Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account (49912 Views)

Woman Returns €3,000 Left In Her Restaurant In Lagos / Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos) / South African Student On Spending Spree As Her Bank Account Gets $1m In Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Enskynelson(m): 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2021
I just read how some persons were already thinking of how to runaway and keep running all their life because of N35million.
Before then, don't forget that the watch on the hand of Rafael Nadal in this picture is worth up to 1Million USD. Is that watch more than your life?

Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by MikeMicheal(m): 6:20pm On Jan 29, 2021
felong:

And if you loose, what next?
The chinese will go and collect their money from bet9ja na grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Seyzcham91(m): 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2021
grin
BusinessCity:
Commendable but her account links with her residential address, perhaps we should try another test without any traceable details and test for her actions .. Again undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Seyzcham91(m): 6:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
angry
MejiLoyon:
"Me Talking to get approval in nairaland": Good deed. I'll do the same thing

The real me
"Japa japa.....japa lo London... Eeeh ehhhn"
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by omoidunnu: 6:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
The funny thing is that the woman was actually ignorant of what really happened.

This is a classical case of money laundering. She was used as a mule. The so called Chinese must have planned this and transacted with her knowing fully well that they will not consummate the transaction.

The aspect of negotiating the return amount is a brain trick to throw her off suspicion that no one is perfect. Before contacting her to do business with her, they must have checked her out well unknown to her just in case she refuses to return the money.

Anyway... Just what I think.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by akanbiaa(m): 6:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
Since it's bank transfer even if she refuse to return it, she will later be arrested and possibly imprisoned just like the taxi driver that went viral recently for not returning, I respect her decision to return it but those who can be judged as truly honest are those who have access to money that they cannot be traced yet they returned it.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Seyzcham91(m): 6:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
grin
yanabasee1:
Don't make any silly mistake and transfer any money to my account oh... Because I am never a gentle man and I will not return it...

Highest.....Na for efcc to the chase me up and down....
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Aconomist: 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2021
If it was another Nigerian she would have stolen the money.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Danielkupiejo: 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2021
Dubai nko? Ghana nko abi Cameroon
blackmantis:
With BVN
NIN
Slm card registration
Social media, Facebook, Instagram Twitter etc.

You can't just disappear like that.

They will find you or get people who know you to find you.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Seyzcham91(m): 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2021
grin
BOOOMNAIJA:
VILLAGE PEOPLE, WHYYYY?....una finally get this woman! cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Seyzcham91(m): 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2021
abi na
seborrhic:
I don't understand this praise.
She just avoided jail term because she would have been caught.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by melbourne10: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
Honesty opens doors
Honesty gives you a clear Conscience before GOD and Man.

Yahoo or yahoo+ ,Depreciates your life.

Duping others is an act of acquiring Curses on yourself and Generation..

Criminal activities brings shame and Reproach.

RQighteousness Exalts
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Seyzcham91(m): 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
worth more than 38million shocked

haba! do this motivational speaking small small na

i hope you know say na 38m dem call am no be 38k oo

38m na big money abeg grin
talk2hb1:

On top how much, don't be hopeless bro.
You are worth more than that.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Bigfish121(m): 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2021
Omo nah so one guy mistakenly transfer 200k enter my account.i just transfer 150k give am back and use 50k take hold my side.
The 50k nah for charges nah.nor b me tell you to make mistake
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Smoothwave: 6:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
BusinessCity:
Commendable but her account links with her residential address, perhaps we should try another test without any traceable details and test for her actions .. Again undecided

How do you reason ??

Yes her account is linked to her address but no body have access to the money in your account..
The bank can't withdrawal money from your account without your consent except bank charges.... If they do, you have the right to sue them and they must pay for damages...

Even if someone mistakenly transfer money to your account,, the bank or your account manager will call you to seek your consent and required you to write consent letter before they remove it from your account back to the person...

Even if she decide not to return it, the bank can't do anything.. as far as she did not steal it and is not an illegal money....

The only thing the bank will do is to tell the company to get Court-Order .. and getting Court-Order is another long thing...
Even the court will contact you and she can still claim is her money ,,, the court can even force the company to give her huge compensate...

She did a great job,, you hardly find people like that in this hard economy..
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by anonym0us: 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2021
I will buy bitcoin with that money and travel out
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by zedegit: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2021
nwekeugochukwu:
A Nigerian woman, Sola Ismail, has been praised by many after she sent back the sum of N38 million that was mistakenly credited into her bank account, IgbereTV reports.

According to a Facebook post by Elder Olabisi Ekwueme, the woman wanted a refund of the money she had paid to a Chinese company for a product which they did not have. The refund was to be N41,000 but the company said they would only return N38,000. In error, the company transferred the sum of N38 million into her account.

Without thinking twice, the woman returned their money after deducting bank charges. As a response, the company returned her full N41,000. Olabisi further said that Sola’s act is a proof that there are upright Nigerians.

Elder Olabisi Ekwueme wrote on Facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/756557773/posts/10159146391542774/?app=fbl

To be honest, I doubt if I will return it o.

In this hardship? I will accept it with thanks.

Now what did she achieve? Her response just made them only refund her #41 000.

Was it worth it? Only time will tell.

Las Las na one Chinko wey him eye dey fall asleep press extra 3 zeros.

Chinko when shall una remember me too.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Smoothwave: 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2021
Danielkupiejo:
Dubai nko? Ghana nko abi Cameroon

Lol, ���.

Is funny how some of you reasons ??
Did she dupe them or steal the money ??
Why will they look for her ?? ���

How do you reason ??

Yes her account is linked to her address but no body have access to the money in your account..
The bank can't withdrawal money from your account without your consent except bank charges.... If they do, you have the right to sue them and they must pay for damages...

Even if someone mistakenly transfer money to your account,, the bank or your account manager will call you to seek your consent and required you to write consent letter before they remove it from your account back to the person...

Even if she decide not to return it, the bank can't do anything.. as far as she did not steal it and is not an illegal money....

The only thing the bank will do is to tell the company to get Court-Order .. and getting Court-Order is another long thing...
Even the court will contact you and she can still claim is her money ,,, the court can even force the company to give her huge compensate...

She did a great job,, you hardly find people like that in this hard economy
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by BusinessCity: 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2021
Smoothwave:

How do you reason ??

She did a great job,, you hardly find people like that in this hard economy..

Take Ibruprofen for your pain. You'll be alright
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by BusinessCity: 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2021
Seyzcham91:
grin

Abi na
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by BusinessCity: 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
DarkJeddi:
It's all about the right amount of incentives ..

Educated or not,that is prayers answered to some people..

Well I go first borrow am go Alaba Rago go buy goods sell first turn over the money small before I return am

Mi o le wa short undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by zedegit: 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
BusinessCity:

What is in her residential address that #38 million cannot replace multiple times.

Yes, naira is losing value yet we at least agree that #38 million can give you a headstart in any country of your choice in the world.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Prechgold1180(m): 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
Baawaa:
I will do business with the money before I return it
I go use the money buy Bitcoin
Leave am for one week

So me returning the money go come depends on Bitcoin if e go up fine I go send dem pocket my gain
Buh if e low

Omo how much for Lexus again
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Smoothwave: 6:37pm On Jan 29, 2021
Seyzcham91:
grin

EFCC can't even chase you and no body can persecute you for it..

As far as you did not force the person to transfer the money to you ...
The person did not transfer the money under duress ....
And you did not steal the money from the people..

No body can persecute you if you...
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by BusinessCity: 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2021
zedegit:

What is in her residential address that #38 million cannot replace multiple times.

Yes, naira is losing value yet we at least agree that #38 million can give you a headstart in any country of your choice in the world.

And replace all the guarantors who signed for her to get the apartment and get apartment for all her friends and family who many of her Co tenants know and change her workplace that the shop landlord dint ask for details of surtees

Get sense na undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Cutehector(m): 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2021
DarkJeddi:
And you think that who wants to steal it would be bothered about what comes after? shocked
it is a simple thing, if she absconded with it, any account holder the money entered, plus her will be arrested.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Smoothwave: 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2021
BusinessCity:

Take Ibruprofen for your pain. You'll be alright

Lol���

Nigerians can be funny...

You said something,, and I decided to explain how is does to you... Then you decide to be insultive, instead of you to explain your view about it to me or at least say OKAY...
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Plut01: 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2021

She try

Next time, just make a 60-40 deal with your bank manager. He go sharparly eraze your details off their data base, then japa to any African country of your choice smiley smiley

Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by zedegit: 6:49pm On Jan 29, 2021
BusinessCity:

And replace all the guarantors who signed for her to get the apartment and get apartment for all her friends and family who many of her Co tenants know and change her workplace that the shop landlord dint ask for details of surtees

Bros abeg forgive the nonsense I typed as I am drunk

Go and drink no more.
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Germi9: 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2021
BusinessCity:

As for me o..

Well I go first borrow am go Alaba Rago go buy goods sell first turn over the money small before I return am

Mi o le wa short undecided

haha!! i go use am play 2odd double am
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by osilamah77(m): 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2021
The money is traceable..
Re: Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account by Cousin9999: 7:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
They were probably using her for money laundering, and she happened to notice and wouldn't cooperate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Replies Fan Who Said He Doesn't Help People / Wudil Kano Cattle Market: Where 60 Trucks Arrive, Leave Weekly / New Naira Notes: Restaurant Owner Embarasses Male Customer, Tears His Trousers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.