Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer (35181 Views)

NPA's Claim For Shutting Down BUA Terminal Busted - Politics Nigeria (Photos) / Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To The Shutting Down Of AIT By NBC / See The Cost Of Shutting Down The Internet Per Day (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by wirinet(m): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Just take a Look at what u typed! All these sound excellent indeed in a serious, genuine, fiscal responsibly governed country that is ready to move forward! The prime example being China.

How can you compare Nigeria with China? China has a huge trade surplus with the world, it's currency is even undervalued to take advantage of that trade deficit. Nigeria on the other hand does not trade anything of significance outside oil and our exchange rate has to depend on the vagaries of oil price. China also took control of its digital products. Most digital products consumed by Chinese are Chinese owned. They ban Facebook, Twitter and most foreign products and have Chinese clones.

But in naija just forget, have u forgotten that the number one citizen went for medical attention in London for months! Why did they not patronise naija. Have u yourself seen American politicians coming here, Nigeria to acquire mansions, castles, skyscraper, hotels, business property with looted public funds? Instead these leaders u are trying to defend does exactly that in America and Europe.

I am not defending anyone and your examples above are irrelevant to the topic. What i am simply stating is the simple economic fact as long as we - I mean individuals and governments turn ourselves to consumers instead of producers, we will continue to go round in circles.

1 Like

Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by floss(m): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2021
Tolexander:
Let this be on record that Emefiele is the slave and tool being used by the Fulani to mute the southern voice.

Little wonder Buhari has to extend his stay as the CBN Governor to do the dirty job against his brothers.

Emefiele would think Buhari loves him so much, unlike other Igbo tribe, the very reason Buhari had to extend his stay as the CBN Governor. Not knowing that Buhari has decided to retain him to set him against his brother.

Ride on.
Emefiele is not the president of Nigeria, if he was your Dad, will you suggest to him to reject the extension and resign from the position of CBN Governor?.... just be honest with yourself, we Nigerians always think we will be different once given the opportunity always quick to criticize, condemn and abuse whereas in the actual sense will do worse once we get there....I'm not benefiting from this government in anyway but I don't condemn them because we are all the same....as long as this country is concern the only creature that can rule this country and make a change is an alien.... that's if it exists. My advice is this, let everyone stop seeking for another Nigerian to rule this country, no matter the tribe, ethnicity or religion, we are all the same and have the same fluid called corruption, nepotism and greed flowing through our veins.
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 06, 2021
doxijaw:

This can't be correct.

Reverse everything you said and now we have proper economics

Simple example, i use my 50k naira to buy crypto, it shoots up 10% , i now have 55k naira, the government didn't have to print more money and there was no stress put on the dwindling factors of labour to generate this additional wealth.

Forex isn't escaping because trades are in naira, in addition it's far cheaper to use the black market for Forex transfers than to use crypto.

The only downside is fraud, fraudsters don't care about transfer costs associated with crypto so they'll use it regardless.

While the wait to rise 10%, has that not prevented circulation of funds in the economy? Which inturn creates inflation when everyone dumps real economic investment for small margin profit on crypto currency not domiciled in Nigeria..

If your assumption is the case, why are countries seeking to prop in their own coin?.. eg India.

2 Likes

Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Tolexander: 9:59am On Feb 06, 2021
floss:

Emefiele is not the president of Nigeria, if he was your Dad, will you suggest to him to reject the extension and resign from the position of CBN Governor?.... just be honest with yourself, we Nigerians always think we will be different once given the opportunity always quick to criticize, condemn and abuse whereas in the actual sense will do worse once we get there....I'm not benefiting from this government in anyway but I don't condemn them because we are all the same....as long as this country is concern the only creature that can rule this country and make a change is an alien.... that's if it exists. My advice is this, let everyone stop seeking for another Nigerian to rule this country, no matter the tribe, ethnicity or religion, we are all the same and have the same fluid called corruption, nepotism and greed flowing through our veins.
That is your perception

You can be corrupt like you said. I am not
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by wirinet(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:

Good point, now how do we do that, when a large volume of liquidity is plunged into crypto currencies and stagnated by people waiting for it to rise rather than real investments.. how then do we run the economy?
Really investments where? Real investments in a country deliberately stifling business with multiple taxation, infrastructural strangulation and insecurity? Real investments when Herdsmen are killing farmers and destroying their farms, when even businesses on ground are folding up and running away?

Real investments when I have heen trying to register a limited liability company for over 1 month now. I have paid all fees and up till now nothing from CAC. I went to their office and only the security man who told me to call the head office. A phone line that is perpetually switched off.

If you have 100 million naira, would you rather not invest it in crypto currency or some other instruments like stocks, gold, etc that gambling it in investing in the Nigerian economy?

The government needs an economic team to chart an economic plan that would see Nigeria out of the current economic doldrums.

1 Like

Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by olaxm: 10:09am On Feb 06, 2021
Everybody saying CBN ban crypto-bitcoin. It hell wrong oo. CBN ban banks from doing business with various start up company in Nigeria that provide payment services to Crypto-Bitcoin trading and exchange.

Example. If you have bitcoin and you use Patricia app to sell it. Patricia can't auto pay to your local bank account again because CBN ask banks to discontinue this service. CBN no ban crypto-bitcoin trading oo. Bitcoin trading was originally designed for P2P pairs-to-pairs exchange and transaction are verified on blockchain descenralised database that removed cenralised which are CBN and Luno Patricia app etc. Bitcoin trading never end and it can't be stop via (DEX) descenralised exchange and P2P service.

App like remitano provide P2P with escrows and that is what we trader have been using for years until Nigeria start-up company start to emerge to build app around crypto trading. So what CBN did no affect anything in crypto-bitcoin trading. CBN only denied the common man on the street with no crypto knowledge an access to hold digital assets. Shikena.
Follow @dolakell on twitter For more bitcoin infogram

1 Like

Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by samcolee(m): 10:14am On Feb 06, 2021
jamace:
Boko Haram Funding should continue because Taqiya President is achieving objective...
Boko IS FGN own, that's why they're repenting and cashing out everyday
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by DimIsaac10(m): 10:19am On Feb 06, 2021
The same way hoodlums hijacked our peaceful protest.
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by A305: 10:26am On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:

Crypto currency is a lazy investment, it is beneficial to you and myself when we make small margins, but robs of liquidity from the economy. what happens to unemployment if we all are waiting on cryptos and push every atom of funds into crypto market despite have very low export to commiserate with the forex outflow?

This is the reason countries are propping their own coins, but would we ever invest in a Nigerian coin?
First of all, Crypto currency isn't a lazy investment, because it does away with legal tender (a certain country physical cash), If you trying to head that route then, stocks, securities and real properties/assets might be considered lazy investments too. These are considered financial instruments that are all traded but unlike crypto currencies which is mostly traded with another country's currency (USD).

2 - You seem to be bothered about the country being robbed of her liquidity forgetting the fact that; Liquidity is always KING, No economy can ever be robbed of its total liquidity. This is why the continuous policies and amendment of old policies by the financial institutions is duely practiced by the Apex bank.

This is also the same reason we have inflation and deflation — to check and balance liquidity in circulation or lack of it.

3 - Unemployment isn't a factor to currency exchange rather, lack of creation of SMEs and inability to resusrect the dying industrial sectors.

4 - We can never push all our naira into crypto or forex because trade still goes on here. Naira still reigh supreme in Nigeria and the money market will always balance itself otherwise CBN will step in to enforce the balance of money in circulation.

So back to my original postulation. CBN is only trying to stifle the use of crypto currency because of its dominating power over Naira and NOT lack of Naira liquidity, like you making it seem.

2 Likes

Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2021
wirinet:

Really investments where? Real investments in a country deliberately stifling business with multiple taxation, infrastructural strangulation and insecurity? Real investments when Herdsmen are killing farmers and destroying their farms, when even businesses on ground are folding up and running away?

Real investments when I have heen trying to register a limited liability company for over 1 month now. I have paid all fees and up till now nothing from CAC. I went to their office and only the security man who told me to call the head office. A phone line that is perpetually switched off.

If you have 100 million naira, would you rather not invest it in crypto currency or some other instruments like stocks, gold, etc that gambling it in investing in the Nigerian economy?

The government needs an economic team to chart an economic plan that would see Nigeria out of the current economic doldrums.

I understand you, am not a fan of this Govt either, but if we all decide to trade cryptos which is moving all our monies to bitcoin source nation, the massive recession that would hit Nigeria both in unemployment and lack of liquidity would wipe out any assumed profit including majority of the bitcoin capital.

It a difficult country, but we cant use our hands to nail our own coffins.
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by doxijaw: 10:40am On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:

While the wait to rise 10%, has that not prevented circulation of funds in the economy? Which inturn creates inflation when everyone dumps real economic investment for small margin profit on crypto currency not domiciled in Nigeria..

If your assumption is the case, why are countries seeking to prop in their own coin?.. eg India.

Is there any business/investment that doesn't take time to return profits?

Using demand and supply, how does investing in an asset create inflation when there's less fiat floating around?

The assumption that everyone will dump the real economy is subjective, some people use the trading profits to start businesses.

I wonder why crypto trading isn't affecting productivity rate in western countries, but developing countries like India and Nigeria deem it threatening.

Like I said, the only meaningful argument that makes sense is fraud and terrorism prevention.
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by faste: 10:41am On Feb 06, 2021
freemanq:
so dis is all politically motivated?
Even the NIN linkage was politically motivated
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by helinues: 10:43am On Feb 06, 2021
FrLukas:

I'm just serving you the dish you deserve. If your conscience is clear say an amen and waka pass.

Obviously you can't since you know that your posts here are borne out of wickedness.

Let me finish learning on how to give a spoon first before giving a fork
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 06, 2021
helinues:

Let me finish learning on how to give a spoon first before giving a fork

So funny I forgot to laugh. undecided
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 06, 2021
doxijaw:

Is there any business/investment that doesn't take time to return profits?

Using demand and supply, how does investing in an asset create inflation when there's less fiat floating around?

The assumption that everyone will dump the real economy is subjective, some people use the trading profits to start businesses.

I wonder why crypto trading isn't affecting productivity rate in western countries, but developing countries like India and Nigeria deem it threatening.

Like I said, the only meaningful argument that makes sense is fraud and terrorism prevention.

This is because they are export oriented nations, they would only adjust their exports of produce alongside bitcoin fx escape. This may not be same for US, because bitcoin is domiciled in US economy. That is why other nations that cant balance that propose their own coins.

Inflation would come when massive funds are plunged into cryptos while the native Govt has to print or create liquidity to oil its economy which in ture creates inflation or devalues the naira.
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by shogz89: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2021
Xeedee:

This is another real perspective that the commons Nigeria man won't reason. We should all learn to think beyond our sentimental reasoning and think about saving the future economy
I will think about my future first before thinking about Nigeria future.. If I leave a million naira in my bank account, the future of that money may likely be 200k.. So I have to secure it in a more stable currency be it crypto or USD. Let the government think about the future by reducing corruption, building infrastructures and creating enabling environment that attract FDI. banning cryptos instead of thinking on how to get the best from its usage shows a lot about the dummies we have up there.. CBN can't stop the trading BTW.. Their are different ways to avoid the restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Cyoung4real(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
use your brain properly sir

He can't use what he doesn't have.

Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Xeedee: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2021
shogz89:
I will think about my future first before thinking about Nigeria future.. If I leave a million naira in my bank account, the future of that money may likely be 200k.. So I have to secure it in a more stable currency be it crypto or USD. Let the government think about the future by reducing corruption, building infrastructures and creating enabling environment that attract FDI. banning cryptos instead of thinking on how to get the best from its usage shows a lot about the dummies we have up there.. CBN can't stop the trading BTW.. Their are different ways to avoid the restrictions.
@ Bolded-
There are actually different ways to stop the restriction. For example using peer-to-peer platorms.
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 06, 2021
Gokoyer0:
The fund will reach 28000 pounds very soon. I don donate my own. Let them come and beat me. Awon oloriburuku gbogbo.

We can't make a trip of less than 2 hours in peace anymore.

Abeg, how you do am? I want put small
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by youngpresidooo: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2021
Naira that has never been saved for years will now be saved over night
mtchwww
crypto is not own by anyone and it is not controlled by anyone. it is a decentralized system and cant be controlled by any govt policy, with or without govt. it can never be stopped even the US govt cant stop it. a sensible govt suppose to find an initiative to accept it and boost the economy of nigeria. you think you will force people to trade in Naira where VPN is the order of the day? do you think most crypto companies register as a nigerian company in the first place?
this companies pay taxes. all the money acquired from different initiatives what has it done for the country than to oppress everyone. this crypto has elevated alot of youths from poverty level,not youths looking for white collaar job for around 50k when you can make times 8 of that money in 2weeks in crypto align initiatives.
keeping deceiving yourself in the dumb decision by the govrt
Esseite:
Crypto currency is a death nail on import dominated countries. there is no balance of trade or how that can be regulated. Do you think the loans gotten from china is not a means of balancing trade due to our large imports?..

how do you balance the escape of forex through cryptos for an import dominated country especially for non physical services/goods?

- It undermines monetary policies of various Government..
- There are no checks and balances.
- Any dick and harry can prop up a coin.
- it discourages foreign investors from investing physically in developing nations.

Best initiative from CBN on saving the naira.
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by doxijaw: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:

This is because they are export oriented nations, they would only adjust their exports of produce alongside bitcoin fx escape. This may not be same for US, because bitcoin is domiciled in US economy. That is why other nations that cant balance that propose their own coins.

Inflation would come when massive funds are plunged into cryptos while the native Govt has to print or create liquidity to oil its economy which in ture creates inflation or devalues the naira.

Inflation will come because Nigeria has refused to diversify and create policies to spur growth , they use contractionary economic policies to solve a stagnated economy.

Expansionary economics is what is needed.

As for the devaluation blame it on dwindling crude oil returns /import dependency/policies that stiffle businesses not crypto.
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Cantonese: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2021
Tolexander:
And where did you read that only ndigbo are Emefiele’s brothers?

Please refer to the third paragraph of your initial comment. How do you interprete that? Or are you not the one who wrote it?
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by preacherz: 11:25am On Feb 06, 2021
TheGiftedOne:

The most brain dead Zombie[i][/i] on NL. Fill in the gap my people .
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by Grace001: 11:29am On Feb 06, 2021
Vardanes2:

Esseite is not pro APC . Read his previous posts.

His argument makes economic sense.

Oh ok no offense bro
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2021
shogz89:
exactly,

hehehe grin grin you have a digital mindset,
Thank God for making u escape that analog mentality. Those people will Neva understand.
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by PlainSight(m): 11:58am On Feb 06, 2021
Tolexander:
Let this be on record that Emefiele is the slave and tool being used by the Fulani to mute the southern voice.

Little wonder Buhari has to extend his stay as the CBN Governor to do the dirty job against his brothers.

Emefiele would think Buhari loves him so much, unlike other Igbo tribe, the very reason Buhari had to extend his stay as the CBN Governor. Not knowing that Buhari has decided to retain him to set him against his brother.

Ride on.
A day of Reckoning awaits him
Re: Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer by pimpo: 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:
Crypto currency is a death nail on import dominated countries. there is no balance of trade or how that can be regulated. Do you think the loans gotten from china is not a means of balancing trade due to our large imports?..

how do you balance the escape of forex through cryptos for an import dominated country especially for non physical services/goods?

- It undermines monetary policies of various Government..
- There are no checks and balances.
- Any dick and harry can prop up a coin.
- it discourages foreign investors from investing physically in developing nations.

Best initiative from CBN on saving the naira.
All you stated makes no sense. You are not very enlightened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Top 5 National Heroes / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Ifeanyi Ubah FC In Nnewi (Photos) / Osun Election: Couple Not Allowed To Cast Their Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.