Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Mark Of The Beast - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Of The Beast (367 Views)

The Only Animal In The World That Carries Mark Of A Cross On It's Back (Photos) / The ID2020 Alliance And The Mark Of The Beast / Warning: The Mark Of Antichrist '666' Is Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Of The Beast by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2021
The last days has nothing to do with current world events like wars, earthquakes, vaccine, etc.. It has to do with personality traits as listed in (2 Tim 3). This the last church which is the Laodicean church (Rev 3:14 kjv), and it will end in apostasy. Don’t go to (Matt 24) which applies to the tribulation. We are not in the tribulation.

So whether or not you decide to get a vaccine, that is up to you, but if the vaccine will keep you safe from the virus, why not take it. Haven’t you taken a vaccine before? Don’t pay attention to all these people talking about mark of the beast because they simply want to get a YouTube hits and things like that. Back in the day within some religious crowd, you would go into a place and they'd say you are losing blood and we need to give you a blood transfusion, and they thought that you get cooties getting a blood transfusion, and that you'd rather die, and they would sign off for religious reasons and let a kid die; because you wouldn't take a blood transfusion. They thought it's connected with the mark of the Beast. Isn’t that stupid? It's blood. You cut me, I’ll bleed red; I cut you, you'll bleed red. The only difference is that your blood might not match mine because of blood groups. Mark of the beast my foot. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. If you could just read the Bible, you will chill out during all these time people are putting out bunch of foolishness in the name of mark of the beast. End of the world my foot. Christians will not go through the tribulation. Why? Because we will be gone. (1 Thess 5:9 kjv) “For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.”

There is this guy by the name of Hal Lindsey (Planet Earth 1980). All he does is to tell people about all the end of the world stuff, and he even got a show on TBN for all the prophetic events, where he kept telling people how soon the world's coming to an end for years. Now what good did any of that stuff do to improve a Christian’s personal relationship with Jesus Christ? That guy was known worldwide, him and Grant Jeffrey and a whole bunch of those people that wound up hooking up with TBN and going worldwide with all the stuff, just to sell books. All that prophetic stuff didn't help anybody at all. So now nobody listens to them at all. They don't even go to church anymore because they thought all that was in the Bible was somebody trying to tell you that if I read through the Psalms you can take the numbers with the month in the year, and can tell you what's going to happen in the month and in the year. Or the Bible codes, you know, you need the Hebrew and the Greek, with the wind to give me English, things like that. How's that working out for them now? Ladies and Gentlemen, the Bible is for the common man. You don't have to have a phd to be able to understand it. The things of the Spirit of God has nothing to do with one being educated. You know what you have to do? Believe what it says. You may never understand all of it.

Now the major pastors in Nigeria are also doing the same, telling people everything going on and all the end of the world stuff in the name of prophesies (Of course their reputation is on the line). It’s now a competition for them to give prophesies. Now what good has any of these stuff done to improve a Christian’s personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Has it helped a Christian grow an ounce? If they can spend the same amount of time encouraging Christians to have a walk and talk with Jesus Christ, we would have an entirely different Nigeria today. These Nigerian pastors are known worldwide. What if they do spend their time saying the most important thing in a man's life after salvation is his fellowship with Jesus Christ? Do you think churches in Nigeria will not be full of good Christian people today? I believe it would have made a difference. All these prophetic stuff will never help anybody at all. If you want to prophesy, talk about the future events in the Bible, not your own predictions, or telling someone his village people are after him. When you tell a lost man that if he rejects Jesus Christ, he is going to Hell, you are already prophesying because that’s what the Bible says. To prophesy means to teach with the Bible (Rev 19:10 kjv) “And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”
Re: Mark Of The Beast by DappaD: 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2021
Mr iyambz there is enough Biblical and historical evidence that we are actually living in the “last days” according to Matthew 24. I would have loved to expatiate more on that but since you have already concluded that “Jehovah’s Witnesses are a cult”, I’ll keep my mouth shut and not give precious pearls/gems to swine. Matthew 7:6

So be serious, you’re really waiting for somebody to come and imprint a literal mark on your forehead abi? Or as you people have modernized it—implanted chip or whatever.
Did you forget that Revelation was written in signs? Revelation 1:1
Do those who have the name of the Father in their foreheads, literally have it inscribed?
Revelation 7:3?

1 Like

Re: Mark Of The Beast by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2021
DappaD:
Mr iyambz there is enough Biblical and historical evidence that we are actually living in the “last days”. I would have loved to expatiate more on that but since you have already concluded that “Jehovah’s Witnesses are a cult”, I’ll keep my mouth shut and not give precious pearls/gems to swine. Matthew 7:6

So be serious, you’re really waiting for somebody to come an imprint a literal mark on your forehead abi? Or as you people have modernized it—implanted chip or whatever.
Did you forget that Revelation was written in signs? Revelation 1:1
Do those who have the name of the Father in their foreheads, literally have it inscribed?
Revelation 7:3?

We are in the last days, no doubt about that. My point is that it's not known by world events, but by personality traits listed in (2 Tim 3:1-5). Those personality traits are Christians of today. A Christian should not be worried about getting the mark because he won't be here during the tribulation anyways. His focus should be his relationship with Jesus Christ. I'm pre-trib by the way.
Re: Mark Of The Beast by DappaD: 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
iyambz:

We are in the last days, no doubt about that. My point is that it's not known by world events, but by personality traits listed in (2 Tim 3:1-5). Those personality traits are Christians of today. A Christian should not be worried about getting the mark because he won't be here during the tribulation anyways. His focus should be his relationship with Jesus Christ. I'm pre-trib by the way.

“We are in the last days” is supported by world events too. Such that are listed out at Matthew 24:3-14 and Luke 21:9-11
Wars, famines, natural disasters, pestilences[diseases] such as the COVID-19 we are currently facing, even the worldwide preaching of God’s Kingdom by Jehovah’s Witnesses[Matthew 24:14] are acting as a prelude to when the great tribulation comes.

Because notice what Jesus said at Matthew 24:21 concerning this. He said “Then” meaning next or afterwards, that is, after those world events at Matthew 24:3-14 have taken place before a great tribulation/distress will begin.

So if you won’t be here during the great tribulation, how come Revelation 7:14 mentions a great crowd who survive the great tribulation?
Because if those in Revelation 7:14 were never in the tribulation, then they cannot be said to coming out of it now, can they?

You people are too funny. When Jesus said that his disciples must endure through tribulations[Matthew 24:13], you want to run away to where exactly?

It’s just a pity that these things have been hidden from the eyes of many like you.
Matthew 13:13-15, 2Cor 4:4
Re: Mark Of The Beast by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2021
DappaD:

“We are in the last days” is supported by world events too. Such that are listed out at Matthew 24:3-14 and Luke 21:9-11
Wars, famines, natural disasters, pestilences[diseases] such as the COVID-19 we are currently facing, even the worldwide preaching of God’s Kingdom by Jehovah’s Witnesses[Matthew 24:14] are acting as a prelude to when the great tribulation comes.

Because notice what Jesus said at Matthew 24:21 concerning this. He said “Then” meaning next or afterwards, that is, after those world events at Matthew 24:3-14 have taken place before a great tribulation/distress will begin.

So if you won’t be here during the great tribulation, how come Revelation 7:14 mentions a great crowd who survive the great tribulation?
Because if those in Revelation 7:14 were never in the tribulation, then they cannot be said to coming out of it now, can they?

You people are too funny. When Jesus said that his disciples must endure through tribulations[Matthew 24:13], you want to run away to where exactly?

It’s just a pity that these things have been hidden from the eyes of many like you.
Matthew 13:13-15, 2Cor 4:4

The tribulation is because the Jews rejected Christ. It's called the time of Jacob's trouble. Our gospel is not the gospel of the kingdom, but the gospel of the grace of God according to (1 Cor 15:1-4). That gospel of the kingdom will be preached again to the Jews during the tribulation, and everlasting gospel will be preached to the Gentiles. During the tribulation, the law will come back again, no more grace. That's why you have to endure to the end.
Re: Mark Of The Beast by DappaD: 10:53pm On Feb 04, 2021
iyambz:

[s]
The tribulation is because the Jews rejected Christ. It's called the time of Jacob's trouble. Our gospel is not the gospel of the kingdom, but the gospel of the grace of God according to (1 Cor 15:1-4). That gospel of the kingdom will be preached again to the Jews during the tribulation, and everlasting gospel will be preached to the Gentiles. During the tribulation, the law will come back again, no more grace. That's why you have to endure to the end.[/s]

That’s what happens when you mix unscriptural belief with conspiracy theories.
Re: Mark Of The Beast by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 04, 2021
DappaD:

That’s what happens when you mix unscriptural belief with conspiracy theories.

Of course, JWs are earthly people. According to my Bible, the earthly people are the Jews, not JWs. My home is the New Jerusalem.
Re: Mark Of The Beast by DappaD: 11:08pm On Feb 04, 2021
iyambz:

Of course, JWs are earthly people. According to my Bible, the earthly people are the Jews, not JWs. My home is the New Jerusalem.

Sorry what do you even know you typed up there? Do you need a lecture this night, iyambz?
Re: Mark Of The Beast by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 05, 2021
DappaD:

Sorry what do you even know you typed up there? Do you need a lecture this night, iyambz?

1. A JW is a lost mam because he doesn't believe that Jesus is God, and he doesn't believe in the blood atonement.

2. A lost man does not know true doctrine. Why? (1 Cor 2:14 kjv) "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

3. The Bible is not in the heart of a JW, but the watch tower society. So quoting a Bible verse to JW is a waste of time. Pay attention to my previous response, I didn1t use Bible verses, except (1 Cor 15).

4. The religious groups which i mentioned on this thread was a reference about the JWs and SDA.

5. You should know by now that I know JWs inside and outside. Why? Because the Bible says it all.

1 Like

Re: Mark Of The Beast by DappaD: 7:53am On Feb 05, 2021
iyambz:

1. A JW is a lost mam because he doesn't believe that Jesus is God, and he doesn't believe in the blood atonement.
2. A lost man does not know true doctrine. Why? (1 Cor 2:14 kjv) "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."
3. The Bible is not in the heart of a JW, but the watch tower society. So quoting a Bible verse to JW is a waste of time. Pay attention to my previous response, I didn1t use Bible verses, except (1 Cor 15).
4. The religious groups which i mentioned on this thread was a reference about the JWs and SDA.
5. You should know by now that I know JWs inside and outside. Why? Because the Bible says it all.

Mr iyambz, you called the Catholic Church a cult yet it was them who handed down the false doctrines of Trinity and Hellfire to your various churches which you blindly swallowed. It means you’re also a debased cultist.

As for the Bible, you should know by now that only JW’s are especially qualified to handle to the Bible[2Timothy 3:16-17] that’s why you couldn’t debunk any of the earlier points I stated and you kept on making blunders which has no basis in the Scriptures.
Re: Mark Of The Beast by peggywebbs(f): 8:30am On Feb 05, 2021
Op rest your case... you'll hardly find any ignorant person here. Most of us are open to science and innovation but you see common sense is very important here. First what is the origin of this stupid COVID 19. We all know how ebola, SAAS, Lassa fever, maleria, HIV came about. Even diseases like cancer, fibroids causes can still be traced even if we can't pinpoint the exact cause.. there is a pattern. Why has China refused to tell us the origin of this disease. Why are they locking up journalists talking about the disease, why are people disappearing from questioning the government about COVID. Why did they lie initially that hydroxychloroquine was not an approved treatment?

There have been a lot of lies surrounding this same COVID. Now on the issue of vaccines..how long does it take to create a working vaccine? Why was there no vaccine for SAAS, Ebola and etc. Scientists have been giving contradictory information about this stupid vaccine...none of them have expressedly admitted that the vaccine prevents COVID. The RNA vaccine was said to be 55% effective. Why do they have to take two doses of the vaccine? Why should people take more than one vaccine. Why do people who take the vaccine still have to wear masks and observe social distancing.

There are a lot of questions and trust me, the mark of the beast is not everyone's primary fear. Man is more deadly than disease. We all know that people bear the mind of getting rid of people. Its been said in movies countless times, wiping out humanity so resources can be enough. Do you think people can't go ahead with the plan. What if COVID was a lab produced disease, why does it bear resemblance to SAAS, why all the secrecy and lies. Until then you are free to take their vaccine. We will only keep staying safe and watch the truth unfold. Nothing stays hidden forever.

By the way have you heard of the COVID passport? Well do your research. This is all more than just a vaccine but believe what you want..its all good.

1 Like

Re: Mark Of The Beast by BassReeves: 8:59am On Feb 05, 2021
peggywebbs:
Op rest your case... you'll hardly find any ignorant person here. Most of us are open to science and innovation but you see common sense is very important here. First what is the origin of this stupid COVID 19. We all know how ebola, SAAS, Lassa fever, maleria, HIV came about. Even diseases like cancer, fibroids causes can still be traced even if we can't pinpoint the exact cause.. there is a pattern. Why has China refused to tell us the origin of this disease. Why are they locking up journalists talking about the disease, why are people disappearing from questioning the government about COVID. Why did they lie initially that hydroxychloroquine was not an approved treatment?

There have been a lot of lies surrounding this same COVID. Now on the issue of vaccines..how long does it take to create a working vaccine? Why was there no vaccine for SAAS, Ebola and etc. Scientists have been giving contradictory information about this stupid vaccine...none of them have expressedly admitted that the vaccine prevents COVID. The RNA vaccine was said to be 55% effective. Why do they have to take two doses of the vaccine? Why should people take more than one vaccine. Why do people who take the vaccine still have to wear masks and observe social distancing.

There are a lot of questions and trust me, the mark of the beast is not everyone's primary fear. Man is more deadly than disease. We all know that people bear the mind of getting rid of people. Its been said in movies countless times, wiping out humanity so resources can be enough. Do you think people can't go ahead with the plan. What if COVID was a lab produced disease, why does it bear resemblance to SAAS, why all the secrecy and lies. Until then you are free to take their vaccine. We will only keep staying safe and watch the truth unfold. Nothing stays hidden forever.

By the way have you heard of the COVID passport? Well do your research. This is all more than just a vaccine but believe what you want..its all good.
Dope
Re: Mark Of The Beast by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 05, 2021
peggywebbs:

I normally don't respond to foolish comments like this. Now what good will all these foolishness you listed above to do improve a Christian’s personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Will it help a Christian grow an ounce? Because you think you are the apple of God's eyes? That you are too important? If the apostle Paul was living in this day and age, you know what his response to all these foolishness going on in the world today would have been? Well it will simply be (Phil 1:21,23 kjv) "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better." The problem with Christians today is that we only care about the here and now (earthly things), and not the here and after (Heavenly things). And of course, (Matt 6:21 kjv) "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me / Whag Does It Mean?, Does It Have A Meaning In Life? / What Prayer Did For Me(Crazy Experience )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.