Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix (50261 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by smogup: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Trueigbo:

If the early Christians recognized the importance of Mary in the salvation story, who are you to say we should leave mary out of it.

Me I no go remove am biko

Don't mind all those pastors that started studying the Bible yesterday. They think they know more than the early Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Estellar: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
aryzgreat:

E no complete

I believe in holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins and life everlasting. Amen.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church. The communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
Tell me thank you

1 Like

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by simplesearch: 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
raymondFirstborn:

It's actually "Yeshua" in (Hebrew) not Jesus which is the British translation.

What's the difference between Yeshua and Jesus or Jesu or Yesu or any other translation, or you think there is a language God doesn't understand? Do we all have to learn Hebrew language before gaining access to heaven? When God is looking for you to take his word to the end of the world, don't see there arguing over irrelevances.
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Eriokanmi: 10:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
IMAliyu:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?

But yes all modern knowledge and technology are a product of the convergence of knowledge from all over the world.
From the indo-arabic numbers, Greek and Latin letters, Chinese paper, Persian math etc..

The west were just the ones to successfully compile and connect all this knowledge.

The extremists reject it because they have a hard time coming to terms with information that contradicts their belief, or the knowledge not originating from their holy book. And choose to see it as a conspiracy and deception against them because only they can have the truth.

It's similar to some of the Christians I see here on NL that reject information that shows the world is older than 6000 years (and the flat earthers) because it's not in the bible or they see it as a threat to their belief for some reason.
I see. But in the case of Christians mentioned by you, I've not seen or heard them take to killings of those who don't share same believes or ideas with them or with the bible, such as the scientists. I stand to be corrected. Religion and beliefs are a choice. Religious Extremism should be termed a crime.
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by obonujoker(m): 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
puremaker7:
Mr Rapture, where is the Rapture you promised us before US election?

Lol... You are making a mistake bro... The real righteousness89 has already raptured since Trump was reinstated... This one is a wannabe righteousness cheesy
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Righteousness2(m): 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
ebukason3:

Pastor Righteous Mary cannot be anyone , She is the ark of the new covenant that was for shadowed in the old testament. Time to read your Bible pastor.
No be only ark Na Boat!
Even Mary will deny and slap you for blasphemy!
May God Deliver you from ignorance
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by IMAliyu(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I see. But in the case of Christians mentioned by you, I've not seen or heard them take to killings of those who don't share same believes or ideas with them or with the bible, such as the scientists. I stand to be corrected. Religion and beliefs are a choice. Religious Extremism should be termed a crime.
I think it's more that majority of Christian world has moved on over the centuries, compared to the Muslim one.

In the past there was the prosecution of people like Galileo for his ideas, and in more recent history Alan Turing for his sexuality, but at least the lesson has been learned.

However Fair enough. Religious extremism is a cancer.
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by femi4: 11:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
glosplendid:
She remained a Virgin... She never conceived after Jesus Christ
And she never had sex with Joseph throughout even after Jesus was born?

What a gullible reasoning....
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Shaev7(m): 11:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
EzzyCarter:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead... AMEN smiley
Simple. Creed. God bless

1 Like

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Shaev7(m): 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
Like the Legion handbook will say, "If Mary were but known."
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by certifiedvik(m): 12:31am On Feb 01, 2021
Those days when Christians were the real deal,, compared to wetin we dey see nowadays
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Chizzychinny: 12:59am On Feb 01, 2021
EzzyCarter:
I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead... AMEN smiley
why didn't you complete it, hmm

1 Like

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Fr33born(m): 1:02am On Feb 01, 2021
Righteousness2:

No be only Na Boat!
May God Deliver you from ignorance

You are the one that needs deliverance from ignorance.
And I was thinking you know what you are doing.

Guy if you find it difficult understanding the scriptures, seek for help and stop embarrassing yourself.
Well, I don't blame you because that was What your ignorance pastor told you people.
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by sirgusto: 1:02am On Feb 01, 2021
NaijaMutant:
Mohammed was not even conceived then undecided

But he thinks he knows more about Jesus grin
WTF bro?
I'm a Christian too, and you shall not despise Prophet Mohammed [PBUH] before me.
Let's not be too naive in religious issues.
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Amumaigwe: 1:23am On Feb 01, 2021
Righteousness2:
At the Mention of the Name of JESUS, every knee bows.
There is no other name by which Humanity can be Saved.

Having Said that, lets leave Mary alone.
Mary, Martha, John, Peter, Paul, Elijah or James have nothing to do with the Salvation of anybody.

Mary was Privileged to be the instrument through which JESUS was brought on Earth. It could have been anyone.it could have been any other woman. It was a Privilege and that's where it ends.

Mary, Paul,peter, James, Moses or whoever cannot Save you or Help or assist you to be Saved.

Salvation is ALL about JESUS and JESUS ALONE

But "All generations shall call her blessed". Do you? Lk 1:48

1 Like

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by raymondFirstborn(m): 3:18am On Feb 01, 2021
simplesearch:

What's the difference between Yeshua and Jesus or Jesu or Yesu or any other translation, or you think there is a language God doesn't understand? Do we all have to learn Hebrew language before gaining access to heaven? When God is looking for you to take his word to the end of the world, don't see there arguing over irrelevances.

In as much, God understand all Languages are there are words in the Bible that are only powerful when spoken in the exact tongue of the Israelites ( Hebrew).

Lol there's a big difference between Yeshua and Jesus .

His name in Hebrew is Yeshua which translates to Joshua in English.

The Greeks translated Yeshua as Jesus.

We all wonder why modern day Christians can't perform miracles. We hear gunshots and we scamper for safety first.Its because we have lost touch with Ancient Christianity.

When Catholics Carry out Exorcism they make use of Hebrew to cast out demons and unclean spirits not English.
I am not like the average Christian who is only concerned about just going to Heaven.
I want to Know "How", "why" and "when" . There are secrets of the kingdom of God that only a select few know.
There are realms & celestial planes to be explored.
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 01, 2021
chatinent:

Mary didn't remain a virgin.

proof please
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Damseldammie(f): 7:12am On Feb 01, 2021
The Creed

EzzyCarter:
I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead... AMEN smiley

1 Like

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by chatinent: 8:33am On Feb 01, 2021
Warrgidanairala:
proof please

Please read the Gospel of Mark (6:3) and the Gospel of Matthew (13:55–56).
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by OyinO: 8:42am On Feb 01, 2021
Rubbish!
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 01, 2021
Righteousness2:
At the Mention of the Name of JESUS, every knee bows.
There is no other name by which Humanity can be Saved.

Having Said that, lets leave Mary alone.
Mary, Martha, John, Peter, Paul, Elijah or James have nothing to do with the Salvation of anybody.

Mary was Privileged to be the instrument through which JESUS was brought on Earth. It could have been anyone.it could have been any other woman. It was a Privilege and that's where it ends.

Mary, Paul,peter, James, Moses or whoever cannot Save you or Help or assist you to be Saved.

Salvation is ALL about JESUS and JESUS ALONE
Sometimes I wonder, kai.
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 01, 2021
certifiedvik:
Those days when Christians were the real deal,, compared to wetin we dey see nowadays
I prefer today's own oh, do you mean the ones that led the Spanish inquisition, the Crusades, hunting of heretics, and all, Biko.
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Bluebolt: 8:58am On Feb 01, 2021
raymondFirstborn:

It's actually "Yeshua" in (Hebrew) not Jesus which is the British translation.
Isu, Doya, Ji....... Yam na yam oooooo
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by HolySpiritFire(f): 9:00am On Feb 01, 2021
aryzgreat:

E no complete

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins and life everlasting. Amen.
Now it's complete, with the bolded!
You omitted it!

1 Like

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by glosplendid(f): 9:02am On Feb 01, 2021
obonujoker:

Lol... She did... Jesus had 2 brothers the Bible mentioned their names...
... Hope you know that we have other Marys in the bible... Read the scripture well... Mary remained a Virgin...
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by glosplendid(f): 9:03am On Feb 01, 2021
femi4:

yes she never... Read the scripture to understand and not for reading sake...
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by glosplendid(f): 9:05am On Feb 01, 2021
obonujoker:

Jesus referred to his disciples and those that believed in Him as Brothers /Brethren... Hence the misconceptions... Study the bible to understand this... I didn't say Read the bible....
Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by glosplendid(f): 9:14am On Feb 01, 2021
femi4:

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by glosplendid(f): 9:14am On Feb 01, 2021
obonujoker:

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by glosplendid(f): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2021
chatinent:

If I showed you a scripture would you believe she did?

Re: Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix by Bluebolt: 9:22am On Feb 01, 2021
Salesbay:

Get what he is trying to say, It's a privilege to be used by God. Mary, Mark, Peter, Paul Everybody God uses is privileged to be Called.
God will always use people, he is the master planner. That we have salvation is because of God's Grace and Mercy, not because of the vessels he used, God will Always use a Vessel. Why we can honor the vessels and remember their works we should always give Glory to God the Source.
....... henceforth every nation shall call you blessed
....... blessed are you among women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

17-year-old Pakistani Boy Leads His Entire Tribe To Jesus / RCCG Establishes One Hallelujah Records Label, Headed By Leke Adeboye / The Seven Atrocities Of Pastor E.A .Adeboye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.