Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved (377 Views)

10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud / Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 02, 2021
24 Verses on Eternal Security of the Believer

1. Eph 1:13 kjv - “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”

2. Eph 4:30 kjv - “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”

3. John 5:39 kjv – “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

4. John 5:24 kjv - “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

5. John 6:68 kjv – “Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.”

6. John 17:2 kjv “As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.”

7. Rom 5:21 kjv – “That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.”

8. Rom 6:23 kjv “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

9. Eph 3:11 kjv “According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:”

10. Titus 1:2 kjv – “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;”

11. Titus 3:7 kjv – “That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”

12. 1 John 2:25 kjv – “And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.”

13. 1 John 5:11 kjv – “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.”

14. John 3:15-16 kjv – “That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

15. John 3:36 kjv – “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

16. John 4:14 kjv – “But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”

17. John 6:40 kjv – “nd this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

18. John 6:47 kjv – “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

19. 1 Tim 1:16 kjv – “Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.”

20. 2 Tim 2:10-13 kjv – “Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.”

21. Jude 24 kjv – “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,”

22. Rom 8:38-39 kjv – “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

23. 1 Thess 5:23-24 kjv – “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

24. Phil 1:21,23 kjv – “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:”

Salvation is a free gift, not by works (Eph 2:8-9 kjv). Your works of righteousness will never take you to Heaven. Paul was telling the Jews the same thing in (Rom 10:1-2 kjv) "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge."

You can't lose your salvation. Once Saved Always Saved. Let no man deceive you.
Re: 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by densiks: 9:12am On Feb 02, 2021
Friend,don’t be deceived ,you can lose your salvation if you don’t keep to the principles of the scripture in abiding, obedience and reverence.

I’ll drop these few scriptures for your careful study and consideration.

Philippians 2;12

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV

[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

[5] And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, d and put him to an open shame. …

Also,

Romans 11:21-25 KJV
[21] For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. [22] Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. [23] And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. [24] For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? [25] For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; r that blindness s in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. …

And,

Hebrews 3:12-14 KJV
[12] Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. [13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14] For we are h made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; …

Finally,

1 Corinthians 10:1-12 KJV
[1] … Moreover, brethren, I would a not that ye should be ignorant, b how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; [2] And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; [3] And did all eat the same spiritual meat; [4] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. [5] But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. [6] Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. [7] Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. [8] Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. [9] Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. [10] Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. [11] Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. [12] Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. …

Therefore the doctrine of once saved forever saved is unscriptural and from the pit of hell.

No one should be deceived thereby.

May God give you understanding and guide you to stay in him until eternity and not stray by every wind of false doctrine.
Selah

2 Likes

Re: 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2021
densiks:
Friend,don’t be deceived ,you can lose your salvation if you don’t keep to the principles of the scripture in abiding, obedience and reverence.

May God give you understanding and guide you to stay in him until eternity and not stray by every wind of false doctrine.
Selah

No need for me to come on here to correct you because there is nothing I say will ever make you change your dirty mind. You pick a verse that suits your physical needs, and throw away 24 verses I listed here specially addressed to Christians, not the Hebrews or Jews. If you know nothing about the Bible, just keep your mouth shut. (Prov 17:28 kjv) "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
Re: 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by densiks: 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2021
iyambz:

No need for me to come on here to correct you because there is nothing I say will ever make you change your dirty mind. You pick a verse that suits your physical needs, and throw away 24 verses I listed here specially addressed to Christians, not the Hebrews or Jews. If you know nothing about the Bible, just keep your mouth shut. (Prov 17:28 kjv) "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Did you say you are Christian?

Sadly you don’t sound like one.

Scripture says in Matthew 7:19-20 KJV
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. [20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. …

AND

Galatians 5:19-20 KJV
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, i which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, j [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, l emulations, m wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, …

You are indulging in heresy and my love based approach to correct you met your reaction which is steeped in strife and subtle witchcraft.

The truth of any doctrine or teaching is not in the number of scriptures you quote but in the balance of truth that you can draw from it.

My duty was simply to correct you as enshrined in
2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

and save ignorant people from being deceived by your ignorance and shallowness of scriptural mastery.

Your personal insults hurled at me means nothing because I’m only a messenger of truth.

Once again may God help you to learn,understand and follow the truth.

Selah

1 Like

Re: 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
densiks:

Did you say you are Christian?

Sadly you don’t sound like one.

Scripture says in Matthew 7:19-20 KJV
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. [20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. …

AND

Galatians 5:19-20 KJV
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, i which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, j [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, l emulations, m wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, …

You are indulging in heresy and my love based approach to correct you met your reaction which is steeped in strife and subtle witchcraft.

The truth of any doctrine or teaching is not in the number of scriptures you quote but in the balance of truth that you can draw from it.

My duty was simply to correct you as enshrined in
2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

and save ignorant people from being deceived by your ignorance and shallowness of scriptural mastery.

Your personal insults hurled at me means nothing because I’m only a messenger of truth.

Once again may God help you to learn,understand and follow the truth.

Selah

(Prov 13:10) only by pride cometh contention. The proud don’t know facts, even if they know, they wont accept it. They don’t care about what God says. Lose your salvation my foot. You think God is a human who will give you a gift and take it back. The problem with people like you is that you think that one can lose his salvation and get it back, but the context from Heb 6 you quoted shows that you can't get the salvation back.

Lets see what the Bible says about people like you and that one that calls himself daddyfreeze. (1 Tim 6:3-5 kjv) "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

If God's words are written in your heart, and you know them in your heart, and you see a man teaching heresy, the last thing you will do is to try to correct him. That:s wisdom. why? Because the Bible said that they will increase to more ungodliness. Now you are coming here to show me you know the Bible. You better humble yourself and go to that Book with humility and let the Bible speak to you.
Re: 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by Eviana(f): 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
densiks:

Philippians 2;12

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, d and put him to an open shame. …

Also,

[21] For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. [22] Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. [23] And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. [24] For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? [25] For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; r that blindness s in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. …

And,

[12] Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. [13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14] For we are h made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; …

Finally,

[1] … Moreover, brethren, I would a not that ye should be ignorant, b how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; [2] And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; [3] And did all eat the same spiritual meat; [4] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. [5] But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. [6] Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. [7] Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. [8] Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. [9] Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. [10] Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. [11] Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. [12] Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. …

Therefore the doctrine of once saved forever saved is unscriptural and from the pit of hell.

Selah

Well written....
Re: 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by densiks: 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
Eviana:

Well written....
God bless you

1 Like

Re: 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by shadeyinka(m): 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
densiks:

Philippians 2;12

Also,

And,

Finally,

Selah
A question please:
1. What can make a genuine Christian loose his salvation?
2. If a Christian happen to loose his salvation, can God give him a new one?

Thank you
Re: 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by Image123(m): 11:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
iyambz:
24 Verses on Eternal Security of the Believer
Not too sure i got your point on posting 24 verse. If i were to post 24 verses that do not support once saved, forever saved. What would be your reaction?

1. Eph 1:13 kjv - “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”

Don't see what this verse has to do with eternal security. Being sealed is a mark. God sealed His people in Goshen. They later disbelieved Him and perished in the wilderness. The majority never got to Canaan.

2. Eph 4:30 kjv - “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”

Same as 1. You are sealed UNTO not until that you may read. You are sealed UNTO or FOR. Man was made FOR or UNTO God's purpose, the majority of man is not fulfilling God's purpose.

3. John 5:39 kjv – “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

What does this have to do with eternal security? All christians believe in having eternal life, the bone of contention is IF eternal life can be lost or not.

4. John 5:24 kjv - “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

The Scripture is true but does not say we are forever saved. It says we have everlasting life. Anyone that has eternal life will not come to condemnation. Anyone that loses eternal life loses the immunity.

5. John 6:68 kjv – “Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.”

6. John 17:2 kjv “As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.”

7. Rom 5:21 kjv – “That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.”

You seem to be mistaking eternal life for not losing it. Salvation is a gift, and like every other gift can be lost.

8. Rom 6:23 kjv “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Oh, just when i was talking about the gift. The wages of sin is death. If you sin, you die. Having eternal life does not stop you from commiting adultery or fornication. Your watchfulness does, otherwise no need to watch since you have eternal life any way. The wages of sin is death, not eternal life.

9. Eph 3:11 kjv “According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:”

It is an eternal purpose but man has to follow the purpose to the end. It is the one that endures to the end that will be saved. While God will never leave us, the fact is that we can leave Him. That is free will.

10. Titus 1:2 kjv – “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;”

11. Titus 3:7 kjv – “That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”

12. 1 John 2:25 kjv – “And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.”

13. 1 John 5:11 kjv – “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.”

14. John 3:15-16 kjv – “That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

Most of the confusion seems to be coming from the word "eternal life". Eternal life is God's gift, God's life which He gives us when we receive and believe Him. We have that life as long as we ABIDE in Him. He does not cage us like evil spirits usually do. If you have had experience of dealing with possessed people, you will clearly see this. Man has his own free will. Once you are set/ready to leave, there is nothing much any spirit can do about it. You have your own free will.

15. John 3:36 kjv – “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

You must have seen a backslider before, right? There are people who stopped believing God and even become complete agnostics and atheists. They do not have eternal life. They are like Judas.

16. John 4:14 kjv – “But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”

17. John 6:40 kjv – “nd this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

18. John 6:47 kjv – “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

19. 1 Tim 1:16 kjv – “Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.”

Most of what you have quoted have to do with eternal life. Every normal christian believe in having eternal life so nothing much to say against that. Like i said, the issue is whether that eternal life gift can be lost or not.

20. 2 Tim 2:10-13 kjv – “Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.”

Very clear. IF we deny Him, He will also deny us. You cannot deny Him and think otherwise.

21. Jude 24 kjv – “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,”

Like it has been explained, i will reiterate. He will only keep you as long as you keep yourself. If he that standeth does not take heed, he will fall. It is the same Bible that reveals that. But as long as we keep trusting in Him and never give up, He will keep us till the end.

22. Rom 8:38-39 kjv – “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

This is a persuasion we all share. No event can shake us or separate us from God. We are the ones who can separate ourselves. That is why the same events can happen to two christians and you will see one backslide while the other one remains steadfast. It shows that it was not really the event but the man. Two people got promoted, one became serious with God, the other became unserious. Two people had a miscarriage, one drew closer to God, the other one's faith fell. Same event, different decisions.

23. 1 Thess 5:23-24 kjv – “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

We all pray so. Demas was probably among those in Thessalonica. He loved the present world and became an enemy of God.

24. Phil 1:21,23 kjv – “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:”

??

Salvation is a free gift, not by works (Eph 2:8-9 kjv). Your works of righteousness will never take you to Heaven. Paul was telling the Jews the same thing in (Rom 10:1-2 kjv) "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge."

You can't lose your salvation. Once Saved Always Saved. Let no man deceive you.

Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 
Your work does not save you but it matters in the afterlife.

Rev 22:19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 

God is not a respecter of persons, neither does He lie. God takes away some people's part OUT OF the book of life. He clearly did it for Judas, and says He will do it again in this verse. God bless you and keep us ready for His coming.
Re: 24 Verses On Once Saved Always Saved by Eviana(f): 12:57am On Feb 03, 2021
This was beautifully & thoroughly explained.
I was gonna talk about the confusion that you addressed about the gift of salvation vs. losing it.
Tremendously explained...
I hope the OP will prayerfully read && study this

Image123:

Not too sure i got your point on posting 24 verse. If i were to post 24 verses that do not support once saved, forever saved. What would be your reaction?

Don't see what this verse has to do with eternal security. Being sealed is a mark. God sealed His people in Goshen. They later disbelieved Him and perished in the wilderness. The majority never got to Canaan.

Same as 1. You are sealed UNTO not until that you may read. You are sealed UNTO or FOR. Man was made FOR or UNTO God's purpose, the majority of man is not fulfilling God's purpose.

What does this have to do with eternal security? All christians believe in having eternal life, the bone of contention is IF eternal life can be lost or not.

The Scripture is true but does not say we are forever saved. It says we have everlasting life. Anyone that has eternal life will not come to condemnation. Anyone that loses eternal life loses the immunity.

You seem to be mistaking eternal life for not losing it. Salvation is a gift, and like every other gift can be lost.

Oh, just when i was talking about the gift. The wages of sin is death. If you sin, you die. Having eternal life does not stop you from commiting adultery or fornication. Your watchfulness does, otherwise no need to watch since you have eternal life any way. The wages of sin is death, not eternal life.

It is an eternal purpose but man has to follow the purpose to the end. It is the one that endures to the end that will be saved. While God will never leave us, the fact is that we can leave Him. That is free will.

Most of the confusion seems to be coming from the word "eternal life". Eternal life is God's gift, God's life which He gives us when we receive and believe Him. We have that life as long as we ABIDE in Him. He does not cage us like evil spirits usually do. If you have had experience of dealing with possessed people, you will clearly see this. Man has his own free will. Once you are set/ready to leave, there is nothing much any spirit can do about it. You have your own free will.

You must have seen a backslider before, right? There are people who stopped believing God and even become complete agnostics and atheists. They do not have eternal life. They are like Judas.

Most of what you have quoted have to do with eternal life. Every normal christian believe in having eternal life so nothing much to say against that. Like i said, the issue is whether that eternal life gift can be lost or not.

Very clear. IF we deny Him, He will also deny us. You cannot deny Him and think otherwise.

Like it has been explained, i will reiterate. He will only keep you as long as you keep yourself. If he that standeth does not take heed, he will fall. It is the same Bible that reveals that. But as long as we keep trusting in Him and never give up, He will keep us till the end.

This is a persuasion we all share. No event can shake us or separate us from God. We are the ones who can separate ourselves. That is why the same events can happen to two christians and you will see one backslide while the other one remains steadfast. It shows that it was not really the event but the man. Two people got promoted, one became serious with God, the other became unserious. Two people had a miscarriage, one drew closer to God, the other one's faith fell. Same event, different decisions.

We all pray so. Demas was probably among those in Thessalonica. He loved the present world and became an enemy of God.

??

Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 
Your work does not save you but it matters in the afterlife.

Rev 22:19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 

God is not a respecter of persons, neither does He lie. God takes away some people's part OUT OF the book of life. He clearly did it for Judas, and says He will do it again in this verse. God bless you and keep us ready for His coming.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Pray With You / Matthew 6:25-28 Vs Proverbs 24:32-33 / A Message Of Warning To The Nations on Israel : Book Of Joel, Chapter 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.