Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi (26164 Views)

Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Nnamdi Okafor: I Will Rather Be A Refugee Or Die In Ukraine Than Return / Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Fatolaezekiel: 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
In nigeria, the mayor will chop all the money, clean mouth

4 Likes

Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by pickatyouu: 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nice gesture from them.
Here in Nigeria , fulani's are killing those who accommodated them

4 Likes

Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
Awesome
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oyinbo will live inside bush it will still look posche . Na who do Blackman.
Look at the environment despite it's a village.

7 Likes

Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by ThatEnuguboi: 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:
Oyinbo will live inside bush it will still look posche . Na who do Blackman.
Look at the environment despite it's a village.
I'm telling u.. Very green. I just love there already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
Explorers:
Schwam and his family arrived in 1943 and were hidden in a school for the duration of the war.

He later studied pharmacy and married a Catholic woman from the region near Lyon, where they lived.

'In his will, Schwam indicates that he made this choice in gratitude for the welcome the inhabitants of Chambon gave him during the war,'

Schwam also wrote that the money be used for Educational and youth initiatives, in particular, scholarships.

Over the centuries the village of Chambon-sur-Lignon has taken in a wide range of people fleeing religious or political persecution.

Around 2,500 Jews were taken in and protected during World War II by the village, whose residents were honoured as 'Righteous Among the Nations' by Israel's Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial centre.

A commemorative plaque of the rescue of Jews during their WWII persecution is affixed on the village school of Le Chambon-sur-Lignon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9206961/Jewish-refugee-leaves-two-million-euros-French-village-hid-family-Nazis.html?ito=social-facebook

Exceptionally gracious Pharmacist!
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by id2019(m): 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
Explorers:
Schwam's father was a doctor, while his mother Malcie created a library in the Rivesaltes camp in 1942, one of the many set up to imprison Jews.

Friedal Reiter, a young Swiss social worker, wrote a diary that contained information about the family's history.

It is thought that Reiter helped the family move to Chambon-sur-Lignon after the Rivesaltes camp closed in November 1942.

Schwam was placed in a children's home run by Secours Suisse, a sub-sector of the Red Cross of Switzerland which helped children during the Second World War.

His mother also worked there.

The entire family survived the war and his parents returned to Austria.

Schwam later studied pharmacy at the University of Leon in 1950 and graduated in 1957.

Chambon-sur-Lignon, located on a remote mountain plateau in southeast France, large Protestant community known for offering shelter to those in need.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9206961/Jewish-refugee-leaves-two-million-euros-French-village-hid-family-Nazis.html?ito=social-facebook
I too miss Explorer... Best nairalander
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by chriskosherbal(m): 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=ThatEnuguboi post=98711858]
I'm telling u.. Very green. I just love there already [/quote
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
Jewish people they shaa get moni
And too much sense
Nah why to cashout on them the shaa hard
But if you mistakenly bomb through a Jewish client eh!
Omo nah massive cashout be that
And na en be say you be odogwu
The reward dey massive
Why had u sworn to be stupid all the time sef?
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by damosade(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
While some are fleeing middle east to the west with the aim of bombing them..
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by TemmyT002(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
Somebody should write a novel about this; I want to read.
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by wildikeman(m): 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Is part of the 2million euros going to the yebrews in Nigeria.. The developers.
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Starzo: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2021
see as village fine

3 Likes

Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Dollanaira: 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oh
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Seun360(m): 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
And too much sense
The reward dey massive

You are a Yahoo boy.
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by registerin: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
illicit:
Wow....

Mr Nice guy
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by naijadrivablog: 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
Eh yah! Kudos to that village.
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
And too much sense
The reward dey massive

With your criminal lifestyle, you've killed many people than you can ever imagine. You even pride yourself in it.
This is 2021, turn a new leafe
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Yet you willed death to the Palestinians after you arrived there as rufugees
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by hustla(m): 8:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
If na Nigeria, one goat will still loot the money smh
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Proton99: 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
Theres a reason they've been evicted from different countries and empires over 100 times in their history. If only plebs know who the Jews are...

Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by ernecy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
What if everything you just read was a lie. I mean what if the holocaust never happened and Hitler was a victim of history written by the Victor..
Last last everything na simulation..
check ur ingredient
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Proton99: 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
ernecy:
What if everything you just read was a lie. I mean what if the holocaust never happened and Hitler was a victim of history written by the Victor..
Last last everything na simulation..
check ur ingredient

The jews own the media.
Re: Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi by Buziness101: 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2021
Since I was born and now I'm 38... I've never seen a Nigerian man will his money to charity....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

lessons from the lawmakers sex scandal and A personal experience! / BRT Bus On Fire On Third Mainland Bridge (Photos) / 5 Bad Travel Habits You Need To Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.