Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders (108970 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by BrownRoofRep: 1:58am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:
IPTV is really giving DSTV run of their life, The truth is that the world has gone digital , even if DSTV slash to 2k naira on premium package it cannot be compare to numerous entertaining channel on an Internet Protocol Cable TV.

Life is about time and chance . Yesterday was DSTV

By the time you spend 20 gb in just 2 days, you will check the cost and revert back to dstv.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by toprealman: 2:18am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:

Please get more information about your claim,

IPNX or Fiberone can give you such service between 10 to 15k Monthly
And you think an average Nigerian can afford to spend 10k on data monthly?

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by ChefDominiq(m): 2:47am On Jan 30, 2021
All we want is Pay As You Go
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 2:54am On Jan 30, 2021
Necxs:

TSTV has started full operation since late last year, and i must tell you, it would take over DSTV market.
You can subscribe for channels you want, you can pause your subscription when there's no light or you traveling, there is daily subscription, there are 4k channels and HD channels.

I believe that is what cause the reduction in price by DSTV
LOL, okay. Where does one acquire the service? No adverts? Are you using TSTV?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by willian10: 3:03am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:

Please get more information about your claim,

IPNX or Fiberone can give you such service between 10 to 15k Monthly
They’re limited to location
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 3:09am On Jan 30, 2021
obinna37:
the price of their decoder without dish is #12k with 2weeks of free watching,after that you can select the channels you like to watch and subscribers,like me I selected only 10 channels.
Do they show major football leagues? Epl, LA Liga, etc.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by willian10: 3:15am On Jan 30, 2021
themonk:

DSTV is digital, do you guys even know what you talk about? Did you know that satellite providers like DSTV also provide internet abroad with the same infrastructure? Both the internet and DSTV is digital, even the name DSTV(Digital satellite Television) should tell you that.
Cable is different from internet service protocol
It’s their mode of transmission that is digital in contrast to our local channels that uses analogue transmission.
On cable, u can’t upload
On internet connection, u can download and upload.
U actually need internet WiFi or LAN to access some features on ur Dstv.
U wrote that there with full confidence, as if u are 100 percent sure grin

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 3:16am On Jan 30, 2021
Henrymorre:
I'm sorry, I don't watch soccer. Soccer is not the only thing to watch on a tv.
Nobody is saying sports is the only thing to watch on TV bro. Everyone with their preferences. I for one don't fancy just movies when I can always download or stream them on any platform. But live football is why I am on cable TV. And for most, you will notice it's why they're still with DSTV.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 3:18am On Jan 30, 2021
osazsky:
imagine o ESPN..the thing weak me..wats my biz with basket ball and ajax league abi Scottish league.tstv is not ready to do biz in nigeria..any decoder that doesnt give me premier league is a startime.so as i big reach close to 40.i go just sit down they watch drama and zeeworld people can be funny sha
Lwkmd
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 3:19am On Jan 30, 2021
Henrymorre:
get out of here, you're the ignorant, arrogant and an illiterate. What do you know..Mr NBC. There are people that watch only music. Soundcity, there are people that watch only African magic.
Because you watch football, so it will not succeed? Mtcheew go and sit down.

Unfortunately, what he stated is the truth and time has proven it.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 3:33am On Jan 30, 2021
Henrymorre:
same way I will be buying card watching people running in a field for what? How does that even make you happy. Anyways enjoy your fun, make I enjoy mine.
LOL. It's called sports for a reason and about 80 percent of the 10 most popular sports in the world involves running. How can a sport be done by sitting one place or by just talking as in the movies? You're funny.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 3:36am On Jan 30, 2021
zone51:

Coming up gradually which is better than last time...Now you can get TStv Complete kit for N17,500 + 1 months complete channel access.

You can get a channel as low as N1 per day, so this gives you a chance to select only channels you would like to watch and pay for it.
The pay as you go, pause sub and channel selection is their selling point.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by beehivedata(m): 3:52am On Jan 30, 2021
CaptainFM1:
DSTV is the biggest corporate scammer after Electricity Distribution Companies.

I told DSTV in July 2020, that June was my last subscription unless they make their package pay as you go....they thought I was joking. To hell with whatever they have to offer.

Now, I subscribe to Glo monthly data with over 100Gigabites which I use with my 4K Android TV box. I got all the motherf***king DSTV channels including all their prime and premium channels such as SuperSports 3, CNN and BBC.

TO HELL WITH DSTV. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS. THEY WILL RUN DOWN LAST LAST UNLESS THEY DO PAY AS YOU WATCH!

I WISH I CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH I HATE THEM!. MAY THUNDER STRIKE ALL THEIR SATELLITES AND DISHES. MAY ALL THE WORST CATASTROPHE ON EARTH COME THEIR WAY.

AMEN
AMEN

AND

AMEN.
Wait o. Which android TV box please?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Sterope(f): 3:57am On Jan 30, 2021
Poorer you mean
PenuelFarms:
Why not reduce the monthly subscription?

Nigerians are getting wiser.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Michaelcircuit(m): 4:12am On Jan 30, 2021
dadebayo1:
Biggest scam... Ploy to continue milking Nigerians.. Why not reduce monthly subscription then we know you are serious about helping customers... They just want to put many more into bondage
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Michaelcircuit(m): 4:16am On Jan 30, 2021
Even make the subscribtion jxt like their's in SA pay as you go. Knowing fully well that Nigeria has an isue of electricity.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by NaMeAboki: 4:29am On Jan 30, 2021
If they are not doing anything about Xplora decoder than they are wasting my time.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Poloyanabo2(m): 4:42am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:
IPTV is really giving DSTV run of their life, The truth is that the world has gone digital , even if DSTV slash to 2k naira on premium package it cannot be compare to numerous entertaining channel on an Internet Protocol Cable TV.

Can you tell me more about IPTV and how to get it?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by pierrenwob: 4:49am On Jan 30, 2021
I have not used DSTV in 16 month. I wish I can sell my DSTV Explorer. It is just occupying space. The only thing you can do with dstv is watch their mostly outdated TV shows.

My FibreOne Unlimited Internet subscription is just NGN 10,800. I use between 400gig and 700gig of data per month. It is data buffet.

If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:

Bros, Its as easy as 123, Get an internet of 6 to 10Mbps and not Data cap internet
Bro how.. please throw more light
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:08am On Jan 30, 2021
pierrenwob:
I have not used DSTV in 16 month. I wish I can sell my DSTV Explorer. It is just occupying space. The only thing you can do with dstv is watch their mostly outdated TV shows.

My FibreOne Unlimited Internet subscription is just NGN 10,800. I use between 400gig and 700gig of data per month. It is data buffet.

If you know, you know.

When you say "unlimited", is it really unlimited, as in whatever you download or watch, e no go finish till that month expires?

Can it be connected to more than one device, say several phones and laptops?

How does the connection to a TV work? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by K4daniel: 5:15am On Jan 30, 2021
Its too late..after several negotiations to reduced they refused. we now have plenty alternatives apps like..Netflix.. football tv and lots more. I see no better programs for dstv.They're there collecting our monthly contributions without giving us pay as you go..they keep increasing prices as if Nigerians are not wise.

They gave this reduction for short period just to bribe us..lol Govt has failed us and we have move on..they are trying to calm us down..na lie we move. Lol.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 30, 2021
contigiency:

If it's between 10 to 15k monthly, then no need because DSTV will eventually be cheaper with this their new prices.
That data can be used for many other things, don't you think so?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by abatically(m): 5:25am On Jan 30, 2021
MadamExcellency:

It's not easy to stream Supersport from IPTV. A match in HD takes 1.2Gb of data

Tell them. They will be screaming iptv as if it is free to stream. First u need a reliable fast internet and then u need lots of data. Anything other than unlimited is a no no for IPTV and we know how much unlimited costs in this country. On top of that speed is not even encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by abatically(m): 5:26am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:

So iptv is completely free or u don't need unlimited fast internet to stream.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by marhoinspire: 5:28am On Jan 30, 2021
Ciscogod:

how do i get IPTV
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by abatically(m): 5:31am On Jan 30, 2021
cathodekazim:

Thunder fire IPTV and Dstv

With less than 400 mb, I watch full match directly from the internet. All you need is good ntwk. I stream live matches from hesgoal, epicsport, Burma TV, live football TV etc. You'll watch 3 matches with 1 gig

But not in HD. U will be watching at 240p or less. Manageable if ur watching with ur phone but becomes unbearable when watching on big screen like TV.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by TedLawrence(f): 5:38am On Jan 30, 2021
OcVoice:
What is happening to Tstv
Please go for TStv, it's far better than DStv
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by TedLawrence(f): 5:39am On Jan 30, 2021
Tstv is the bae

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by mechanics(m): 5:41am On Jan 30, 2021
Promotion strategy, it will still revert back to its original prices.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by relicng: 5:54am On Jan 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by letitrainnow(m): 5:55am On Jan 30, 2021
Nawa

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Under Fire Over Cleavage-Baring Outfit (Photos / NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / BBNaija: Wathoni's Armpit Causes Outrage On Social Media (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.