Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) (58712 Views)

Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by biggy26: 11:30am On Feb 02, 2021
Haywiz1122:
Nonsense

So many 15-16 years old in University nowadays and it’s not that they are genius, just for rushing sake.
Nigeria no try at all.
At all, at all. It's so annoying to see babies going to university cos they pass jamb, yet they are not emotionally mature. When you tell their parents, they will think it's bad belle.

1 Like

Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by peacesampson(f): 11:34am On Feb 02, 2021
is ur sister that naive to give out her details? let her meet the bank customer care
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by GoshenNLA(m): 11:34am On Feb 02, 2021
Womanizer:

Forget that rubbish abeg!
E easy to talk
When one hit you, you go come back con give testimony
You think it’s that easy to just they reveal your details to a strange call like that
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by tolugar: 11:45am On Feb 02, 2021
reuben81:
what happen with BVN,which has all ur information, my brother even with NIN the stealing will continue the system is bad already

Bvn is not linked to some sim

And most times they use pos agents so it’s still not traceable
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:51am On Feb 02, 2021
Why didn't you warned your sister when you you knew she has no experience as regards bank account and ATM protection?
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by landproglobal: 11:58am On Feb 02, 2021
Diamondniyi:
This morning, she received a sum #20,000 which is for her food stuffs on campus. Fortunately for her, the bank account is her first bank account to be opened and never knew how Security nums and ATM CARD NUMs work.
She received a call from this scammer(07045504107) demanding for her Security nums and others, she gave all to them. It’s all her mistakes because she never knew how banks work. Please any help to trace the criminal. And any help from nairalanders please. She has been crying since morning

She has learned her lesson.

She can tracked the number but this will cost her more money.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by halogate: 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
undecided. undecided..is it just me or ladies fall for this scam more. Her's makes the 5th undergrad that has fallen victim.
Me..I'm still "waiting" for that call.. their father!!.
Meanwhile..
My major savings acct has no atm or app...only shortcode transfer..I don't use it for any transaction whatsoever.
My transaction acct has atm, but I only put money when I need to transact online. So even if I manage to "fall"...na 100naira dem go see grin grin
Third acct is for general disburses and "send me ur acct"..no atm, no app.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by bamac(m): 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
ipobarethieves:
u knw nothing about those crooks.How dem take knw she opened Acc/knw her bank info?dem Neva do y strong thing
It is not about they never do me strong thing, no be today dem dey call me on such. They don't need your bank name nor account, your ATM details will determine that. Plus, do you know if she also displayed her bank details online for a giveaway like many do here on nairaland?

My bank account details are almost everywhere for Jumia order payment as a Jumia sales consultant that I am, but so far my ATM details, BVN are not outside, it won't be easy for someone to defraid me.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Nfora: 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
sambright2012:
you money is not lost, yes can you hear me very well, that money is not lost. those same scammers are the one commenting forget the money, now take the following steps with patience,

1)write your bank a formal complain, attach screen shot of the transaction, keep a copy with you.
2) go to your bank fraud unit twitter handle, paste same complain attach the screen shot of the transaction, copy cpd and cbn,
3) write a petition to efcc, attach the a bank statement showing the transaction, attach the complain you sent to ur bank, go in person to efcc office follow all procesess and submitt the petition, they will give appointment one month ahead,
4) go to efcc twitter handle paste same petition with all the attachment and send it to them
Note: all possible information you knw about the scammer must be you petition, if you have a whatsapp chat with him before or after the incident print it and attach it.give the process time you will have your money back and the idiot will go face his sins.if it work for me, it can work for you, dont get court order, unless efcc ask you to.

Cost /benefit?
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by yetunsbay(m): 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
Change the card
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by TyroneP(m): 12:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Diamondniyi:
This morning, she received a sum #20,000 which is for her food stuffs on campus. Fortunately for her, the bank account is her first bank account to be opened and never knew how Security nums and ATM CARD NUMs work.
She received a call from this scammer(07045504107) demanding for her Security nums and others, she gave all to them. It’s all her mistakes because she never knew how banks work. Please any help to trace the criminal. And any help from nairalanders please. She has been crying since morning
Obtain a standing order from a court. It should be N1,500. The bank will investigate the fraud and refund the money whenever the fraudster's account is credited. Most people don't know this. Even if the fraudster's account is domiciled in another bank different from yours.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Yankee101: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
They used your debit card. Contact the bank
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Zinpat: 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
She should report 2 her bank to block her ATM card asap. Not certain she could get d fund back cos it was a web transaction. It's a pity.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by adeniyi65(m): 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
DoubleEngine007:
Even with stories and warning everywhere, not to give out bank/ATM details to anyone calling and claiming to be customer care? She is too gullible.
Let her go to her bank ,to see if there is anything they can do for her. Meanwhile, she shouldn't receive any money via that account for now,because those bastards still have her details. She should report to her bank asap. Good luck!
That's the most important information for her now.and about the 20k he/she should just forget.those of you who celebrates online fraud(yahoo).I pray whatever the victim seek from God against you shall come to pass.ameen.

1 Like

Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Femeto: 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
Internet banking and ATM usage is not for everyone.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by odudueffiom(m): 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
naso dem wipe my papa life savings last year ooo...... possibility of getting it back is slim
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Oracleforce: 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
Diamondniyi:

Your sister is a fool....
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
Diamondniyi:

The stolen fund should not be your priority. It is as good as lost.

What you should be worried about right now is the compromised bank account.

Any amount that enters into her account right now will be pilfered with joy. Moreover, the scammers can as well turn it into an account for receiving stolen funds or even ransom which can land your sister in big trouble.

So, report to the bank to secure the account. The card has become useless, but the bank account can still be salvaged.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by veeqocean: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
Have you mistakenly or greedily sent 50k to get 100k in 5 minutes and then later realized that you have been scammed? And the scammer even went on to rub your ignorance on your face too?

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family.

*Copied*
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Missyajoke(f): 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
Lawsimon:

How do you do the confirmatio, please?
If a payment is made my Gmail account will notify me also banks send alerts to me. That's what I do ohh even if the person is arguing I'll go to bank to confirm if the payment has been made. If there isn't any payment and you're saying you made a payment I'll call you out on social media platforms
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by bobochem: 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Report to police and bank.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by shevy878: 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
Molahnelson:
I can't believe that people still the mumu with their bank details

And com imaging say na someone in campus! A student for that matter making common mistake like market women

1 Like

Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by leksonltd: 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
Enough of the insults. You do not know the age of the girl in question and her exposure. The ATM details was obviously used on quickteller App to transfer her money to an account. Search for interswitch antifraud email account. Send them a mail with the above details, requesting they provide you with details of the recipient account. Follow up to the domiciled bank with all details printed out. The recipient account can be blocked/ no debit order can be placed on it. You can get the person, it may take some time though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics / Pretty Nigerian Lady Seen In Viral Video With Bundles Of Naira Notes (pics/vid) / Hauwa Indimi To Wed Muhammad Yar'adua (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.