Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,823 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Two Most Essential Things In Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Two Most Essential Things In Life (720 Views)

Why Is It That Essential Things Are Not Preached In Most Churches? / Will You Be Proud Or Embarrased When You Are Shown What You Did In Life? / The Two Most Essential Things In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Two Most Essential Things In Life by PastorAde: 8:40am On Apr 06, 2011
[center]The Two Most Essential Things in Life[/center]

But seek you first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness: and all these things shall be added to you (Matthew 6: 33, emphasis added).

For us to live comfortably in this life, a lot of things are needed. Some of the basic things that make life comfortable for people are housing, food, clothing, good paying job, vehicles for movement, money, etc. All of these things are legitimate and necessary to live a comfortable life. But you must realize O man that you are a tripartite being. You are a spirit, you have a soul and you live in a body. Your body is not the real you. The body is just a clothing that clothes the real you – your spirit. Your soul consists of your mind, will, and intellect. God is the source of your spirit, for, He breathed His own breath into Adam’s nostrils, and he became a living soul (Gen. 2:7). When a man dies, his spirit returns to God who gave it, but the body returns to dust from where it was taken. The basic things of life only belong to this world and they all remain here after man’s death. Have you ever seen any man taking his earthly belongings with him to the grave? No, they all remain in the earth. That is why Jesus, Who is Wisdom personified, tells us in the above Scriptures to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto us. He was speaking to the real man – the spirit. For the real man, He reduced life to two most essential things: (1) the kingdom of God (2) His Righteousness. Why did Jesus reduce the whole of life to these two essentials? Because these two things are what Adam lost. The word ‘seek’ means desire, enquire, and search for something hidden. Adam lost the kingdom and his right standing with God when he disobeyed God’s commandment by eating the forbidden fruit. The word kingdom is from two words – king and dominion. Adam lost two things. First, his fellowship and righteousness (right standing) with God the King, and his dominion over the earth. These two are what Jesus tells us to seek first in our order of priorities. When we do this, all other basic things of life will be added to us. How? Jesus made this statement in Matthew 11:27a: “All things are delivered (committed) to Me by My Father”. When you obey the above Scriptures by seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, all these other things which the Father have committed to Jesus’ hands will be given to you as well. You don’t need to steal or use dubious means to get things or to make it in life. Obedience to the word of God is the key. Now, how can you find the kingdom and His righteousness? By giving your life to the king (Jesus) and being washed in His blood to obtain His righteousness. Our own righteousness is like filthy rags. When you receive the king in your heart and obtain His righteousness, then you will enter the kingdom of heaven. Will you? Pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayer and counseling: visit, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir, Lane, Utako. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel. 08033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Can A Blood Washed Christian Go To Hell? / Thread Locked By Manmustwac, Some Moderators Are Anti~christ / A Roman Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.