Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter (25138 Views)

Lagos State Government To Empower Amputee Single Parent / Zainab Gimba Shares 200 Keke, 800 Sewing Machines To Empower Her People / Nasarawa Relocates Emir Sanusi To Awe From Loko Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by Lanrelagboi: 8:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
Lagos State Government, on Monday, said that it has taken over the welfare of Mary Daniel, the 26-year-old homeless amputee and single mother, whose tragic story trended on social media platforms over the weekend.

Speaking on the intervention of the State Government, the Special Adviser to the State Governor on Civic Engagement, Princess Aderemi Adebowale, stated that the move became necessary in order to protect the physically challenged woman from abuse and risk.

According to the Special Adviser, Daniel, an indigene of Ayingba, Kogi State, who just moved to Lagos two weeks ago, hawked table water in traffic in Oshodi to earn a living, is now in temporary protective custody pending when further plans would be concluded by the government to get her an apartment and also empower her.

Adebowale said, “The case of Mary (Daniel) was brought to my attention by the Managing Director, Lagos State Lotteries Board and two politicians from Oshodi who expressed concern about her safety as some kind-hearted individuals have started sending money to her account to assist her”.

She explained that after her interaction with Daniel, it was agreed that the present administration should take over the case to ensure her personal safety, hence the involvement of the State Government.

Princess Adebowale promised to personally look over her as a guardian and make sure that she is properly settled in Lagos, saying “We will make sure she becomes a responsible citizen in the State”.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158972196421013&id=735776012

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by ictjobber: 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2021

Life is arbitrary...

14 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by yetmao: 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
GOOD but where can I stream champion league

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by femijay8271(m): 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
See how God Almighty just Remember this lady...Using her condition to uplift her.

GLORY! GLORY!! GLORY!!! TO GOD ALMIGHTY

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by psychologist(m): 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
This is just one out of a million out there

Nice one anyways

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by visijo(m): 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nice

Marry a wife that will secretly lay her hands on that your coconut head and pray for you while you sleep, not the one that will be checking ur phone.�

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by shankara7: 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
Oluwa has remembered the young lady.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
On a serious note some people shld be forever grateful to social media through God .....

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
Alhamdulilah

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by techmo(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
cool

Lagos State Government are very proactive

God bless Lagos State Nigeria

God bless Sanwo-Olu

God bless Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the man that designed master plan of good Governance in Lagos

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by talk2maurice(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by mustmust(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
God has remembered her

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by adash101: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good news
According to the Special Adviser, Daniel, an indigene of Ayingba, Kogi State, who just moved to Lagos two weeks ago, hawked table water in traffic in Oshodi to earn a living, is now in temporary protective custody pending when further plans would be concluded by the government to get her an apartment and also empower her.
Our presidential candidate from Kogi did not see this hustler.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by fredoooooo: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
God win ...
Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by joelbooks: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nice one
God Bless Lagos State

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by solochris(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
All thanks to God and may the person that brought her case to social media be remembered too someday

16 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by Bugatie(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good one from the state govt.

But there are still thousands of her types on the streets of Lagos and all over the country begging for support.

We need not wait for social media frenzy before we do the right thing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by olaboy33(m): 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
.She left kogi to Lagos, the land of opportunities.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by ikenna042: 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
Abeg who give am belly

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by jimmyolasun: 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
who give here belle

so she too dey chop � steady
Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by lexy2014: 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158972196421013&id=735776012

Is she from d same kogi state where yahaya bello is governor, d same yahaya bello some youths are hailing as d best candidate for office of president of nigeria?

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
sapphiere:
The FUTURE is FEMALE

God please let my own helper locate me.

Great hallucinations

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by younglleo: 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Goodnews
Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by EmekaBlue(m): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Social media power.

Maybe i should stop hiding under my shelve, who knows whether my multi million helper is out there...let me start posting myself online doing different things, who knows which one go trend and i fit come blow one way or d other

Beyonce fit just see my picture wey trend like me come invite me as lead role for her new afro music video.

Who knows

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by eleko1: 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
cool
Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by Jalaw: 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Let the photo shot begin!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by dominique(f): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Soon he baby daddy will magically reappear from where he has been hiding.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by OgbeniOptional(m): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Congratulations to her. I hope Luck smile on others like her too. I like Lagos for the fact that u will get noticed one day if you don’t give up.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by RuddyFusion(m): 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
The power of SM

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Empower Amputee Single Parent, Relocates Her To Temporary Shelter by Rickcutie(m): 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
nice one.

Meanwhile get a quick and affordable loan with no collateral requirements. Check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Tinubu's Town Hall Meeting In Calabar, Cross River / Defence Headquarters Announce Scorecard In Two Weeks / Nigerian Soldier Reunites With His Mother After One Year On Frontline (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.