Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya (38314 Views)

South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video) / Meet A White Woman Who Is Chef At African Restaurant In Leicester UK. / The 50 Best Restaurants In The World For 2018, African Restaurant Makes List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 8:28am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

Calabar place but I'm seeing rice there

where is my Atama soup
Afang
Editan
Edikan-ekong
Afia efere
Ekpang nkukwo
Abak

Chai

When it comes to Delicious Food, soups especially
Akwa-cross is the Best
other tribes sef dey confirm am

I bet u never taste Oha soup from Anambra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by theMagnet: 8:28am On Jan 30, 2021
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by onward4life(m): 8:30am On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:
While Nigerian Fulanis are spreading havoc and cows all across Africa, Southern Nigeria is spreading positivity, business ideas and development all across Africa and the world. Any news of "Nigerian" doing something good from Abroad is always a Southerner. Its high time Southerners join as a FORCE, i don't give a hoot about South West or South East.. In the North, they all see themselves as Northerners under a unified group.

Na the meat aspect of Northern foods they entice a typical southerner!

And say plus kunu and zobo if not

I don belleful or I am on fasting
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Kwara1stson: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2021
DeRay98:
I won't surprised if the initiators of this venture are Lebanese or Indians resident in Nigeria.
They see the opportunities Nigerians fail to see in "bad economy" and they move for it and make millions while we keep complaining and looking white collar jobs.
if I have 100s of millions I will set up a profitable venture also. it's not a rocket science
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by chukxie(m): 8:35am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

where is my Atama soup
Afang
Editan
Edikan-ekong
Afia efere
Ekpang nkukwo
Abak

Chai

Akwa-cross is the Best

Salute! Salute!! Salute!!! My late dad (God bless his soul) used to make the most delicious Atama soup.

4 Likes

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Mouthpis(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2021
I don't know if I can survive 24hrs without swallow.

Can't imagine myself eating Pizza, Biscuits and Milk, Dough and Tea, Cookies and a host of many other these white folks eat.

Naija cuisine are topnotch aswear!

Come to the North we dey there. Tuwon Shinkafa, Karkashi, Weyna, Miyan Yakuea.

To the South West, Ewedu, Brokoto, Amala, Agoyin. Gbegiri, etc.

To the South South, Banga and Starsh, Owo soup, Iriboto, Edikangikong, afang etc.

The South East, Pepper Soup, Isiewu, ofe owerri, Bitter leaf soup, Oha soup okora soup, Ogbono soup, Egusi soup. I don taya jawe!

Naija, we too much...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by chozzy: 8:43am On Jan 30, 2021
Wow ... great !
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by nichol17: 8:43am On Jan 30, 2021
Wow the land of promise in deed
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by cybluesky(m): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2021
Now they welcome us with open hands,appreciating our cuisines and people which ought to lead to a sweet cultural exchange until u hear Nigerians say that Kenyans are lazy,their women love Nigerian men more,we know how to spend money,Nigerian food is sweeter,Nigerians dominate anywhere we find ourselves....when would we learn to appreciate the kindness of our hosts instead of acknowledging our supposed audio "prowress"?....thank u kenyans for being accomodating and we hope to get a taste of ur Kenyan food soon on Nigerian soil....one love to all africa.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by nichol17: 8:46am On Jan 30, 2021
Please Terry should cut off her long nails please.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by waleadeagb(m): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2021
Unified group of Terrorists, banditry, rapists and kidnappers....to crown it all....they are also extreme Looters and educationally backward termed highly uneducated.....all to the Northern Nigeria.. Kudos to the Northern Nigeria. Stay with them and your future is doomed already....You can't hold a sinking ship or you too will sink with it.....

Dailymice:
While Nigerian Fulanis are spreading havoc and cows all across Africa, Southern Nigeria is spreading positivity, business ideas and development all across Africa and the world. Any news of "Nigerian" doing something good from Abroad is always a Southerner. Its high time Southerners join as a FORCE, i don't give a hoot about South West or South East.. In the North, they all see themselves as Northerners under a unified group.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Emeraldgreene(f): 8:50am On Jan 30, 2021
[your perspective is very wrong...how can a Nigerian type this.nigerians are very industrious which ruffles a lot of feathers...quote author=cybluesky post=98572841]Now they welcome us with open hands,appreciating our cuisines and people which ought to lead to a sweet cultural exchange until u hear Nigerians say that Kenyans are lazy,their women love Nigerian men more,we know how to spend money,Nigerian food is sweeter,Nigerians dominate anywhere we find ourselves....when would we learn to appreciate the kindness of our hosts instead of acknowledging our supposed audio "prowress"?....thank u kenyans for being accomodating and we hope to get a taste of ur Kenyan food soon on Nigerian soil....one love to all africa.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by EvilPharaoh: 8:52am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

where is my Atama soup
Afang
Editan
Edikan-ekong
Afia efere
Ekpang nkukwo
Abak

Chai

Akwa-cross is the Best

I served in Akwa Ibom and I can't agree less with you. AKS have delicious meals. I can't just get afang soup off my head even years after leaving there. I love that soup with all my spirit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 30, 2021
DeRay98:
I won't surprised if the initiators of this venture are Lebanese or Indians resident in Nigeria.
They see the opportunities Nigerians fail to see in "bad economy" and they move for it and make millions while we keep complaining and looking white collar jobs.
did you read the article? the restaurant is in Kenya
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Gireiboy(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:
Are you sure? what about your drug dealing brothers?
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by promzy555(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2021
Wat a great achievement from bubu
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

where is my Atama soup
Afang
Editan
Edikan-ekong
Afia efere
Ekpang nkukwo
Abak

Chai

Akwa-cross is the Best
Calabar food are overrated. They are good for the body but sometimes tasteless.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 30, 2021
Gireiboy:

Are you sure? what about your drug dealing brothers?
is it Southerners that normally get caught in Saudi Arabia for drug dealing?
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Blackdisciple(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2021
dapsoneh:
Naija food no dey carry last na
Yes oo
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by LordErrk: 8:59am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

where is my Atama soup
Afang
Editan
Edikan-ekong
Afia efere
Ekpang nkukwo
Abak

Chai

Akwa-cross is the Best

Na only soup una sabi o. So no dey too proud grin
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Kimjongun: 9:06am On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:

Southerners are still scared of each other's ambition, while in the north a group has successfully dominated
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2021
LordErrk:

Na only soup una sabi o. So no dey too proud grin
So na rice and Spaghetti African man wan dey proud of before?

4 Likes

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by cybluesky(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2021
@ emeraldgreene,all africans are industrious,let's stop feeding our bloated egos.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by SeriouslySense(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2021
This looks so delicious, my throat o

majamajic:

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2021
justosee:

Calabar food are overrated. They are good for the body but sometimes tasteless.
certainly you've been eating another food not Calabar food prepared by a good cook

3 Likes

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Princedapace(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:

This is what I have been saying. Southern Nigeria provide the human resources that drive this country. U will rarely see northerners so great things away from home. It is always in Nigeria that they dominate simply becus of useless political structure we run in Nigeria.

When u meet 2 southerners who have done crime abroad, u will surely meet 20 southerners who have done great things abroad.

We drive the country. Even in tax, it is our sweat that drive the country. Take away southern Nigeria, North will just die. I mean dia.

It hurts me seeing South east west and south south fight stupidly. North has northern governors forum but southern Nigeria has South East, South West, South South governors forum. That is madness.

Even Middle belt is more useful than North. They say North provide food, pls do they give us the food for free? We pay for the food. While the rest of our tax and vat and natural resources are used by all Nigerians including northerners for free.

I hope to see a future of southern Nigeria where we are united to either restructure this country into confederation or run USA model of true federalism.

Check out startups. U will rarely see northerners there. It is always young southerners that are doing it. Crazy thing.

Southerners would have come up with a sweet system of govt like seen in Europe if not for North.

Why Southern politicians are selling us away to these northerners is what I don't understand.

I can bet anyone that if North had thw type of human and natural resources that we have in Southern Nigeria, they would have pulled out of Nigeria long ago.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2021
majamajic:

of cos I've
still not sweeter than Afang soup

3 Likes

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Lewisdinho(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2021
Exactly what i thought.
Yahman1:

where is my Atama soup
Afang
Editan
Edikan-ekong
Afia efere
Ekpang nkukwo
Abak

Chai

Akwa-cross is the Best

1 Like

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Lewisdinho(m): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2021
Have you tasted our Atama soup with Fufu before? I swear if you do you ain't gonna go back to Anambra again
theMagnet:

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

of cos I've

still not sweeter than Afang soup

All Calabar soups are just under Vegetable soup

Atama soup and Edikan ekong is just same soup , Calabar soups are overrated , I do eat at Calabar kitchens, I still struggle to see the difference in their soups

1 Like

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Lewisdinho(m): 9:20am On Jan 30, 2021
All i see here is fried rice + chicken+ salad

What about the main Akwa cross delicacies since the name is CALABAR PLACE

Afang soup
Edikan ikong
Afia Efere ebod
Editan soup
Ekpang nkukwo
Usung ikpong
Efere Abak aka Atama soup
Asa iwa
Asa Abakpa
Mkpafere

1 Like

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by AFONJACOW(m): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2021
After my Australian friend ate my Egusi soup and kpomo with fufu, every weekend he prefers to miss his karate class than to miss my food delicacy... Any weekend I no cook am, nah fight between me and him, infact he has introduced his other friends to the local delicacy, planning of opening Africa kitchen with him

Nigeria Amaka just that sai Babar and his goons from North are giving us bad names worldwide

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cockroach Inside Shawarmer / I Eat Dry Gari Everyday. Is This Healthy? / Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.