Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria (2236 Views)

Is Southeast Landlocked? / Yoruba Will Actualise A Civilised Nation Away From Nigeria's Barbarism — Akintoy / EKWEREMADU Is Southeast Cacus Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Quality20(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2021
This is the view of many northerners. Sometimes ,i wonder why UNN and other FG institutions are sited in the east, because most people see those institutions as purely igbo tribal ones, most unemployed northerners would rather remain unemployed or underemployed than pick up an offer at any of those FG institutions sited in the east, even northern students would rather keep on applying to institutions in the north and in the west than look the way of the east. I really wonder why so many people, young and old fear igbos and their territories.

3 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by donbachi(m): 9:33am On Jan 30, 2021
Israelis

8 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by lastmessenger: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2021
Its simple.quota system does not work in the SE. They cannot compete

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by privaldo: 11:08am On Jan 30, 2021
Quality20:
This is the view of many northerns.
Sometimes ,i wonder why UNN and other FG institutions are sited in the east, because most people see those institutions as purely igbo tribal ones, most unemployed northerners would rather remain unemployed or underemployed than pick up an offer at any of those FG institutions sited in the east, even northern students would rather keep on applying to institutions in the north and in the west than look the way of the east.
I really wonder why so many people, young and old fear igbos and their territories.

The Northern folks aren't intelligent enough to gain admission into South East universities, not that they don't want to apply to these institutions but because they know they can't get in.

You also can't get jobs in the South East because competency is key, and not quota system.

Also, the South East is safer than the North this is a known fact by all. Please stay in the North, if you're anti-Igbo because you certainly won't survive in the East.

38 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by wakaman: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2021
Quality20:
This is the view of many northerners. Sometimes ,i wonder why UNN and other FG institutions are sited in the east, because most people see those institutions as purely igbo tribal ones, most unemployed northerners would rather remain unemployed or underemployed than pick up an offer at any of those FG institutions sited in the east, even northern students would rather keep on applying to institutions in the north and in the west than look the way of the east. I really wonder why so many people, young and old fear igbos and their territories.

Don't hype yourself with the fear Igbo phrase. The true and real verb to use is hate, hate Igbos. Don't wonder at it, use common sense - you get what you give.

4 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2021
It's not fear @op

I bet it has a lot to do with stereotyping,ignorance and tribal bigotry.

Let's take for example calabar. I happened to inquire from many Yoruba indigenes and their response correlates without any difference.

The main excuse for fearing calabars was majorly cause they believe they ate human flesh. I mean,they believe all calabar indigenes ate human flesh.

Same thing with Igbo's. Yes
They believe Igbo's eat humans as well and funny enough,they stood by their word.

Yoruba's aren't well travelled, unless it's to other countries. Majorly two or three countries in the abroad.
But,in their country?

They have no idea what life outside their state is all about.

Majority of Igbo's don't like Yoruba's (tribal bigotry). Fact

All tribes have their flaws and
I'm sorry,I'm not painting any tribe black but,this is the plain truth.

7 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Liposure: 12:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
The civil war ruined and affected the relationship of the igbos with other tribes. War is a bad thing. Since 1970, that the war ended the igbos have been marginalised, neglected and relegated.

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by engrchykae(m): 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
Quality20:
even their God armadu Bello granted an interview to a British journalist where Bello told the journalist that the north doesn't want to have anything in common with the Jews of Nigeria in 1951 or there about
Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by kalufelix(m): 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
Light-and-darkness-share-nothing-in-common...
Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Themainboy22: 2:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
Don't get it twisted. The average hausa man living in south east can't afford to train his child in the university. The one's who could, will rather send them to study in the north, for reason best known to them. Just like the way you can hardly see an hausa man building a good house outside their land. They will rather be sleeping in their mosque and on the street than to rent or build a good house. But the reverse is the case for an Igbo man. An average Igbo guy in another man's land, may be hustling to sponsor himself in school because he knows the value of Education, the same can not be said of an average northerner hustling in the east. Adamu get that kind time? Lol. you see, it has nothing to do with fear!.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
You can't gain admission with 60 has jamb cut off in the east, but Northern universities can take you with that.

When i served in the North, the state coordinator used to beg corpers from South south South East to not go in a hurray but should survey the state and find one innovation from the south to add to it

He said he knows they were deficient in civilisation

4 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by flokii: 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
It's simply because they discriminate too much.. even among themselves. So tell me how any right thinking individual will want to face such ill treatment from them.

UNN is a federal uni just lile UI and OAU but UNN has over 96 percent Igbos, yet you'll still find them in schools in the West and North. They find it very difficult to share but won't mind sharing what belongs to others.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by helinues: 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
People travel to where there are better opportunities than their current abode..

You should have asked why are the indigenes also leaving the region

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by AlhajiImam: 2:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
The east is a tribalistic set of people. Very selfish and unaccomodating

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by ORIENTATION101: 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
Quality20:
the whole of south east is just like a resident to igbos living in north, west, and south.
no major Economic activities ongoing there, and igbos re hostile to non-indigenes.
Despite the close proximity of ss/se, how many people from south south region attend UNN ?

Human naturally go to places where they re accepted ,welcomed and thier bread is buttered.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Cherez: 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
wakaman:

Don't hype yourself with the fear Igbo phrase. The true and real verb to use is hate, hate Igbos. Don't wonder at it, use common sense - you get what you give.

Funny you
What's the rate of Hausas in your school's compared to that of your people in Hausa-state schools?
Oga na quota system
Besides na fear; Nigeria is such a terrible place that wicked kidnappers and killers are daily pardoned and offered monies while palliatives are hoarded from the public

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by wakaman: 3:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Cherez:

Funny you
What's the rate of Hausas in your school's compared to that of your people in Hausa-state schools?
Oga na quota system
Besides na fear; Nigeria is such a terrible place that wicked kidnappers and killers are daily pardoned and offered monies while palliatives are hoarded from the public

Again it's not fear, it's hate.
Do your poll the average Yoruba or Hausa would deal with an Igbo man from a perspective of mistrust and suspicion. it's pure hate back to you igbos, don't mystify it.
Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by privaldo: 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
flokii:
It's simply because they discriminate too much.. even among themselves. So tell me how any right thinking individual will want to face such ill treatment from them.

UNN is a federal uni just lile UI and OAU but UNN has over 96 percent Igbos, yet you'll still find them in schools in the West and North. They find it very difficult to share but won't mind sharing what belongs to others.

This is a lie. In 2017 I had four people taking Jamb to study medicine at UNEC. Three were Igbo and one was a Yoruba, the Igbos had the following scores 270, 252, and 261. The Yoruba scored 255, guess what none of the Igbos got medicine only the Yoruba, two ended up in Nursing and one in Physiology.

UNN operates like UI, they give low cut-off to non-indigenes and except high cut-off from indigenes. Please don't tell a lie to prove a point.

5 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by privaldo: 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
helinues:
People travel to where there are better opportunities than their current abode..

People travel for reasons. In the East there is hardly any local government you step into and you don't find an Ama-Hausa which houses Northeners.

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by privaldo: 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
ORIENTATION101:
the whole of south east is just like a resident to igbos living in north, west, and south.
no major Economic activities ongoing there, and igbos re hostile to non-indigenes.
Despite the close proximity of ss/se, how many people from south south region attend UNN ?

Human naturally go to places where they re accepted ,welcomed and thier bread is buttered.

Where did you get your facts about UNN and Igbo hostility to non-indigenes? In the South East there is an Ama-Hausa which houses Northerners in every local government, so how can you say they are hostile.

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Masterkernel1: 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
helinues:

Citizens leaving where? BLIND Batimus, we prey on your ignorance. A Chinese didn't leave China for Nigeria, because Nigeria is richer or better, but to prey our economic blind spot.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by 9japride(m): 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
The OP is not serious, just saw a post in the thread about a rapist in Benue state that killed a young girl and he made jest of Ipob and Eastern region. So having any logical discussion with such person is a waste of time. The hate is real.

4 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Masterkernel1: 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
AlhajiImam:
The east is a tribalistic set of people. Very selfish and unaccomodating

Accommodate your terrorists brothers? ESN will crush them straight up.
Ooh! Yorubas that's accommodating your brothers, you're running agog and rampage in their land.

We won't allow terrorism in the East.

4 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Masterkernel1: 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
wakaman:

Again it's not fear, it's hate.
Do your poll the average Yoruba or Hausa would deal with an Igbo man from a perspective of mistrust and suspicion. it's pure hate back to you igbos, don't mystify it.

And the love between Yoruba and Fulanis has gotten them daily death. We hate you, but we're living peacefully.

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by anungangampu: 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
High costof education un theEast probably. Easterners go to North becauase its cheaper;accomodation, food and the rest.
Other would be Fear. Other tribe are still scared of the Igbos because the think igbos are hostile due to the war.
Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Bennysam: 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
Quality20:
Is better they fear us like that than to kill us like Yoruba people

5 Likes

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by CandleEyes(m): 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hypocrite. You're pained because the Wise East refuse to allow you bloodsucking Northerners to spy on them to perpetrate Genocide

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by Emperor5(m): 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
U don't give what you you don't have. Northerners don't have what it takes to study in East.
Thesame as building house....I have stayed some yrs in North b4.....the reason easterners build house in North is because north doesn't have standard house to rent. therefore, some people after building house in the village and other places they may decide to build house of their test in North because they have in abundance.
But you can't expect housa man that shine shoe or specialized in mending cloth who doesn't have comfortable shelter in his village to build house in another man land.

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by OruExpress: 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
Quality20:

There are too many northerners firmly living their lives in the SE for this to make sense.
Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by EMMY76: 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
The wicked runs when no one is even pursuing him.
Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by BENARI: 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
Quality20:

Another idiotic ethnic lunatic on the loose
Re: Is Southeast Tecnhnically A Foreign Dissident Nation Away From Nigeria by PoloG: 12:17am On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:
It's not fear @op

I bet it has a lot to do with stereotyping,ignorance and tribal bigotry.

Let's take for example calabar. I happened to inquire from many Yoruba indigenes and their response correlates without any difference.

The main excuse for fearing calabars was majorly cause they believe they ate human flesh. I mean,they believe all calabar indigenes ate human flesh.

Same thing with Igbo's. Yes
They believe Igbo's eat humans as well and funny enough,they stood by their word.

Yoruba's aren't well travelled, unless it's to other countries. Majorly two or three countries in the abroad.
But,in their country?

They have no idea what life outside their state is all about.

Majority of Igbo's don't like Yoruba's (tribal bigotry). Fact

All tribes have their flaws and
I'm sorry,I'm not painting any tribe black but,this is the plain truth.
i thought you said you weren't not igbo?
And fyi , there is no European or north American country you will go to and don't see yorubas there... we just dont fancy other regions that much thats why we dont inter travel in nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun,MOD's & Every Lagos Resident Pays 10% Tax To Tinubu's Alpha Beta Consulting / Bloomberg: Lawsuit Against Nigeria Presidential Candidate Tinubu Aims To Settle / 2023: I Will Hand Over Power To Youths - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.