Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru (15559 Views)

Late General Attahiru Saluting Buhari At The Airport (Throwback Photo) / Profile Of Major-General Attahiru Ibrahim, The New Chief Of Army Staff (Photos) / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by RussellRutherfo: 10:17am On Feb 01, 2021
Moskylatata:
Have you ever wondered why SE is relatively peaceful? Have you ever wondered why you can travel around SE in the night without being kidnapped or rubbed by armed robbers? It is because of the presence of these check points.
Yes, they may have been deployed for other purposes but I can assure you, they have helped the security situation in SE.
Given what is happening in other parts of the country, I am not in support of the removal of these check points.
What is it costing us? 50/100 naira on a check point. Try 4million naira ransom.

Sometimes you don't even need to give them anything, just be nice to them. And you will see them crack jokes with you.

Removal of those check points is a Big NO for me.

I was about to say this but scroll down to see if any Easterner will say this. I am glad you did because I personally know a Igbo business man who was kidnapped at Imo State and was released after a ransom fee of 5m Naira.
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by afam1992: 10:19am On Feb 01, 2021
danelson007:
This is a welcomed development. The last time I was in the East I nearly cried. Checkpoints everywhere. Is the Eastern Nigeria a war zone? Their extortion of Motorists is atalk for another day

Front page straight.

First to comments this year.
those men dey collect money pass police especially Enugu road.

1 Like

Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by JohnBullMySon: 10:34am On Feb 01, 2021
Moskylatata:
Have you ever wondered why SE is relatively peaceful? Have you ever wondered why you can travel around SE in the night without being kidnapped or rubbed by armed robbers? It is because of the presence of these check points.
Yes, they may have been deployed for other purposes but I can assure you, they have helped the security situation in SE.
Given what is happening in other parts of the country, I am not in support of the removal of these check points.
What is it costing us? 50/100 naira on a check point. Try 4million naira ransom.

Sometimes you don't even need to give them anything, just be nice to them. And you will see them crack jokes with you.

you get sense sha, south east those days used to be the headquarters of kidnapping. Now things are different. There is a reason why no south east state is on the US Embassy Nigeria travel advisory.
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Acidiously: 10:47am On Feb 01, 2021
This is a classical future IMPOSSIBLE WISH
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Olisehinnocent: 10:53am On Feb 01, 2021
ESN are capable of protecting us. We don't need fulani terrorists in uniform to be estorting and killing our people. You can employ them to guide you and your family.
Moskylatata:

1 Like

Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Felabarmudia: 10:56am On Feb 01, 2021
Moskylatata:

When we cry we see more clearly....nice point
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by MiztaSpark(m): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2021
Bobyro:

They are following legal means and here you are still saying trash. Truly you can never please a man.

Oh I thought the ESN was legal. Now go and get a brain even if its from a chicken.
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Bobyro: 12:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
MiztaSpark:

Oh I thought the ESN was legal. Now go and get a brain even if its from a chicken.
What business does ESN have to do with the military? Are you frequently stupid or you just choose to be so? I wonder why I'm even responding to someone who came up with the idea of borrowing brains from a chicken.
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
helinues:
That's one of the problems I have with Ohaneze...

Removal of those unnecessary check points in South East is long over due..

Put action and follow up this time , not the one they will leave for weeks and return back

E be like say dem no pay this one January 5k BMC allowance! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Pimine: 2:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
RuMiRgO1stSon:

Guy what's this [AF] I dey ask for small bro
Aswearugaaad

af means as fụck, bro
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Halexgos3(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2021
bigeliot:
That's all they know how to do. Always kicking yet dem no sabi play ball. Compromised group. Make e no b like say Dem no dey talk that's y they just kicked. Buhari is shocked and ohaneze dey kick.

Come talk ham for front
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by BoneTackle: 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Since I know you (as a liar, propagandist and a zombie) this is the only sensible comment you have ever made. And am not sure it's you that made this comment maybe somebody took your phone when you were sleeping.
grin grin grin
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Otu7(m): 3:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
The nigerian military is even worse dan d police now wen it comes to extortion...not just d east alone but also d entire southern nigeria.. for instance Okene- auchi-benin road...this soldiers mann checkpoints...they contribute to d gridlock in bua axis of okene auchi road..they extort all manner of commercial vehicles be it trucks, j5, toyota dinar, etc.. except for private vehicles...they dont care who is watching..carry small laod & ur booth open or u carry load ontop of ur vehicle u must give dem moni or else they wil delay u 4 no just cause until u give dem dat moni....in d 9ts, big trucks pay as high as 2k..for every single check point & dem many...causing grid locks...& Beating & harrasing any1 dat fails 2do dia biddings...open armed robbery.....

2 Likes

Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Tonyspecial(m): 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
From Lafia to nyanya only one army check point
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by ThatEnuguboi: 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
patzino:
I leave in Zaria kaduna state and I can confidently tell u that there are no check point
Madam I stay in the same zaria, who told you there are no checkpoints. They're multiple check points on kd-abj Road, but they don't stand on the road, they're by the road side
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by ThatEnuguboi: 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2021
patzino:
I leave in Zaria kaduna state and I can confidently tell u that there are no check point
Also that's why we have so much banditry in kaduna, zaria now has been taken over by bandits, is it ABU that they kidnap lecturers daily
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by davywillis: 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2021
I agree with you but the number of the check-in points should drastically reduce.

Moskylatata:

Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by bragamycin: 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
Moskylatata:

While it seems as tho those check points are checkmating arm robberies, I believed that the presence of security men and check points are the reasons y arm robbery Nd kidnapping grew in the first place .
If a law s pass that all check points on the high way shld be dismantle and any group whether or uniforms or not mounting road blocks shld be treated as HOSTILES/criminals, believe kidnapping will slow down on our express because cars will always be driving with full speed and whenever a rider spots any barrier on the road with people putting on military uniform around those barriers, those drivers will instinctively know they are criminals and reverse back
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by danelson007(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
afam1992:
those men dey collect money pass police especially Enugu road.

I dey tell u my brother. After staying in one place for like 5mins I moved my car n the officer threatened to shoot me. Just imagine

1 Like

Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Colonelswitz101(m): 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
helinues:
That's one of the problems I have with Ohaneze...

Removal of those unnecessary check points in South East is long over due..

Put action and follow up this time , not the one they will leave for weeks and return back

Bro did u hit ur head somewhere?

1 Like

Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Biggers82(m): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ohanaeze Ndi Ara should keep quite dia Thunder fire them their who ask them to say nonsense Notting like Ohanaeze in Igbo land they are all foolish all they know is how to collect money from PMB and keep quite while Fulani Heardsmen kill our people
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by MiztaSpark(m): 3:14am On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=Bobyro post=98633634]
What business does ESN have to do with the military? Are you frequently stupid or you just choose to be so? I wonder why I'm even responding to someone who came up with the idea of borrowing brains from a chicken. [/]

I can perceive you are an ipob terrorist because its obvious stupidity runs in your family linage.
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Bobyro: 6:57am On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=MiztaSpark post=98687988][/quote]
Being insultive is your only excuse fool.. So unreasonable and foolish at this stage of your life. Better start praying for sense grin
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Bobyro: 6:58am On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=MiztaSpark post=98687988][/quote]
Being insultive is your only excuse fool.. So unreasonable and foolish at this stage of your life. Better start praying for sense grin
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by orisa37: 10:03am On Feb 03, 2021
SUPPORTED.
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by orisa37: 10:06am On Feb 03, 2021
SUPPORTED.

AND LET AUTONOMOUS STATE SECURITY SAFETY AND SUCCESS HANDLE THE HOMELAND SECURITY.
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by MiztaSpark(m): 6:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
Bobyro:

That does not change the foolishness of your family linage. Better break the yoke so that you don't extend the foolishness to your innocent kids
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by Bobyro: 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
MiztaSpark:

That does not change the foolishness of your family linage. Better break the yoke so that you don't extend the foolishness to your innocent kids
Dumb fool who has nothing meaningful to say and therefore to console himself, he always put up the most useless and irrelevant comments. Your family should disown you because you're totally useless.
Re: Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru by MiztaSpark(m): 6:59am On Feb 04, 2021
Bobyro:

Dumb fool who has nothing meaningful to say and therefore to console himself, he always put up the most useless and irrelevant comments. Your family should disown you because you're totally useless.

Save your family linage from the foolishness that's all. I know the truth hurts but just accept your stupidity and move on. If Nnamdi Kanu orders you and your family to jumb into a lagoon I believe you all will do so because that's how empty ya'lls head is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola / Jonathan’s CSO Denies $6.9m Allegation As EFCC Begins Full Probe Of Diezani / Saraki’s Legal Team Denies Walking Out On Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.