Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) (64469 Views)

Christmas Rice I Shared In Igbere Not From FG — Senator Kalu (Video) / Ahmad Lawan Bags Chieftaincy Title In Igbere, Orji Kalu’s Hometown (Photos) / Yemi Osinbajo Fountain In Igbere By Orji Uzor Kalu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by true2god: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
Obama moved to a rented apartment after his tenure. The immediate past VP Mike pence no get house sef.African leaders I hail ooooo undecided
Obama owns one of the most expensive houses in Washington DC.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/02/photos-of-the-obamas-8-point-1-million-washington-d-c-house.html

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by 400billionman: 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2021
fabolouz1:
The people of abia state should ask questions .
Camp Neya is Government property built by Lt.Col Anthony Obi and it was supposed to be a government resort .
How it ended as orji kalu private residence is something that can't be understood .

I'm not doubting you.

But pertinent questions are, why did Col Anthony Obi build it inside Igbere, when the state capital Umuahia is still under developed with stretches of land ?

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by EMMY76: 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
Omihanifa:
What most people fail to realise is that having a big house with so many rooms is now old fashioned. By the time the children starts growing and checking out to start their own lives the house will become lonely and hard to maintain.

For example this Kalu house has

over 36 jumbo sized sitting rooms

– 12 room presidential lodge

– Governors lodge for all the 36 states and FCT

– A 5000 capacity conference hall

– 22 Kitchens

– 102 toilets

1 petrol station

– 76 Bathrooms

– 187 bedrooms

– a golf course

– a football pitch

– an olympic sized swimming pool

– one indoor swimming pool

The question is how many of those rooms or facilities have been used in the last 5years undecided and how many of his children are living there

It's all primitive greed nothing else am certain that the used in building all these are from abia state common wealth.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by SirBunky85(m): 2:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
Omihanifa:
What most people fail to realise is that having a big house with so many rooms is now old fashioned. By the time the children starts growing and checking out to start their own lives the house will become lonely and hard to maintain.

For example this Kalu house has

over 36 jumbo sized sitting rooms

– 12 room presidential lodge

– Governors lodge for all the 36 states and FCT

– A 5000 capacity conference hall

– 22 Kitchens

– 102 toilets

1 petrol station

– 76 Bathrooms

– 187 bedrooms

– a golf course

– a football pitch

– an olympic sized swimming pool

– one indoor swimming pool

The question is how many of those rooms or facilities have been used in the last 5years undecided and how many of his children are living there
same problems Authur Nzeribe is having right now-maintenance of his oguta estate is a very big problem cuz it's so large
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Draslo(m): 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
melodyogonna:

This building looks small. I guess the photo was taken from a wrong angle
They should have used a drone. That's the only thing that can show the magnanimity of the estate
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by SirBunky85(m): 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
fabolouz1:
The people of abia state should ask questions .
Camp Neya is Government property built by Lt.Col Anthony Obi and it was supposed to be a government resort .
How it ended as orji kalu private residence is something that can't be understood .
I hope you have all the evidences that the house was built by Col.Obi ?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by SirBunky85(m): 2:36pm On Feb 01, 2021
400billionman:

Visit Igbere and ohafia.

He is not the only one having such a big house there.

Their houses are hotel sized. There is one along the road called Abbot Resort.

Seriously, I thought it was a recreational center. Omg, it's somebody's private house.
okwara osonwa's house in ohafia is also big with a petrol station inside it
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Timon4real(m): 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2021
Somebody should please help me with this Senator's phone number, we need to talk
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by SirBunky85(m): 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2021
Draslo:

They should have used a drone. That's the only thing that can show the magnanimity of the estate
magnanimity abi na magnitude you bn wan write?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by ShoeShineGuy: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
Metrix147:
Senator representing Abia North, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu says his home commissioned in 1999 will soon be converted to a resort and for the downtrodden.

ABN TV reports that the former Abia governor's home was opened on May 28, 1999, a day before he was sworn in to take over the mantle of leadership upon the return of democracy in 1999.

Kalu who spoke in his Igbere country home at the birthday celebration of a billionaire oil mogul, Mr. Jack Rich, the founder of Belema Oil.

According to the Senate Chief Whip, there is no need to carry out further renovation work on the building which he said has become old-fashioned.

While reiterating that everything about life is vanity, he said he can't provide answers as to why he has such magnificent edifice anytime his children seek answers from him.

Recall that Kalu has embarked on philanthropic gestures through his Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation where he has touched millions of lives across Abia and beyond.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/02/sen-orji-kalu-to-convert-home-to-place-of-refuge-for-the-poor-soon/

Someone should tell him we wildlife lovers would love if he can turn it into a Game's Reserve; introducing some wild herbivores first, then later, we would love some predators. With time, nature will balance itself in there.

God bless OUK.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Timon4real(m): 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2021
LOL

SirBunky85:
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by ShoeShineGuy: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Queenlovely:
An unexamined life is not worth living

Let us drop our phone for just a minute and examine things,

Why are we always reacting to every news, does it mean we are helpless

It seems we should stop reacting to everything, introspection is a better reaction sometimes,
Ideas can come from slowing down and examining things

The politicians, bloggers, journalist wants us to react to everything, keep calm and watch sometimes.

Let us study the game of the corrupt and beat them to it

grin
That's the manipulative powers of the social animals called human beings! It's the reason our world is upside down today.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by phantom24: 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
At times it gets too late b4 men realize that all this materialism is actually nothing. Nobody will remember you 4 the houses you built but the lives you touched.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Draslo(m): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
SirBunky85:
Lol. Na autocorrect o
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by ejanla077: 3:59pm On Feb 01, 2021
Coldie:
The house don tire am the guys business slok enterprises has gone down the drain and he is now eating money from senate, what's on his mind is to convert his house to resort and move to abuja full time

The guy is actually powering.. His core business is not based in Nigeria...

He is the biggest Nigerian vessel owner.. Currently he own 9 oil vessels.. 4vis being built for him currently...
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Bmaster(m): 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
Obama moved to a rented apartment after his tenure. The immediate past VP Mike pence no get house sef.African leaders I hail ooooo undecided
and you wish a common man believe you
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by moscobabs(m): 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
shocked
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Ladyvixen: 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2021
Abeg o, if he needs a very good interior and furnitures company to work with let him know about me pls

Call: 08133874428
Olive interiors hub
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Ladyvixen: 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2021
Abeg as he dey do am ehn... Help me let him know that he can get a good quality interior decorations and furnitures company here.

Call : 08133874428
Olive Interiors Hub
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by koning: 4:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
This "Vanity uopn Vanity" thing don dey make small sense to me as i get older. I have cars i have not driven for nearly 1 year now. Not to mention a huge house like this just wasting. Sometimes one has to ask the question" What's the point of all this"
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by fabolouz1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
400billionman:

I'm not doubting you.

But pertinent questions are, why did Col Anthony Obi build it inside Igbere, when the state capital Umuahia is still under developed with stretches of land ?

A resort is always built on remote areas , camp David in USA is not on Washington DC .
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by fabolouz1(m): 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
SirBunky85:
I hope you have all the evidences that the house was built by Col.Obi ?
Why not Google it yourself ?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by AFONAMARO: 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Already tired of one of his loot. Africans can do the unthinkable

Can't you read? That house was built and opened before he became governor. Was it your community's money he looted prior to becoming governor?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by SonOfTheRisingS: 5:00pm On Feb 01, 2021
Springboot:

But he wasn't into politics before building this house

Is this an excused or what
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by sonnie10: 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
Prison can actually correct someone's behavior. After serving some time in kuje, he now realized that he only needs one bed and a sleeping space and that life can actually go on without the rest.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Tundex911: 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2021
My brother dem and business na 5&6
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Handsomecole(m): 5:27pm On Feb 01, 2021
Some people who already have a covenant with poverty, are busy commenting rubbish , particularly children of yesterday...

That mansion was built and commissioned before even got into any public office long before he even thought of becoming a Governor...

Man was made before going into politics; besides he's converting it to a resort still for business.

You should be asking how did he do it ??

But your covenant with poverty won't allow you.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by buchivik(m): 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2021
younglleo:
This one nah stupid rich man, with olden days sense, thank god his senses are bck, atleast using dat as a resort would be a great idea,
Abeg,the government have refused to help us in dis country, nd ive refused to be killed by hunger, na y i wan sell dis Facebook...I've used it for 8yrs nd e never give me money, if u are interested, jst indicate!
I dey sell am for a better tomoro abeg, make una come buy
How much you dey sell
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by Oshokalo: 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
Blackmen are naturally selfish,even white house no get 36 governor lodge,22 kitchen,76 toilet is it possible 76 people shit at ones
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) by younglleo: 7:13pm On Feb 01, 2021
buchivik:

How much you dey sell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended / President Buhari Lands In Kaduna Airport, Uses Helicopter To Abuja (Video) / Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.