Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. (371 Views)

Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / ⛪Testimonies That Will Transform Your Life (LIVING FAITH CHURCH)⛪❗️❗️❗️ / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by nony43(m): 5:29am On Jan 31, 2021
I don't know bout you but there are some Testimonies i hear and i fall into shock!!!
I know we don't have a right to Judge what someones testimony should be but please read further and agree or disagree with what you read!
Like when

Someone thanks God that their perceived enemy has died!..(Is this the will of God?

Someone thanks God that they are pregnant at 60!..(I don't know if this is a testimony but old age will not allow anyone of this age give the child good parenting)

Someone gives testimony of graduating with good grades after sorting the lecturers ..(This happens ).....Someone aborts a child and they almost die and give a testimony in Church!!

.Someone snatches Husband or wife and gives Testimony in church on the Sunday after the Saturday wedding!!!

There are many more I can mention but i will leave you to post Testimonies that makes you uncomfortable.....
Some things we are just lucky and they have nothing to do with God..
Those things i mentioned up there,do they fall into Testimonies?

Let's talk please!
Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by helinues: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2021
grin

Politicians giving testimony of how they won an election even though same election was rigged in their favour

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by BusinessCity: 5:47am On Jan 31, 2021
What a nice attempt to defame Christianity. Well done

Why today of ll days Sunday. Issues with great positivity is what Christian talks should be about. Concerns and issues that edifices and bulks up one's beliefs.

Not this poor attempt at shading Christianity.
Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by tobechi74: 5:55am On Jan 31, 2021
Many

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 31, 2021
embarassed embarassed The vegetable and the midget testifying on how they brought change to the country.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Jentle244: 6:24am On Jan 31, 2021
Since you are not God they are giving thanks to, why not allow Got to select the thanks he feels is worthy.

OP when was the last time you have testimony in church?

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by AntiChristian: 6:38am On Jan 31, 2021
Testimony that covid-19 vaccine is one of the agenda of Joseph Biden, an agent of the beast antichrist.

Well, we haven't been killed by covid-19 since almost a year now it entered Nigeria, that's a general testimony for all who survived.
Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Kobojunkie: 6:42am On Jan 31, 2021
BusinessCity:
What a nice attempt to defame Christianity. Well done
Why today of ll days Sunday. Issues with great positivity is what Christian talks should be about. Concerns and issues that edifices and bulks up one's beliefs.
Not this poor attempt at shading Christianity.
Shading Christianity? undecided

The one's that do a great job at that are your many Pastors, Preachers/apostles/ prophets/GOs/Bishops etc. The rest of their blind followers are the icing to that cake their blind leaders already prepared were it concerns "shading Christianity". undecided

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Kobojunkie: 6:43am On Jan 31, 2021
Jentle244:
Since you are not God they are giving thanks to, why not allow Got to select the thanks he feels is worthy.
OP when was the last time you have testimony in church?
Where did God command that you "have testimony in church"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by nony43(m): 6:44am On Jan 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:

The one's that do a great job at that are your many Pastors, Preachers/apostles/ prophets/GOs/Bishops etc. The rest of their blind followers are the icing to that cake their blind leaders already prepared were it concerns "shading Christianity". undecided

It's good you educate him, I don't have time to reply him.
Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by blackpanthar: 7:12am On Jan 31, 2021
nony43:
I don't know bout you but there are some Testimonies i hear and i fall into shock!!!
I know we don't have a right to Judge what someones testimony should be but please read further and agree or disagree with what you read!
Like when

Someone thanks God that their perceived enemy has died!..(Is this the will of God?

Someone thanks God that they are pregnant at 60!..(I don't know if this is a testimony but old age will not allow anyone of this age give the child good parenting)

Someone gives testimony of graduating with good grades after sorting the lecturers ..(This happens ).....Someone aborts a child and they almost die and give a testimony in Church!!

.Someone snatches Husband or wife and gives Testimony in church on the Sunday after the Saturday wedding!!!

There are many more I can mention but i will leave you to post Testimonies that makes you uncomfortable.....
Some things we are just lucky and they have nothing to do with God..
Those things i mentioned up there,do they fall into Testimonies?

Let's talk please!

WOW I love your peice
There really is nothing to talk about.

Look into your own life sir, if everything you have ever gotten including waking up this morning was by your own POWER, then snub the creator called God.

Everyone speaks according to how they understand, no one should be judged for that.

The church is supposed to be an hospital and not an examination hall where someone is scrutinizing testimonies or messages or pastors. Chill please

The entire bible is a book of testimonies BECAUSE it testifies of the wondrous works of God.

If we shut down testimonies in churches because of their seeming inconsistencies.... How do we shutdown NEWS media that lies to us everyday and exaggerates covid, boko haram and herdsmen situation.... If we can not shutdown bad news, the little good news we get on Sundays, no matter how flawed it may be, should be appreciated.

I am not a church goer but religion is therapeutic and helps alot. Else depression would have murdered us all.

No one can perfectly describe what happens to him since he was not solely responsible for making it happen.
LUCK does not exist because NOTHING happens in this realm by chance.

Today is the last day of the January, pls be grateful

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Kobojunkie: 7:37am On Jan 31, 2021
blackpanthar:

WOW I love your peice
There really is nothing to talk about.

Look into your own life sir, if everything you have ever gotten including waking up this morning was by your own POWER, then snub the creator called God.

Everyone speaks according to how they understand, no one should be judged for that.

The church is supposed to be an hospital and not an examination hall where someone is scrutinizing testimonies or messages or pastors. Chill please

The entire bible is a book of testimonies BECAUSE it testifies of the wondrous works of God.

If we shut down testimonies in churches because of their seeming inconsistencies.... How do we shutdown NEWS media that lies to us everyday and exaggerates covid, boko haram and herdsmen situation.... If we can not shutdown bad news, the little good news we get on Sundays, no matter how flawed it may be, should be appreciated.

I am not a church goer but religion is therapeutic and helps alot. Else depression would have murdered us all.

No one can perfectly describe what happens to him since he was not solely responsible for making it happen.
LUCK does not exist because NOTHING happens in this realm by chance.

Today is the last day of the January, pls be grateful
Religion is therapeutic and helps a lot so it is sane to listen and not question the so-called testimonies you hear in question? undecided

Have you ever actually sat in on a mental health therapy session before? Did you know that a core part of the healing is learning to question and judge what you hear so you do not end up decieved by lies and meaningless ideas that are likely to cause you harm If you gobble them up blindly? undecided

For example, those who are depressed are cautioned against having unrealistic expectations such as the ones claimed by many while giving their testimonies.. So why would someone like you lie that testimonies are therapeutic when that is not the case at all? undecided

Did you also know that part of being a believer, at least in Jesus Christ, is knowing to decipher the lies from the Truth of God? undecided

By the way, did you even know that this ritual of giving Testimonies in churches have absolutely nothing to do with the belief itself but instead the running of the church businesses(a sort of service offered) . undecided

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by blackpanthar: 7:46am On Jan 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Religion is therapeutic and helps a lot so it is sane to listen and not question the so-called testimonies you hear in question? undecided

Have you ever actually sat in on a mental health therapy session before? Did you know that a core part of the healing is learning to question and judge what you hear so you do not end up decieved by lies and meaningless ideas that are likely to cause you harm If you gobble them up blindly? undecided

Did you also know that part of being a believer, at least in Jesus Christ, is knowing to decipher the lies from the Truth of God? undecided

By the way, did you even know that this ritual of giving Testimonies in churches have absolutely nothing to do with the belief itself but instead the running of the church businesses(a sort of service offered) . undecided

Sir you're Wrong.

When you are going through a rough time, and you hear or see someone else who went through it and came out of it successfully, won't you feel encouraged? Pls it helps to hear testimonies else how would we know what God is doing in our midst. It increases hope

The Holyspirit is the only one who knows truth from lies.... No believer knows anything except the Holyspirit reveals, now when the Holyspirit sees a lie, he corrects it in love in the smoothest way possible.

Church is actually business.... God's business centre. No one should feel ashamed of it. Jesus in his days made lots of MONEY and kept it with Judas (a pastor who was a thief), so its nothing new. Jesus was right there and Judas was stealing ... Yet Jesus never exposed him to anyone.... Today Christians feel called to exposed each other to the world. It is sad.

Children in a home are supposed to report each other to parents NOT neighbors. Because the best of us is HUMAN and will make mistakes and lots of errors, if we can not separate the problem from the person then we will damage the person to fix the problem and nothing will get solved.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Jodha(f): 7:59am On Jan 31, 2021
Pregnant at 60 doesn't mean they won't be able to take care if the child....God that gives children knows why he gave her. ..

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Kobojunkie: 8:01am On Jan 31, 2021
blackpanthar:

Sir you're Wrong.

When you are going through a rough time, and you hear or see someone else who went through it and came out of it successfully, won't you feel encouraged? Pls it helps to hear testimonies else how would we know what God is doing in our midst. It increases hope

The Holyspirit is the only one who knows truth from lies.... No believer knows anything except the Holyspirit reveals, now when the Holyspirit sees a lie, he corrects it in love in the smoothest way possible.

Church is actually business.... God's business centre. No one should feel ashamed of it. Jesus in his days made lots of MONEY and kept it with Judas (a pastor who was a thief), so its nothing new. Jesus was right there and Judas was stealing ... Yet Jesus never exposed him to anyone.... Today Christians feel called to exposed each other to the world. It is sad.
Children in a home are supposed to report each other to parents NOT neighbors. Because the best of us is HUMAN and will make mistakes and lots of errors, if we can not separate the problem from the person then we will damage the person to fix the problem and nothing will get solved.
Your first paragraph is the exact reason why those in the world, the unbelievers thrive better than those of you in your church business houses do.
You see, those in the world have learned to separate reality from their expectations and that is why they know to seek help in all the right places while those who call themselves believers remain blind and deceive themselves running to pastors and prayer meetings when help is only a few doors away from their church houses.

Reminds me of a testimony I listened to some time back. A friend told of how God healed her of fibroids and gave her children after many years. At first I thought it was an interesting testimony until I learned weeks layer, after probing her for details that her doctor, who happened to be one of the pastors at her church, had helped get her a good doctor who surgically removed the fibroids and so healed, she was able to have two kids before they showed up again.

Now she never devulged the part about the surgery while giving her testimony and she never mentioned that she had to go get regular checks in case the fibroids returned.

Now you tell me, how TRUTHful was her testimony? undecided
And what value does the encouragement gained from this lie of a testimony really serve other women experiencing similar difficulties in their world? undecided

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by blackpanthar: 8:09am On Jan 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your first paragraph is the exact reason why those in the world, the unbelievers thrive better than those of you in your church business houses do.
You see, those in the world have learned to separate reality from their expectations and that is why they know to seek help in all the right places while those who call themselves believers remain blind and deceive themselves running to pastors and prayer meetings when help is only a few doors away from their church houses.

Reminds me of a testimony I listened to some time back. A friend told of how God healed her of fibroids and gave her children after many years. At first I thought it was an interesting testimony until I learned weeks layer, after probing her for details that her doctor, who happened to be one of the pastors at her church, had helped get her a good doctor who surgically removed the fibroids and so healed, she was able to have two kids before they showed up again.

Now she never devulged the part about the surgery while giving her testimony and she never mentioned that she had to go get regular checks in case the fibroids returned.

Now you tell me, how TRUTHful was her testimony? undecided
And what value does the encouragement gained from this lie of a testimony really serve other women experiencing similar difficulties in their world? undecided

Oooo Now it's clear where your inferences and conclusions are coming from. YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN MIRACLES. grin

Anyway, you can not use one case that you investigated to confirm and generalize, that would be gross error.

I too have investigated miracles and signs and wonders till it happened to me.

God is real, miracles are veryyyyyyy real and not everything is a sham or scammmm or "arranged" church business wonder.

You came with nothing to this world and will leave with nothing. Be grateful for every little thing you get, I choose gratitude always. But ai would not lie just to make God look good or church look good. grin

I hope one day a miracle happens to you like it happened to me when I was a chronic skeptic.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Kobojunkie: 8:17am On Jan 31, 2021
Are you being serious? How did you come to that conclusion from reading any of my comments so far? undecided
blackpanthar:

Oooo Now it's clear where your inferences and conclusions are coming from. YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN MIRACLES. grin

Anyway, you can not use one case that you investigated to confirm and generalize, that would be gross error.

God is real, miracles are veryyyyyyy real and not everything is a sham or scammmm or "arranged" church business wonder.

You came with nothing to this world and will leave with nothing. Be grateful for every little thing you get, I choose gratitude always. But ai would not lie just to make God look good or church look good. grin

I hope one day a miracle happens to you like it happened to me when I was a chronic skeptic.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by hopefulLandlord: 8:17am On Jan 31, 2021
okay

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by blackpanthar: 8:23am On Jan 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are you being serious? How did you come to that conclusion from reading any of my comments so far? undecided

Bro find balance pls.

You have so far castigated testimonies because of the inconsistencies you discovered.... Now show us true testimonies you have found(if any)

So us where you saw a miracle or investigated a testimony that was truely purely by God.
If you can't find then your post is not balanced. Speaking of the bad without acknowledging the good is just biased hypocrisy

My conclusion is What God can not do does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Kobojunkie: 8:24am On Jan 31, 2021
blackpanthar:

Bro find balance pls.

You have so far castigated testimonies because of the inconsistencies you discovered.... Now show us true testimonies you have found(if any)

So us where you saw a miracle or investigated a testimony that was truely purely by God.
If you can't find then your post is not balanced. Speaking of the bad without acknowledging the good is just biased hypocrisy

My conclusion is What God can not do does not exist.
Again, you still don't make sensee here.

Kobojunkie:
What has my stance on your testimony rituals to do with my belief as far as Miracles are concerned? undecided

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 31, 2021
blackpanthar:

Where did he mention his lack of belief in miracles in that post?

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by blackpanthar: 10:09am On Jan 31, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Where did he mention his lack of belief in miracles in that post?

Where did he mention his belief? Pls if you have NOTHING to add to aid the topic, dont comment

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 31, 2021
blackpanthar:

Where did he mention his belief? Pls if you have NOTHING to add to aid the topic, dont comment

So if I caught a false prophet in his lies and calls him out for it while someone is trying to push him as being true, your conclusion will be that I don't believe in God's prophets? Is it a problem of comprehension or that of ignorance?

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by odun51587: 11:17am On Jan 31, 2021
Politicians giving testimony of how they won an election even though same election was rigged in their favour
Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by BusinessCity: 11:18am On Jan 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Sunday to promote positivity. Any other concerns can be other days please.

And I no longer concern myself with who eats God's money. It's His money, He watches over it.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies That Makes You Uncomfortable. by Jentle244: 11:52am On Jan 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where did God command that you "have testimony in church"? undecided

Luke 9:26-27

Hebrews 10:25

Read it and get back to me

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mark Of The Beast / Other Issues With The Jehovah Witnesses / What A Friend Received From His Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.