Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses (28946 Views)

Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg / Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Feb 05, 2021
It's about time........ wink
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by sojfarm: 8:56am On Feb 05, 2021
MC OLUOMO GO AND LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB OOOOO
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by chriskosherbal(m): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2021
Hmmm na waoo
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by chrizzyace: 8:59am On Feb 05, 2021
Kriss216:
Is Tinubu aware of this

Even if he’s aware of this, he’s feet are no longer rigid in Lagos, even sanwolu can’t see a return ticket to that seat.
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by SmartPolician: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2021
OcVoice:
They should start already! They've been saying this for long!

Meanwhile, creating parking space for trucks and an app will not decongest traffic gridlock at apapa. Opening and making use of other ports will.

If Lagos implements this, I will be extremely happy because it will eliminate many touts from the state.

Yellow bus drivers and conductors are some of the worst commercial transporters in Nigeria. Those people can insult you and ask you not to board their vehicles because you don't have "change"
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by jidxin(m): 9:01am On Feb 05, 2021
Redoil:

but it was never built on lies and deception lunlike lagos
wtf says who... I'm sure you never read history about rome and its politics
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by joey150(m): 9:02am On Feb 05, 2021
Legalcriminal:
Danfo is part of Lagos Logo but I hate those bus but not the way I hate 18th century old shakky rusty looking bus I can’t rembwr what’s it’s called

Molue grin
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Redoil: 9:02am On Feb 05, 2021
nosiebaba:

Don't pity lagosians, pity yourself. It's not bad to hope for something better. Many of the people you quoted don't even take danfo, they have their own cars. Hoping for a better lagos and a better world isn't a bad thing

making noise as usual

are you in anyway related to sunday igboho the noise maker

no insult intended
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by dederocs(m): 9:02am On Feb 05, 2021
Danfo drivers are the main cause of traffic on our roads, their behaviour and hygiene is an eyesore, and an embarrassment to Lagosians...bad for our image, especially with tourism.
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Redoil: 9:03am On Feb 05, 2021
marsman:

Built on lies do you know the history of lagos, how lagos survived under Tinubu, kept it shaped, and still went to become the best city in Nigeria, without no federal Allocation. If other state governors are doing what lagos governors are doing, Nigeria would be in a better place than this shit hole.
The Lagos of yesterday, is not that of today. Though much improvement is still needed.
tinubu is coming to sell you all to fulani his fulani master
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Springboot: 9:03am On Feb 05, 2021
They said this over 10years ago, I don't see it happening as they need the thugs for elections
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 05, 2021
Lagos is even trying to figure public transportation out. In Abuja they have NO clue . Public transportation basically means old frustrated men driving small overcrowded cabs. Shambles
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by mozona(m): 9:09am On Feb 05, 2021
another avenue to create more crime in the state though it is a nice developement.
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Omooba77: 9:09am On Feb 05, 2021
dre11:

https://punchng.com/lagos-govt-to-phase-out-yellow-buses/

Sanwoolu dont have the ball to implement this, same thing Ambode tried. Is Oluomo still around?
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Lanretoye(m): 9:10am On Feb 05, 2021
Kingluqman:
And robbery go increase abi grin
you need only one AK47 in your house.
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by cocolacec(m): 9:11am On Feb 05, 2021
Redoil:

but it was never built on lies and deception lunlike lagos

Europeans are no angels,their cities were built on the backs of the oppressed and slaves.Dont be fooled.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by crusufixo(m): 9:12am On Feb 05, 2021
I have been hearing this yarn since time memorial.....it's just being talk ..talk.. talk..no action...of which this yellow buses is another source of revenue for baba ( you know who, I don't need to mention his name ), and they say they want to phase them out ..oya, make we dey look....
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by cocolacec(m): 9:14am On Feb 05, 2021
Antoeni:
Government Without Pity

If you want your country to be like Europe, you must have a master plan.

Long live the city of lagos.
Long live the Governor of lagos.
Long live the Kingmaker of lagos. grin
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Jeterry(m): 9:16am On Feb 05, 2021
Ambode already started this before you had him removed. Backwardness and stealing
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by GregJames(m): 9:17am On Feb 05, 2021
This ain’t the most important thing
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Redoil: 9:18am On Feb 05, 2021
cocolacec:

Europeans are no angels,their cities were built on the backs of the oppressed and slaves.Dont be fooled.
oh i see why tinubu has taken over the treasury of lagos
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by lekki1444: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2021
Dr Fred cheesy
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by BreconHills(m): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2021
OcVoice:
They should start already! They've been saying this for long!

Meanwhile, creating parking space for trucks and an app will not decongest traffic gridlock at apapa. Opening and making use of other ports will.

Even if other ports are opened ( which i think is a good idea) trucks will still be lagos inbound from those new ports. A population of 25m with the highest per capital income is not to be sneezed at.
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by ipobarethieves: 9:20am On Feb 05, 2021
sad Do wetin go com happen to all the danfo /Suzuki mini buses undecided sad? Burn,trowey am sad?
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by ibbkiddsx: 9:25am On Feb 05, 2021
Redoil:
tinubu said same

fashola said same

ambode said same

sanwolu said same

the next governor will say same

whenever the government are failing in their duties these are what they will dangle before lagosian
ditto for fourth and fifth mainland bridges

i pity lagosians

In actual fact the scheme should have started last year.
The buses they want to use are the ones that were burnt at Oyingboduring the EndSAR protest.
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by Redoil: 9:26am On Feb 05, 2021
ibbkiddsx:

In actual fact the scheme should have started last year.
The buses they want to use are the ones that were burnt at Oyingboduring the EndSAR protest.

another excuses as usual
Re: Lagos Government To Phase Out Yellow Buses by cocolacec(m): 9:28am On Feb 05, 2021
mozona:
another avenue to create more crime in the state though it is a nice developement.

Why do people always think of crime as a downturn of a govt policy?

The govt can employ these yellow buses drivers as BRT drivers,The govt and NURTW must agree on a compromise.

I remembered when Denmark/Sweden wanted to build a bridge to Sweden,The ferry company was about to go out of business.The govt has to give the company a stake in the new bridge project.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Forecast Of What Atiku, Tinubu, Or Obi Govts Might Be / Oluremi Tinubu Picks APC Senatorial Form (Photos) / Umahi Inspects Dualization Of Abakaliki/Enugu Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.