Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:13 AM

Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya (38570 Views)

South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video) / Meet A White Woman Who Is Chef At African Restaurant In Leicester UK. / The 50 Best Restaurants In The World For 2018, African Restaurant Makes List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

Calabar place but I'm seeing rice there

where is my Atama soup
Afang
Editan
Edikan-ekong
Afia efere
Ekpang nkukwo
Abak

Chai

When it comes to Delicious Food, soups especiallyAfaang
Akwa-cross is the Best
other tribes sef dey confirm am

U must be an efik man...
I'm in love with Afaang.
That soup fit make me marry efik woman
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
kingsolomonjnr01:

U must be an efik man...
I'm in love with
Ibibio by tribe

but we're still one Efik/Ibibio
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Skymason20(m): 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
calabar women can cook, they are the best in food cooking, and Dem sabi trol waste join,if you have bang calabar girl hmm you must be a real niggarrr
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Sleekfingers: 1:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

Calabar place but I'm seeing rice there

where is my Atama soup
Afang
Editan
Edikan-ekong
Afia efere
Ekpang nkukwo
Abak

Chai

When it comes to Delicious Food, soups especially
Akwa-cross is the Best
other tribes sef dey confirm am

i have stopped eating most nigerian foods.....over 90% of our foods is carbonhydrate.....no wonder dibetic patients plenty for naija.......

I am strickly on french and chinese foods.....
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by GNature(m): 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:
While Nigerian Fulanis are spreading havoc and cows all across Africa, Southern Nigeria is spreading positivity, business ideas and development all across Africa and the world. Any news of "Nigerian" doing something good from Abroad is always a Southerner. Its high time Southerners join as a FORCE, i don't give a hoot about South West or South East.. In the North, they all see themselves as Northerners under a unified group.

This is one of the best posts I’ve read in a while on Nairaland.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by nsiba: 2:21pm On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:
While Nigerian Fulanis are spreading havoc and cows all across Africa, Southern Nigeria is spreading positivity, business ideas and development all across Africa and the world. Any news of "Nigerian" doing something good from Abroad is always a Southerner. Its high time Southerners join as a FORCE, i don't give a hoot about South West or South East.. In the North, they all see themselves as Northerners under a unified group.

Which North? If you don't know a thing better remain silent than making fallacious statements.
You don't travel outside your enclave but you come online and be rambling nonsense
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by nsiba: 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2021
majamajic:

I do eat atama soup , I still prefer vegetable okra soup with stock fish from Anambra kitchen , in ajao estate I do eat vegetable okra there from one Anambra kitchen

Calabar know how to cook , but Calabar no get enough delicious soups , they are just rounding around vegetable soup.

Unlike in Anambra where u can have differently in oha , nsala, vegetable okra , ogbono , bitter leaf , ofe ede , ofe akwu and egusi (with ugu or with bitter leaf )

They are look differently and tastes far differently from each other

You have no sense of taste, beside all those Ogbono, bitter leaf, okro and the rest are seen as too ordinary for us.
They are emergency or sharp-sharp soups
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by nsiba: 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
Sleekfingers:

i have stopped eating most nigerian foods.....over 90% of our foods is carbonhydrate.....no wonder dibetic patients plenty for naija.......

I am strickly on french and chinese foods.....

If you don't know what causes diabetes and what diabetes is, just sharap.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
nsiba:

You have no sense of taste, beside all those Ogbono, bitter leaf, okro and the rest are seen as too ordinary for us.
They are emergency or sharp-sharp soups

U call bitter leaf sharp sharp soup , egusi and okra is the only Sharp sharp soup there , bitter leaf go stress u seriously
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by DeRay98(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
justosee:
did you read the article? the restaurant is in Kenya

Yes, in Kenya but the concept is from Nigeria, calabar isn't a Kenyan word or name.
They exported the idea from Nigeria and that's my point
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2021
DeRay98:

Yes, in Kenya but the concept is from Nigeria, calabar isn't a Kenyan word or name.
They exported the idea from Nigeria and that's my point
but you said something about Lebanese and Chinese.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by DeRay98(m): 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
justosee:
but you said something about Lebanese and Chinese.
Which did you attend sef?
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by TATALoAlaMu: 2:59am On Feb 02, 2021
DeRay98:
I won't surprised if the initiators of this venture are Lebanese or Indians resident in Nigeria.
They see the opportunities Nigerians fail to see in "bad economy" and they move for it and make millions while we keep complaining and looking white collar jobs.

Quite a promising business because of the rising population if nigerians in Kenya. I ate Amala with Vegetable and Bokoto at mumi dada in kileleshwa for 7000Ksh/$70. It was very satisfying after 6 days of eating Ugalli and Rice. It's the real deal gangan. I asked for the chef and the guy turned out to be a Yoruba guy. It was impressive. I tipped him generously .

1 Like

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by TATALoAlaMu: 3:00am On Feb 02, 2021
ntyce:
Where in Nairobi?

Find mumi dada in kileleshwa, their naija food bad!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The okra soup I prepared with chikini money / World Jollof Day 2018: Three Fun Recipes To Try / How To Fix An Oversalted Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.