Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Believers Are Allowed To Judge. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers Are Allowed To Judge. (585 Views)

'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK / Video: Bishop Oyedepo - Many Believers Are Dead Because They Don't Give To God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
Are Believers allowed to judge?
Yes!

Very common accusations you hear when believers led by the Holy Spirit try to point out errors in the church are

1. Touch not my anointed
2. You are dividing the Body
3. The Bible says do not judge

Some even go as far as threatening others with the leprosy of Miriam and calamity to their generations.

If you say don’t judge means allow anything to go on, why then do we throw criminals in jail after judging them?
Why do you criticize your presidents and government officials after all the bible says they are ordained by God.
We must allow scripture interpret scripture rather than pick verses to suit our disposition and protect our favorite people in error.

So should believers judge?

The verse often quoted on not judging is Luke 6: 37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.

Does it mean that you should not condemn falsehood?

Jesus was speaking to religious rulers who hated him for healing on a Sabbath : He was speaking to hypocrites who insist the Sabbath must be obeyed but go ahead to circumcise on a Sabbath day and Jesus said in JN 7 :24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.” That means there is a right judgement and a wrong judgement.So the verse saying do not judge is actually saying do not judge wrongly. Scripture interprets scripture.

Paul speaking in 1 Cor 5 warned believers to keep away from believers consumed with certain lifestyle that does not give God glory. He could not come to that conclusion that the people were wrong without judging them (by the word) .
He then said in 1 Cor 5:12, 13 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside".
So we judge ourselves
Yet in another Scripture, we are told not to go to the world to judge cases between believers but to judge it within.That is judging rightly. The Bible then continues in the same passage to tell us that the Lord’s people will judge the world and angels (at the end of age I believe)

In a letter to the Ephesians in chapter 5 we are admonished to keep away from sinful living and walk as children of light and in verse 11 you read “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them”.

The Bible enjoins us not to hide evil under the cover of touch not (which is another verse often quoted out of context but a post for another day): rather expose these evil machinations judging them by scripture to expose them.
To expose is to call them out openly and rebuke them.

Paul says in Galatians 1 v 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!
The bible also says test every spirit to know if it be of God.How?By judging it by the word.

Other scripture to consider

1 Cor 6: 2 & 3
Do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels?

1 Corinthians 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Proverbs 31:9
Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy

How does one know another gospel? By judging it using the standard of the Word of God.
So yes we can judge ,we are encouraged to judge but we must judge righteous judgement.

So all those that keep harping on the judge not mantra to hide the wickedness in the body are ignorant or deceptive.
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Jokerman(m): 7:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
How can a sinner know his/her judgment is righteous??

Moreover before you judge/condemn others, look at this advice by the Lord...

"Before you remove the spec of dust from the eye of your neighbors, ensure you remove the log of wood from your eyes, so that you can see clearly..."

You'd only judge when you amongst those who overcome and make the millennial reign of Christ.... That's when you'd judge the angels.

Right now we Christians, we are admonished to preach and save souls, condemn evil deeds (not people), pray and deliver sinners from the power of sin into the power of the living God.

Why do you want to judge the dead?
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Are you a christian at all? I cannot see the evidence of the Holy Spirit here. Eh! See Bible quotation on top judging others. grin When it is clear Bible says judge not.

Many need help. Waooo! On top judging TB Joshua? You are sick. Many dont agree with him, and I dont agree with some of his ways, but opening threads up and down cos of TB Joshua? Are you Ok?

A man you cannot judge when he was alive, but you are running g your mouth like a parrot after his death? On top what? Sis Joshua hurt you also? Why didnt you come out when he was alive? Abeg shift aside. Rubbish.

Goodluck!

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Matthew 7:1‭-‬5 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/mat.7.1-5.NIV
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jokerman:

"Before you remove the spec of dust from the eye of your neighbors, ensure you remove the log of wood from your eyes, so that you can see clearly..."

You'd only judge when you amongst those who overcome and make the millennial reign of Christ.... That's when you'd judge the angels.

Right now we Christians, we are admonished to preach and save souls, condemn evil deeds (not people), pray and deliver sinners from the power of sin into the power of the living God.

I think she has a personal thing with Joshua. What she needs is help - psychological help. Her case is medical and she is a doctor. I hope she checks into Yaba fast before it hits her deep.

I dont agree with Joshua in all his ways, but judging a dead man? grin and Opening several threads on Joshua? She needs help fast.
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Jokerman(m): 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I think she has a personal thing with Joshua. What she needs is help - psychological help. Her case is medical and she is a doctor. I hope she checks into Yaba fast before it hits her deep.

I dont agree with Joshua in all his ways, but judging a dead man? grin and Opening several threads on Joshua? She needs help fast.

I tire o... The man is dead. Let God judge, they say no.. Lol... As if Joshua will stand for her on the judgment day
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
1 Cor 14:29

Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge

From the above even the words of the prophet must come under scrutiny by judging it using the word of God.
Nobody should come up and say God says and get away with it.
If it is jot in line with the word judge him and discard his lies

1 Like

Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jokerman:

Is there something wrong with you?
Seriously
Are you naturally daft
Did you see TB Joshua anywhere on this post or are you that possessed by his foul spirit and see him in every post.
You can't help it can you?
Be free in Jesus name!!
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I thought you made a last post to me somewhere but the spirit of tuberculosis Josh no gree you quit sotay anywhere you turn you see him
Sorry o
There is no TB on this lead post.
GO AND CRY AT THE SYNAGOGUE NOT HERE
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jokerman:

I tire o... The man is dead. Let God judge, they say no.. Lol... As if Joshua will stand for her on the judgment day
She is free to judge. But she should know that the exact measure of how she is judging Joshua now is what she will be judged with. She gives Johua no mercy, and she will not receive it too if she is not careful.

What does this mean? She is removing the mercy of God away from herself by judging the man even after his death. She felt it is for the sake of Joshua we advised her not to judge. It is for her own good. Joshua has finished his race, and the rest is between him and his creator. But she is still judging the man and quoting bible references, twisting everything.

I am sorry for her because she doesnt understand the mercy of God yet. She will be shocked at the end of the day where Joshua will be for eternity. She is not God, yet running her mouth up and down.

I am sorry for her.

1 Like

Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Jokerman(m): 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:

Seriously
Are you naturally daft
Did you see TB Joshua anywhere on this post or are you that possessed by his foul spirit and see him in every post.
Be free in Jesus name!!

Lol... This one is an attention seeker self... grin...

Judge, Jury and Executioner....
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Jokerman(m): 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

She is free to judge. But she should know that the exact measure of how she is judging Joshua now is what she will be judged with. She gives Johua no mercy, and she will not receive it too if she is not careful.

What does this mean? She is removing the mercy of God away from herself by judging the man even after his death. She felt it is for the sake of Joshua we advised her not to judge. It is for her own good. Joshua has finished his race, and the rest is between him and his creator. But she is still judging the man and quoting bible references, twisting everything.

I am sorry for her because she doesnt understand the mercy of God yet. She will be shocked at the end of the day where Joshua will be for eternity. She is not God, yet running her mouth up and down.

I am sorry for her.

People like her forget God is not man
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:

I thought you made a last post to me somewhere but the spirit of tuberculosis Josh no gree you quit
Sorry o
If Joshua had offended you personally, go and seek help. The crap you are doing here will not help you. I am stopping you cos I dont want you pollute many and remove the mercy of God from them. Your "over do do do" is too much. Na waoooo! Your husband is in real trouble. Chai!
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
The lead post is written in very simple English and the verses are not in vernacular.
Anyone with a proper elementary education can understand it.
Stick to the topic
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:

Seriously
Are you naturally daft
Be free in Jesus name!!
It is you with foul spirit who needs help. Madam, stop this nonsense. If Joshua did something terrible to you go and seek help. Get off your keyboard now. Stop this rubbish.

Go and sleep!
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

If Joshua had offended you personally, go and seek help. The crap you are doing here will not help you. I am stopping you cos I dont want you pollute many and remove the mercy of God from them. Your "over do do do" is too much. Na waoooo! Your husband is in real trouble. Chai!

And your name is peacelovejoy
Hahahahahaha
OMG
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Jokerman(m): 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
We love you, that's why we are helping you out before you deepen yourself into insignificant stuffs..

Don't judge anyone. Pray, preach and advise them in the Lord ..
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
Africans and emotionalism.
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:
The lead post is written in very simple English and the verses are not in vernacular.
Anyone with a proper elementary education can understand it.
Stick to the topic
Judge so you are not judged. Anyone with elementary education can relate to it. You are the one who wanted to twist it with all the rubbish you wrote.

Self guilt is the reason you opened this one. Everyone following NL religious thread knows how you have been vocal since yesterday. And you keep going on.

The caution you are giving here is not for Joshua because he is gone. It is for you. You need help. You are a doctor and you know you need it. Go get help fast. If Joshua had done bad to you personally, go get help. It's not on NL you will get it. Stop this nonsense.
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jokerman:
We love you, that's why we are helping you out before you deepen yourself into insignificant stuffs..

Don't judge anyone. Pray, preach and advise them in the Lord ..

1 Cor 5:12

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

Incase the long post scared you or you didn't understand anything in it.
Let me break it down one scripture at a time.
Read it 3 times them explain it to the other TB friend of yours
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:
Africans and emotionalism.
Go read your post. You are the one who put emotion there. You are a typical Nigerian woman who is aggressive and always continue telling people are after her. Go get help. If you dont leave, I will keep blasting you. I assure you. You need help. Leave your phone now. Go and rest. You will be fine after. Call your pastor if tou need spiritual help. And if it's your fellow doctors do it fast. You need help. But leave your phone.
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
As long as you claim to be a Christian your actions are subject to judgement by other believers using the word of God as standard.
Nobody can hide under judge not to perpetrate evil any longer.

We shall continue to judge you .
We are enjoined to judge one another
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:

1 Cor 5:12

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

Incase the long post scared you or you didn't understand anything in it.
Let me break it down one scripture at a time.
Read it 3 times them explain it to the other TB friend of yours
If you are to Judge inside the church, it is internal, not on Nairaland. Here is public. And if you are to do it, the way is to call Elders and they summon the person. They listen to the story of the person also.

You are judging him publicly after his dead. It is wrong.
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Go read your post. You are the one who put emotion there. You are a typical Nigerian woman who is aggressive and always continue telling people are after her. Go get help. If you dont leave, I will keep blasting you. I assure you. You need help. Leave your phone now. Go and rest. You will be fine after. Call your pastor if tou need spiritual help. And if it's your fellow doctors do it fast. You need help. But leave your phone.

How old is this character?
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 8:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

If you are to Judge inside the church, it is internal, not on Nairaland. Here is public. And if you are to do it, the way is to call Elders and they summon the person. They listen to the story of the person also.

You are judging him publicly after his dead. It is wrong.

Again
This post here has nothing to do with tuberculosis Josh
Are you that thick
How old are you?
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:
As long as you claim to be a Christian your actions are subject to judgement by other believers using the word of God as standard.
Nobody can hide under judge not to perpetrate evil any longer.

We shall continue to judge you .
We are enjoined to judge one another
Let it be internal in the house of God.

An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
Titus 1:6‭-9 NIV.

Read the bolded part. Elders refute them. It's not your job. Yours is to report them.
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:

Again
This post here has nothing to do with tuberculosis Josh
Are you that thick
How old are you?
Stop embarrassing yourself.. it is about Joshua. You made a thread about him yesterday. By the way, I am sure if I meet you, i will knock that your head. You this disrespectful person. Go and sleep Joor!
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Let it be internal in the house of God.

An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
Titus 1:6‭-9 NIV.

Read the bolded part. Elders refute them. It's not your job. Yours is to report them.

You have a lot to learn but pigheadedness will not let you.
Someone writes a post on a public forum and you decide where it should be written or applied
Are you out of your mind?
If this post is that upsetting to you why don't you move on by?
You claim one must never judge but now you agree we can judge but only in certain places.
What are u smoking?
Do I write for your viewing pleasure.
No get lost if u have nothing intelligent to contribute
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:

You have a lot to learn but pig headdress will.not let you.
Someone writes a post on a public forum and you decide where it should be written or applied
Volatile woman. See person who wants to judge. No go hospital till you are calm oooo. So you dont go use vex shook an innocent patient where you go Paralyse am. Biko! grin

1 Like

Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
igbowoman:

You have a lot to learn but pigheadedness will not let you.
If this post is that upsetting to you why don't you move on by?
You claim one must never judge but now you agree we can judge but only in certain places.
What are u smoking?
Do I write for your viewing pleasure.
No get lost if u have nothing intelligent to contribute
I see you have modified it. Hahaha. I am sure you know the rate of what you have taking so you dont believe one can take you. Mehn! You are on your own oooo. I cannot diagnose you cos I know you know how to get whatever you rely on legally. But what I will tell you is "small small" ......gently. My own is: dont just go attend to patients until your system is clear. Biko. Na plead a dey plead oooo. No be fight.
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by Jokerman(m): 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Volatile woman. See person who wants to judge. No go hospital till you are calm oooo. So you dont go use vex shook an innocent patient where you go Paralyse am. Biko! grin

Lol grin.....
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
We can judge our leaders and call them out when they are in error.
In sane climates they are judged and jailed too
In the same manner the Lord has given us the authority to judge ourselves within the body and bring correction where there is error.
Don't let anyone intimidate you with a judge not mantra.
The bible gives u the authority to do so
Re: Believers Are Allowed To Judge. by igbowoman: 11:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
2 Tim 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

How do you rebuke and correct without judging?
You judge all things

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Burial - July 6th 2021 - Live Updates / LET’S TALK!! When Jesus Comes Back, What Language Is He Going To Speak? (see Thi / Another New Moniker (18-10-2021) Leaving Christianity In Nairaland? What A Joke!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.