Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,791 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? (582 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Are We Truly Safe, When We Commit Sin With Condoms? / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by Image123(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
chatinent:

Bro, don't be misled.

Yes, there are those who will go to heaven.

But the majority will inhabit the earth...not this kind of suffer earth, a suffer-free earth without death. That's what Rev 21:1-4 is promising us.

Earth will become a paradise again. The same paradise God originally proposed.

God bless you.

Misled by the Bible? Nahhhh, not going to happen to me. God bless you too in Jesus name. Now it's probably time for me to be nice to your friend.
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by Image123(m): 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
DappaD:

It’s the same way this present “world” of humans will pass away. 1John 2:17
This earth isn’t going anywhere. Psalm 104:5, Ecclesiastes 1:4

i promised to be nice. Show me where 144,000 people are in Heaven?
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by obonujoker(m): 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
chatinent:

Psalms 37: 29 says otherwise.

What do you have to say about it?

The Earth will be destroyed by fire..... There will be a new Earth... Even Revelation stated this
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by DappaD: 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
Image123:

i promised to be nice. Show me where 144,000 people are in Heaven?

Revelation 14:1-5 shows a fixed number of anointed and sealed Christians standing on a heavenly Mount Zion. Compare Hebrews 12:22
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by Image123(m): 8:48am On Feb 01, 2021
DappaD:

Revelation 14:1-5 shows a fixed number of anointed and sealed Christians standing on a heavenly Mount Zion. Compare Hebrews 12:22

Revelation 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Can you explain where in this passage said they are/were in Heaven? On the contrary, verse 2 mentioned a voice from Heaven. Why and how did you connect it with Hebrews to suit your denomination teaching. i can very well link it to other scriptures too for my convenience(compare 2Samuel 5:7 you know?), knowing tens of other earth Zion verses. Why did you leave the context?
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by Kobojunkie: 9:19am On Feb 01, 2021
cheango:
As a Christian, living in Nigeria. Have found it so difficult to practice what the Bible wants. We are born to an inherited corruption.
From school to our working place and businesses, I have seen its difficult not to cut corners.
Our culture is just corruption, and its hard not to conform.

Now, I understand that all of us going to church are not going to church to worship God, but for what we want Him to do for us, we don't love God

So am asking, will it be difficult to enter heaven as a Nigerian
A Nigerian can indeed enter into Heaven, the difficulty however comes abandoning the ideas/doctrines and traditions/rules of men, lies, in order to fully submit after God.
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by dumahi(m): 10:05am On Feb 01, 2021
chatinent:

Psalms 37: 29 says otherwise.

What do you have to say about it?
The righteous shall inherit the land and dwell there forever. And you seem to be assuming that there is no land in the after-life realms. Why? Can't the same God who made this land you walk and work on make a land space for another world? Why are you supposing that there is no land in Heaven? Indeed, we have land on earth, but what we have in Paradise is THE LAND, paved with gold and all kinds of precious stones. The most beautiful cities on Earth are only a reflection of THE LAND that the saints are inheriting. THE LAND flowing with milk and honey was a prefigure of it. There is THE LAND. I hope you don't miss it.
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by DappaD: 10:59am On Feb 01, 2021
Image123:

Can you explain where in this passage said they are/were in Heaven? On the contrary, verse 2 mentioned a voice from Heaven. Why and how did you connect it with Hebrews to suit your denomination teaching. i can very well link it to other scriptures too for my convenience(compare 2Samuel 5:7 you know?), knowing tens of other earth Zion verses. Why did you leave the context?

C’mon don’t tell me you didn’t see in the verse 3 and 4 that these set of people were bought/redeemed from the earth/out of mankind? There is a liaison between Revelation 14:1-5 and Hebrews 12:22 because the latter mentions a Mount Zion[heavenly Jerusalem].
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by Kobojunkie: 11:03am On Feb 01, 2021
dumahi:

The righteous shall inherit the land and dwell there forever. And you seem to be assuming that there is no land in the after-life realms. Why? Can't the same God who made this land you walk and work on make a land space for another world? Why are you supposing that there is no land in Heaven? Indeed, we have land on earth, but what we have in Paradise is THE LAND, paved with gold and all kinds of precious stones. The most beautiful cities on Earth are only a reflection of THE LAND that the saints are inheriting. THE LAND flowing with milk and honey was a prefigure of it. There is THE LAND. I hope you don't miss it.
The Land to be inherited refers to the land of Canaan and the righteous spoken of in that case are the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, for whom the Lord made His Old Covensnt with and for. undecided

The land flowing with milk and honey was the land of Canaan at the time the Israelites were slated to first occupy it. There is no evidence that Canaan was still the same land flowing with milk and honey when Jesus Christ walked its streets. undecided

Those of you who are come to God through Jesus Christ have only one inheritance and that is called Heaven.. Not land of the kind we understand, and this is following Jesus Christ's own description of Heaven undecided

Paradise is not Heaven and Heaven is not paradise.. The people of Old Covenant believed in a paradise but Jesus Christ never promised a paradise but instead Heaven and Hell as destinations in theafterlife .
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by Image123(m): 11:30am On Feb 01, 2021
DappaD:

C’mon don’t tell me you didn’t see in the verse 3 and 4 that these set of people were bought/redeemed from the earth/out of mankind? There is a liaison between Revelation 14:1-5 and Hebrews 12:22 because the latter mentions a Mount Zion[heavenly Jerusalem].

Ohh, for Christ's sake. Where else would they be redeemed from, from Saturn or from Heaven? It doesn't say that they are in Heaven or went to Heaven. In that case all believers are delivered from the world or mankind or earth. It doesn't say ONLY, does it?

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Re: As A Nigerian, Can We Truly Follow The Bible & Can It Be Easy To Get To Heaven ? by Ihedinobi3: 12:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
cheango:
As a Christian, living in Nigeria. Have found it so difficult to practice what the Bible wants. We are born to an inherited corruption.
From school to our working place and businesses, I have seen its difficult not to cut corners.
Our culture is just corruption, and its hard not to conform.

Now, I understand that all of us going to church are not going to church to worship God, but for what we want Him to do for us, we don't love God

So am asking, will it be difficult to enter heaven as a Nigerian

Hi there.

The Lord Jesus Himself said that it is difficult for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God. If we work with that (and a great deal of similar statements throughout the Bible), it would seem that it should be wealthy countries that should be worried. Nigeria certainly isn't rich, so maybe no?

Seriously though, one problem that this kind of reasoning has is a failure to believe that salvation is purely by grace through faith. That is, works or behavior has nothing to do with becoming a citizen of Heaven.

Of course, this does not mean that it doesn't matter how we behave. The Bible is clear that if we are children of God, we should act like it. If then we recast your question to be how easy it is to live like a child of God in a corrupt country like Nigeria, the answer would be "not easy at all." But then, this is true everywhere else in the world.

We live in a fallen world. It is full of hatred for God and His truth. We who have chosen to believe will always have to deal with the world's opposition to God's Ways. Sometimes, that will mean acting in unpopular ways. Sometimes, that will mean enduring unpleasant choices.

How do we manage? How do we live for God in the midst of growing wickedness? Romans 12:2 tells us that it is by having our minds renewed so that we are transformed into the kind of people who know and live according to God's Will. That is, we can live the way that God wants us to live, no matter where we are, by growing spiritually (see the link).

When we come to learn, believe, and understand God's way of thinking and doing things, which is what spiritual growth is really about, we can make difficult choices more easily and shine like stars in a dark world.

On the other hand, when we set up our own standards of righteousness, then we must beware the Bible's own warning:

16 Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise— why destroy yourself? 17 Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool— why die before your time? 18 It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes.
Ecclesiastes 7:16-18 (NIV)

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHOCKING! Wiseman Daniel Prophecy Foretells Mysterious Demise Of Youths / Believers Are Allowed To Judge. / Who Do You Think You Need A Mediator ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.