Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim (32637 Views)

Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim / Yahaya Bello's Supporters Deny VP Slot, Says Opponents Afraid of His Rising Name / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by bigfish3k: 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
ORIENTATION101:
you re wrong presidential zoning is between 17 states of south and 19 states of North.
No geo-political zoning thats why kastina state from northwest region have produced 2 presidents between 1999 till date.

Presidency wasnt zoned to south south ,Gej had it by luck after his boss died.
These ones still dey dream Tinubu.
Mtchew
No go rest.
Intelligencia supposed tell you it's not possible.
Only an unintelligent person still still flogs a dead horse

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by PHijo(m): 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
haffaze777:

Well as far as I'm concerned they are Igbogrin

I am not Igbo, I am Ijaw from Rivers state. We are the largest indigenous ethnic group in Rivers state. Whatever you say won't change that.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
Rugaria:

Could be that he was just joking, ...the way he said that....

Maybe I want to believe he was also joking.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by PHijo(m): 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
bigfish3k:

These ones still dey dream Tinubu.
Mtchew
No go rest.
Intelligencia supposed tell you it's not possible.
Only an unintelligent person still still flogs a dead horse

Very dead one at that.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
It seems the original dress code of every Obi is exactly that of the Oba of Benin. At this point, it is safe to assume to any kingdom whose ancestral monarchial title is "Obi" is part of precolonial Benin Kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXZ9rJVIMh4

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anioma161616:

There is no such thing as ss igbos to start with, forget your silly dreams, we are not igbo and do not intend to become igbo. Keep your igbo tag for yourselves. Stop claiming your tag for others, if we want to be known as igbo, our traditional rulers will make a speach and say it loudly. It doesn't fall on an igbo guy sitting in enugu to start claiming Anioma are igbo. Whe don't need you guys to speak on our behaf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXZ9rJVIMh4

I won't banter with a new account quote me with your main account even if it's on a dead thread then we can talk.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

I won't banter with a new account quote me with your main account even if it's on a dead thread then we can talk.
i am not here to "banter" with you, whomever you are. And stop assuming foolishly, this is my only account.
My message is simple, let people speak for themselves. Anioma have traditional rulers who speak on behalf of the Anioma people
You igbo guys should stop being such parasits.
Anioma traditional rulers are the only people who can speak o behalf of the Anioma !

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by wildikeman(m): 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mokason288:
He has a point if you ask me

I’m from Delta state, Asaba precisely

I speak Igbo , I have an Igbo name

But I never agree I’m Igbo

I will always tell you I’m Anioma and I speak Aniotha

We are not Igbo

MODIFIED ... Just as Hausa Fulani, is different from Fulani
A Fulani man will never allow Hausa man to rule over him or consider both of them equals

Igbos in Delta and the rest places see themselves as south South and never south East

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Perfect sense brother... I'm from onichaugbo and I tell people I'm not an igbo despite the language and name. I'm from aniocha north.... Not igbo

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 5:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

This has always been my point develop Ala Igbo imagine my state Imo bad road everywhere even the capital owerri you can’t drive for 3-5 minutes without slowing down for potholes the whole of Owerri you can’t boost of good road .

Exactly for all I care fu*ck the presidential ticket, we should focus on making Ala Igbo world class, and not chasing the presidency like it would transform our lives immediately we get it.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 5:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anioma161616:

i am not here to "banter" with you, whomever you are. And stop assuming foolishly, this is my only account.

I am not going to reply harshly. If this is your only account then let us leave this thread and go to a dead one to talk, if you are okay with it.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

I am not going to reply harshly. If this is your only account then let us leave this thread and go to a dead one to talk, if you are okay with it.
You assume oce again that I have lots of time to waste. Think again.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by dumodust(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

Nwanne, my issue he would have said SE and SS instead of implying Igbos, and causing further division between the SE and SS Igbos.
I understand your perspective... He should have been more diplomatic
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by mikolo80: 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
Rugaria:

2 things that are fatally wrong with your submission above:

1) Igbos in the south east are not the ones pushing away Igbos from other areas! On the contrary, Igbos from other areas, especially the fulani invented "south south" are the ones fiercely clamouring for a separate identity! The only time you see Igbos from the south south speak up about how they're being pushed away from their so-called Igbo heritage is during times like this..This forum is littered with so many examples of this! We have threads here where for many pages, it was a tug of war as some BROTHERS from mainly Rivers State and Delta State unleashed all sorts of diatribes on the igbo, simply because in the heat of the political persecution going on against the igboman at the moment, it looks convenient for folks to claim a new identity! That in my opinion is evil and should be condemned! Essentially, your advice should go to the Igbos in other regions to man up, actively identify with their kind in the hinterlands and boldily move forward to possess their possessions!

It is what it is

2) You also get it wrong when you talk of creating a "world class igbo economy" within Nigeria, without the Igbos not being interested in the leadership positions/decisions in Nigeria. That can't work my brother! Folks easily forget that politics come first before the economics. You can't get the right economic policies you need to create a versatile economy, if your traducer is in charge of making political decisions over your head on a daily basis!

Not necessarily
Awo was not in charge but he developed his region and would've continued if he hadn't run for prime minister.
We have bad leaders, this has not stopped individuals from thriving so why not communities?

To even create an export oriented economy for instance, you need to get the macro/micro economic policies right! The CBN for instance, needs to get the fiscal and monetary policies right!

Any farmer waiting for rain before he plants will starve to death
Start and adjust on the fly
Stop waiting till every is perfect

Otherwise the final prices of your goods will struggle against the prices of similar goods from other competing economies.

Cbn will not change policy daily, so you can adjust for said policies
And those policies don't affect emerging economies as highly serious competing economies

We still de level minus 1000
Fiscal policy is for ppl dragging plus 999 levels of competition and need slight advantages.
We still importing egusi and jollof rice not to talk of toothpick and pencil

. That's just one single consequence of having the CBN governor making policies that run contrary to your interest! Who appoints the CBN governor? It's the president! So how can you create an economy that's competitive enough, if you have a hate filled president appointing officers who will make policies that will kill your initiatives?

Bribe the officers
Corruption works both ways

High exchange rate means costly prices for raw materials to be imported. It means costly imported machinery since we import most, it means highly costly remuneration policies for foreign expats who might be needed to help with setting up some manufacturing processes.., the list is endless.

No it doesn't
It means you just have many zeroes behind prices(nominal value)
But value(real value) remains the same
Just work with stable currency

. We haven't even gone to policies related to setting up the basic infastructures needed to fast track the course of rapid industrialization such as power projects, rail ways, gas distribution, roads, ports, soft loans to SMEs etc... You need to have the right policies at the center to make this happen! Look at how Obasanjo turned Ottah into a manufacturing hub with the gas line biuld up.., look at how Buhari is doing the same in Kaduna. How can any eastern city compete with those cities if policy makers deliberately starved the eastern cities of such foundamental structural investments?
obasanjo did not do anything o
Those were private sector investments
Is aba not thriving?
Is south east not member of PDP? They had 16 years to implement policies which apply to all by the way.
Are we not all in the darkness together with 2GW OUT of installed capacity of 7GW instead of 1 to 200GW?

EASTERN ports exist but easterners refuse to allow then to function

Do they not have governors and senators and reps and local govt chairmen and ministers and board appointees?

A market in aba just installed a 150MW generator to boost productivity under Buhari regime so no I don't agree that you only develop when you're the president.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by bigfish3k: 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
justosee:
there was only 1 language in Israel and it is the Hebrew language. all Israelites came from same ancestor.
You can't say there are no variations in Hebrew.
Even English language has variations and synonyms
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by ello29(m): 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
DO NOT ALLOW POLITICIANS DECEIVE YOU. THEY CREATED THE REGION'S FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST BE WISE. IT IS EITHER YOU ARE YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2021
ello29:
DO NOT ALLOW POLITICIANS DECEIVE YOU. THEY CREATED THE REGION'S FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST BE WISE. IT IS EITHER YOU ARE YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA.

Wow, such delusion which ofcourse is not based on any sort of facts.
Facts do matter.
Nobody needs to chose a club between igbo, yoruba and haussa. We are not joigning anyone of you, so do your worse.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2021
dumodust:

I understand your perspective... He should have been more diplomatic

Exactly, that is what is needed at this point to mend the broken ties.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anioma161616:

You assume oce again that I have lots of time to waste. Think again.

There's no problem though, whenever you've the time I will be ready just quote me in a dead thread. We are not at war with each other.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by herich(m): 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anioma161616:

Anioma are Edo, not igbo

Below is the Dein of Agbor, who does he dress exactly like ?

https://www.facebook.com/ASIRIMagazine/photos/1555170664515080

https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/463378249131808718/

Who really care whatever you called them claims to come from,,
I am only replying those afonja demons,,, who are very mischievous in deliberately inducing disunity among Igbos and sensible SS Igbos, who still recognise their Igbo heritage.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Pinopinodaddy: 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
I am not sure you understood that text. Anyway, understanding could be the problem. Please digest the text wella.

privaldo:
undecided Age is really telling on Pius Anyim, no wonder he doesn't think properly.

Igbos should learn to stop referring to those Igbos outside the SE like people from other tribes. An Igbo man is an Igbo man, whether he's from Etche in Rivers, Anioma in Delta, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, or Gabon, it dosn't change the fact he's an Igbo man. Boundaries shouldn't define ones Igbo affinity.

Ohaneze Ndi Igbo should have been at the forefront of correcting this error but, it seems they are also among those fuelling it for their political gains.

A Jew will first identify as a Jew before referring to any other nationality, so the same should imply for Ndi Igbos. AN IGBO MAN IS AN IGBO MAN.

In my opinion, I don't even think fighting for the Presidency is worth it, we should be talking about developing Ala Igbo to be a world class economy and not falling for this political scheme by these politicians, who are doing this for their benefit. A world class economy would allow us have massive leverage, which in turn would allow us dictate the flow of the tide.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by bigfish3k: 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
nasoeb:
But the ikwerres have always stated that they aren't igbos.
Not all
Rephrase your statement to 'some Ikwerres'
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by MightySparrow: 5:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
mikolo80:
which wan be Michael obasanjo again

Matthew Obasanjo
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
Actually Igbo is a subgroup of Bantu. If Igbo want to claim people, they need to look outside the borders of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
It is very weird that you would never see the Igbo claiming English speaking Cameroonians even though French speaking Cameroonians refer to their English speaking counterparts as "Biafrans".
All I see from these Igbo guys is the play of a hypocritical parasite who bets on Nigeria breaking up and wants to claim the land of the Anioma.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by EM123: 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
osarog:
Whether you like it or not Chibuike Ameachi is from Igbo.
no body said he is no an igbo man , but we are talking about zoning the presidency to south east zone , and ameachi is not from south east zone.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by KosiGee(m): 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Rugaria:

Could be that he was just joking, ...the way he said that....

He wasn’t joking. You need to watch the whole presentation. It was no joke. He said he wasn’t Igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
Let me say one thing: the Oba of Benin and every Edo is very happy with general Irabor becoming the CDS, and every Edo would also love to see an Anioma to become president.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
Igbo is a subgroup of Bantu.
It is only in Nigeria that a sub group of Bantu can call itself a tribe and start claiming other people who have no business with them, while their Bantu brothers whom are beyond the borders are completely ignored.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
bigfish3k:

You can't say there are no variations in Hebrew.
Even English language has variations and synonyms
the Hebrew language is one and unique, or you are trying to tell me Igbo is somehow related to the Hebrew language? you can't even tell your own history yet you want to tell us the history of other people.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by BaaleOko: 5:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anioma161616:
It is very weird that you would never see the Igbo claiming English speaking Cameroonians even though French speaking Cameroonians refer to their English speaking counterparts as "Biafrans".
All I see from these Igbo guys is the play of a hypocritical parasite who bets on Nigeria breaking up and wants to claim the land of the Anioma.
This useless Benin product of witchcraft, international ashawo business and cultism if you like impersonate fake accounts but we can see through the smokescreen of your badly played deceit. I'm a proud Anioma man from Enunai Ibusa to be precise, what part of "Anioma" are you from? Your people have been seriously warned to know where you want to encroach on with this your useless Benin expansionist scam... but it seems you guys have decided not to listen, it's when we decide to get very violent with your parasites that you will realize not to toy with a man's land and identity. Once again on behalf of the Enuani nation which I proudly represent, we are proudly Igbos and have at NO POINT traced our roots to some Benin empire rubbish, we know our history and the etymology of our linguistics are all of thr central Igbo origin. So it's wisely advised you make a U-turn and focus your imaginary Benin/Anioma rubbish to the Ika people who share borders with you, the Ika can decide to come from Benin since they share so much in common with you lots... but any attempt to encroach on Enuani territory will be met with brutal and savage resistance, lots of our people have been sensitized to this Benin threat and are strongly rejecting that abominable Benin tag all over social media with one voice. The Enunai people are unapologetically Igbos and no minority witch with delusions of grandeur from Edo will change that overnight. Needless to mention we still have scores to settle with you scums for how you collaborated with the Nigerian soldiers to kill our people during the civil war... we shall never forget and in due time we shall even the scores of retribution.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
@baaleoko

For your information, you do not speak on behalf of the Anioma people and you are most likely not an Anioma, I bet you are somewhere in Enugu where you actually belong.
Only Anioma traditional rulers (not even me, an actual Anioma) speak on behalf of the Anioma people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS2HKeMQxtA

Also stop telling lies about the civil war, I know it is brainwashing season for you and your fellow ipob propagandists, but lies will only lead you to hell.

The fact Anioma are Edo is backed by Anioma traditional rulers speech, their traditional rulers dress code and by history as written down by those who witnessed it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Peter Obi Campaigns For Alex Otti, Abia State LP Gubernatorial Candidate / US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole / Ngige Blasts Oshiomhole: ''Be Versed In Issues That Guide Public Governance''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.