Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) (58720 Views)

Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
Diamondniyi:
This morning, she received a sum #20,000 which is for her food stuffs on campus. Fortunately for her, the bank account is her first bank account to be opened and never knew how Security nums and ATM CARD NUMs work.
She received a call from this scammer(07045504107) demanding for her Security nums and others, she gave all to them. It’s all her mistakes because she never knew how banks work. Please any help to trace the criminal. And any help from nairalanders please. She has been crying since morning
From the picture, it is an online web payment, I'm not sure of the payment merchant since the picture didn't display that (click on the transaction to expand details). If you do know the payment merchant then you've gotten a lead.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by cappucino925(m): 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
Haywiz1122:
Nonsense

So many 15-16 years old in University nowadays and it’s not that they are genius, just for rushing sake.
Nigeria no try at all.
who is the fool?
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by emeijeh(m): 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Next in line with them nah EcoBank Onitsha Nkpor branch
This guy!
After 10 years you keep bank grudge for mind?!

I hail ooo

1 Like

Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by BruncleZuma: 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
emeijeh:

This guy!
After 10 years you keep bank grudge for mind?!

I hail ooo
grin grin grin grin

Omo those people make me hate EcoBank like how our Muslim brothers hate pork.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by lekki1444: 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
this one is an easy scam not to fall for. the one they used for me ehn ? it was self initiated by me so i didnt think it was a scam. first off let me say i pride myself in being extra careful. secondly i just dont trust nigerians so i never keep more than 50,000 naira in my nigerian account if i can help it. i keep my money in british accounts. in fact most times i try to leave my nigerian account empty and only put money into it as deem fit. fortunately for me on this particular day i only had 1400 naira in it. so the story started like this, i made like 3 failed transactions of like 11000 naira which though the transaction failed but the money was debited from my account. So i went to zenith banks facebook page because i was told on their facebook page they have assistants there who render help, and they really do. Unknown to me this their facebook page has being commandeered by scammers whose user ID is the zenith bank logo, so you will actually think you are talking to a zenith bank representative. i mean how can you suspect scam ? you are the one who went to the zenith facebook page and someone with the zenith logo is speaking to you right ? anyway so this guy said he is very sorry for what happened to me and he will look into the case and he asked me for the account number and date of birth. which i gave him both. next he said he would send me a token number and i should read it back to him which i did. next thing you know i got an alert that 1000 had disappeared from my account. i asked the guy that did he just take 1000 from my account, he said yes and then stopped talking and disappeared.

So in anger i got in my car and drove to zenith bank and explained what happened and they simply said i was lucky that all i had in the account was 1400, that if i had 1 million or whatever amount they would have wiped my account out. that the reason only 1000 was wiped out was because thats all that was there. so i said so is there anything that can be done to trace this guy ? they casually said no. In my mind i am thinking these people are not worried that a scammer is on their facebook page with a zenith logo scamming their customers ? she simply just laughed and said the moneys gone and we cant get the person. thats when i knew that my conviction never to keep any money in my nigerian account was correct. imagine a usa or a british bank knowing a sammer is on their facebookk page with their logo scamming their custtomers ? they will be so angry and will throw the FBI and CIA and interpol on the case and they will fish that person out that is destroying thheir business and tarnishing their name. but zenith bank simply just laughed and told me we cant get him and next time dont give out your details online. not like i was giving out my details to any random person. i was on zenith official facebook page speaking to someone with a zenith logo. ANYWAY THIS MY STORY AND IT HAPPENED 6 DAYS AGO

3 Likes

Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by emeijeh(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
BruncleZuma:

grin grin grin grin

Omo those people make me hate EcoBank like how our Muslim brothers hate pork.
I remember visiting EcoBank (building materials market branc) at Oze/Nkwelle while we were still there.... It was a terrible experience.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by GameGod(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
From the picture, it is an online web payment, I'm not sure of the payment merchant since the picture didn't display that (click on the transaction to expand details). If you do know the payment merchant then you've gotten a lead.
What these yahoo boys do is, first they will subscribe to some online things with the victim's credit card detail, then they will ask for refund with their credit card (there by putting the refund in their bank account), then lastly, they will delete the online profile, making it un traceable. The OP should be lucky it wasn't her tuition fee.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by GameGod(m): 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
iokpebholo:
U may likely not get the help u seek on this platform sir cos a sizeable number of ppl on this forum are either Yahoo boys, fraudsters and criminals.Dont be surprised that even d thief who scammed ur sister is among d ppl commenting right now.Send her another cash and move on sir
See this guy ooo, send her another cash so that the scammers wipe it again? Remember, the scanmers still have the details.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by GameGod(m): 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
lekki1444:
this one is an easy scam not to fall for. the one they used for me ehn ? it was self initiated by me so i didnt think it was a scam. first off let me say i pride myself in being extra careful. secondly i just dont trust nigerians so i never keep more than 50,000 naira in my nigerian account if i can help it. i keep my money in british accounts. in fact most times i try to leave my nigerian account empty and only put money into it as deem fit. fortunately for me on this particular day i only had 1400 naira in it. so the story started like this, i made like 3 failed transactions of like 11000 naira which though the transaction failed but the money was debited from my account. So i went to zenith banks facebook page because i was told on their facebook page they have assistants there who render help, and they really do. Unknown to me this their facebook page has being commandeered by scammers whose user ID is the zenith bank logo, so you will actually think you are talking to a zenith bank representative. i mean how can you suspect scam ? you are the one who went to the zenith facebook page and someone with the zenith logo is speaking to you right ? anyway so this guy said he is very sorry for what happened to me and he will look into the case and he asked me for the account number and date of birth. which i gave him both. next he said he would send me a token number and i should read it back to him which i did. next thing you know i got an alert that 1000 had disappeared from my account. i asked the guy that did he just take 1000 from my account, he said yes and then stopped talking and disappeared.

So in anger i got in my car and drove to zenith bank and explained what happened and they simply said i was lucky that all i had in the account was 1400, that if i had 1 million or whatever amount they would have wiped my account out. that the reason only 1000 was wiped out was because thats all that was there. so i said so is there anything that can be done to trace this guy ? they casually said no. In my mind i am thinking these people are not worried that a scammer is on their facebook page with a zenith logo scamming their customers ? she simply just laughed and said the moneys gone and we cant get the person. thats when i knew that my conviction never to keep any money in my nigerian account was correct. imagine a usa or a british bank knowing a sammer is on their facebookk page with their logo scamming their custtomers ? they will be so angry and will throw the FBI and CIA and interpol on the case and they will fish that person out that is destroying thheir business and tarnishing their name. but zenith bank simply just laughed and told me we cant get him and next time dont give out your details online. not like i was giving out my details to any random person. i was on zenith official facebook page speaking to someone with a zenith logo. ANYWAY THIS MY STORY AND IT HAPPENED 6 DAYS AGO

U mean scammers can wipe account with only account number and date of birth? I think you are missing something from the story.

1 Like

Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by ceeceeuwa: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Goldiano:
And access bank....they have insiders
Exactly! Not too long after I opened an account with Access bank, I got a call from a lady asking me some personal questions about the account. I simply discharged her by saying I'd visit the bank myself to sort any issues if at all there is any.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by lekki1444: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2021
GameGod:

U mean scammers can wipe account with only account number and date of birth? I think you are missing something from the story.
phone number
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by RemiDogCare(f): 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Smartjob1(f): 2:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
You can recover the money. Follow these steps:
1. Write to the bank and copy cbn. Tell them that you didn't authorize the transaction and give details of what happened that day.
2. Get a police report or court injunction to get the details of the phone number and or account details the money was transferred to.
3. Follow it up. It may take a while but the money will be returned.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by stonecoldcafe: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2021
Diamondniyi:
This morning, she received a sum #20,000 which is for her food stuffs on campus. Fortunately for her, the bank account is her first bank account to be opened and never knew how Security nums and ATM CARD NUMs work.
She received a call from this scammer(07045504107) demanding for her Security nums and others, she gave all to them. It’s all her mistakes because she never knew how banks work. Please any help to trace the criminal. And any help from nairalanders please. She has been crying since morning

Food stuff on campus meaning she is at the university! How can't she not know about such a simple bank scam? Shocked. She must have lived a sheltered life.
Well she willing gave her details so it's not the bank's fault cry
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by GameGod(m): 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
stonecoldcafe:

Food stuff on campus meaning she is at the university! How can't she not know about such a simple bank scam? Shocked. She must have lived a sheltered life.
Well she willing gave her details so it's not the bank's fault cry
I think she's like 16 years old and doesn't browse social media alot
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Oluwaseun2020(m): 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
saajus:
Sorry, Bro. It's sad that those bad boys didn't allow you enjoy your Christmas. I hope you've recovered from it.

That's why we all need to collectively keep condemning yahoo boys activities. I discovered Nigerians condemn yahoo activities less because most of those boys victims are foreigners. I believe those guys will massively pounce on locals if the foreign countries keep tightening things.

True bro... they are already back home.... most people just dont know yet... any single mistake will be catastrophic. We dont need to wait for this useless government. ..we must all be extra careful.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by N3wman: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2021
Diamondniyi:

Oga, I doubt if this is the work of a scammer, I believe this is the work of someone that knows her and maybe even stays with her. The time she recieved the alert and the withdrawal time is too close for it to be an outsider.

From the look of this, this is an Opay transaction, the person linked your sisters card to an Opay account, I guess the linking was the #15 transaction, then the subsequent once followed.

I said Opay because the minimum of card funding on Opay is #10 and the maximum is #9999.

What to do? First thing first, block your card. That's the only thing because I doubt the bank can do anything

1 Like

Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Geopex(m): 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
There's nothing she can do to recover the money. She should visit her bank to block the atm details and all relevant stuffs asap
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Geopex(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
Can't recover the money since is tru pos. It happened to sister of mine late last yr. She should just block the atm on her acct. Those that called her knew what they are doing, she revealed her details and collect money from atm point.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Geopex(m): 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Diamondniyi:

I think there's way out since is web purchase
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by bayogbite(m): 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
Heman7:
go to the bank and complain, the could trace the account number and the name
She should forget it,only a dullard should be duped like that but it happens take heart. Next time know that anything pin or password belong to you only,no one else has right to know, not even bank CEO...
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
lekki1444:
phone number

So you mean scammer took your money after you gave him only account no, date of birth and phone no?

You think we are fools?
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by highness25(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
post=98651167:
Get In Touch With , We Cover Everything In Nigeria
And una no cover this girl account make theifs no collect her money? Wetin una wan come cover?
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by lekki1444: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
LagosInter:

So you mean scammer took your money after you gave him only account no, date of birth and phone no?

You think we are fools?
thats exactly what happened bro
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by omoakin22: 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
bank not even safe again
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by luckingto50: 5:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
Just learn your lesson never to divulge any of your bank details to anybody because your bank can't help you. What you will hear from your bank is 'we can't do anything'
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by BRATISLAVA: 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
greggng:
If your sister is a Nigerian , then she is not a smart Nigerian . Even my dog knows about scammers . Such a dull person can only be useful in insulting people ... I am talking from experience ...

Give more of such details from your experience I.e. more details/experience of dull people insulting people. This one is funny and appears to be an event that you only witnessed once.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by mechanics(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
She shouldn't have given out her security pin,the bank won't do anything to retrieve the cash, next time she will learn to be security conscious.
Re: My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) by NaijaCover(m): 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
highness25:
And una no cover this girl account make theifs no collect her money? Wetin una wan come cover?

Look at my username bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics / Pretty Nigerian Lady Seen In Viral Video With Bundles Of Naira Notes (pics/vid) / Hauwa Indimi To Wed Muhammad Yar'adua (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.