Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! (979 Views)

HELP!! I Can't Smell Anything / I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Advocatejustice(m): 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2021
I have been hearing how people are saying they lost their sense of smell since the inception of this COVID 19.

I'm practically experiencing it now.

I have been down with cold, cough, catarrh and general weakness of the body and headache for three days now.

How did I get to fully confirm my claimed?

I wanted to check a bowl if it was used for oil engine or groundnut oil in the office, I just can't get any smell to distinguished at all.

I practically put my hands inside the oil, put it into my noise and no smell of anything at all.
After these incidents in office I began to take notice by smelling things.
This was after 3 days of sickness even though without proper recovery from the sickness

Then today, when I finally discovered that smelling has left my nose was when I went to buy my perfume (Cotton Club).

The first person gave me another brand because he did not have the Cotton Club, he claimed the one he gave me is more effective but when he opened it I couldn't smell anything, I practically put it into my nose and I can't smell it at all.

I was still in doubt maybe the perfume he gave has issue so I told him I will go and check for my Cotton Club else where.

Alas! when I laid hands on my own Cotton Club and sprayed it around my neck and hands to smell, I can't smell anything too.

When I went to church this evening, I just sprayed it on my cloth knowing fully well that I can't perceived it myself at all.

Is any one else going through this?
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by adadike(f): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
Nwokem, take a piece of garlic, peel it and insert into your nostrils. You will get the smell but it will be faint. Eat garlic and continue to inhale crushed garlic . You will be fine within a week. But why did you go to church since you know you are suffering from this disease

2 Likes

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by HopeVictor(m): 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2021
Garlic ginger would help..cut it and boil then drink the water..just started mine today..before 2 weeks you will be better.. Covid is real let's all stay safe

2 Likes

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Advocatejustice(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2021
adadike:
Nwokem, take a piece of garlic, peel it and insert into your nostrils. You will get the smell but it will be faint. Eat garlic and continue to inhale crushed garlic . You will be fine within a week. But why did you go to church since you know you are suffering from this disease

Thank you, I just went to collect a very important thing from someone.

I made sure I didn't stay long in church nor get in contact with anyone at all.

That garlic looks like onion?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Dollarremix(m): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2021
well I think isolation center is calling you with megaphone.

1 Like

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by HopeVictor(m): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2021
The first step to recovery is self isolation.. Wear your mask if you must go out.. Mine started on Saturday I've started perceiving but not much..it can be really depressing
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Advocatejustice(m): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2021
adadike:

Thank you, I just went to collect a very important thing from someone.

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by adadike(f): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2021
Advocatejustice:

Thank you, I just went to give collect something from someone.

yes dear. Garlic is the one that looks like onions
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by osamz007: 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
YOU DON GO SPREAD COVID FOR CHURCH

REPORT TO HEALTH CENTRES WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE SYMPTOMS

UNA NO GO HEAR

2 Likes

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Advocatejustice(m): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2021
adadike:
yes dear. Garlic is the one that looks like onions

Thank you Ada, wife material.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Makavelli25: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2021
Me too
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Nezero(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2021
Yes o, I had the same loss of sense of smell last week oo. I told everyone around me. I had a fever before that. I'm fine now Sha.

It got so bad that when I was cleaning my air filter with kerosene, I couldn't smell it. I have been using sniper in KY house every day, sometimes I would have to go and sniff the bottle before I could perceive a faint smell.

But I feel better now.

It could be covid oo. I told everyone around me.

1 Like

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2021
Go and do Covid 19 test before your condition exacerbates to the point where it may be difficult for you to heal, you know our health centers are poorly equipped

1 Like

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by sonofthunder: 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2021
Advocatejustice:
I have been hearing how people are saying they lost their sense of smell since the inception of this COVID 19.

I have been down with cold, cough, catarrh and general weakness of the body and headache for three days now.

I wanted to check a bowl if it was used for oil engine or groundnut oil in the office, I just can't get any smell to distinguished at all.

I practically put my hands inside the oil, put it into my noise and no smell of anything at all.
This was after 3 days of sickness even though without proper recovery from the sickness

Then today, when I finally discovered that smelling has left my nose was when I went to buy my perfume (Cotton Club).

The first person gave me another brand because he did not have the Cotton Club, he claimed the one he gave me is more effective but when he opened it I couldn't smell anything, I practically put it into my nose and I can't smell it at all.

I was still in doubt maybe the perfume he gave has issue so I told him I will go and check for my Cotton Club else where.

Alas! when I laid hands on my own Cotton Club and sprayed it around my neck and hands to smell, I can't smell anything too.

When I went to church this evening, I just sprayed it on my cloth knowing fully well that I can't perceived it myself at all.

Go check your blood sugar and blood pressure.
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Neddstark: 5:55am On Jan 30, 2021
Haba and you still went to church? Once you notice symptoms, stay far away from people as possible.
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by gbolagunte81693: 6:25am On Jan 30, 2021
The first step to recovery is self isolation.. Wear your mask if you must go out.. Mine started on Saturday I've started perceiving but not much..it can be really depressing
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by mariahAngel(f): 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
Take 4-6 oranges per day to help boost your immune system. Between just #100-#150

If you can handle the bitterness in bitter kola, chew one per day until the symptoms disappear.
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Tbvxl: 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2021
Bro I have been unable to smell since Monday. I've been down with cold and cattarh too
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Geeman23(m): 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
My mum got exposed to someone with covid like three weeks ago. Just this Monday she came down with cold malaria like . No cough No catarrh. Just fever tiredness. She got over it the next day after taking drugs pain releiver etc. I am damn afraid. She is back in shop as before. Whether covid or not is heavy on my mind as load. These are cazy times. Stay safe people.
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
It's no longer news that we are currently experiencing the 2nd wave of Covid-19 in Nigeria. I recently recovered from Covid-19 and I would like to educate everyone on my experience and how I treated it.

Tip - If you are experiencing Malaria, Typhoid or Flu symptoms, start treating Covid-19 immediately.

My Experience
I live together with my sister and contracted the virus from her. On the day she tested positive, we were already experiencing symptoms. We were both running fever, body pains and a sore throat. It is very important to treat symptoms immediately you start experiencing them – especially the cold related symptoms. The symptoms typically start from the nose or throat and move rapidly to the chest. Once it gets to the chest/lungs, it starts impacting your ability to breathe. This is where most people need hospitalization.

So, we started treating the symptoms with Vitamins and Ginger. We also ensured we ate properly, rested at least 12hr minimum, stayed in-doors, no cold drinks/food, did not use fan and had the AC at 28C. The symptoms remained mild because of aggressive and consistent treatment. Most young people without any underlying health issue will have mild symptoms and can treat Covid-19 from home. See a rough timeline of the symptoms:

Day 1 – Fever, Body Pains, Sore throat, tiredness
Day 2 – Blocked nose (off and on)
Day 4 – Loss of sense of Smell
Day 5 – Fever stops (no need for Paracetamol)
Day 7 – Sore throat intensifies & starts to move to the chest, chest pain; I increased intake of raw ginger, vitamins and oranges
Day 8 – Chest pain stops, sore throat reduces, still tired
Day 10 – Starting to feel stronger, cold symptoms very minimal, still tired (sleeping 12 hours a day vs 7-8 hours on a normal day)
Day 11 – Sense of smell returns - (this was triggered by inhaling a new smell; I opened a new perfume I just got)
Day 13 – Tests negative for Covid 19

Treatment
Tip – Have these items at home because the symptoms progress very rapidly.

1. Vitamin B – to be taken 3 times daily
2. Vitamin C – 1000mg to be taken 1-2 times daily
3. Vitamin D – to be taken 2 times daily
4. Zinc – To be taken once daily
5. Paracetamol – to alleviate fever and body aches as needed
6. Ginger – to be eaten raw 3 times daily. I put ginger as a drug because it is literally the most powerful medication on this list. A few minutes after eating Ginger, I noticed a significant improvement in my symptoms. It tastes bitter at first, then peppery, then hot which might dissuade some people from eating it raw – but overall its tolerable.
7. Fruits – Oranges, lemon, etc
8. Prayer

Though my symptoms were mild, having Covid-19 was not an enjoyable experience. Ensure you always “mask-up”. I saw my father before my symptoms showed and he had his mask on throughout. That’s the only thing that saved him. Always wear your masks and Stay safe guys!

6 Likes

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Geeman23(m): 8:53am On Jan 31, 2021
missoreo:
It's no longer news that we are currently experiencing the 2nd wave of Covid-19 in Nigeria. I recently recovered from Covid-19 and I would like to educate everyone on my experience and how I treated it.

Tip - If you are experiencing Malaria, Typhoid or Flu symptoms, start treating Covid-19 immediately.

My Experience
I live together with my sister and contracted the virus from her. On the day she tested positive, we were already experiencing symptoms. We were both running fever, body pains and a sore throat. It is very important to treat symptoms immediately you start experiencing them – especially the cold related symptoms. The symptoms typically start from the nose or throat and move rapidly to the chest. Once it gets to the chest/lungs, it starts impacting your ability to breathe. This is where most people need hospitalization.

So, we started treating the symptoms with Vitamins and Ginger. We also ensured we ate properly, rested at least 12hr minimum, stayed in-doors, no cold drinks/food, did not use fan and had the AC at 28C. The symptoms remained mild because of aggressive and consistent treatment. Most young people without any underlying health issue will have mild symptoms and can treat Covid-19 from home. See a rough timeline of the symptoms:

Day 1 – Fever, Body Pains, Sore throat, tiredness
Day 2 – Blocked nose (off and on)
Day 4 – Loss of sense of Smell
Day 5 – Fever stops (no need for Paracetamol)
Day 7 – Sore throat intensifies & starts to move to the chest, chest pain; I increased intake of raw ginger, vitamins and oranges
Day 8 – Chest pain stops, sore throat reduces, still tired
Day 10 – Starting to feel stronger, cold symptoms very minimal, still tired (sleeping 12 hours a day vs 7-8 hours on a normal day)
Day 11 – Sense of smell returns - (this was triggered by inhaling a new smell; I opened a new perfume I just got)
Day 13 – Tests negative for Covid 19

Treatment
Tip – Have these items at home because the symptoms progress very rapidly.

1. Vitamin B – to be taken 3 times daily
2. Vitamin C – 1000mg to be taken 1-2 times daily
3. Vitamin D – to be taken 2 times daily
4. Zinc – To be taken once daily
5. Paracetamol – to alleviate fever and body aches as needed
6. Ginger – to be eaten raw 3 times daily. I put ginger as a drug because it is literally the most powerful medication on this list. A few minutes after eating Ginger, I noticed a significant improvement in my symptoms. It tastes bitter at first, then peppery, then hot which might dissuade some people from eating it raw – but overall its tolerable.
7. Fruits – Oranges, lemon, etc
8. Prayer

Though my symptoms were mild, having Covid-19 was not an enjoyable experience. Ensure you always “mask-up”. I saw my father before my symptoms showed and he had his mask on throughout. That’s the only thing that saved him. Always wear your masks and Stay safe guys!
God bless you.
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Tbvxl: 12:44am On Feb 06, 2021
Advocatejustice:

Are you able to smell now sir?
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Advocatejustice(m): 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2021
Tbvxl:

Are you able to smell now sir?
Yes, as from yesterday. thank you.
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Tbvxl: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
Advocatejustice:

Yes, as from yesterday. thank you.

I can't smell would you please tell me the steps and everything you have used please.
Please don't ignore this and save my soul
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Advocatejustice(m): 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
Tbvxl:

I can't smell would you please tell me the steps and everything you have used please.
Please don't ignore this and save my soul

I no fit laugh o.

Sir, sincerely I took nothing special.

I just made sure I was taking fruit like Oranges, Pineapple and Pawpaw every day.

I also made sure I was eating good food especially vegetables very well.

Then I just locked up and believe I would be fine.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Tbvxl: 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
Advocatejustice:

I no fit laugh o.

Sir, sincerely I took nothing special.

I just made sure I was taking fruit like Oranges, Pineapple and Pawpaw every day.

I also made sure I was eating good food especially vegetables very well.

Then I just locked up and believe I would be fine.

Thank you for replying sir.
I guess I'd have to start fruits tomorrow then.
I have spent a lot of money on drugs and yet it is not effective on me. I have just begun the ginger and garlic stuff today. Thank you once again
Re: I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! by Houseofglam7(f): 1:14am On Feb 07, 2021
Get well soon ya'll

(1) (Reply)

The Natural Diet Solution For PCOS And Infertility / What Are The Benefits Of Sex In Pregnancy / Pregnancy Test Done Locally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.