Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,692 members, 7,840,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Jeff Bezos To Step Down As Amazon CEO After 26 Years At The Helm - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jeff Bezos To Step Down As Amazon CEO After 26 Years At The Helm (306 Views)

Kunle Afolayan His Father, Ade Love 26 Years After Death (Photo) / Lekki Massacre: Davido Tells President Buhari To Resign "Game Over, Step Down" / ₦5.3Billion: Inside 26-Years-Old Ariana Grande's New Home In California(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeff Bezos To Step Down As Amazon CEO After 26 Years At The Helm by Gistlobby: 7:40am On Feb 03, 2021
The world's richest man, Jeff Bezos will step down as Amazon CEO later this year and transition to the role of executive chair, the company has announced.

According to the February 2 announcement, Bezos will be replaced by Andy Jassy.

Bezos has been Amazon's CEO since its founding in 1995 and grew the company from an online bookseller into a $1.7 trillion global retail and logistics Heavyweight.

His replacement, Jassy has worked for Amazon since 1997 and currently serves as CEO of the company's cloud business, Amazon Web Services..

Bezos said in a letter to employees Tuesday that he is excited to take the next step.

"Being the CEO of Amazon is a deep responsibility, and it's consuming," Bezos wrote.

"When you have a responsibility like that, it's hard to put attention on anything else. As Exec Chair I will stay engaged in important Amazon initiatives but also have the time and energy I need to focus on the Day 1 Fund, the Bezos Earth Fund, Blue Origin, The Washington Post, and my other passions. I've never had more energy, and this isn't about retiring. I'm super passionate about the impact I think these organizations can have."

The news came as part of Amazon's fourth-quarter earnings report.

The company's stock has grown nearly 69% over the past year.

Source:
https://gistlobby.com.ng/2021/02/03/jeff-bezos-to-step-down-as-amazon-ceo-after-26-years-at-the-helm/

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Jeff Bezos To Step Down As Amazon CEO After 26 Years At The Helm by chatinent: 7:41am On Feb 03, 2021
Good one.
Re: Jeff Bezos To Step Down As Amazon CEO After 26 Years At The Helm by LawLab247: 7:42am On Feb 03, 2021
Wow
Re: Jeff Bezos To Step Down As Amazon CEO After 26 Years At The Helm by CrazyBen(m): 7:54am On Feb 03, 2021
I'm the new CEO o

(1) (Reply)

Watch Odumejeje, E-money Kcee, With Onwa Dancing / Is Obafemi Martins Truly Popular Internationally Than Burna Boy? / Wizkid Promotes/reposts Taylor And Artiste On Instagram From His Good Heart.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.