Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) (49705 Views)

Naira Floating by Tinubu was Ill-advised-Atiku / Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua And Murtala Nyako In Mecca (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Exmilitant(m): 10:19am On Feb 01, 2021
Yar'adua!! Our papa! The president that ended militancy with common sense. Rest in peace sir, your good works lives on...
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by fayruka(m): 10:20am On Feb 01, 2021
you called him and asked him " are you dead or alive"? Like seriously? Does a dead man talk in the first instance
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Sparkle777(f): 10:22am On Feb 01, 2021
Yaradua, may God grant him rest, is my best president after Baba himself. With what Bubu is doing to me, I even miss Yaradua more, we had him and we knew him not.
Rest on sir

1 Like

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Golan007: 10:29am On Feb 01, 2021
Carlyscales:

And in your right mind, you believe you can analyse a medical report better than:

1) a professor emeritus of medicine

2) the first professor of medicine by any African university

3) a professor chair in UI at the age of 35

4) Taking special interest in Hypertension and Kidney diseases, he has made tremendous contributions in these areas.

5) a Rockefeller visiting fellow John Hopkins, Yale and Washington, Seattle Medical School [1966],

6) visiting professor of medicine, Harvard University

7) Senior Associate in Medicine, Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, Boston Massachusetts, USA [1974-75],

cool visiting Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, and fellow of Balliol college, university of oxford [1981 – 1982],

9) member WHO Advisory Committee on Health for Research [1990 – 1994] and

10) visiting Professor of Medicine University of Cape Town [1996

Broos warn ya safeoo
This is new yr grin

Last last what happened?
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by President99: 10:31am On Feb 01, 2021
May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by FireTheMods: 10:32am On Feb 01, 2021
shocked
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Brian47(m): 10:38am On Feb 01, 2021
Golan007:
In your right mind, you felt a man with a kidney transplant was the best to lead the country.

At least what Yaraduwa did for this country, which other president did that ?
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Idaytesj29(m): 10:39am On Feb 01, 2021
Coronabirus:
I disagree with the verdict of OBJ. Umaru has multiple organs problems, I remember after his election as Katsina state governor in 1999 his alleged medical report leaked showed that Umaru couldn't survive beyond his first tenure (it's reported in weekly trust around 2001). I remember his statement when he's seriously sick journalists asked him abt his health he told them that "I may die today, I may die tomorrow and I may even live to be 90".
OBJ is fully aware of his ailing health condition.
This guy just gave him the ticket for selfish reasons. First, because of his relationship with his late elder brother SHEHU Musa Yaradua. Secondly, he wanted someone so soft & weak who may not perform well for him to always be seen as a hero after messy years of military regimes.
I won't rule out the possibility of sinister motive behind imposing ailing Yaradua on Nigerians despite the availability of better candidates at that time because OBJ is one of the evil leaders Nigeria had.

I disagree with you, Yar Adua was a competent president. He was just unlucky with his health. He truly had the interest of the masses at heart.
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Golan007: 10:40am On Feb 01, 2021
Brian47:

At least what Yaraduwa did for this country, which other president did that ?

Like?
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Idaytesj29(m): 10:40am On Feb 01, 2021
Sparkle777:
Yaradua, may God grant him rest, is my best president after Baba himself. With what Bubu is doing to me, I even miss Yaradua more, we had him and we knew him not.
Rest on sir

Amen, may God rest his soul.

1 Like

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Carlyscales: 10:46am On Feb 01, 2021
Golan007:

Last last what happened?
So?

Na you the determine who go die ni?

Do you know how many normal people that died about the same time and orthers who have had kidney transplant since then, but still alive today?

Obasanjo himself had diabetes before he became president in 1999. Even some of the healthy cabals that choose him to be president then, are already dead now. While Baba is still alive, kicking n exercising at 83.

What you postulating is like refusing to marry the love of your life because she's survived cancer or a family history of cancer.

By my sense of judgement, I don't in anyway fault Obasanjo on that decision. But, If by yours you do, Goodluck!
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Brunicekid(m): 10:47am On Feb 01, 2021
Obj is a "good clown"

How will you tell someone who picked your call "Are you alive?" grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 01, 2021
dukebabaaduke:
Nah you wan kill am
that's not what I meant... He gonna be alive to write another book nah
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Btruth: 10:54am On Feb 01, 2021
Even as it is. The Yar'adua at death is 100% better than the living Buhari.

Buhari, Tinubu, Ameeche, Fashola, Lai Mohammed and senior members of APC are all fraud. Run as much as your legs can carry you as soon as you hear their names.

Awon Oloriburuku gbogbo.
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Mozegee: 10:56am On Feb 01, 2021
Umaru,one of the few men who would have delivered and set this country in a right direction . But good things don't last in this Nation. As an igbo man I cried like a baby the day I heard that umaru yaradua is dead. Life is not fair at all, sometimes I feel this country is caused
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Cluedom(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2021
Group buy offer. There is a hot trick of making dollars on Kindle Amazon which is currently paying bills and with this you don't need to pay writers or designers to become a publisher. All will be done by you. There is a blueprint to do it yourself by writing close to 100 books without any stress with the help of different tools that will make it easy to do and making for a start between $200 to $500 monthly.We need 20 serious people for the group buy. If you are interested click this WhatsApp link. https:///BbLkVvXnnwN380okpNj7Fo
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by ubimagos: 11:06am On Feb 01, 2021
Now were your doctor friend don die too, na who we come ask now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by goooze(m): 11:16am On Feb 01, 2021
Golan007:
In your right mind, you felt a man with a kidney transplant was the best to lead the country.
was he not better than the lifeless that didn't do a transplant
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by ShadowM(m): 11:17am On Feb 01, 2021
Lol you just misquoted the 'I may Die today' quote. What Umaru Yar'Adua meant was No one knows when death will come. It's a strong belief in Islamic faith. The belief that your life is in the hands of God and your death, as no one could predict your existence same way no one knows when you will die.

He wasn't sending a subtle message telling people that he was sick.

Coronabirus:
I disagree with the verdict of OBJ. Umaru has multiple organs problems, I remember after his election as Katsina state governor in 1999 his alleged medical report leaked showed that Umaru couldn't survive beyond his first tenure (it's reported in weekly trust around 2001). I remember his statement when he's seriously sick journalists asked him abt his health he told them that "I may die today, I may die tomorrow and I may even live to be 90".
This guy just gave him the ticket for selfish reasons. First, because of his relationship with his late elder brother SHEHU Musa Yaradua. Secondly, he wanted someone so soft & weak who may not perform well for him to always be seen as a hero after messy years of military regimes.
I won't rule out the possibility of sinister motive behind imposing ailing Yaradua on Nigerians despite the availability of better candidates at that time because OBJ is one of the evil leaders Nigeria had.
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Galapagous(m): 11:20am On Feb 01, 2021
medically fit or not, the fact still remain , yaradua was the best president that's ever rule this God forsaken con3
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:20am On Feb 01, 2021
If Yaradua was alive coronavirus for don kill am

1 Like

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Golan007: 11:26am On Feb 01, 2021
Carlyscales:

So?

Na you the determine who go die ni?

Do you know how many normal people that died about the same time and orthers who have had kidney transplant since then, but still alive today?

Obasanjo himself had diabetes before he became president in 1999. Even some of the healthy cabals that choose him to be president then, are already dead now. While Baba is still alive, kicking n exercising at 83.

What you postulating is like refusing to marry the love of your life because she's survived cancer or a family history of cancer.

By my sense of judgement, I don't in anyway fault Obasanjo on that decision. But, If by yours you do, Goodluck!

The man was sick at the point of nomination, sick at the point of governing and died from his sickness.

What a wise decision it was to nominate him.

1 Like

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Tareq1105: 11:28am On Feb 01, 2021
Coronabirus:

He's better than Buhari bcoz Obj was in charge of his government to the extent that he remembers 95% of events and decisions while Buhari is not and can't remember anything.
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by JordanMichael(m): 11:31am On Feb 01, 2021
Sammy07:
Lol
He also think Buhari will die in office like yar Adua that's why he imposed him on us.

Unfortunately, him no die cry
Buhari na evil spirit
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by JordanMichael(m): 11:35am On Feb 01, 2021
neyorlmogzy:
Who was the better candidate?
Burutai grin
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Magnumproperty: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2021
10 years Facebook account for sale
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by chubinwa(m): 1:20pm On Feb 01, 2021
and what do we do with this now Obj? over many years, this is what you came up with. unfortunately, we don't have anything to do with this now. face the current security challenge and see how we can conquer these Fulani monsters
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by jumper524(m): 1:35pm On Feb 01, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Yaradua....may his soul continue to rest in peace
Can forget him so soon
That man respect and understand the rule of law
you dey talk better. who cares if he was ever sick?? he did the best for us with the little time he had. may his soul rest in peace..
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShadowM:
Lol you just misquoted the 'I may Die today' quote. What Umaru Yar'Adua meant was No one knows when death will come. It's a strong belief in Islamic faith. The belief that your life is in the hands of God and your death, as no one could predict your existence same way no one knows when you will die.

He wasn't sending a subtle message telling people that he was sick.

I got what he meant, he said it when there were rising concerns abt his health.

1 Like

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by jumper524(m): 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
Golan007:
he's not a doctor. the doctors we believe understands health said a man with successful kidney transplant is sane as one without transplant.
obj is innocent here.
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
Idaytesj29:

I disagree with you, Yar Adua was a competent president. He was just unlucky with his health. He truly had the interest of the masses at heart.
I didn't in any of my comment stated that he was incompetent, I just highlighted his serious health challenges which could've never allowed him rule in full capacity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Bus Going To Convention In Accident Along Abak (photos) / Meet The Members Of The Lagos Judicial Panel On SARS. / Warri One Million Man March For Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.