Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,774 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies (3867 Views)

Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Coldplay007(f): 3:53am On Feb 02, 2021
CanadianNaija:

You are such an irresponsible man sha. You mean to tell me that you went ahead and got remarried despite not knowing the whereabouts of your kids?

You don't know about lawyers? Human rights organizations that can get you visitation rights? Nothing? You just moved on with your life and allowed your twins to be separated, not contributing anything to their upkeep, and your excuse is that your wife's family didn't let you.

Tell us again how it happened that your wife, a grown woman was taken by her family from your house just based on here say from her mum? You don't want to say the truth. Well done, let's clap for you for remembering the children now.

100%
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Ishilove: 4:12am On Feb 02, 2021
Saintmary:

For a full grown man and woman to get up from their house, and help their daughter and sister to leave her husband's house, as a reasonable person, won't you wonder what the woman has been experiencing.
She died, her family is grieving, hubby is asking for babies.

Is he not being insensitive?

These people just think judges and family affairs workers are not humans!

I'm not sure we read the same story

4 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Richy4(m): 5:37am On Feb 02, 2021
Coldplay007:

Great idea.. it took too long though.. Mother in law,l came to pick her daughter from you and probably killed her, and you are now raising an issue four years after ..

You are right.. taking so long is where I have to fault him on this matter... He should have been there for them.. Any matter concerning children, I always take it to heart because I like their innocence and someone has to fight for their interest.. They might not even recognise him..and it will be like handing the kids to a total stranger if not well supervised during the handover...

But the man genuinely wants his kids that's the only problem... In as much as I wanted a father to unite with his daughter, If OP is a pushover, and the step mother wants maids and house help and suddenly they remembered the kids, that's where Karma will visit both of them.

2 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Saintmary(f): 6:47am On Feb 02, 2021
Richy4:

I know how attached women are with their babies. (Not wishing the OP dead) but Assuming revise was the case and OP's family took the twins from his wife and she came online and narrated the same thing that op said, will your judgement have been the same? Will you have started questioning what killed the husband?

You as a woman, if someone decides to take your kids while you were alive irrespective of what ever happened, will you be the happiest woman on earth?.. I think there are times to play the gender card. This is not it..A father wants his kids.. that was why he came to ask for suggestions.

Please Stop trying desperately to crucify him... We are not talking about the wife but the kids.

This is the point I'm making, that you don't want to understand, some things have been happening in that marriage, and between the in laws before the woman's passing. That is the hidden fact the man is reluctant to reveal, and since the woman is no longer alive, there's no one to counter his story, let him settle matters with his in laws, instead of looking for a way to force their hand.
How can all the siblings of your late wife, without an exception, how can they all despise you to the extent of keeping your babies from you?

Let us be good, it's not only for today, it's for the future.

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Saintmary(f): 6:49am On Feb 02, 2021
Karleb:

By law, the kids belong to their immediate parents.

You can only take away a kid from their immediate parent if they are not being taken care of.

The man also lost his wife. They even gave him a wrong funeral date after collecting bride price.

How is he being insensitive for demanding for his own kids kwanu? undecided

4 years and you no see your ejima, how body go dey do you?

It is well. I think the man is hiding some vital parts of the story.
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Richy4(m): 8:12am On Feb 02, 2021
Saintmary:

This is the point I'm making, that you don't want to understand, some things have been happening in that marriage, and between the in laws before the woman's passing. That is the hidden fact the man is reluctant to reveal, and since the woman is no longer alive, there's no one to counter his story, let him settle matters with his in laws, instead of looking for a way to force their hand.
How can all the siblings of your late wife, without an exception, how can they all despise you to the extent of keeping your babies from you?

Let us be good, it's not only for today, it's for the future.

If he doesn't want to reveal it to anyone, I don't think we should force him to.. He doesn't owe anyone here an explanation on what transpired between him and his wife.... He needed suggestion on how to get his kids and that's what we are interested in and their welfare too.

Let me ask you this question and I need an honest to God answer of yes or No

Mrs X got married to Mr X who happens to be a mummy's Boy. 3 years into their marriage, the Family of Mr X especially the mother Starts pressurizing her son to leave the marriage because according to her, the wife was mistreating him in that relationship...

A year later, he succumbed to their pressure, took their 3year old baby and work out of that relationship to their family home just to cool off...mind you, they were not divorced.

Some months into their separation he had a heart attack and died... The family would not want to see the wife, they did not allow her to come to the funeral because according to them, she killed him.. and they took the 3year old baby and refused to give the baby to the mother..

Do you think irrespective of what happened, they have that right to deprive the mother of her baby?

4 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by DukeNija(m): 8:24am On Feb 02, 2021
Bola146:

After good four years What were you thinking after a year or two years It's well

Did you read his story? Or you just want to be stupid.

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by JourneytoEL(f): 10:03am On Feb 02, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

This story get as e be but in the mean time let say this.

Did you pay your wife dowry?
Why will they hold your children? I think reporting them to the police or human rights as you said will be better. Unless you didn't pay her dowry complete if not they will hold your children because that how some custom do.

Imagine how one prophet have cause calamity here? Probably he's enjoying at home now. A prophet is not sent to cause problems but to bring break through and warn people going astray to align/amend in God's way. Also you reason why I always stand on the discerning spirit as Christians.. You can't have this spirit and be mislead by all this gullible so called prophet.
this is Nigeria, you don't expect anyone to tell you they went to a herbalist. Whenever people here go to consult herbalists, mediums, covens ,alfas, wolis etc. They round it up as they went to visit a "prophet" for acceptability. It is when you ask for details of the "prophet" they will begin to unravel mysteriesgrin

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Bola146(f): 10:12am On Feb 02, 2021
DukeNija:

Did you read his story? Or you just want to be stupid.
Ask your mother sad

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Saintmary(f): 11:11am On Feb 02, 2021
Richy4:

If he doesn't want to reveal it to anyone, I don't think we should force him to.. He doesn't owe anyone here an explanation on what transpired between him and his wife.... He needed suggestion on how to get his kids and that's what we are interested in and their welfare too.

Let me ask you this question and I need an honest to God answer of yes or No

Mrs X got married to Mr X who happens to be a mummy's Boy. 3 years into their marriage, the Family of Mr X especially the mother Starts pressurizing her son to leave the marriage because according to her, the wife was mistreating him in that relationship...

A year later, he succumbed to their pressure, took their 3year old baby and work out of that relationship to their family home just to cool off...mind you, they were not divorced.

Some months into their separation he had a heart attack and died... The family would not want to see the wife, they did not allow her to come to the funeral because according to them, she killed him.. and they took the 3year old baby and refused to give the baby to the mother..

Do you think irrespective of what happened, they have that right to deprive the mother of her baby?

Hmmm, I understand your point.

But, if the woman has remarried in less than 4 years after his demise, you know the case will be treated differently.

All will be well.

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 02, 2021
Saintmary:

It is well. I think the man is hiding some vital parts of the story.
His story is quite detailed and he included the accusation against him: that one so-called prophet told them he wanted to use her for money rituals. If he had anything to hide he wouldn't have included that part. You're merely trying to pick arguments out of thin air.

2 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by chachanga: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
Saintmary:

Put your emotions aside, so that you can discern the holes in his story.

Then, put yourself in the Grandma's shoes, can you leave your grandchildren in the care of a nursing Stepmom.
Oh sure, that'd certainly be "No" even though no one seems to be seeing things from the standpoint of the law.

Yet, I found their unexplained animosities with him rather disturbing, don't you think?

Makes one wonder if he ever really married her rightly enough to satisfy family and local customs and be seen as a proper son in-law OR if despite having done that, they're the evil in-laws from hell.
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by lilyheaven: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
How were you able to stay this long without setting eyes on your kids? You tried sha.
But you are too cold for my liking, how can a mother in-law maunover you like that. Please wake up from your weaknesses, I’m sure if you ask for help here in this forum, you will see people that will be willing to help you take up the case.
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by samtol4(m): 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sorry for the death of your wife. But your story is incomplete. What happened before they came to take your wife away? If you are in good relationship with your wife , i doubt she will just follow just like that. No doubt your in-law may have some faults but you did not tell us your own fault sir. See human right organizations for help

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by lovelybugs(f): 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
1)No one has the right to take away your children unless it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that your presence is detrimental to their health and well-being.

What your wife's family has done is kidnapping.
You waiting this long before seeking legal redress will not be in your favour sha.

2) After you collect your children back what next? Where will they stay?
Children (especially toddlers and most especially female children) are not toys and properties to own. They require a lot of effort and work to take care of them.
Can you put in that time and effort? Or do you want to collect them back only to throw and distribute them amongst your own extended family?

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Daddyejima4: 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2022
Thank you everyone the issue has been resolved my babies are safe and sound.
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
Daddyejima4:
We were legally married, traditional and church wedding
But your wife left you before having the babies. Why did she leave you? undecided
Daddyejima4:
You say the issue has been resolved, how did you go about it? undecided
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by baby124: 2:56am On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by baby124: 5:00am On Mar 30, 2022
Daddyejima4:
Oh I didn’t see this. Congrats. Old thread I guess.
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 30, 2022
Op it's either you don't have money or you don't have sense.
I'm guessing you're suffering from both.
What that family did is kidnapping. Simple and short.
The kidnapped your daughters and you're here telling stories upon stories.
Anybe you don't have enough money to pursue the case sha. Cos that's the only problem I see.
Follow the advice of that moniker that commented in blue ink.

If you have the funds :
- Go to the police, report a case of kidnapping. Explain everything to them. Put in funds to pursue the case.
- If even have better money, na to go DSS.
- Hire a private investigator to track your kids and keep tabs on their where abouts. Thsi information can be easily shared to the police investigating the case.
- Make sure that wicked family pay dearly for this act of wickedness. The police should arrest everybody arrestable involved in that case.

The position of the law is as clear as daylight. - The custody of children in the event of the death of either parent, lies soley on the shoulders of the other living parent. Unless it is proven that the other parent will be detrimental to the child's life.
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But your wife left you before having the babies. Why did she leave you?
Is it that you did not see where he stated clearly that his mother/brother in-laws too away his wife in his absence due to a prophet accusing him of planning to use her for rituals? His story is very detailed, and from the stand point of the law, his in-laws have no rights to deprive him of his children unless their well-being and safety is not guaranteed with him. Custody starts with immediate parents. At Op, you should have reported this case since. Go to the state command and get your mother Inlaw arrested for the abduction of your late pregnant wife. While she is in custody, they will bring your children.

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Daddyejima4: 9:55am On Mar 30, 2022
princeeze1:

Is it that you did not see where he stated clearly that his mother/brother in-laws too away his wife in his absence due to a prophet accusing him of planning to use her for rituals? His story is very detailed, and from the stand point of the law, his in-laws have no rights to deprive him of his children unless their well-being and safety is not guaranteed with him. Custody starts with immediate parents. At Op, you should have reported this case since. Go to the state command and get your mother Inlaw arrested for the abduction of your late pregnant wife. While she is in custody, they will bring your children.

Thanks for the advice. The issue has been resolved I did the exact same thing I have reported her for child abduction she was arrested and her daughter who had custody of both of my twins came in with the kids. We have come to an agreement with their aunty that I am allowed to see my children every holidays and I will be sending upkeep. The kids will come and stay with me when they are 7 years old. The agreement was signed by both of us and she cannot play with the law or else she will go back to jail.
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 30, 2022
Daddyejima4:

Thanks for the advice. The issue has been resolved I did the exact same thing I have reported her for child abduction she was arrested and her daughter who had custody of both of my twins came in with the kids. We have come to an agreement with their aunty that I am allowed to see my children every holidays and I will be sending upkeep. The kids will come and stay with me when they are 7 years old. The agreement was signed by both of us and she cannot play with the law or else she will go back to jail.
Okay. Good for you.
But why would the kids stay with them for extra three years? What if they maltreat, or emotionally, psychologically or otherwise damage your kids before then?
Na you know sha
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 30, 2022
The deed is done, your wife cannot tell her tales and as it stands that isn’t important anymore. We aren’t celebrating she died, but she doing it in her parents hand absorb you of a thousand blames the evil parents would have heaped on you.We can’t even tell if it is as a result of poor medical attention.
Do all that is within you power and resources to get back your kids, you bore them and no one I repeat no one have any right over them unless you are laid 6 feet under the ground. Go violent if it means to . This is a slap and an insult to your family lineage, you should never allow another family ride over your blood, if you do your ancestors will never be happy with you and if you die your mockery in the world beyond just begin, act fast and set the record straight.
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Daddyejima4: 10:45am On Mar 30, 2022
Kellzzyy:

Okay. Good for you.
But why would the kids stay with them for extra three years? What if they maltreat, or emotionally, psychologically or otherwise damage your kids before then?
Na you know sha

The reason why they have to stay with their aunty is because they don't know me they have been with her for almost 5 years and I am like a stranger to them. They have to bond with me first before I can take custody of them , I don't want to take them away just like that from the people they have known all their life. I am not in a rush I want them to get use to me to feel free around me so when I take them it will not cause any problem between us. So far they are very healthy and clean I am grateful to their aunty for taking good care of my babies.
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Daddyejima4: 10:46am On Mar 30, 2022
stinflame:
The deed is done, your wife cannot tell her tales and as it stands that isn’t important anymore. We aren’t celebrating she died, but she doing it in her parents hand absorb you of a thousand blames the evil parents would have heaped on you.We can’t even tell if it is as a result of poor medical attention.
Do all that is within you power and resources to get back your kids, you bore them and no one I repeat no one have any right over them unless you are laid 6 feet under the ground. Go violent if it means to . This is a slap and an insult to your family lineage, you should never allow another family ride over your blood, if you do your ancestors will never be happy with you and if you die your mockery in the world beyond just begin, act fast and set the record straight.

Thank you this is a old thread the issue have been resolved
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 30, 2022
Daddyejima4:

Thank you this is a old thread the issue have been resolved

Glad it is man, no one should do that to a living man

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Ishilove: 10:53am On Mar 30, 2022
Daddyejima4:
Thank God

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Daddyejima4: 10:53am On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:

Thank God

Amen
Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Saintmary(f): 11:04am On Mar 30, 2022
Daddyejima4:

The reason why they have to stay with their aunty because they don't know me they have been with her for almost 5 years and I am like a stranger to them. They have to bond with me first before I can take custody of them , I don't want to take them away just like that from the people they have known all their life. I am not in a rush I want them to get use to me to feel free around me so when I take them it will not cause any problem between us. So far they are very healthy and clean I am grateful to their aunty for taking good care of my babies.

Congratulations to you on securing access to your kids. I'm glad you found respite at last.

Well, who wants to know background stories anymore as long as everything ends well.

I pray your wife's soul rests in peace.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2022
Daddyejima4:

The reason why they have to stay with their aunty because they don't know me they have been with her for almost 5 years and I am like a stranger to them. They have to bond with me first before I can take custody of them , I don't want to take them away just like that from the people they have known all their life. I am not in a rush I want them to get use to me to feel free around me so when I take them it will not cause any problem between us. So far they are very healthy and clean I am grateful to their aunty for taking good care of my babies.
Alright. All the best man.
But never let your guards down.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Don't Know If I Have Made Mistake In Marriage / Only In America ! (pics) / Ego Sum Custos Fratris Mei Semper!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.