Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,408 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:54 AM

Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock (36383 Views)

Historic Agboogun Footprints Used To Catch Witches In Ancient Idanre Land / Canada: Hellish Red-Striped Smoking Hills Which Have Been Burning For Centuries / My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by mosesaigbe(m): 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2021
Beautiful place to be .

Thanks for sharing
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by collins07(m): 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2021
JooEeL:
Many are not aware that Fulanis have completed their scheme to take over that place.

Lol them no born them,they can't joke with Idanre people cuz they would die mysteriously.smallest of idanre kids know how to command spiritually and d effect nah instant for evil to befall somebody,thet don't need to fight but with just word person go hear Am.

1 Like

Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by collins07(m): 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2021
Moz22:
My home town
Le o idanre makare.emi omo Solo wo.

1 Like

Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by victorazy(m): 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2021
Republic of Brown Roof grin
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by nikkypearl(f): 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2021
Idanre ,my home town grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by Lizzydonnah(f): 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2021
Beautiful kiss kiss

Funny enough, i have not been there even tho it is very close to my house.

1 Like

Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by colizee(m): 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2021
I love this place mehn, the hospitality and respect is so crazy

My NYSC days here was so much fun, can't wait to visit the place again.

1 Like

Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by travelwaka: 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2021
I do not reside in Akure and I guess you are a local residence in that area , I am a traveller some times , you may get the wrong information. You could have acted civil but correcting me without throwing jabs.

What would it cost it to just correct without being rude??

Gbenguz11:

Oga Akure is different from idanre
They don’t even share same local government council , stop saying what you do not know anything about

2 Likes

Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by travelwaka: 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2021
Thanks noted. You are right the government has a lot to do.

collins07:

Op point of correction.Idanre is entirely different from Akure,is an independent town on his its own for thousand years.my grandfather was buried up there on that hill,u got almost d rest of information correctly.
We don't have a good tourism spirit in this part of d world hence Idanre would have be a good source of revenue for Govt.kudos for job well done in showcasing Idanre hills to d world��
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by travelwaka: 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2021
Yes you should it's a beautiful place.

Rossycee:

You can say that again.. I'm visiting the hills once more by next month. But Idanre hills is not in Akure but Idanre LGA.

1 Like

Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by OlawaleBammie: 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2021
Oozz2:

No, as urs have been making money mining skulls in Ogun state and other places in SW

But u have bn selling the mini skulls to us all the way from some baby factories from Anambra and other states grin grin
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
Brown roof republic grin grin grin
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by tishbite41(m): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2021
Oozz2:
These people re madly in love with brown roof.
they are in a symbiotic relationship with it!
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by tishbite41(m): 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2021
Bukden16:
Afonja's and Brown zinc..!

No wonder Beyonce featured a son of the Brown Zinc generation, when she sang "Brown Skin Girl".
this got me...
Lol
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by engrchykae(m): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2021
JackWolfskin:
Africans need to develop Africa differently. The European model won't work here.
wakanda style
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by AFONJACOW(m): 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2021
Op why the downhill are littled with Brown roof tops grin grin
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by Moz22: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2021
collins07:

Le o idanre makare.emi omo Solo wo.
Emi omo owena grin
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by Moz22: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2021
illicit:

I....
oga go sleep
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by Xpol: 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2021
Useless OP saying idanre is located in akure you won't do proper research before posting nonsense online. It shows you're not from the state next time do proper research before rushing online to post trash idanre and akure are different towns sharing boundary doesn't make them one
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by Xpol: 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
travelwaka:
I do not reside in Akure and I guess you are a local residence in that area , I am a traveller some times , you may get the wrong information. You could have acted civil but correcting me without throwing jabs.

What would it cost it to just correct without being rude??

you're just a copy and paste blogger. Simple
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by Xpol: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
travelwaka:
idanre is made up of several hills namely

carter Hills named after the Colonial Governor
Ajimoba Hill named after one of the ancient king trusted guard
Orosun Hill named after a great warriors daughter

Idanre is an ancient community that once resided in the hills of Idanre before they relocated to the lower part of the hill. The city is said to be over 800 years old. The city is located in the town of Akure. This city is known for its cultivation of cocoa an important raw material for beverages. The major occupation of the residence of this city is farming.. The city However moved down in 1923 to give way for civilisation.
Do you even go to school at Al? How can a city be located in a town. Your mouth like the city is located in the town of Akure
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by travelwaka: 8:28pm On Jan 29, 2021
Thank you, I am just a regular traveller but thanks for seeing me as a blogger I think I should take my copy and paste more seriously wink I'm just a traveller enjoying the beauties of life , living my best life visiting some of the best resort and destinations in Nigeria. Thank you ��� from thw copycat blogger grin grin

Xpol:
you're just a copy and paste blogger. Simple
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by ab11baddo(m): 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2021
Oozz2:

See this one.
Yen yen yen yen
Brown roof is a sign of poverty. Make money and change ur roof to modern roofs grin
No you are the impoverished one and an illiterate for not knowing that common knowledge! Well I can't blame you, your ancestors lived in the bush, so zinc roof was a luxury for your forefathers then
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by travelwaka: 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2021
Unfortunately I didn't finish school but I pray all your dreams come true
1. I pray your plans for relocation will be fulfilled this time not an Ecowas country but Europe or America
2. Your music will blow
3. You will find love and it will be real
4. I pray your song will blow cos you invested so much into it

It doesn't cost anything to be nice. I've got plugs in different radio stations across south west. But I guess you don't row with bloody illiterates like us. Peace out

Xpol:
Do you even go to school at Al? How can a city be located in a town. Your mouth like the city is located in the town of Akure

2 Likes

Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by NovusHomo(m): 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2021
[quote author=travelwaka post=98552780]Idanre Hills is one of the most underrated tourist attractions in Nigeria. It is a combination of history. sightseeing, Hiking and culture.
Idanre is a beautiful and gigantic mountain located in Akure, Ondo State. The views will leave you asking for more. The history, the story, the culture are real even though it is an abandoned city. The relics and ruins of this ancient city is still standing as proof of its ancient civilization for all to see.
It is located in a hilly and quiet town. This city is made up of so many mountains surrounding the city.
It should be nicknamed the city of mountains.

https://www.travelwaka.com/idanre-hills-beautiful-tourist-attraction.

No, sir. This is not a town on a rock. From your pictures, this is a town located in a valley surrounded by rock formations.
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by saxokay(m): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
[quote author=travelwaka post=98553075]Idanre is an ancient community that once resided in the hills of Idanre before they relocated to the lower part of the hill. The city is said to be over 800 years old. The city is located in the town of Akure. This city is known for its cultivation of cocoa an important raw material for beverages.
These are some other attractions at the city.

1. The House of Lorin , lots of things are forbidden here, wearing of clothes is forbidden here, carrying items on the head is forbidden
2. The Judges quarters
3. The landscape
4. The ancient Palace
[/quote
idanre is not located in akure
idanre is a local government on is own
idanre has noting to do with akure
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by dazzlingd(m): 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
Is this what they call ancient civilisation, I was expecting to see annunakis
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by HoluGraze: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2021
I have been to that place
From all the story I heard about the place I can only recall one man's name: Chief śólò.
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by tesstess(f): 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2021
My NYSC service year was in Akure, my cds group visited Idanre hills. Its was a very interesting place for sight seeing and fun
Re: Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock by JooEeL(m): 12:36am On Jan 30, 2021
collins07:

Lol them no born them,they can't joke with Idanre people cuz they would die mysteriously.smallest of idanre kids know how to command spiritually and d effect nah instant for evil to befall somebody,thet don't need to fight but with just word person go hear Am.

Hopefully o. My mama sister been marry from that side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) / Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. / Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.