Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Esther And Brigth's Hunger - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Esther And Brigth's Hunger (135 Views)

95% Of Female Students Will Die Of Hunger If Married Men Stay Faithful —lady Rev / Bbnaija: Esther And Frodd Shocked As Khafi And Gedoni Engage In Sex (Video) / Esther And Frodd Shocked As Khafi And Gedoni Engage In Sex Before Them (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Esther And Brigth's Hunger by vivsravine: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2021
ESTHER AND BRIGTH'S HUNGER

I was on my way back home, just a few blocks to my house, when she beckoned on me, "aunty, aunty" I looked back to see if I was the one she was referring to and behold I was.

Taking a halt, I stood still waiting for her to approach me but she didn't, so I walked up to he just by a closed shop where she sat with her kid brother Brigth.

Esther was her name and she was about 10 to 12 years of age while her brother Brigth should be about 6 to 8 years too, then I sat with them to inquire what the probelm was.

She couldn't speak audibly, she muttered all her words, like someone who had cried all through the day and had lost her voice and so I told her to be a bit audible so I can hear her well.

I started by asking her what her name was and what they were doing in my estate, she narrated how she left home because they were hungry and how her mum left home since morning leaving only 50 naira for the four of them to eat.

At first I got angry in my spirit as to why would a good mother do that but I refused to judge so that I can get the whole story.

She continued , I asked about her dad and she said she doesn't know her dad and has never seen or heard of him, so she doesn't even know if he is dead or alive as to the fact that her mum never mentioned him.

Shocked in my thoughts, I felt for her and her brother who was playing while I and Esther chatted, then while we spoke I realised that she has two other younger sisters at home who was sleeping before they left home.

She was out to beg with her brother so they can return home on time to take care of her siblings, she says her mum sells vegetables and she leaves home very early and returns very late and they all would have slept before she returns..

Pained, I realised that she keeps only 50 daily for 4 children, which they are expected to buy sugar and drink garri and that is all for the day, so she is left in no other option than to beg for survival.

Truthfully. I couldn't advice this baby because I feel she won't understand my narrations, so I started by telling her on the dangers associated with begging, which one of them is that she can easily be kidnapped and used for rituals, more so that would bring so much pain to her mum.

She became scared when I told her that and was so quick to return home immediately, then I looked well at the both of them and realised they had walked a very long distance and they were looking very dirty and unkept and hungry with sad faces.

Our times are bad and even worse, one can't really fathom the truth, people do a lot of dubious things lately and no one knows the mind of another, I had bananas I bought but I couldn't give them because I was just being careful, they were so close to my house, I would have gone home to dish out food for them to take home but I still couldn't, so I gave them the money with me and asked them to get stuff.

Watching as they both left for home, I realised that the hunger in the land is real, the children we should fend for are in the streets seeking for help and they have becomes vulnerable because they are hungry.

What if the mum has nothing to offer these children truly, what if the father was actually no where, what if they continue to beg and live like this, what's the fate of these kids?

Sad to know that the hunger is real, no good and responsible parent would leave their kids without food, just at their tender age they have started begging and seeking for ways to survive.

May God keep us in positions to help and extend the hand of fellowship to the needs of those around us. Amen

Vivsravine speaks ©

Please visit my blog for more on

https://vivoparah..com/?m=1

Or messenge me on Facebook on oparah ahunna vivian or jion my Facebook page on Vivsravine page for more on my write ups on life and relationships.

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Airtime To Us At Good Rates, Get Paid In Secs! / Offer > Https://theskincream.com/crystal-clear-cream-uk/ / Valentine Special!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.