Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits (5740 Views)

2023: Why Amaechi Will Be Apc’s Best Candidate; Thicks All Boxes. / Buhari To Service Chiefs: Your Best Not Good Enough / Ganduje Is APC Best Performing Governor - Governors Forum’s Progressive Tracking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:38am On Feb 06, 2021
The Governor of Ekiti State , Dr Kayode Fayemi, has said the efforts of the All Progressives Congress- led Federal Government in tackling the insecurity in the country have not been good enough. He however argued that the current situation was better than what was obtainable under former President Goodluck Jonathan .

Fayemi, who is a chieftain of the party and Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, in an interview with one of our correspondents, noted that with the recent appointment of new service chiefs, he was hopeful that the war would be won, especially as it tends to boost the morale of the troops on the battlefield .

The country had been engulfed in insecurity problems, through which many lives have been lost. Apart from the Boko Haram insurgency in the North - East, there have been banditry, kidnappings and armed robberies in different parts of the country.

Meanwhile , during the electioneering that brought his party into power in 2015 and 2019 , the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.) , said security , economy and fight against corruption were his cardinal programmes , with a promise to defeat the Boko Haram terrorists . But many Nigerians have expressed disappointment in the way the President has managed the affairs of the nation, especially in the three areas he promised to focus on.

The Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Lagos, Pastor Tunde Bakare , said during the week that the expectations of Nigerians hadn ’ t been met under Buhari, adding that rather than getting the change the APC promised, it appeared Nigerians had been shortchanged
However , responding to a question on insecurity and how he felt the government had fared, Fayemi said , “ You could say that the situation has not improved much in the sense that Boko Haram has only been technically defeated , not effectively clamped ( sic) . ”
When asked if he would have been comfortable with the situation of things if the APC was not in power, he said , “ I was in Maiduguri last month to commiserate with the governor when those 43 farmers were killed , so you could say, yes, they are still there.

It shows that a lot more could be done by our government. Our best has not been good enough but significantly better than what transpired under the President Goodluck Jonathan administration.

“ There is no question about that , but that is not comfort for victims, what victims want to see is obliteration of these marauders and we have got to figure out whoever is going to take over from this administration. We must help the Buhari administration to finally nail the coffin of Boko Haram before the administration leaves office . That, for me, is why I am excited by the recent changes of service chiefs .

“ There are those who will say changing service chiefs will not change the status of the war , I can tell you as a student of security that war is largely won by the morale of the fighting men . If the fighting men don ’t have confidence in the leadership, they will not display the necessary courage for the battle.

“ I think the President has chosen well in terms of the people who have been selected as service chiefs and the Chief of Defence Staff. They are tested and trusted by the men and they are likely to deliver a lot better on the field. ”

says huge out-of-school children recipe for disaster

Fayemi also pointed out that the causes of the war should also be examined, especially the high number of children that are out of school.

He added, “What did we fail to manage well? It was utterly the failure of government that allowed things to degenerate to the point where our younger ones felt that the only option they had was to join the insurgents.

“How did we create a society that leaves the young ones with no other option but to become canon folders for war mongers? I think we all have to answer that question and then do something about it because we have 10 million kids out of school. It is a recipe for disaster.

“It is easy for those who want to recruit to find these kids, give them a little incentive even if it is food because they are hungry and then convert them to moles and canon folders for the war. That is why we need to work very strongly with the governor of Borno in order to manage this crisis that we have found ourselves in so that it doesn’t spread.”

Tinubu, myself never told anyone we’d run in 2023 – Fayemi

Speaking on the clash between his supporters and those of the National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, over their respective presidential ambitions, Fayemi said there was no basis for any altercation between their supporters.

He added, “This is an issue that has not arisen at all and this kind of politics will not help us in APC or in the South-West neither is it helpful to the development of democracy, our zone and our race. I have not told anybody that I will run (for presidency) and Asiwaju, to the best of my knowledge, has not told anybody that he is interested. Neither Asiwaju nor myself had told anybody to start attacking people. This is a matter which will sort itself out in the future.”

https://punchng.com/insecurity-apcs-best-not-yet-good-enough-fayemi-admits/

1 Share

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by kayusely70(m): 2:05am On Feb 06, 2021
He Should Advise His Northern Cronies To Send Their Children To School To Stem The Insurgency!

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Praxis758: 2:59am On Feb 06, 2021
You only expect the best when your have put in some effort.

It's obvious to the blind and audible to the deaf that Buhari doesn't care about persistence insecurity in the country.

It is a fruitless hope to expect someone who cannot tackle bandittry at his backyard to be designing strategy for the larger country.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by sofeo(m): 5:43am On Feb 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by LordIsaac(m): 5:43am On Feb 06, 2021
Very bad administration!

7 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Ajanlekoko4: 5:43am On Feb 06, 2021
Better still, Buhari's best not good enough

7 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Amuluonyenaego: 5:44am On Feb 06, 2021
Mouth watering govt

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Weedhustler: 5:46am On Feb 06, 2021
Mass burial for all our leaders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Bukden16(m): 5:48am On Feb 06, 2021
This empty head afonja.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by WiszyFraud: 5:48am On Feb 06, 2021
APC remains the biggest mistake Nigerians made in history.. bunch of failures and looters grin

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Jestin: 5:50am On Feb 06, 2021
APC members are coming in terms with reality that this government is a huge failure.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by gambia(m): 5:52am On Feb 06, 2021
The country has gone to the dogs.
Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by pickatyouu: 5:55am On Feb 06, 2021
Your league of extraordinary thieves will disagree with you

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by pickatyouu: 5:56am On Feb 06, 2021
Your league of extraordinary thieves will disagree with you
wink

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Racoon(m): 6:02am On Feb 06, 2021
Their hallucinatory perceptions are giving way and reality is more clearer now.APC was the worst political scam & mistake to grace our national life. Mannabbgrills what say ya?

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Brushstrokes20: 6:19am On Feb 06, 2021
Useless govt of self serving THIEVES and sadistic tyrant!

# Nigeria's worst blunder!

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by DanielPop(m): 6:24am On Feb 06, 2021
Ah! I remember the giddy days and fervor with which the Yoruba's campaigned for Buhari! How their girls would kiss his poster. How they did t-shirt aso-ebi's with Buhari and Osibanjo's picture where they were drinking sachet Milo tea! Ah those heady days! Days where the yoruba's poured online warriors all over the internet to sell buhari's candidacy, a man they dressed in borrowed garbs from the East and West but never in fulani attire!

A man they insanely loved to the point that they hated anyone who said otherwise and called them "thieves" or beneficiaries of PDP"looters." Yoruba imams, pastors and babalawo's praised and prayed consistently for Buhari and earnestly yearned for his leadership because, to them, he would rule with hate for corruption, nepotism, ethnic chauvinism and he would be a President for all. They cursed all in opposition and labelled them with all sorts, such was the hate emanating from the very top of religion/religious leaders. Indeed for all! Yoruba intelligentsia all lined up and outdid themselves with beautiful prose in awe of buhari!

You were hated in class, in the market, in church, in mosque, on the streets and in friendly gatherings if you dared speak against their messiah - buhari! Such was the love that friends cut ties, religious institutions blacklisted anyone who did not toe the buhari line. It was a complete wipeout of opposing voices of reason or call for closer scrutiny of the man they were selling! Even their revered poet body-shamed a fellow human being with the appellation - "shepopotamus." Such was the hate that it didn't matter the victim was a woman!

Ah Yoruba's! With all your self-proclaimed "sophistication" and "discerning nature" this is what you came up with? A monster that is devouring your people and spreading his tentacles to those that never supported the "leopard" who can never shed it spots? With all your intelligence, you never saw what blind bats saw? You forgot "words" or rather chose to forget "words" he spoke in front of Lam Adeshina when he openly threw statesmanship aside and batted in favor of "my people," the same people that are now throwing murder, rape, looting, kidnapping, mayhem like candies in all directions?

Haba Yoruba people! You have brought home ant-infested maggots but now complaining of the lizards visiting you? Truly, your refusal to learn from history but to be carried away by selfishness and unbridled desire for position caused all this. You were all swept away by your secret fantasies that Buhari will die and Osibanjo will become President! You were even wishing buhari death too, while extolling his "virtues." Ah Yoruba people, was Janus this two-faced?

Before you begin to insult me, let what I have written cause you to pause and ponder instead of your usual nature of attacking the story-teller who will not tell a story that excites you. Ingest this write-up to incite your thinking abilities and conscience. Let it inspire you to realise that you failed in your quest to use the emperor you installed as a pedestal to attain power. You did not only fail, you brought down the house on your head and that of your neighbors in the process!

Which ever road you travel from here MY YORUBA PEOPLE history has already recorded this event and it will forever remain not only as a deep scar on your conscience but is now your branding! In this 21st century and it's attendant technologies you have repeated the mistakes of Afonja. As you set about unravelling the knots with which you tied us all, let true (not insincere) fairness, equity and selflessness guide you! Ah yoruba!!!!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Flexherbal(m): 6:25am On Feb 06, 2021
The killings these days are getting out of hand.

I know for some people, if it does not happen to someone close to them , they will not believe.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:27am On Feb 06, 2021
Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.”
We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Lincoln275(m): 6:31am On Feb 06, 2021
They are getting the heat from their devil party too

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by helinues: 6:34am On Feb 06, 2021
Simply the truth
Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Racoon(m): 6:35am On Feb 06, 2021
DanielPop:
Ah! I remember the giddy days and fervor with which the Yoruba's campaigned for Buhari! How their girls would kiss his poster. How they did t-shirt aso-ebi's with Buhari and Osibanjo's picture where they were drinking sachet Milo tea! Ah those heady days! Days where the yoruba's poured online warriors all over the internet to sell buhari's candidacy, a man they dressed in borrowed garbs from the East and West but never in fulani attire!

A man they insanely loved to the point that they hated anyone who said otherwise and called them "thieves" or beneficiaries of PDP"looters." Yoruba imams, pastors and babalawo's praised and prayed consistently for Buhari and earnestly yearned for his leadership because, to them, he would rule with hate for corruption, nepotism, ethnic chauvinism and he would be a President for all. They cursed all in opposition and labelled them with all sorts, such was the hate emanating from the very top of religion/religious leaders. Indeed for all! Yoruba intelligentsia all lined up and outdid themselves with beautiful prose in awe of buhari!

You were hated in class, in the market, in church, in mosque, on the streets and in friendly gatherings if you dared speak against their messiah - buhari! Such was the love that friends cut ties, religious institutions blacklisted anyone who did not toe the buhari line. It was a complete wipeout of opposing voices of reason or call for closer scrutiny of the man they were selling! Even their revered poet body-shamed a fellow human being with the appellation - "shepopotamus." Such was the hate that it didn't matter the victim was a woman!

Ah Yoruba's! With all your self-proclaimed "sophistication" and "discerning nature" this is what you came up with? A monster that is devouring your people and spreading his tentacles to those that never supported the "leopard" who can never shed it spots? With all your intelligence, you never saw what blind bats saw? You forgot "words" or rather chose to forget "words" he spoke in front of Lam Adeshina when he openly threw statesmanship aside and batted in favor of "my people," the same people that are now throwing murder, rape, looting, kidnapping, mayhem like candies in all directions?

Haba Yoruba people! You have brought home ant-infested maggots but now complaining of the lizards visiting you? Truly, your refusal to learn from history but to be carried away by selfishness and unbridled desire for position caused all this. You were all swept away by your secret fantasies that Buhari will die and Osibanjo will become President! You were even wishing buhari death too, while extolling his "virtues." Ah Yoruba people, was Janus this two-faced?

Before you begin to insult me, let what I have written cause you to pause and ponder instead of your usual nature of attacking the story-teller who will not tell a story that excites you. Ingest this write-up to incite your thinking abilities and conscience. Let it inspire you to realise that you failed in your quest to use the emperor you installed as a pedestal to attain power. You did not only fail, you brought down the house on your head and that of your neighbors in the process!

Which ever road you travel from here MY YORUBA PEOPLE history has already recorded this event and it will forever remain not only as a deep scar on your conscience but is now your branding! In this 21st century and it's attendant technologies you have repeated the mistakes of Afonja. As you set about unravelling the knots with which you tied us all, let true (not insincere) fairness, equity and selflessness guide you! Ah yoruba!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing sir. Reality is more clearer.The likes of Bola Tinubu, Prof Wole Soyinka etc that fought IBB, Abacha will come in 2014 to tell Nigerians that Buhari was the messiah? I gave up on the the so called educated people back then.

"..In fact, if there are Nigerians that can be exonerated they are the people of the South-East and South-South; but the North and the South-West are responsible for our problems today under this regime.I said it right from the beginning that Buhari is not competent and therefore cannot lead.

Now, we are crying.It was our shortsightedness.People did not behave the way they are supposed to behaved when Buhari was looking for power..." https://www.sunnewsonline.com/yakasai-to-nigerians-blame-southwest-north-for-your-sufferings/

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by 01mcfadden(m): 6:38am On Feb 06, 2021
Hmmm
Mr Fayemi, stop playing with words, it's better put as "Not Good Enough" rather than "Not Yet Good Enough".
There's no blue print to suggest it'd still be good.
Not even with your policies that keep trying to impoverish Nigerians further.
Shame!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by 01mcfadden(m): 6:39am On Feb 06, 2021
Flexherbal:
The killings these days are getting out of hand.

I know for some people, if it does not happen to someone close to them , they will not believe.

And what will come out of it?
Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Racoon(m): 6:40am On Feb 06, 2021
helinues:
Simply the truth
So you no fit say your usual "Toh!" or "Summary pls" because the reality is now more crystal clear right? Oluwa a gba e la o.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Crazeworld(m): 6:41am On Feb 06, 2021
Not only insecurity sef...
Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by helinues: 6:42am On Feb 06, 2021
Racoon:
So you no fit say your usual "Toh!" or "Summary pls" because the reality is now more crystal clear right? Oluwa a gba e la o.

Professional troller, get behind me...

You do not have to seek my authentication on almost every comments of yours.

Make your comments and waka like other NL's
Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by JooEeL(m): 6:44am On Feb 06, 2021
What sort of nonsense title is this?

I am seeing the words "Fayemi" and "APC" mixed with words like "good" and "best"?...

Wonders shall never end. undecided

This Fayemi wey hin head just strong like yesterday eba.

Alatenuje weyrey. Mumu yoruba herdsman.
Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Writendearn: 6:45am On Feb 06, 2021
grin
Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by Racoon(m): 6:48am On Feb 06, 2021
[s]
helinues:
Professional troller, get behind me.You do not have to seek my authentication on almost every comments of yours.Make your comments and waka like other NL's
[/s]This is a public forum for intellectual discussion to enable people to be well informed & not your father's parlour. So if you cant take the heat, pls get out.Dont be polluting the social space.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits by helinues: 6:51am On Feb 06, 2021
Racoon:
[s][/s]This is a public forum for intellectual discussion to enable people to be well informed & not your father's parlour. So if you cant take the heat, pls get out.Dont be polluting the social space.

Why do you like to contradict yourself...

You once claimed I am not intelligent enough to engage with yet a day can't pass without you mentioning me.

You are simply seeking my authentication and validation on issues which I understand.

But stop trolling me...Engage with the so called intelligent people on NL...

That is not too hard to ask.. Right? undecided

Just wondering if your days are always bitter that you can't do in a day without abusing, cursing Buhari, Tinubu and progressive supporters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu: My Government Will Dismantle Bottlenecks In Mining Sector / How Many States Have Peter Obi Gotten 25% / Trending Graphic Video Of The Daughter Of The President (adults Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.