Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car (1238 Views)

He Wants Advice On Buying His First Car. / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by InifinteXR: 11:37am On May 06, 2023
Please I need advise on buying a new car (my first)

I heard a number of things but I still need more opinion on what to buy.
In buying a new car I'm considering 4 things

1. Design/Aesthetic (which has advantages and disadvantages).
2. Maintanance cost.
3. Uberability
4. Durability particularly in respect to our terrain here in Nigeria (bad roads)
5. personally preference

Let me start with 3 (Uberability), Although I don't exactly plan to use it for full time e-hailing, but once a while, I might feel like using it for that probably to cover fuel cost especially if I'll be the only one in it going somewhere (or just when I'm broke).
and the choice of this isn't a big deal as I believe most car above 2004/2005 is mostly accepted by Uber/Bolt/In-driver. so I just need to note the year.
Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by InifinteXR: 11:37am On May 06, 2023
As for maintenance cost, I heard that Toyota parts (and repairs) are usually cheaper while Honda's are much more expensive, so is this true? how about Hyundai parts?

As for durability, I spoke to someone who's been using a SUV Lexus for some years now, when I asked him about his choice (as compared to small cars), he replied, it's because of Nigerian roads that made him go for that. so what do smaller car owners face while driving on Nigerian roads, is big cars the best option in Nigeria? if yes, why are people still buying and using smaller cars? and which SUV is best?
Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by InifinteXR: 11:38am On May 06, 2023
Lastly for design, obviously everyone (maybe only me sha) wants something that is good looking as it makes us feel good about ourselves but on the other hand, good looking things (cars in the case) might be prone to theft or some similar issues.
Although regarding the theft thingy, while Toyota Corolla isn't spectacularly too pretty, I heard the theft of it's part is very rampant due to the high demand of it's parts. so what can you say about car theft (or it's parts)? I know this is location dependent but what's your experience on this?

As for my personal preference, I'm thinking of Hyundai Elantra 2008 model, as it's has a fairly decent design and not too expensive (within my budget of less than 2m), but as any mature person, I can't let my personal preference overshadow obvious facts that would save me alot troubles later.

1 Like

Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by FlippersCare123(m): 1:55pm On May 06, 2023
InifinteXR:

2. Maintanance cost.
3. Uberability
4. Durability particularly in respect to our terrain here in Nigeria (bad roads)
5. personally preference

Let me start with 3 (Uberability), Although I don't exactly plan to use it for full time e-hailing, but once a while, I might feel like using it for that probably to cover fuel cost especially if I'll be the only one in it going somewhere (or just when I'm broke).
and the choice of this isn't a big deal as I believe most car above 2004/2005 is mostly accepted by Uber/Bolt/In-driver. so I just need to note the year.

you can call or WhatsApp me @09073027735 so I'll enlighten you on different types of car ,I'm a car dealer too
Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by vivalavida(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2023
All this thread because you want to buy a car?
This is another AutoManual in the making.

2 Likes

Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by doggedfighter(f): 9:41pm On May 06, 2023
vivalavida:
All this thread because you want to buy a car?
This is another AutoManual in the making.

Hahahahahaha
Where's Automanual by the way grin grin

Haven't seen his threads recently or is he still working out the calculations of fuel consumption ?

God forbid we have another Automanual !!

1 Like

Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by vivalavida(m): 10:01pm On May 06, 2023
doggedfighter:

Hahahahahaha
Where's Automanual by the way grin grin

Haven't seen his threads recently or is he still working out the calculations of fuel consumption ?

God forbid we have another Automanual !!

He is viewing with his fineboynl moniker

1 Like

Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by fineboynl(m): 10:07pm On May 06, 2023
vivalavida:

lol. Assumption.
Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by doggedfighter(f): 10:18pm On May 06, 2023
vivalavida:

Goodness gracious !!!

How do you guys detect these things ?

You just made me put two and two together.

2 Likes

Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by Michael547(m): 11:33pm On May 13, 2023
InifinteXR:

2. Maintanance cost.
3. Uberability
5. personally preference

I do professional car inspection in the southwest before you buy a car incase you need my service....contact me on 08167469103
Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by SlickCriz: 10:36pm On May 14, 2023
What is there to know about Infiniti sedan G35 & M35 respectively with regards to repairs and faults
Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by lomaxbien(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2023
The m35 is a nice ride
SlickCriz:
What is there to know about Infiniti sedan G35 & M35 respectively with regards to repairs and faults
Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by duduade: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2023
So many threads have been opened on this in this same section.... Go and read
Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by skywalker240(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2023
InifinteXR:
As for maintenance cost, I heard that Toyota parts (and repairs) are usually cheaper while Honda's are much more expensive, so is this true? how about Hyundai parts?

As for durability, I spoke to someone who's been using a SUV Lexus for some years now, when I asked him about his choice (as compared to small cars), he replied, it's because of Nigerian roads that made him go for that. so what do smaller car owners face while driving on Nigerian roads, is big cars the best option in Nigeria? if yes, why are people still buying and using smaller cars? and which SUV is best?
Anybody that tell's you Toyota are cheaper than Honda's part's plus repairs is a bloody liar

Reverse is the case
Re: Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car by bonnyhope: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2023
InifinteXR:
Lastly for design, obviously everyone (maybe only me sha) wants something that is good looking as it makes us feel good about ourselves but on the other hand, good looking things (cars in the case) might be prone to theft or some similar issues.
Although regarding the theft thingy, while Toyota Corolla isn't spectacularly too pretty, I heard the theft of it's part is very rampant due to the high demand of it's parts. so what can you say about car theft (or it's parts)? I know this is location dependent but what's your experience on this?

As for my personal preference, I'm thinking of Hyundai Elantra 2008 model, as it's has a fairly decent design and not too expensive (within my budget of less than 2m), but as any mature person, I can't let my personal preference overshadow obvious facts that would save me alot troubles later.

You have just less than 2M with all these choices

You never ready

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Car Oil / Help Me Oo Pls. / Car Advice: Vehicle Suspension Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.