Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,210 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:51 AM

Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? (25409 Views)

Protesters Vandalise Non-muslims' Shops In Sokoto Over Arrest Of Deborah Killers / Sanda's Death Sentence And The Sharia Justice That Administered It / Ambode: Jide Sanwo-olu Is A Criminal And Mentally Unstable To Govern Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Casham: 4:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
You are still chasing shadows and dwelling on speculation to soothe and promote your lies further. Even if either alcoholic or otherwise, wine is forbidden by God Himself
I don't usually do this. But I'ma do it today: YOU LIE! GOD NEVER FORBADE ALCOHOL [IN THE BIBLE]. I don't drink, but I know drinking alcohol was never a sin. Stop lying against God. (unless you are muslim though). Yes! The Bible forbade wine (alcoholic or non) for some (Nazirites and High Priests) and generally discouraged too much of it. But it never forbade it. In fact the Bible encouraged us to drink and be merry and enjoy the works of our labour. Jesus Himself drank alcohol. He used wine in the last supper. We will drink wine even in heaven. You christians should stop copying these muslims. Their religion is based on dos and don'ts. Yours is based entirely on grace faith.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by SSpeter(m): 4:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
You are still chasing shadows and dwelling on speculation to soothe and promote your lies further. Even if either alcoholic or otherwise, wine is forbidden by God Himself
stop talking trash

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by SonOfTheRisingS: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Sharia Law doesn't cover non Muslim, however State laws on ban or regulation of alcohol is binding to all residents as long as 2/3 of the state legislature passed it and the Governor signed it

Like in Saudi Arabia, Alcohol is sold at places and camps were Oil workers and Foriegn expatriates stays,

In UAE Ajman industrial has one of the biggest Liquor shop I have ever seen, everything is there from RedOx to Hennessy

Hello Sir, please can you educate us Why would the Hisbah Police be the ones destroying Alcoholic drinks of Non-Muslims, instead of the State Police or the Nigerian Police, military force since it was supposed to be a State Law?

Biafra must be restored.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by SonOfTheRisingS: 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
grin grin cheesy cheesy

Who should we ask for the confirmation of this statement of yours??

We should ask this man below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Angelawhite(m): 5:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
Which wine are you talking about, the fermented vine or the unfermented wine because you are as if you were there.

You said and I quote,

Even if either alcoholic or otherwise, wine is forbidden by God Himself

2 Likes

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by rigarmortis: 5:08pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
(@1st-bolded-statement) Lagos State LASTMA arrests or impound vehicles and hand over to the State Government. Kano State Hisbah Seizes Alcohol and destroys them straightaway...
Were they given such express authorities by the Kano State Laws?

(@2nd-bolded-statement) I understand it better now.
At least, it is very clear to me now that Alcoholic drinks were destroyed in Kano State because of a Kano State Law which is supposed to be binding on all citizens and residents, and not because of Sharia Law which is meant only for Muslims.

Thanks for the enlightenment.!!

How about the Hairstyle laws??

Is that also binding for non muslims

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Scetrocom: 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Sharia Law doesn't cover non Muslim, however State laws on ban or regulation of alcohol is binding to all residents as long as 2/3 of the state legislature passed it and the Governor signed it

Like in Saudi Arabia, Alcohol is sold at places and camps were Oil workers and Foriegn expatriates stays,

In UAE Ajman industrial has one of the biggest Liquor shop I have ever seen, everything is there from RedOx to Hennessy

Whether state governor signed it or not, Nigeria constitution is supreme and above state laws. State governor can chose to sign anything out of sentiment. Nigeria remains a secular state where the tenents or believes of one religion is not bidding on adherents of other faith. The argument put forward by pro sharia before it was introduced is that non Muslim should not be affected. How come that we are having all this infractions? Boko haram are trying to impose Islamic rules on the nation and hisbah is using force to impose Islamic believes and tenents on non Muslim, what is the difference?

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
Which specific people are you talking about? priest? Kings? haven't you read

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. And mind you there is difference between fermented vine and unfermented juice, so trying attribute and claim what you weren't there is mischievous.
(@Bolded-Statement)..
My guy, stop talking nonsense.!!
Stop saying what you don't know.
Grapes ferment naturally.
There is no natural way to stop it.
It takes some pressurised anaerobic methods to prevent the fermentation of grapes..
And these anaerobic methods were invented just recently. (Some few centuries ago)
So, if you're not enlightened on any given topic, please stop sounding silly at it.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
wirinet:

You people talk rubbish in order to propagate your personal doctrine. What do you mean by unfermented juice? Do you even understand what fermentation means? The minute you squeeze juice out of its fruit, it starts fermenting. My wife who has very little alcohol tolerance has gotten tipsy on zobo she made and left in the fridge for 2 days. How did ancient Jews during the time of Jesus and even after unferment grape juice?
He was just blabbing in the nonsense, just to let us believe that the Bible was referring to some sort of Non-Alcoholic type of wine..
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
jswitch:
The Nigerian constitution itself states that government must not adopt any religion as state religion. Even the penal codes exempts non- Muslims from being subjected to sharia penal codes.

But well, in Nigeria, anything goes- the laws are made by the rich for the poor alone to obey.
(@Bolded Paragraph)
Please, if you can quote the parts of the Constitution that I can find these, I will be really grateful.
In fact, you will be doing a lot of us here a very big deal of goodness by quoting the sections.
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
ikenna44:
while Christianity preaches against excesses... Christianity says thou shall not Judge! If other people decide to live their lives a certain way, its really none of your business... God will judge them!!!

But they are judging us already using their Hisbah..
What do we do??
The way that they are almost always living their own lives is just by coming against our own way of life.
They are always trying to stop us from living our own lives in our own way..
Do we continue to wait on God?
Or do we leave their communities totally, since it is really difficult for us now to change our own “inbuilt” way of life, which they don't like?
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by onuman: 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
wirinet:

Our governors are cowards, what's stops them forming a cow police and slaughtering any cow in sight the way Hisbah police is destroying any beer bottle in sight?

The lopsided political structure created by Arewa soldiers favoring Arewa is why Arewa politicians control political power in Nigeria.

Southern governors are mostly “appointed” through false guber election.
To belong to Nigeria’s political process, southern politicians play coward.
If the political structure and governance system are not restructured before the 2023 presidential election, the cowardice of southern politicians must continue, even if the president comes from the south.
Control of the political process is in the FEC, NASS, Armed Forces, Civil Service - Arewa has more votes to decide how Nigeria can go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by DarkJeddi(m): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
You don't know what you are saying, is all wine alcoholic? you are bereft of ideas and simply mischievous. Using Bible to justify your claims is lack of understanding.

in Timothy it was Paul speaking but in Leviticus 10:9 God says through Moses, Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Numbers 6:3
3 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.
Deuteronomy 14:26
26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
Deuteronomy 29:6
6 Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God.
Judges 13:4, 7, 14
4 - Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: 7 - But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death. 14 - She may not eat of any thing that cometh of the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing: all that I commanded her let her observe.
1 Samuel 1:15
15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.
Proverbs 20:1
1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
Proverbs 31:4
4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
Proverbs 31:6
6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Isaiah 5:11, 22
11 - Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! 22 - Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
Isaiah 24:9
9 They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.
Isaiah 28:7
7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
Isaiah 29:9
9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.
Isaiah 56:12
12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.
Micah 2:11
11 If a man walking in the spirit and falsehood do lie, saying, I will prophesy unto thee of wine and of strong drink; he shall even be the prophet of this people.
Luke 1:15
15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. You didn't see all these.

Guess it depends on which part of the conversation you are leaning on..

It is not a sin to drink alcohol in MODERATION according to the Bible..

The Bible describes wine as a gift from God that can make life more enjoyable. (Psalm 104:14, 15; Ecclesiastes 3:​13; 9:7)

The Bible also acknowledges the medicinal value of wine.​—1 Timothy 5:​23.

Jesus drank wine during his time on earth. (Matthew 26:29; Luke 7:​34).

In one of his well-known miracles, Jesus turned water into wine as a generous gift at a marriage feast.​—John 2:​1-​10.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Malawian(m): 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
(@1st-bolded-statement) Lagos State LASTMA arrests or impound vehicles and hand over to the State Government. Kano State Hisbah Seizes Alcohol and destroys them straightaway...
Were they given such express authorities by the Kano State Laws?

(@2nd-bolded-statement) I understand it better now.
At least, it is very clear to me now that Alcoholic drinks were destroyed in Kano State because of a Kano State Law which is supposed to be binding on all citizens and residents, and not because of Sharia Law which is meant only for Muslims.

Thanks for the enlightenment.!!
What of Nigerian Breweries in Kano? shouldnt the state government burn it down?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Carlylepneuma: 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2021
naijadrivablog:
It was in the news recently that Hisbah Police arrested a police officer. NPF o shocked
hypocritical elements carrying this matter on top of there head like kilode. Well so called EndSars peaceful protesters lynched quite a number of police officers, ask them the reason for doing that they will tell u that they are angry over police brutality happening around d nation as such they feel it's high time they take this laws into there hands. d question is between peaceful protesters turn killers and a hisbah agents who arrested a police man who violated a state law, which of these individuals has a more shocking story than the other
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by compton11(m): 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
OpinionCounts:

Is it right for states to make laws governing everyone in a state based on a specific religion instead of based on the Constitution in a secular country? Saudi Arabia you quoted is an Islamic nation, their Constitution is based on Islamic tenets so it is understandable if they make their laws governing everyone in their country based on Islamic rules irrespective of any other religion any other person living there believes in, anyone going to Saudi Arabia already knows clearly that he or she is going to an Islamic country governed by Islamic rules, so they get prepared for that, now the question is, is Nigeria an Islamic nation?

It is common sense that a house of assembly with Muslims as majority will always have their way in voting for any issue that benefits Muslims, but that does not mean everyone in the state are Muslims and should be forced to live like Muslims in a secular country with freedom of religion and association boldly enshrined in the Constitution which is a superior document to the state house of assembly by-laws.
State house of assembly by-laws should never go contrary to the supreme document governing the country which is the Constitution.

The Nigerian constitution itself states that government must not adopt any religion as state religion. Even the penal codes exempts non- Muslims from being subjected to sharia penal codes.
If the state house of assembly decides to make Islamic by-laws, then it should be clearly made for only adherents of Islamic laws which are the Muslims because Nigeria is a secular country and not an Islamic country.

Imagine if states down south with Christian majorities begin to enact Christian doctrines and laws into the state by-laws and force everyone irrespective of their religion to abide by it, don't you think that will throw this country into a civil crises situation ?
Christians get law?
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by iamclime(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
Bro, where exactly in the Bible did God forbid wine? The Bible is very clear on the use of wine (alcoholic): DO NOT ABUSE WINE. There are several references to the moderate use of wine in the Holy Scriptures, either for its dietary benefits of for its therapeutic effects ( Psalm 104:15; Esther 1:10; 2 Samuel 13:28; Ecclesiastes 2:3; 10:19; Zechariah 10:7) God never said do not use it all, except for certain individuals on certain occasions, when engaged in spiritual activities at the temple, for instance. (Leviticus 10:8, 9; Ezekiel 44:21). Take note that priests and other individuals of the Levitical lineage who were commanded not to drink wine when officiating at the temple were permitted to use on other occasions. Some were even assigned to be in charge of the wine. grin (1Chronicles 9:29)

In other cases, some individuals entered into a vow (oath) either voluntarily or through a prophetic pronouncement not to use wine. e.g the Nazirites and the Rechabites. (Numbers 6:2-4, 13-20; Amos 2:12; Jeremiah 35:5-11)
Please do more research; there was no direct command of God in the Bible for ALL humans to abstain from wine. What the Bible DIRECTLY CONDEMNS is drunkenness and alcoholism. Drunkeness and alcoholism usually lead to mental, physical and spiritual harm. (Proverbs 23:20, 21, 34, 35; 1Corinthians 6:9-11).
The Bible admonishes all Christian men and women to be moderate in their use of wine, and never to be lovers of too much wine. (1Timothy 3:1-3; Titus1:6, 7; 1Timithy 3:8; Titus 2:2-cool And yes again, the wine the Bible spoke of was ALCOHOLIC.
The bottom line is this, we are free to use alcohol in moderation, or not to use it at all. The choice is ours. However, we shouldn't force our personal preferences on others or teach them as a command of scripture. (Revelation 22:18,19)
Peace to all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by wirinet(m): 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
compton11:
Christians get law?
Na because christians no get law make Muslims states in the north in a constant state of anarchy.

Because christians no get law na him make even in the south, na Muslims de cause problems.

Na because na Muslims get law na him make Muslims majority countries of the world always in a State of perpetual anarchy, while the Christian nations are the most prosperous.

Na because christians no get law na him make Muslims no to stay in their own state or countries but always migrating to Christian nations and states.

I now see why Trump wants to ban Muslims from America, so dem go dey enjoy their law. I wish western Europe does the same too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by koolaid87: 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2021
They should Also ban revenues from alcohol

Northerners are religious extremists.

The moment yoruba muslim join their league, then wahala go happen

Nobody in their sanity would like to migrate to Iraq iran afghan or any country practicing stupid old skool Law

Islam needs reformation

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by compton11(m): 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
wirinet:

Na because christians no get law make Muslims states in the north in a constant state of anarchy.
well Christians get law but they ain't following it.

and they ain't stoping u from drinking in private.

wirinet:

Because christians no get law na him make even in the south, na Muslims de cause problems.
which Muslims cos problem for south,, cos im western

wirinet:

Na because na Muslims get law na him make Muslims majority countries of the world always in a State of perpetual anarchy, while the Christian nations are the most prosperous.
then how come Zimbabwe,zambia,Argentina,mexico and so on are not prosperous and how come UAE,saudi,egypt,oman and so on are prosperous?

wirinet:

Na because christians no get law na him make Muslims no to stay in their own state or countries but always migrating to Christian nations and states.
tell me any European countries that says they are Christian countries,most of them are not going to church.
and well many Christians are going to Islamic countries to better life.

all your so called Christians countries in Europe tolerate homosexuality,porn and nudity in public

wirinet:

I now see why Trump wants to ban Muslims from America, so dem go dey enjoy their law. I wish western Europe does the same too.
grincheesy well Trump ain't there no more and he can't even ban the US Muslims
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by tunjilana: 7:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Jerryherd:

First Answer; arrest of criminals can be done by anybody for crimes committed (state police, local police , agency etc) however only constitutionally approved agency of Government can prosecute such crime in court

For example LASMA a Lagos state agency like Hisbah Kano State agency can arrest and impound your car for traffic violation just as Hisbah seizes Alcohol in Kano

Second Answer; yes Prohibition of Alcohol, and establishment of Hisbah is a Law and ACT passed by Kano State Legislature and State Government, and it is Gazzeted as Kano law bidding to all residents

Is there a federal law that prohibits drinking and is this state law not an infringement on an individuals personal rights. If this is the case can rivers state pass a law prohibiting wearing of veiled clothing...and setup a task force to arrest everyone wearing hijab.will that sit well with everyone?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by BadEnglish(m): 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sharia law? Wtf is that?. E no go better for those enforcing that Sharia shi. U go ban alcohol but go dey one corner smoke Igbo n tramadol. Awon werey

1 Like

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by zedman1(m): 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
You don't know what you are saying, is all wine alcoholic? you are bereft of ideas and simply mischievous. Using Bible to justify your claims is lack of understanding.

in Timothy it was Paul speaking but in Leviticus 10:9 God says through Moses, Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

3 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.
26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
6 Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God.
4 - Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: 7 - But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death. 14 - She may not eat of any thing that cometh of the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing: all that I commanded her let her observe.
15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.
1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
11 - Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! 22 - Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
9 They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.
7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.
12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.
11 If a man walking in the spirit and falsehood do lie, saying, I will prophesy unto thee of wine and of strong drink; he shall even be the prophet of this people.
15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. You didn't see all these.
If you hate alcohol, say you hate it. The passages you quoted and all others are instructions given to specific people e.g the Nazirites you mentioned, Samson, John the Baptist e.t.c, and also as caution and consequences of getting drunk. Mind you, these people were not prohibited from taking only alcohol alone, some were also only permitted to eat chosen foods and were never to shave their hair. Then again, if the Nazirite wants to refrain from being one, he is free to shave his hair and drink wine, God said so. Even in your passages you shared you could see the situation where God said you could use the money from the proceeds of your tithes to buy stuff including wine. Jesus drank wine, that's why he was called a drunkard. There's nothing anyone can say to your likes which are quick to quote the Bible even though one points verses from the same Bible to butress their point. Thing is, just like you hate beer, that's how I hate sugar, sweet things and all soft drinks. There might be so many other things I hate and you may like and vice versa. I prefer bitter and sour stuff, and all these things can harm both of us depending on how we consume them.
Eating isn't a sin, gluttony is.
Sex isn't a sin, adultery is (Did you know there was a time in history when some sects considered sex as a whole, a sin? )
Drinking isn't a sin, drunkeness is. ( Do you know your likes will be remembered later in history as a sect which said drinking is sin?)
That's the summary.

Lastly, you should be eating locust and honey and also carrying a long dread lock since that's what people who were prohibited from drinking were asked to do. I hope to see you living that way. Cheers bro, peace.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Lagoon0: 7:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Sharia law is a state law in Kano state and the Hisbah police enforces the sharia law.

the hisbah is constitutional and created by the state government just like how state government create state own outfits to regulate traffic or reduce crime..lagos has a state security outfit that helps in community policing.
Why would state law maker make sharia law a state law in a place where we have Christian? Is that not religious bigotry?
We are understanding it better now. Thank God our laws now is to kick Fulani out of Yoruba land. We'll continue to respect our laws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by beardedboy(m): 7:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
blackmantis:
That means Kano is an Islamic state.... good for them.

When Wike said Rivers is a Christian state these same northern hypocrites cried out and protested that statement.

I only blame Southern Governments who are scared of making and enforcing laws that reflects thier religion and culture.

Christianity has no law or culture. You only copy secular man-made laws that were written by idolatry philosophers.
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Please, I want to know.
Especially for Non-Muslims that are living in the Northern Nigerian States like Kano State..

NOTE:
(Please Mods,, don't push this thread to the Islamic Section. Please... I take God Beg Una.)

When you take your girlfriends to Dubai do you follow their laws? Or not? If you don’t like the laws or culture of a place don’t live there. Why is it hard?
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by motherlode: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:

In utmost sincerity, your understanding of the subject matter is utterly skewed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
SouthNigerian:
Nigeria is a Secular State like the United States, United Kingdom and others.

Just that our dwarf brain leaders are making us appear like a religious country.

Religion in this country have so much crippled our sense of reasoning and productivities.

look again Bob! don't get your knot in a twist - Nigeria is a Muslim Country that accommodates Christian practitioners - here is a list of our board members https://www.oic-oci.org/states/?lan=en

Did you notice the composition of states and a unique religious affiliation to ISLAM
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by eledumare2012: 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
IamWonderful:

Please and please, their is nothing like NON-ALCOHOLIC WHINE.
WINE IS WINE.
If its non alcoholic then its just a TABLE JUICE.
GOOGLE CAN HELP
Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by motherlode: 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Speaktruth88:

When you take your girlfriends to Dubai do you follow their laws? Or not? If you don’t like the laws or culture of a place don’t live there. Why is it hard?

With respect to the Nigerian system and how totally divisive the system may be... Don't forget there are two sides to a coin.

Tolerance is wisdom yet appears foolish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2021
motherlode:

With respect to the Nigerian system and how totally divisive the system may be... Don't forget there are two sides to a coin.

Tolerance is wisdom yet appears foolish!

I don’t like misbehaviour me from Kano refuse to live there but I can live in Jigawa or even Plateau so what’s the difference? Why live in an area you don’t agree with the culture? E no hard now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan Before And Now (pics) / Governors Describe EFCC Boss, Magu As Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Shonekan: FG Orders National Flag To Fly At Half-Mast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.