Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim (32558 Views)

Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim / Yahaya Bello's Supporters Deny VP Slot, Says Opponents Afraid of His Rising Name / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by haffaze777(m): 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2021
Nigercity:
The truth is
The Delta ibos except some few communites in Ika
And the numerous Igbos like etche, omuma,oyibo e.t c (excluding ikwerre) have never denied there igboness even here on Nairaland
The people who always shout there are no Igbos in South/south are the ikwerres and the ijaws (with the other minorities tribe in SS) especially the ijaws who feels so much insecured about Igbos in ss (maybe becose of the Niger Delta republic dream which the wants to create with the same Igbos in SS)
And the are just the loudest, check anyone who says the are no Igbos in SS it must definitely be an ijaw man or something an ikwerre man,
Go to there Facebook group, infact everywhere the Only thing the discuss is anti Igbo,

The Igbos Rivers aside ikwerre and the ones in Delta aside Ika are very pro Igbo even here on Nairaland
Check out cjrane and co, even the other woman from Delta
So Igbos from SE should stop generalizing Igbo denials to all Igbos in SS
I could remember some years Igbo the current Delta state governor promised to make Igbo language compulsory in a school across Delta North (Delta Igbo).
Infact onistha and Asaba speaks the same language and are the same people, just separate by state creation..

So Igbos in South south are always pro Igbos
The online trolls mostly comes from other minorities tribe in SS who are insecured about there region
The yoruba people who also says there are no Igbos in SS are just ignorant or just doing for trolls
@ the bolded part, I think you're right,we are only doing it to troll Igbo.I'm Yoruba guy from abeokuta and I don't see any difference from Igbo and people from South south except Benin,I see all other state from South south as Igbo.I think you people should come together and be one because you both need one another.this won't stop me from some trolling though because that's what keep nairaland interesting.shey na lie 319nineteen grin
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
PatriotExact:

Oh, now you IPOB dissidents are now looking up to Ohaneze Ndigbo to come to you aid.

When there's no trouble, and your moronic Nnamdi Kanu tells you to beat them up, like foolish jackals you will all drool in unity to unleash his maniacal instructions.

Now it is trouble time, you are all running to the elders you so disrespect.

Miscreants like you all.

Igbos are idiots.

I'm a Youth Pastor, and I will curse you if you mention me. cool

You uneducated fool, where in my posts on this forum have you seen me praise Nnamdi Kanu or IPOB but, you do want to show the world how foolish you are by making unfounded statements.

I was talking about Ohaneze being the uniting force of Igbos, and not Nwodo coming out to make the silly statements he made about the appointment of Leo Irabor but your myopic senses won't let you reason properly to see it.

Who the fu*ck cares if you are Jesus himself or God, your curses are as useless as you so don't bother because they won't work.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
Igbunu4:

Learn to understand before responding. All Igbos are Igbos but this is the turn of SE that is the point.

What you said is exactly how Anyim Pius Anyim should have stated it. The way he put his statement would further detroiate the rocky relationship between Igbos of the South South and South East. Comprende.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 2:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
12rev:

If not for foolishness and greed why should anyone be more interested in who is the president and not how his region can attain sustainable economic development. Anyone outside hausa-fulani clamouring for presidency and not restructuring is dumb and a judas.

You're very correct what we need is a restuctured country. The central government has shown that it can't handle all the responsibilities allocated to it.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2021
Acidiously:

Do you guys speak only Igbo as native tongue or do you have another dialect?

In Etche/Omuma we speak Igbo and we acknowledge it.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by PHijo(m): 2:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
Nigercity:
The truth is
The Delta ibos except some few communites in Ika
And the numerous Igbos like etche, omuma,oyibo e.t c (excluding ikwerre) have never denied there igboness even here on Nairaland
The people who always shout there are no Igbos in South/south are the ikwerres and the ijaws (with the other minorities tribe in SS) especially the ijaws who feels so much insecured about Igbos in ss (maybe becose of the Niger Delta republic dream which the wants to create with the same Igbos in SS)
And the are just the loudest, check anyone who says the are no Igbos in SS it must definitely be an ijaw man or something an ikwerre man,
Go to there Facebook group, infact everywhere the Only thing the discuss is anti Igbo,

The Igbos Rivers aside ikwerre and the ones in Delta aside Ika are very pro Igbo even here on Nairaland
Check out cjrane and co, even the other woman from Delta
So Igbos from SE should stop generalizing Igbo denials to all Igbos in SS
I could remember some years Igbo the current Delta state governor promised to make Igbo language compulsory in a school across Delta North (Delta Igbo).
Infact onistha and Asaba speaks the same language and are the same people, just separate by state creation..

So Igbos in South south are always pro Igbos
The online trolls mostly comes from other minorities tribe in SS who are insecured about there region
The yoruba people who also says there are no Igbos in SS are just ignorant or just doing for trolls

As Ijaw people we have NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER with Igbo people.

Stop lumping us together with Igbo.

Igbo call God Chukwu, Chineke or Olisa.

We Ijaw call God Ayiba, Tamara or Tamuno.

We are NOT in ANYWAY the Same!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 2:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
dumodust:

The Igbos in the southeast have no identity issues and don't need to solve any problems, if you igbo guys down south are still living in the tower of Babel with your identity issues, how we take cause am?

Please understand the context of the original post, da'alu.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 2:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
justosee:

You can't force it. you only build bond with like-minds

You are right but you can create the path for it. The SE Igbos ought to be the big brothers to the SS Igbos and not the two always being at loggerheads.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
justosee:
That is your own part of history that came from your parents. Those minorities were also told a different history by their parents

everyone have the right to decide where he came from.

I never said they don't have the right to choose where they belong. I am also part of the minority, you speak about and I was not told any history by my parents, I read about my history when I came of age.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Ojiofor: 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2021
juman:

Its possible.

In politics there are many surprises.
A black man obama became president of america.
An unbalanced individual like trump became american president.

Many people said it uncountable times that buhari could never be president. Now he is about to finish his second term.

Why is IPOB against Igbo presidency project and at same time saying it is impossible?
Meanwhile those individuals you mentioned achieve their dreams through involvement in their countries politics not by boycott.
Imagine if African Americans had employed non political participation, will Obama have become president?
Once again stop listening to scammers masquarading as secessionist, for example as 2023 election is approaching IPOB suppose to position their group to take over political leadership in Igbo land through political process and use it to advance their secessionist agenda afterwards that is how it is done in other countries be it in Northern Iraq,Palestine, Scothland South Sudan,Eritrea,Nagorno Karabahk,Catalonia etc.....

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by MsAllison(f): 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
haffaze777:

@ the bolded part, I think you're right,we are only doing it to troll Igbo.I'm Yoruba guy from abeokuta and I don't see any difference from Igbo and people from South south except Benin,I see all other state from South south as Igbo.I think you people should come together and be one because you both need one another.this won't stop me from some trolling though because that's what keep nairaland interesting.shey na lie 319nineteen grin
cheesy
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by PHijo(m): 2:27pm On Jan 30, 2021
haffaze777:

You can keep on wallowing in ignorance!
You see people who don't even understand one word Igbo as Igbo?!!?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by juman(m): 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ojiofor:

Why is IPOB against Igbo presidency project and at same time saying it is impossible?
Meanwhile those individuals you mentioned achieve their dreams through involvement in their countries politics not by boycott.
Imagine if African Americans had employed non political participation, will Obama have become president?
Once again stop listening to scammers masquarading as secessionist, for example as 2023 election is approaching IPOB suppose to position their group to take over political leadership in Igbo land through political process and use it to advance their secessionist agenda afterwards that is how it is done in other countries be it in Northern Iraq,Palestine, Scothland South Sudan,Eritrea,Nagorno Karabahk,Catalonia etc.....

I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mokason288:
He has a point if you ask me

I’m from Delta state, Asaba precisely

I speak Igbo , I have an Igbo name

But I never agree I’m Igbo

I will always tell you I’m Anioma and I speak Aniotha

We are not Igbo

MODIFIED ... Just as Hausa Fulani, is different from Fulani
A Fulani man will never allow Hausa man to rule over him or consider both of them equals

Igbos in Delta and the rest places see themselves as south South and never south East

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
You absolutely made a mockery of your education. You speak Igbo and has Igbo name and you are not Igbo. You foolishly want to compare Fulani and Hausa? Does an Hausa man speak Fufulde? Ndị ala. Like we care?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

You uneducated fool, where in my posts on this forum have you seen me praise Nnamdi Kanu or IPOB but, you do want to show the world how foolish you are by making unfounded statements.

I was talking about Ohaneze being the uniting force of Igbos, and not Nwodo coming out to make the silly statements he made about the appointment of Leo Irabor but your myopic senses won't let you reason properly to see it.

Who the fu*ck cares if you are Jesus himself or God, your curses are as useless as you so don't bother because they won't work.

You have the features of an IPObian.

You are a deserter who have run away from the camps of fools.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
Is it not better not to utter a statement like this ? How does he want those people from the states and regions he mentioned, who see themselves as Igbo and identify with Igbo people,to feel about that needless,reckless statement ?

What will be the fate of these people when presidency is eventually zoned to the states or region they found themselves ? Will somebody not remind them too that they are Igbos and as such cannot represent their region because an Igbo person from the south east had been President before ?

Instead of clamouring for Igbo people to see themselves as one indivisible people wherever they may be found or located,somebody is already dividing them politically ! Is it not justified now if an Ika or Ikwere man says he is not Igbo ?

Igbos are learners when it comes to politics.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Lovelyn451(f): 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
osarog:
Whether you like it or not Chibuike Ameachi is from Igbo.
whether u like it or not Rotimi is not igbo

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
PatriotExact:

You have the features of an IPObian.

You are a deserter who have run away from the camps of fools.

I see, wandering mongrel get something doing and stop being idle.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by BastardWike: 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2021
Some Nigerians especially the skull miners can be very mischievous sometimes. Pius Anyim is absolutely right here!

Igbo presidency demand is based on equity, fairness and justice, to ensure that no region is left out or shortchanged. Nigeria has 6 regions and virtually all these regions have ruled except the South East. So asking an Igbo man from say Delta or Rivers who is politically from South South to take the turn of South East, then where is the justice? If you want someone from there to rule on behalf of South East because he is Igbo, then the logical thing to do is to first carve them into South East, then it becomes a win-win! But asking for someone from Delta or Rivers or Edo or Benue to take SE sloth because he is Igbo is akin to asking a fulani man from Adamawa state to take the slot of North West because he is fulani by birth or asking someone like Saraki who is from Kwara in North Central to take the slot of South West because he is yoruba by birth. We all know they will all reject such idea because it doesn't make sense! So why do you expect Igbos from to give their slot to another Igbo from South South??

Nigerians, please start being objective and logical in reasoning and acts, that is the only way you can build an egalitarian soceity. Otherwise, if you all continue being unreasonable, Nigeria will also continue to be a laughing stock in the committee of nations.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by erospecial: 2:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
Are Igbos no longer the owner of the whole South south that can equally produce an igbo president like Amaechi, Wike, Donald Duke, Omo Agege, Laureta Onochie or Ngozi Iweala?
Igbos of the Southeast are the real calamities plaguing Nigeria but I bet you they will never get president comes 2023.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by erospecial: 2:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
BastardWike:
Some Nigerians especially the skull miners can be very mischievous sometimes. Pius Anyim is absolutely right here!

Igbo presidency demand is based on equity, fairness and justice, to ensure that no region is left out or shortchanged. Nigeria has 6 regions and virtually all these regions have ruled except the South East. So asking an Igbo man from say Delta or Rivers who is politically from South South to take the turn of South East, then where is the justice? If you want someone from there to rule on behalf of South East because he is Igbo, then the logical thing to do is to first carve them into South East, then it becomes a win-win! But asking for someone from Delta or Rivers or Edo or Benue to take SE sloth because he is Igbo is akin to asking a fulani man from Adamawa state to take the slot of North West because he is fulani by birth or asking someone like Saraki who is from Kwara in North Central to take the slot of South West because he is yoruba by birth. We all know they will all reject such idea because it doesn't make sense! So why do you expect Igbos from to give their slot to another Igbo from South South??

Nigerians, please start being objective and logical in reasoning and acts, that is the only way you can build an egalitarian soceity. Otherwise, if you all continue being unreasonable, Nigeria will also continue to be a laughing stock in the committee of nations.
go and do your Biafra things!
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nakedicome: 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
[i][/i]
privaldo:
undecided Age is really telling on Pius Anyim, no wonder he doesn't think properly.

Igbos should learn to stop referring to those Igbos outside the SE like people from other tribes. An Igbo man is an Igbo man, whether he's from Etche in Rivers, Anioma in Delta, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, or Gabon, it dosn't change the fact he's an Igbo man. Boundaries shouldn't define ones Igbo affinity.

Ohaneze Ndi Igbo should have been at the forefront of correcting this error but, it seems they are also among those fuelling it for their political gains.

A Jew will first identify as a Jew before referring to any other nationality, so the same should imply for Ndi Igbos. AN IGBO MAN IS AN IGBO MAN.

In my opinion, I don't even think fighting for the Presidency is worth it, we should be talking about developing Ala Igbo to be a world class economy and not falling for this political scheme by these politicians, who are doing this for their benefit. A world class economy would allow us have massive leverage, which in turn would allow us dictate the flow of the tide.
RESPECT!
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by BastardWike: 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:
Is it not better not to utter a statement like this ? How does he want those people from the states and regions he mentioned, who see themselves as Igbo and identify with Igbo people,to feel about that needless,reckless statement ?

What will be the fate of these people when presidency is eventually zoned to the states or region they found themselves ? Will somebody not remind them too that they are Igbos and as such cannot represent their region because an Igbo person from the south east had been President before ?

Instead of clamouring for Igbo people to see themselves as one indivisible people wherever they may be found or located,somebody is already dividing them politically ! Is it not justified now if an Ika or Ikwere man says he is not Igbo ?

Igbos are learners when it comes to politics.

You're not making sense. Why are you mixing up emotions in issues when you should apply logic?

Nigeria is operating on a six regional structure i.e. NE, NW, NC and SE, SW, SS. The argument all these while is that SE has been marginalized in the grand scheme of things and particularly the presidency. Now, you want someone from South South to take the slot that is meant for South East just because they share affinity in language, culture and tradition? When they draw a map of the 6 geopolitical zones that have been given the opportunity to rule Nigeria won't the South East still be missing? Would you then say that justice have been served? Can you give an olokumi man from Delta State who shares language, cultural and tradition affinity with Yorubas the slot of the South West? Would it make sense to you?
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by BastardWike: 2:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
erospecial:
go and do your Biafra things!

Respond like a normal homo sapien or STFU!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by BastardWike: 2:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
erospecial:
[s]Are Igbos no longer the owner of the whole South south that can equally produce an igbo president like Amaechi, Wike, Donald Duke, Omo Agege, Laureta Onochie or Ngozi Iweala?
Igbos of the Southeast are the real calamities plaguing Nigeria but I bet you they will never get president comes 2023.[/s]

Sorry, I checked but found no sense nor logic.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by EndTimePreacher: 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
The fact that they deny that they are not Igbo's does not mean that rare not Igbo's , they have not yet learnt their lessons from the civil war. Those Delta IBO's were killed like chicken in the massacre, if you are not Igbo, then stop speaking Igbo, stop dressing Igbo, stop using the Igbo culture, go and find your own culture language, dressing etc. Only a foolish person will believe that geographical accident or migration changes him from who he is. imagine an African American saying I am not African but American because I live in the US
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by BastardWike: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

You are right but you can create the path for it. The SE Igbos ought to be the big brothers to the SS Igbos and not the two always being at loggerheads.

South East Igbos have never been at loggerheads with South South Igbos except Ikwerres that always want to act irresponsibly and antagonize Igbos.

On the issue of 2023 presidency, objective Igbos from the South South would understand that it is only fair and logical for South East Igbos to be allowed to produce the president since it is being done on a regional basis.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
BastardWike:

South East Igbos have never been at loggerheads with South South Igbos except Ikwerres that always want to act irresponsibly and antagonize Igbos.

On the issue of 2023 presidency, objective Igbos from the South South would understand that it is only fair and logical for South East Igbos to be allowed to produce the president since it is being done on a regional basis.

Yes, I understand that it is right for SE to cling the presidential ticket because its been long power rotated to the SE.

When I say the SE and SS Igbos have been at loggerheads, I was referring to Aniomas and Ikwerres.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by nasoeb: 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
But the ikwerres have always stated that they aren't igbos.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nyanabo(m): 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Fools.... hypocrites. But when you want to boost your numbers you count them amongst you. But now they are you among you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by JooEeL(m): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
blamingthedevil:

You are right.... have corrected it.

Lol easy jeje this new year o.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by 9japride(m): 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2021
bjdon:

Respectfully disagree. Nobody gave the SW the slot in 1999. Alex Ekueme, battled for the PDP nomination with Obasanjo. The presidency was zoned to the South in 1999 to placate over June 12. That was a one off. The presidency was also never zoned to the SS, it was fate that allowed GEJ emerge. By the logic of your argument the NE and NC also have a claim in 2023.
[color=#006600][/color]

It was given to Obj to settle the west because of Abiola death. Nigerians really missed the opportunity to be a great Nation, by not supporting Ekueme an architect and of sound mind. Gej was through luck though. But for equity and fairness, the south eastern region needs to be given a chance. After the south eastern region has done their time, then the seat of the presidency can then be left open for contest. But unfortunately, majority of the citizens are poor an illiterate who might end up making poor voting choices, because of trying to feed themselves. Since after the civil war, there is still a cold war directed towards the eastern region. The hate is real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

'Gani Adams Is A Mad Thug Elevated To The Rank Of Nobles' - Maiwada Dan Mallam / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO / Patience Jonathan & Diezani Alison-Madueke Dancing: PDP 2014 National Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.