Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off (70962 Views)

LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) / Bus Driver Fights With LASTMA Officials After Passing One Way In Sabo, Ikorodu / One Dead As Mechanic Bashes Man's Car While Driving It To His Workshop. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
tsdarkside:
you know the laws and still broke it....no excuse....
nobody can force you to break laws....

in court,she has no chance,no point....
What laws? Majority of Lagos roads are bribe traps. So many missing signs and they can arrest you at will... Please I don't think you reside in Lagos, or maybe you're a Lastma official. How many danfo have they arrested? It's private vehicle owners they like to harass...

I was dropped off at Oshodi, in front of a commercial vehicle that stopped at the same spot, task force chose to leave the commercial bus and took our own vehicle to Ikorodu where I coughed out 20k unplanned money. That's not law please...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by AmuRubber(m): 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
Charmingrascal:

You support this tout like behavior? Feminism is not thuggery or touting.

Na wa o!

U think say d creature wey u quote get sense?
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by onuman: 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
sapphiere:
Woman creates a scene as she climbs on roof of car to prevent LASTMA officials from driving it off

A woman created a scene along a busy road in Lagos after she and her male companion were stopped by LASTMA officials who tried to seize their car.

The woman refused to allow the LASTMA official who had slid into the driver's seat to zoom off with the car. She climbed onto the car's bonnet and ignored pleas from passersby asking her to get down.

Voices in the background are heard saying "they followed one-way".

The male companion is heard explaining what happened. He said that when they got to a point along the road, they were asked to make a turn and when they did, the colleagues of the same LASTMA officials who asked them to turn came and stopped them and seized their car.

The man is soon heard calling the woman "Madam V" while asking her to come down from the car but she refused and climbed from the bonnet to the roof of the car.

She is later seen inside the car, struggling for the car keys with the uniformed LASTMA officer to prevent him from driving off with their car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0FAW5Qs0dU

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/2/woman-creates-a-scene-as-she-climbs-on-roof-of-car-to-prevent-lastma-officials-from-driving-it-off.html

Madam, you know your rights as a motorist. Surugedee.

Those LASTMA people inside your car are ignorant of the law. You can even charge them for trespass and stealing in your car.

A last, sue LASTMA for time they wasted you and the public opprobrium they brought to you.

The most important thing is that your car must have valid insurance policy and road worthy then.

1 Like

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2021
sapphiere:
Gone are the days we allowed men ride on us like machines.
Na you post'am, na you still dey hail'am. if I catch you eeh.
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Cutiekatty: 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2021
tsdarkside:

They didn't break the law, they ask for direction and a lastma official told them to make a u-turn and another came to arrest them for traffic violation. This is the new trend for Lagos state officials now, even at the airport its happening. These bad element abuse the law or hide within the law to oppress others, after we all will be shouting bad government but we are part of the problem

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Bobyro: 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
sapphiere:
Lol. Women are taking over
LOL what the hell are you saying? Women have always been in power and it isn't unusual, you keep ranting about how the future is female. Ogbeni say something else

1 Like

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
Na you post'am, na you still dey hail'am. if I catch you eeh.

1 Like

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by ALISMILE(m): 10:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
decatalyst:
There was a country.

It seems people wey normal for this country no reach 15 again.

No thanks to bubu undecided
The day ur prick refuse to raise I'll not be surprised if you say na bubu cos am
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
I paid 20k last week for this shit at airport, one ways things

1 Like

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by arsenal444(m): 10:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
Womanizer:

He did no see anything, she was wearing undies grin
Dat undies fit make d man Arsenal stand
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by hardbody: 10:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
chatinent:
LASTMA are robbers.

I remember plying one route in Isheri, going to Toun Dada.

I noticed these guys told a vehicle to turn, immediately baba turned, dem say na one way.

I can quite relate with this. They encouraged me one night to use the off road from FRSC office at Ojodu to turn into the street by the left 9WHere theu have Solid Rock Hospital). Unknown to me, one of them was at the other extreme and in any case it was by their express directive. Well, I gave that idiot the choice of jumping off or getting knocked down. He exercised the right choice else he would have long been buried. When I had properly parked on the right side of the road I came down to find out how many nuts had unscrewed in their heads. They said i should go with my wahala. Criminals.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by jaxxy(m): 10:37pm On Feb 03, 2021
tsdarkside:

There are many abusive and draconian laws in Lagos state. Like auctions traffic defaulters vehicles. That’s criminal.
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by HopeVictor(m): 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
TANID:
and We Go still dey ride them Till jesus will Comes Back cheesy
I no dey see my comment again..nawa oh
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Btruth: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
decatalyst:
There was a country.

they pass 15, but they no reach 20.
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by mysteriousD: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Sometimes when driving in lagos and you are not too sure if the road is one way or not...the same guy who you ask politely if its one way is part of a family waiting to arrest you if you take that route very common in oshodi. This people are just terrible.it can be very annoying..

Charmingrascal:

I am not a tout and I will never support this irresponsible act.
That was somebody's mother and wife acting like an agbero.

It is so shameful
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Duridadi: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
sapphiere:
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by aryzgreat: 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2021
Now they auction vehicles arrested for one way, these criminal LASTMA will be setting trap for JJC to fall into and forfeit their cars to auctions which they buy through friends

1 Like

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by HopeVictor(m): 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
sapphiere:
Lol. Women are taking over
Taking over indeed no wonder I can't find my first comment again.. well-done oh
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 03, 2021
HopeVictor:

Taking over indeed no wonder I can't find my first comment again.. well-done oh
grin We rule.
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Chicastle: 10:47pm On Feb 03, 2021
We die there
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Sagay212: 10:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
All this one na drama. If she broke the law, she will e arrested.
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by DammieSOG: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
sapphiere:

lol....we still do tho
(if you get)
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Lagoon0: 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
sapphiere:
What would you do if u were in her shoes?
I support you on this. Even if she's wrong I can't support officer.
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Lagoon0: 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Many Nigerians are insane but then these insane people call buhari all different types of name.

Nigerians want good government but can hardly obey simple rules and regulations.
You don't know what happen you just jump to spill thrash!

Who do did this to you?
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Comedian2019: 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
Injustice by uniformed men is the reason behind jungle behaviour.
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Lagoon0: 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nonexistent:
Only fools shout feminism when they are disobeying the law and especially when they are displaying their foolishness.
Did you listen to the story? Keep shut!

1 Like

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by HYGMICH(m): 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
decatalyst:
There was a country.

.....I dey tells you, nor be lie....ooo

grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Reeses: 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=decatalyst post=98712904]There was a country.

No thanks to bubu undecided[/quote
Lol
Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by DarkJeddi(m): 11:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
tsdarkside:

And why should a law enforcement officer deliberately instigate and cajole Citizens to break the law and turn around to arrest them?
Is that part of their job description?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off by Seyzcham91(m): 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
kiss undecided
sapphiere:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State / BBNaija: Lady Weeps After Her Exclusion (Video) / The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.