Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back (602 Views)

Leaked Chat: "Black Guys Have Low Self-esteem And Love Us" - White Girl / We Love Each Other But He Stays In One Room / See the stuffs a Girl I Don't Love Bought For Me -photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by Flolovtri(f): 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2021
Guy A and I has known each other for two years now(on and off dating). Recently he was off WhatsApp to because of exams and didn't want distractions. I do take breaks from socials too but I didn't this time because I didn't want to lose any information regarding school. Meanwhile we attend same school but different campuses.

Guy B and I attend same religious gathering,he had my number one time but we barely chat so recently again he collected it and I guessed maybe he replaced it the first time. Now,Guy B always chat me up,no matter how I try to ignore, he'd chat me up just to say hi and know how my day went.

Now,Guy A is back on WhatsApp and doesn't even chat,I called him regularly when he was offline and now I believed he only use to pick to fulfill all righteous and not because he wants to. This Guy B is trying hard to get my attention,he even calls,text regularly. I'm trying to withdraw from Guy B because I know I have a commitment with Guy A. Since yesterday Guy A has not texted or called me. Guy B has called me thrice,sent me multiple messages and VN's.

I'm trying to fix things with Guy A but it just looks like I'm forcing things,you talk and talk and yet nothing changes. I really don't know what to do, because Guy B is getting really close to me and sincerely it scares me.
Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by Kriss216: 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
Stay where you are.

Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by Flolovtri(f): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Stay where you are.

Hahaha,why is this funny �

He spoke about his GF breaking up with him recently and that got me even scared maybe he's looking for where to numb his pain and not like he likes me. O su mi o
Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by Kriss216: 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
Flolovtri:

Hahaha,why is this funny �

He spoke about his GF breaking up with him recently and that got me even scared maybe he's looking for where to numb his pain and not like he likes me. O su mi o
I just don't want to say what's on my mind. lol
Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by Legalcriminal: 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ignore both, guy C is still coming for you.
Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by Flolovtri(f): 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
Legalcriminal:
Ignore both, guy C is still coming for you.

Hahaha

Shey?
Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by Adetunjiidris(m): 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
Here comes Guy C���
Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by helinues: 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
Take your time before moving on
Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by jeff1607(m): 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
Adetunjiidris:
Here comes Guy C���

Guy D is waiting his turn
Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by PrettyBunny(f): 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
Any relationship that gives a reason to feel like you are not doing enough, stresses you emotionally and drains you psychologically is not good for your mental health and peace of mind.

At this point, you should define where you stand with both guy A and guy B. Most times, what we want are not always the best options for us. Make decisions that would make you happy. No human should be stressing you in 2021; whether man or woman.

Make decisions that are best suitable for your mental health and peace of mind. And there is nobody you can not move on from and no relationship is ever too hard to leave. Do not waste your time and worth on a man that does know or value your worth.

1 Like

Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
Such is life. Unrequited love is one of the most painful experience one could pass through.

You keep imagining what you both could have become, you're unsure if holding on a bit will make him love you back, every phone call and text seems like an affirmation that your beloved is responding positively, except that it's just a flash and the beginning of other rounds of being ignored. You may even saw your beloved being treated unfairly by others who don't love him, and you just keep wondering why he can't see that you'll treat him far better than he ever had.

How to get off this self-inflicted dilemma is to first accept that some people will just not feel attracted to you. It doesn't matter how delicious an orange is, some people just don't like it. It doesn't mean the fruit is bad, it is just personal preferences. Secondly, you should move on. Yes, that's what must be done. Expecting someone to love you is like beating a dead horse, it's futile. Moving on will make you reclaim your esteem, it's self-respect, and opens you up to more options, and as they say, every disappointment is a blessing in disguise.

Lastly, and most importantly, make sure you love yourself. It's true. You must have heard it a lot of times that "you can not love someone if you do not love yourself". To paraphrase, I'll say that " if you do not treat yourself like someone you loved, others will mirror it and treat you as such". So you must lead by example, and walking away from a place you're not honoured and welcomed. To love someone, you must be comfortable with the fact that you may not be their choice.

Even if your beloved will not feel attracted to you, they will respect you and see your value. They might try to even take you seriously because no one voluntarily let value slip off their hands. They might realise your value when you're gone, and it may happen that you've met someone better and cant goes back. It may not be instant, but if you do things right, it usually turns out for your favour. It's hard, but in the decisions of life, one needs wisdom, not emotions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Ones We Love Don't Love Us Back by iRepNaija1: 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2021
I'm confused. How do you have a commitment with Guy A when he doesn't reach out to talk or text with you? You never have to question whether a guy is into you or not, look at Guy B always reaching out. You know he's interested because it shows in his actions. As for Guy A, leave him alone, focus on your hobbies, friends, and other men you're interested in (it doesn't have to be Guy B). Once you focus on yourself, you won't be worrying about what Guy A is doing. Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Missing Someone U Love / Nairalanders,please Share Your Heartbreak Experience & What You Did To Get Over / Swallow The Pride And Speak Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.