Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security (9233 Views)

APC's David Jimkuta Defeats Gov Darius Ishaku To Win Taraba South Senate / Governor Darius Ishaku Playing Golf (photos) / Darius Ishaku: FG Plotting To Stop Me, Six Others From Seeking Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by 2mercy: 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
The Federal Government alone cannot handle the security of this nation. It has shown that it has failed woefully and for us to achieve results, the security has to be broken down.

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, on Saturday castigated the Muhammadu Buhari-led government for failing to secure Nigerians and called for strata of security agencies to be broken.

The governor disclosed this when he paid a condolence visit to the residence of the late Ardo-Kola Local Government Area chairman, who was recently kidnapped and murdered.

The deceased, Salihu Dovo, was on January 24 abducted by gunmen at his residence in Sabon Gari, Jalingo at around 1 am. He was later murdered by his assailants.

Speaking during the visit, Ishaku said the constitution of the country is defective, hence the need to review it to accommodate state policing accurately for the safety of lives and property, without which insecurity will continuously rear its ugly head.

He called on the Buhari-led government to take the issue of insecurity seriously and find a solution to it.

The governor said, “Since I came to power, I have repeatedly and I am going to repeat it that unless we break down the strata of security agencies in Nigeria, particularly the police, we cannot adequately curtail insecurity.

“There must be state police, and there must also be local government police.

”The Federal Government alone cannot handle the security of this nation. It has shown that it has failed woefully and for us to achieve results, the security has to be broken down.

”Where we copied this constitution is the United States of America and it has federal, state, and local government police.

”I am also calling on all politicians in the position of power to seriously look at the security situation in the country.

”In this state, I have lost so many people that I cannot count, this is a chairman that I have lost now. I lost a member of Taraba State House of Assembly, Hosea Ibi, and others too numerous to mention.

”And I speak to you, there is tension in the South-West, but do we continue to sleep with one eye closed and keep quiet as if nothing is happening? No. Something is happening which desperately needs an answer.”
https://saharareporters.com/2021/01/31/buhari-led-government-has-failed-nigerians-security-says-taraba-governor-ishaku

4 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by danelson007(m): 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
It's only a blind man that will not admit to this.

30 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by Ottyn01(m): 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
I have nothing to say
Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by CodeTemplar: 10:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
Buhari is just hanging on and sharing what we cannot afford to win more souls into the zombie followers club. ZFC.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by Ofemmanu1: 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
buhari is deaf and dumb

9 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by XXXXTENTACION: 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
The Taraba governor is an IPOB Miscreant. undecided
Infact Anybody that is against Buhari is an IPOB miscreat grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by PrinceOfLagos: 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
His failure didn't start today so I'm not surprised

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by sweetonugbu: 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
Let's wait and see what nairaland resident zone bs will say

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by lastmessenger: 11:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
For selfish reasons they have allowed the death of thousands of Nigerian's. To maintain power and control the masses they don't care how many people will die.
Who doesn't know that state police will save life? We all the know but the people who love power so much Will not allow it because it automatically reduces their power.

8 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by 143WaZoBia: 11:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
Kudos to you Mr governor.
If Buhari can achieve state police before 2023 his name will be drafted in our good book.
What most leaders don’t understand is how much they can learn from history. Apart from fact that everybody dies. Even while you are still alive once power change hands all your policies will be changed especially if you lose to opposition party and the policies you don’t want to bring to the general public will be unveil for the public to see. What’s worse. What you have spent your whole life protecting can get reordered in matter of day’s after you lose power or lose your life. History is all we need to do right.

6 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by saaron(m): 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
Nigeria does not even have a president. What the country have is a group of fulani supremacists/cabals that rules the country indirectly through the permanent dummy/impostor in Aso Rock.
That man in Aso Rock is not buhari at all. The puppet is a bloody impostor! Brought in to act as president after the death of buhari. It was yesterday that I got to comfirmed it for myself. The difference was a clear as day!
The guy does not know left or right cos he's just a dummy pretending to be somebody he's not. Fulani cabals via presidency rule Nigeria through him.
And some people wonder why Nigeria is under attack from fulani terrorist invaders?

All those who have a hand in bringing in a foreigner and a impostor to act as Nigeria's president in blantant breach of the constitution must be rounded up by Nigerians and tried for high treason.

Nnamdi Kanu was right afterall.
Those involved must be prosecuted and sentenced to death.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:51am On Feb 01, 2021
Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just some weeks ago, the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches began commercial operation, a project that has been neglected since 1960
That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say;  i hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; i hate airports. i’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and i don’t want to board. Will i ever enter a plane if i’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 60% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: i hate bridges.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just some weeks ago, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, 

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

Addendum :
We made our comment without quoting any of the negative and pessimistic comments before or after ours, cos everyone is free to air their opinion,
And you have a right to vent as a citizen,
No one can ever tell you not to do that.
And you can never tell those who believe in Nigeria to stop their beliefs also.
Issa free world.
So if you don't wanna be unfortunate this beautiful week, don't quote our positive and patriotic comments to spill ya usual rubbish and negativity.
You can do all that under your personal post without quoting this post.
Children of frustrations kindly take note!
An advice from the elders.

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.
Nigeria will succeed,
We will surely get to the country of our dreams.
God bless Nigeria.

We Rise!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:53am On Feb 01, 2021
Form the horses mouth

3 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by castrokins(m): 3:54am On Feb 01, 2021
Happy New Year, Darius.

2 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by Tofax: 3:55am On Feb 01, 2021
No! Buhari has failed in all facets of governance.

3 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by zealousayo(m): 4:01am On Feb 01, 2021
Buhari is just a regular scammer. His presidency is built on deceit and lies.

5 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by ec0malchemist(m): 4:02am On Feb 01, 2021
Nigeria is built on Insecurity, Decent, Corruption and Lies.

Nothing seems to work as corruption has eaten deep into every fabric of the society. It's just a matter of time before we all sink in this ship.

Let me teach you how to import gadgets from US and sell here in Nigeria with offer up and letgo accounts for free

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by badman007(m): 4:06am On Feb 01, 2021
Sinzu money cashapp.
Featuring
Boko Haram FG.

3 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by optimusprime2(m): 4:08am On Feb 01, 2021
I have listened to Analysts and concluded that the solution to Nigeria's security challenge is really not a big deal... the only problem is the political make up of Nigeria, that unfortunately can not support some policies.

Seriously ask anyone this question; apart from weak/porous borders, and the law enforcement/armed forces itself that needs a revamp... what is Nigeria's main security challenge?

Definitely not B.H, because they can be totally subdued by a combination of reinforced border patrol/control as well as effective Armed forces and most Definitely not some rogue herdsmen....

So Nigeria's security problem is just an internal glitch...

If only Nigeria could borrow a "Trump-like individual" for 2 years, security challenges would be a thing of the past.

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by Fahdiga1: 4:08am On Feb 01, 2021
Buhari has already gone down as the worst president the world has ever seen

6 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by tynasha: 4:17am On Feb 01, 2021
cool
Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by Bola146(f): 4:18am On Feb 01, 2021
Long time ago, maybe we should not vote any northern people again. Some hausa don't really cherish lives like their cows. No wonder his wife flee to another country lipsrsealed undecided

4 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by MackIV(m): 4:22am On Feb 01, 2021
grin
Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by Onepeople: 4:25am On Feb 01, 2021
He is brave for speaking out.

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by UncleKoboko: 4:27am On Feb 01, 2021
I'm in shock
Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by 1Alex: 4:30am On Feb 01, 2021
The government failed in every sector not only security.

3 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by gaskiyamagana: 4:32am On Feb 01, 2021
sweetonugbu:
Let's wait and see what nairaland resident zone bs will say
What do you want us to say other than we are are yet to be victims of life INSECURITY from our Daddy's administration but, BUT we dey fear well well and pray well make we no be victims.

4 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by Empiree: 4:32am On Feb 01, 2021
2mercy:
The Federal Government alone cannot handle the security of this nation. It has shown that it has failed woefully and for us to achieve results, the security has to be broken down.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/01/31/buhari-led-government-has-failed-nigerians-security-says-taraba-governor-ishaku
Buhari is responsible for every state problems right?. What are state govt doing about insecurity in their states?. Don't they have state police?. So they need to wait for order from federal before they deployed police to challenge criminals?. What are governors doing about police corruption?. Is Buhari gonna be everywhere to challenge insecurities?.

Anytime these politicians come up with excuses like this they are simply saying "we need more funds" to tackle insecurity but what exactly have they been doing with federal allocations all the time?.
Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by dalongjnr: 4:34am On Feb 01, 2021
Forget! The governor was a minister during goodluck's tenure. He could have advice his boss then. See eh, political thugs hired to steal ballot boxes and assassinates political rivals are the ones given sleepless nights. If you put guns into wrong hands, then expect to sleep with one eye closed.
Ppl supported and fund communal and religious crises in Taraba,Benue,plateau,kaduna and Nassarawa States through militias. Now middle belt is a hotbed with the heat been conducted to neighbouring States.
Any state that has persistent security challenges have one or more history of communal or religious crises with bad history of political thuggery eg,kogi,river state,Bauchi state,with the states mentioned above and many more.
People just talked without understanding the root causes of these issues. Though, illiteracy,unemployment and religious fanaticism contributed, they are not the major precursors.

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by DanielPop(m): 4:35am On Feb 01, 2021
So it won't be difficult for you to say amen to this prayer - may your life become as buhari has made Nigeria...say amen sire!
post=98623175:
Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just some weeks ago, the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches began commercial operation, a project that has been neglected since 1960
That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say;  i hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; i hate airports. i’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and i don’t want to board. Will i ever enter a plane if i’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 60% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: i hate bridges.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just some weeks ago, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, 

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

Addendum :
We made our comment without quoting any of the negative and pessimistic comments before or after ours, cos everyone is free to air their opinion,
And you have a right to vent as a citizen,
No one can ever tell you not to do that.
And you can never tell those who believe in Nigeria to stop their beliefs also.
Issa free world.
So if you don't wanna be unfortunate this beautiful week, don't quote our positive and patriotic comments to spill ya usual rubbish and negativity.
You can do all that under your personal post without quoting this post.
Children of frustrations kindly take note!
An advice from the elders.

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.
Nigeria will succeed,
We will surely get to the country of our dreams.
God bless Nigeria.

We Rise!

11 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by gaskiyamagana: 4:36am On Feb 01, 2021
2mercy:

Bogus amount you and governors are collecting as Security Vote is part of Nigeria problems on INSECURITY.

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Buhari-Led Government Has Failed Nigerians On Security by Bestlink5: 4:40am On Feb 01, 2021
post=98623175:
[b]Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. [color=#006600]They make us dizzy.

We Rise!
You will surely be consumed by this insecurity you are sugar coating with your darling daddy this year in Jesus name & insha Allah.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olamilekan Adegbite: FG Unlikely To Fix Ajaokuta Steel As Planned / Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail / Photos: Absconded Abobaku Of Oni Responds Via Twitter. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.