Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Do You Still Watch Television? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Still Watch Television? (27216 Views)

Watch Television And Films And Earn Cash For Free No Investment Android_incent / 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by susy6999: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2021
Hotbutt:
Life is once. Watch your TV.

Now that you don't watch TV, has it changed your destiny to that of Dangote's or Otedola's.

it's not about not watching TVs

Early 2000's, we were living fine without TVs

2010's, TVs were everywhere

Now, Smartphones have taken over from TVs

Its like a revolution

5 Likes

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Ytea(f): 11:36am On Jan 30, 2021
Yes I watch Tv well. Nickelodeon, AFM Yoruba and NatGeowild.
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by porthouse7(f): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Forwhere.......
Na only football match dey make real niggarrrrs veg out in front of the tv...
Even the football match now self person fit stream or watch am with phone or laptop as far as you get data

Me personally....never watch TV this year at all....
Except say I want use am play my ps4
Even the ps4 my sisters nor dey allow me play am in peace....
They are always frustrating me and watching their zee world ...from Ganga to ring of fire,
Twist of faith, amma, this is fate, jodha and akbar, zaras nikha....so I don already give up as a real niggarrr
real niggar u still dey stay with ur sisters, why don't u create ur own comfort.... get a aTV niggar

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Rubbiish(m): 11:38am On Jan 30, 2021
CalliDora1:

Who are you refering to as "this one"?

Be careful.
I will not be careful tongue
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Blakpot: 11:39am On Jan 30, 2021
I have reduced the time spent in front of tv. Just the occasional football.
Tho recently i've been binge watching that pop up James Bond channel on Dstv, no one would want to miss that.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Franklydes(m): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2021
saferoom:
Most people who spend quality time in front of TV dont have quality pockets. It's not me that said it ooo
Thats if you can afford one
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Franklydes(m): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2021
CalliDora1:
Nope.

For years now, I've not put on my TV because once I'm less busy, it's YouTube things or videos of the day on Facebook. So, there's really no time to put on the television. I don't even remember its there.

Though when I go visiting, my siblings just like to force me to watch one programm or the other which I lose interest in within a few mins and revert to my phone again. tongue
Yea YouTube things as no be you dey buy data na
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by descarado: 11:42am On Jan 30, 2021
MadamExcellency:
Unless you don't have family or relate well with your wife and children.

Do you runaway from living room when your spouse or children put on television while you jist with them?

Now, I know why many touts patrol Nairaland spewing hate and rubbish all day and night.
I don't watch tv, my husband try a bit. And we don't have problem with that. Communication isn't broken yet nor family time. There are so many ways to have family time and know that family counsellors always recommend family time away from the tv.

You bond with your family more without tv.
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by descarado: 11:43am On Jan 30, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
TV is mostly for the retired
And kids kiss
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Liposure: 11:43am On Jan 30, 2021
Chrisbella24:
I dey watch tv Abeg! embarassed
lol...addict
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Nezzjnr: 11:43am On Jan 30, 2021
Legalcriminal:
hypocrites will full here saying they don’t watch tv but only after money meanwhile anytime they hear UP Nepa they all jump in to watch tv shioor.
Be deceiving yourself on Nairaland
Exactly cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Olam09(m): 11:43am On Jan 30, 2021
I don't use to watch television also because i have a laptop and a phone and I'm always busy with them one thing is that i do come home late at night so i don't use to watch television except football
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Coolgent(m): 11:44am On Jan 30, 2021
CalliDora1:
Nope.

For years now, I've not put on my TV because once I'm less busy, it's YouTube things or videos of the day on Facebook. So, there's really no time to put on the television. I don't even remember its there.

Though when I go visiting, my siblings just like to force me to watch one programm or the other which I lose interest in within a few mins and revert to my phone again. tongue

That's why Hisense Corporation installed youtube on their smart TV.
So that smartphone will not rander TV useless
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Niceman4u(m): 11:45am On Jan 30, 2021
Who has that time again?
I use my phone to listen to BBC & CNN,
Read skysports news
Then go to my favourite bar to watch football matches.
Can't remember the last time I turned the TV on.
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2021
A lot...I never miss "Hustle", Ochuko, Seki, Dayo, Acid
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Chrisbella24(f): 11:48am On Jan 30, 2021
Liposure:
lol...addict

Omo!

As person no dey comot na
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by PotatoSalad(m): 11:50am On Jan 30, 2021
Thought I was the only one.
The 65" TV I bought in 2019 has not been on for more than 1hr sef. I've tried loading 4k movies on a drive to watch on it but e just dey there. The plastic wrap on the bezels still dey there lol.
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 30, 2021
No I don't I watch social media now
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Liposure: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2021
SegFault:
Nigerians fit use anything feel like boss, because some people don't watch TV dem one use am boast, of course why won't I watch TV when shows like The Walking Dead and Killing Eve still exist. But unfortunately no chance to watch, I can't bear Nigerian movies, dull, cliche, horrible acting.
exactly. The only reason i watch naija flicks sometimes is becos of the dialogue. By the way,i see you watch fox.
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by trustedward(m): 11:55am On Jan 30, 2021
Na poorvety they worry some people, u don't watch tv but u go out to Cinema to watch movies, go get a 75 inches 4k or 8k Lg oled tv and watch a movie or musicals in full HD, 4k OR 8k then come back and spill this nonsense...y workload may be the reason sone persons don't have time for TV others re just turned off by the poor picture quality of their old standard HD TVS

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Kylekent59: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2021
Why are some of you forming?

Yes, I do watch TV. I add more to my knowledge and use it to pass time especially when I am bored.

If you don't watch TV you can go to hell with your forming attitude, and let those who find it interesting watch it.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by MadamExcellency: 11:58am On Jan 30, 2021
descarado:

I don't watch tv, my husband try a bit. And we don't have problem with that. Communication isn't broken yet nor family time. There are so many ways to have family time and know that family counsellors always recommend family time away from the tv.

You bond with your family more without tv.

Not when you have children between ages of 6 years and 20 years of both sexes.

Your opinion on bonding without TV is a lie (you no get children). Accept meal time, the next challenge of teaching and learning tolerance is best with allowing others enjoy their favorite channels while you jist and share moral lessons.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2021
UDOKABESTLUV:

You have started again
How?

Coolgent:

That's why Hisense Corporation installed youtube on their smart TV.
So that smartphone will not rander TV useless

Lol.. really? But still, one cant do online hustle with it. So, my phone to the rescue.

Franklydes:
Yea YouTube things as no be you dey buy data na

Na you dey pay, I guess.
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Jdbrasco2: 12:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
No. I used to watch only foreign news but cnn fox news and networks have been politicised and no longer reports news as it is.
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by madukaanaya(m): 12:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
AntiIgbo:

Lol how will there be light in your portoporto republic grin
Bia-fraud online republic shitizen grin
foolish afonja
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by kachistone: 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
saferoom:
Most people who spend quality time in front of TV dont have quality pockets. It's not me that said it ooo

This is actually incorrect. Kindly note that Lamborghini and other premium brands place their products in movies. This is a form of advertising.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by SoliBayNG: 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2021
If you have a smart TV, you will spend much time watching it or at least, seemingly watching it. Ordinarily, most of that will be spent on the phone or laptop.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by DarkJeddi(m): 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
saferoom:
If you have not reached the stage at which your money is being made while you are chilling,then you are still a learner..

Na me said it.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by descarado: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
MadamExcellency:

Not when you have children between ages of 6 years and 20 years of both sexes.

Your opinion on bonding without TV is a lie (you no get children). Accept meal time, the next challenge of teaching and learning tolerance is best with allowing others enjoy their favorite channels while you jist and share moral lessons.

Oh shut it.
Gosh.
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by henrixx(m): 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
saferoom:
very true
Re: Do You Still Watch Television? by Carlylepneuma: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
occasional for me I would say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: Cee-C, Nina And Khloe In Heated Argument Over Food / BBTitans: Juicy Jay Shouts ‘Chineke’ After Kissing Yvonne (Video/Pictures) / Saga Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.