Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? (25018 Views)

Protesters Vandalise Non-muslims' Shops In Sokoto Over Arrest Of Deborah Killers / Sanda's Death Sentence And The Sharia Justice That Administered It / Ambode: Jide Sanwo-olu Is A Criminal And Mentally Unstable To Govern Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by josh123(m): 10:59am On Feb 05, 2021
Islam is a thorn to the world

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by IamWonderful: 11:09am On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Yes, I know.
God Also Forbade Vine Grapes..
But Jesus Himself didn't forbid wine.
He drank wine well well, and even promised his disciples a better wine in paradise.
In fact, he told his disciples to always drink wine and eat bread together in remembrance of him.
There is difference between Vine/grape juice and the fermented ones with ethanol, Jesus didn't forbid rather do He encourage the drinking.
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
And in some countries (or States) where Sharia Law is not A State Law (but is only regarded as Muslim laws for the Muslims), what happens??

Where sharia law is not law, any law that the state supports covers you.
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:17am On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
There is difference between Vine/grape juice and the fermented ones with ethanol, Jesus didn't forbid rather do He encourage the drinking.
Say What You Know..
And Know What You Say..
That's All I can tell you for now.
Jesus Drank Wine, And Not Grape Juice.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:25am On Feb 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where sharia law is not law, any law that the state supports covers you.
You see..
You're saying something that is not supporting your own argument.
So, if the State doesn't support Sharia Law, why would the Hisbah Police be enforcing the laws on people who are not under their authority??
(Hisbah Police is just similar to ushers and church wardens in the churches).. Was the Hisbah Police authorised by the State to enforce its Sharia Law on every residents in the state?
If parts of the Sharia Law is accepted as a State Law in some States, then it is the work of the Nigerian Police in that State, or constitutionally state-drafted police that should enforce such laws.
NOT SOME RELIGIOUS POLICE.!!

7 Likes

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by edoairways: 11:37am On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
The center of every express-road is called Median Strip.
So, to answer your question..
My answer is YESS..
I can stand at the Median Strip of a very busy express-road.
In fact, I can even lie down there.
But then, don't tell me that you're referring to Sharia Law as “A Busy Express-Road..”
That's really ridiculous.!!
Would run if a heavy duty car was to hit you?
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Nwaide01: 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
You are still chasing shadows and dwelling on speculation to soothe and promote your lies further. Even if either alcoholic or otherwise, wine is forbidden by God Himself
Between you and the monicker you just quoted, you're the one who lies for attributing to God what he never said. God did not forbids people from drinking alcohol unless those he set aside for special duties,eg Samson, John the Baptist etc. He frowns only on drunkenness if you are still doubting check the wines early Christian used for holy communion. All those Bible passages you quoted were directed to specific people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
You see..
You're saying something that is not supporting your own argument.
So, if the State doesn't support Sharia Law, why would the Hisbah Police be enforcing the laws on people who are not under their authority??
(Hisbah Police is just similar to ushers and church wardens in the churches).. Was the Hisbah Police authorised by the State to enforce its Sharia Law on every residents in the state?
If parts of the Sharia Law is accepted as a State Law in some States, then it is the work of the Nigerian Police in that State, or constitutionally state-drafted police that should enforce such laws.
NOT SOME RELIGIOUS POLICE.!!

Sharia law is a state law in Kano state and the Hisbah police enforces the sharia law.

the hisbah is constitutional and created by the state government just like how state government create state own outfits to regulate traffic or reduce crime..lagos has a state security outfit that helps in community policing.

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by capitalzero: 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
SouthNigerian:
Nigeria is a Secular State like the United States, United Kingdom and others.

Just that our dwarf brain leaders are making us appear like a religion country.

Religion in this country have so much crippled our sense of reasoning and productivities.

Nigeria is not a secular state but an ethnoreligious one.

4 Likes

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by orisa37: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
grin grin cheesy cheesy

Who should we ask for the confirmation of this statement of yours??

We have WEREYS in Government now. And the Government is interpreting the Constitution in SHARIA. We are in ANARCHY as both the EXECUTIVE and the Legislature are headed by DEMENTIA CHARACTERS. BUT I HAVE FAITH THAT GOD WILL DO HIS MIRACLE VERY SOON.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by IamWonderful: 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nwaide01:
Between you and the monicker you just quoted, you're the one who lies for attributing to God what he never said. God did not forbids people from drinking alcohol unless those he set aside for special duties,eg Samson, John the Baptist etc. He frowns only on drunkenness if you are still doubting check the wines early Christian used for holy communion. All those Bible passages you quoted were directed to specific people.
Which specific people are you talking about? priest? Kings? haven't you read

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. And mind you there is difference between fermented vine and unfermented juice, so trying attribute and claim what you weren't there is mischievous.
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by CodeTemplar: 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2021
They are taking up territories for Islam.
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by sojfarm: 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
IF YOU WANT TO BE MISLED IN LIFE, COME TO THE INTERNET. THERE YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF UNREFINED INFORMATION. INFORMATION OVERLOAD.

THE ROLE OF WISE ELDERS CAN NOT BE RULED OUT
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by casppyjay: 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Please, I want to know.
Especially for Non-Muslims that are living in the Northern Nigerian States like Kano State..

NOTE:
(Please Mods,, don't push this thread to the Islamic Section. Please... I take God Beg Una.)
ask OC gulder presently in a dungeon under hisbah somewhere in kano or kaduna lol

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
We don't know
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by madridsta007(m): 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Please, I want to know.
Especially for Non-Muslims that are living in the Northern Nigerian States like Kano State..

NOTE:
(Please Mods,, don't push this thread to the Islamic Section. Please... I take God Beg Una.)

It does.
We should stop pretending to ourselves that it doesnt.
Go and eat in the open during Ramadam and shout, "I am a Christian!" when Hisbah police come to bundle you.
They will bundle you, beat you up and you may loose your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
Islam is for the poor

2 Likes

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by gabicon: 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Please, I want to know.

NOTE:

It ok to destroy alcohol and it's also ok to share the taxes proceed from alcohol. interesting!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by senatepresido: 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
please help me out with a sincere feedback

Straight to the point, I have been invited for an interview at Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Plc for the post of a Client Relationship Officer, please I want to know if this is a marketing job/Insurance sales because I am not interested in any marketing job...
anyone with useful information on this should please help out.

Thanks in anticipation for your response
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by virago(f): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
IS ALCOHOL PROHIBITED IN CHRISTIANITY?
Some people would always come to the defence of Hisbah’s destruction of millions of Alcoholic Beverages by asking the question: “Is Alcohol NOT Prohibited In Christianity?”
And such people would always end their taunting questions by adding: “Go and STUDY your Bible”...

My Answer to such question is very simple....

Alcohol is NOT Prohibited in Christianity.
1st Timothy 5:23 
and Ecclesiastes 9:7..

What is prohibited in Christianity is:
“Getting Drunk”
For someone to get drunk, he had to take excess alcohol way beyond his brain-carrying capacity.
And this brings us back to the Bible again, where the Bible condemned Honey in a way.
Something that is as good as Honey, the Bible warns us not to take it too much.
Proverbs 25:16.
What Christianity is preaching is That: “Too Much of Everything Is Bad.”

Too Much of Food Is Bad.
Too Much of Water Is Bad.
Too Much of Salt Is Bad.
Too Much of Sugar Is Bad.
Too Much of Religion Is Bad.
Too Much of Spirituality Is Bad.
Too Much of Fanaticism Is Bad.
Too Much of Biased Thinking Is Bad.
Too Much of Dependent Thinking Is Bad.
Too Much of Independent Thinking Is Bad.
Too Much of Brainwashed Thinking Is Bad.
Too Much of Free thinking Is Bad.
Too Much of Blunt Truths Is Bad.
Too Much of Sugar-coated Truths Is Bad.
Too Much of Srtictness Is Bad.
Too Much of Straightness Is Bad.
Too Much of Laughter Is Bad.
Too Much of Riches Is Bad.
Too Much of Wealth Is Bad.
Too Much of Poverty Is Bad.

Too Much of Gold Is Bad.
Too Much of Longevity Is Bad.
Too Much of Talking Is Bad.
Too Much of Silence Is Bad.
Too Much of Loudness Is Bad.
Too Much of Dancing Is Bad.
Too Much of Singing Is Bad.
Too Much of Observations Is Bad.
Too Much of Intervention Is Bad.
Too Much of Intrusion Is Bad.
Too Much of Minding Your Business Is Bad.

***MODIFIED***

For those people that would come here to say that the Bible was referring to Non-Alcoholic Wine.

The Jews that lived during the time of Jesus knew only how to produce the Natural Wine with Vine Grapes, which is a Naturally Occurring Alcoholic Fluid..
If Jesus Drank Grape-Juice which was made from the Vine Grapes, it would be stated as Grape-Juice in the Bible. (But Grape-Juice is very difficult to get and stored in its Non-Alcoholic form using natural processes, just the way it is very difficult to get and store Cashew-Juice or Soursop-Juice from natural processes.)
The production of Non-Alcoholic Wine from Vine Grapes is a more complicated process (and is done with some technologies that was invented during the medieval times).

(Even the so-called Non-Alcoholic Wine, once it is uncorked, begins to turn alcoholic after some hours - then, imagine the Jews who never had the technology produce the Non-Alcoholic wine in the first place, not to talk of having the technological means of preserving it).
Simply Put.....
During the time of Jesus, they drank the natural wine from Vine Grapes which is a naturally occurring Alcoholic wine.
If the wine was not Alcoholic, then the Pharisees wouldn't have complained about it.

There's nothing like non-alcholic wine , there is however dealcholized wine which still has very minute quantities of alcohol. All wines contain alcohol , if it doesn't have alcohol then it's not wine

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by MorataFC: 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
judgementyard:
Hisbah arresting an inspector of the Nigerian police ( force) ...e shock me grin
Coward people
They should go and arrest soldier

4 Likes

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by manyr4luv: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
SouthNigerian:
Nigeria is a Secular State like the United States, United Kingdom and others.

Just that our dwarf brain leaders are making us appear like a religion country.

Religion in this country have so much crippled our sense of reasoning and productivities.

Stay there and be blowing grammer. The shithole has been islamized.
It is either you breakup the evil forest or get ready to hit your head on the ground. Smell the coffee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by naijadrivablog: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
It was in the news recently that Hisbah Police arrested a police officer. NPF o shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by AK481(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
Why did hisbah arrest a Christian barber for cutting the hair of his customers with style

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2021
islamization agenda on the way. but some foolish non thinkers would beg to differ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
senatepresido:
please help me out with a sincere feedback

Straight to the point, I have been invited for an interview at Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Plc for the post of a Client Relationship Officer, please I want to know if this is a marketing job/Insurance sales because I am not interested in any marketing job...
anyone with useful information on this should please help out.

Thanks in anticipation for your response

why dont you go there and find this info out yourself. you hve nothing to lose
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by jidxin(m): 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Please, I want to know.

NOTE:

Capital NO

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by janetakan(f): 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
Well, it shouldn't!

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by onuman: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Please, I want to know.

NOTE:

Sharia law is not applicable to non Moslems, but it’s difficult to practice sharia laws in a society of mixed religious faiths, like in Nigeria.

Sharia criminal laws are unconstitutional in Nigeria.

Sharia civil laws are constitutional like the customary laws in Nigeria.

Sharia criminal laws include stoning women to death for adultery, cutting the hands of thieves, death for apostasy, etc.

Sharia civil laws include these baring of alcohol consumption etc.

Mainly Northern Moslem military dictators who supervised Nigeria’s Constitution refused sharia criminal laws in the constitution.

But to spite OBJ presidency in 1999, Sani Yerima, then governor of Zamfara state introduced Sharia criminal laws in the 12 northern Arewa states. Adoption of the laws by the 12 states’ governments sold like hot cake.

Later, Boko Haram insurgents emerged and have continued to say that they are fighting for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal laws.

Since then, the difference between Boko Haram insurgents and many Moslems in the sharia states, is like the difference between six and half a dozen.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by jidxin(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
First Question: Why would the Hisbah Police be the ones destroying Alcoholic drinks of Non-Muslims, instead of the State Police or the Nigerian Police, since it was supposed to be a State Law??

Second Question: Was there actually a State Law in Kano State of Nigeria, which banned or regulated the use of Alcohol?
because it has become a state law

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by aribisala0(m): 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Sharia Law doesn't cover non Muslim, however State laws on ban or regulation of alcohol is binding to all residents as long as 2/3 of the state legislature passed it and the Governor signed it

Like in Saudi Arabia, Alcohol is sold at places and camps were Oil workers and Foriegn expatriates stays,

In UAE Ajman industrial has one of the biggest Liquor shop I have ever seen, everything is there from RedOx to Hennessy

Are Christians the only non-Muslims? Don't Nigerians have the right to not believe in God AT ALLand if so of what relevance is it what the bible says?

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by aryzgreat: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
No long story.

If you see their cows wandering in Ur Street, slaughter them. Open grazing has been banned in SE

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang / Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations / Obiano, Tinubu, Amosun, Kalu And Akande At SUN Award: Caption The Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.