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by criuze(m): 12:39am On Jan 30, 2021
a day like this cable sub go just reach minimum wage
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by gafman222: 12:46am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:

Bros, Its as easy as 123, Get an internet of 6 to 10Mbps and not Data cap internet
And how much will d Internet sub be for a month? Pls help me wit necessary info so I can decide which is more pocket friendly
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by ecclize: 12:51am On Jan 30, 2021
[quote author=ajaymina post=98566801]

Bro, what you DONT KNOW is bigger than you.

The info presented is 100% correct, I am speaking from personal experience.

bro u can comfortably watch a match with 400mb.

ur claim is a little bit exaggerated...
1gb can't watch 3 full matches.
but if u have a app that does that pls recommend.

i use livefootball and mobdro
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by 9icetoo(m): 12:52am On Jan 30, 2021
Monimatic:

Give example of companies offering such data plans in Nigeria, so I can go buy my own modem fast..
Fibreone broadband. Tisseti. Unlimited internet.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Ciscogod(m): 12:55am On Jan 30, 2021
booblacain:

been hearing about this iptv. Is the iptv cheaper? does it require prepaid data to stream after subscription?

If you have a smart TV , you dont have to pay for subscription, Just download the APP, but you must have Internet to stream channels

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by zone51: 12:59am On Jan 30, 2021
puremaker7:
N1 per day? don't let God punish you for that lie, the lowest channels are N3

There are channels as low as N2 per day, see their mobile app screenshot below for details

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by bluefilm: 12:59am On Jan 30, 2021
nairavsdollars:
More Nigerians are switching to TSTV...hence the panic by DSTV

Are you serious?

So tstv is even in operation?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 1:00am On Jan 30, 2021
DSTV is the biggest corporate scammer after Electricity Distribution Companies.

I told DSTV in July 2020, that June was my last subscription unless they make their package pay as you go....they thought I was joking. To hell with whatever they have to offer.

Now, I subscribe to Glo monthly data with over 100Gigabites which I use with my 4K Android TV box. I got all the motherf***king DSTV channels including all their prime and premium channels such as SuperSports 3, CNN and BBC.

TO HELL WITH DSTV. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS. THEY WILL RUN DOWN LAST LAST UNLESS THEY DO PAY AS YOU WATCH!

I WISH I CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH I HATE THEM!. MAY THUNDER STRIKE ALL THEIR SATELLITES AND DISHES. MAY ALL THE WORST CATASTROPHE ON EARTH COME THEIR WAY.

AMEN
AMEN

AND

AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by 9icetoo(m): 1:01am On Jan 30, 2021
I wrote on this platform and predicted that people will soon dump DStv for streaming services like netflix, youtube and the likes.

Unlimited internet is cheaper than paying 20k for DStv.

Unlimited internet from Fibreone is less than 12k a month. You can connect many devices (smart tv, phones, laptops etc) and enjoy movies, stream football matches, etc.

It is eventually happening. DStv will need to take a hard look at their offerings and pricing to stop the trend. Else, if data gets cheaper, they will disappear like Nitel.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by zone51: 1:02am On Jan 30, 2021
bluefilm:

Are you serious?

So tstv is even in operation?

Yes TSTV is in operation

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by boogietrends: 1:02am On Jan 30, 2021
AerialMapper:

I've calculated it. I normally do the premium plus extra view which costs 20,900.

I do not watch it, I only subscribe cos of Formula 1 else the only other channel I watch is ID

My plan is to downgrade to compact coupled with my unlimited internet service which costs 23,000 monthly. Works out more cost effective for me.

If you subscribe because of Formula 1, think of installing NIGCOMSAT it's FTA, there's a channel MBC Action that shows all Formula 1 races free. Although commentary is in Arabic.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 1:06am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:
IPTV is really giving DSTV run of their life, The truth is that the world has gone digital , even if DSTV slash to 2k naira on premium package it cannot be compare to numerous entertaining channel on an Internet Protocol Cable TV.

Life is about time and chance . Yesterday was DSTV

I've discarded DSTV for IPTV since July 2020, and it's the best thing that ever happened to me.
Funny enough, I got all the so called premium channels DSTV offers including SuperSports 3 at peanut price.

TO HELL WITH DSTV. May thunder strike all their satellites, dishes and stations.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by boogietrends: 1:07am On Jan 30, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Tell me about IPTV. Perhaps I can do business on it

IPTV is simply Internet Protocol Television. This is how it works. There are people who stream different TV channels on the internet. Some are paid while some are free. You only need an internet connection and a device (phone, tv, tv box, PC etc.) to watch. Doing business with it has it's ups and downs because of reliability of internet connection.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by jidxin(m): 1:12am On Jan 30, 2021
obinna37:
yes,I'm using their decoder,enjoying every bit of it,any channel's I want to watch I pay for it
i got discouraged. Most of their channels are Free to Air
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 1:16am On Jan 30, 2021
MadamExcellency:

It's not easy to stream Supersport from IPTV. A match in HD takes 1.2Gb of data

It's so easy for me. I simply got an Android TV box and connect it with the TV. I not only have access to all the bleeping SuperSports channels 1 to 10, but also all the sporting channels in the world, all the news media in the world including CNN and BBC.

I subscribe on Glo 15k per month and I never finished it in any month.

Just throw away their dish and bulky decoder and go for data. It's far better and economical.
With data, you can watch anything you want even right from your phone.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 1:27am On Jan 30, 2021
Monimatic:

Give example of companies offering such data plans in Nigeria, so I can go buy my own modem fast..

Your location matters. Get an Android TV box and say bye bye to DSTV

Glo is very effective in my area and extremely economical. May I never subscribe to DSTV in my life again.

With data, I get all their so called premium channels including all the SuperSports channels (1 to 10), CNN and BBC.

Data is Bae. Data is life.

Just find which network is suitable for your location. For me, Glo is cheap and very fast in my area. I don't even get to finish my monthly N15k subscription even though I watch TV as I like.

With data you have access to anything you want to watch anytime, anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Kestar12: 1:33am On Jan 30, 2021
We are into Haulage & Logistcis, we seek for investors and partners. You are guaranteed of a certain percentage monthly as your ROI, Investment is always between 6-12months with your initial invested capital given in full at the end of investment period.
We have two packages
We have the investors and partner's package which are:-

1) Partners: those that will like to partner with their trucks for us to manage while they get weekly,bi-weekly or monthly returns depending on their preference.
2)Investors packages:-
a) those that want to buy trucks for us on hire purchase agreement
b) those that want to invest money, from N500k upward with us, they get their returns of investment monthly (usually from 8% upwards, depending on the amount invested and duration of investment) investment period is between 6-12months their invested capital will be given in full at the end of investment period.

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 1:35am On Jan 30, 2021
SirMichael1:
Which one is IPC TV please?

IPTV simply means watching TV over internet. You can get an Android TV box and connect it to your TV,and simply watch all the channels via internet. With that you can say bye bye to DSTV scamming. I use Glo network cos it's fast and efficient in my area, and I simply subscribe for N15,000 data which I never finish in any month and I have access to not only all the DSTV channels, including all their SuperSports channels and their other premiums channels.

Data is the new thing. Just find which network is fast and suitable in your location, and you will say good bye to DSTV.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by kpaofame: 1:38am On Jan 30, 2021
puremaker7:
IPNX unlimited for 10 to 15K na lie go kill you.

Una go just open mouth waa...dey fumble in ignorance...

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by kally90(f): 1:42am On Jan 30, 2021
osazsky:
i have 6 correct numbers on baba ijebu tomorrow by 12pm.if u are interested call me..sure numbers o
Abeg am interested. Help us sir
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by kpaofame: 1:44am On Jan 30, 2021
puremaker7:
IPNX unlimited for 10 to 15K na lie go kill you.

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by kally90(f): 1:45am On Jan 30, 2021
CaptainFM1:

It's so easy for me. I simply got an Android TV box and connect it with the TV. I not only have access to all the bleeping SuperSports channels 1 to 10, but also all the sporting channels in the world, all the news media in the world including CNN and BBC.

I subscribe on Glo 15k per month and I never finished it in any month. Wow!!! 15k?that's some people salary for one month

Just throw away their dish and bulky decoder and go for data. It's far better and economical.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by orlaglobal234: 1:57am On Jan 30, 2021
Racoon:
South African companies just ripping Nigerians off back home here in Nigeria while their home countrymen are threatening Nigerian citizens with xenophobic attacks in South Africa.Giant of Africa indeed.
My dear pls don't say that again giant of what abeg don't repeat that statement again that was then not now
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by nullboss: 1:58am On Jan 30, 2021
CaptainFM1:

I subscribe on Glo 15k per month and I never finished it in any month.

bro take am easy dey lie now.. which android tv box will give you super sports 1 to 10 na. Haba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Under Fire Over Cleavage-Baring Outfit (Photos / NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / BBNaija: Wathoni's Armpit Causes Outrage On Social Media (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.