Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Recommend Competent Mechanics And Rewires You Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Recommend Competent Mechanics And Rewires You Know (389 Views)

Mercedes Benz Mechanics And Experienced Users Please Advice!!! / 6 Ways To Avoid Being Ripped Off By Nigerian Mechanics / Why Do Mechanics And Panel Beaters Always Steal Catalyst In SUV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend Competent Mechanics And Rewires You Know by Sharmeenator(m): 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2021
Greetings to everyone! I have been an avid reader and follower of this section for years and I have gotten a great deal of knowledge over the years. Kudos to all the professionals in the house by the way! If I can speak for the average car owners, one of the biggest challenges is finding a good competent mechanic and rewire.

All around us are "Kazeems" (Road-side Mechanics) who to be honest can be really helpful and dreadful at the same time. Majority have fallen victims to these guys and more will still fall. Getting a moderately priced professional mechanic who is knowledgeable and fully setup with the right gadgets is truly difficult. Over the years I have tried to get my cars properly looked after by a competent professional but I couldn't find any around me who would accept me for who I am. I went to Honda Place couple of times but ran off without looking back.

When my former car, a Honda Accord Baby boy was developing a persistent mechanical issue then, I called a popular professional here, but he told me point-blank that he doesn't do cars older than 2002. I upgraded to a 2003 Civic about 3 years ago, I called him recently to book an appointment, but he declined saying he doesn't work on Cars older than 2010 and wouldn't recommend anyone that does. To be candid, he has every right to set standards for himself and I truly respect that. In lieu of that, I implore any professional reading this that we all want to use the latest rides, unfortunately the economic situation of this country is not helping. You guys should accommodate we older cars users in your planning.

I urge everyone here who has contacts of really good professional mechanics and rewire with the right diagnostic tools to kindly use this medium to recommend. I also urge the professionals here too to use this thread to tell the public where to find them or share their contacts so we can patronize.
Re: Recommend Competent Mechanics And Rewires You Know by aieromon(m): 10:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sharmeenator:

When my former car, a Honda Accord Baby boy was developing a persistent mechanical issue then, I called a popular professional here, but he told me point-blank that he doesn't do cars older than 2002. I upgraded to a 2003 Civic about 3 years ago, I called him recently to book an appointment, but he declined saying he doesn't work on Cars older than 2010 and wouldn't recommend anyone that does.

Quite frankly, you and your neighbourhood Kazeem should be able to maintain that vehicle.

The difference between the "roadside" Kazeem and Google Kazeem is access to current information. You can fill that void.
Re: Recommend Competent Mechanics And Rewires You Know by aieromon(m): 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sharmeenator:

I urge everyone here who has contacts of really good professional mechanics and rewire with the right diagnostic tools to kindly use this medium to recommend. I also urge the professionals here too to use this thread to tell the public where to find them or share their contacts so we can patronize.

Will you be willing to spend as much as ₦15,000 to run a diagnostics scan on an 18-year-old vehicle?
Re: Recommend Competent Mechanics And Rewires You Know by Sharmeenator(m): 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
aieromon:

Will you be willing to spend as much as ₦15,000 to run a diagnostics scan on an 18-year-old vehicle?
Of course if it's worth it. I know pros are more expensive. I'm ready to pay higher for better services

(1) (Reply)

Bid LIVE On Copart And SHIP To Nigeria - Copart Official Broker - Cars From USA / Bid LIVE On Copart And SHIP To Nigeria - Copart Official Broker - Cars From USA / Bid LIVE On Copart And SHIP To Nigeria - Copart Official Broker - Cars From USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.