Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. (2538 Views)

Analyse This Bible Passage And Tell Me If You Believe this really Happened / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? / Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Ihedinobi3: 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

Heaves a sigh......

Very Deep.....

Who was the Great Angel in Rev 10

But the Bible said that 12,000 people will be chosen from the 12 Tribes of Israel i.e 144000 God's elect to rule with him in Heaven for ever while other believers will reign with christ here on Earth.....

Revelation 14:1-5, 12 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

The angel was a demonstration of Christ. That is, he was used to show John what the return of Jesus Christ was going to be like. That was to encourage him and the reader because of what would soon follow in the prophecy that John was being given. In short, the appearance of the angel at that point was to focus the reader's attention on the Return of Jesus Christ beyond the terrible persecutions of the Great Tribulation that was just about to follow. These persecutions are what made the little scroll indigestible for John. Those of us who believe enjoy learning about the Return of Jesus Christ, but living through the Tribulation is going to be very difficult indeed, so difficult that many of us will fall away from the faith. The only way to get through the persecutions of that time is to keep our gaze on Jesus Christ and maintain the hope of His Return in our hearts until the very end.

I've never seen any passage in the Bible that says that 144 000 people will reign with Christ in Heaven while others will be on earth. Not one. I have read this instead:

1 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.” 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed: 5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed; 6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed; 7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed; 8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.
Revelation 7:1-8 (NKJV)

1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.
Revelation 14:1-5 (NKJV)

Not one mention of their reigning anywhere with Christ or their being in Heaven while others are on earth. These are mere fabrications of Jehovah's Witnesses and others who have no respect for the Scriptures.

These 144 000 Jewish men are truly believers, yes. They are truly special, yes. But they are not separate from the rest of us. They are special because they are just like the apostles. During the Tribulation, they are Jewish men who will come to be saved and follow the ministry of the two witnesses (Moses and Elijah) under whom they will grow to spiritual maturity and begin their own ministry as evangelists and teachers specifically sent to fellow Jews around the world to prepare them for the return of Israel's King. They will be unique in many ways. And every last one of them will be martyred. In fact, along with the two witnesses, they will be the grand opening for the persecution of believers in the Great Tribulation. That is why the Bible calls them the first fruits from among men. They will be the first cohorts of martyrs in the Great Tribulation. But they are not going to be in Heaven while other believers will be on earth. There is no biblical evidence for that.

Like other believers, when they die, they will be taken to Heaven to rest from their labors on earth. They will remain there until Jesus returns to the earth when they along with all other believers who died and will die until that time will also come back with Him in their new eternal bodies.

As I have said already, after the Resurrection, we will all be evaluated by the Lord Jesus and then our eternal ranks will be awarded to us. They will receive their own ranks too. Then they will rule with the rest of us over the whole Earth. In the new Universe that Jesus will also create, they will be on the new Earth with all the rest of us, since even the Father will be on the new Earth with all of us then (Revelation 21:2-3).
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2021
You are welcome!

My brother DappaD said i'll get back to you due to some explanations that i never completed and as a member of our global family of peace loving worshipers he knew something was missing in my explanation.
The child is the Christ who was the Temple of God that was demolished and rebuilt in three days, of course the one and only group that's practicing what this child teaches back then is the Organization of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES today. The Christ (the woman's son) you can't see again but you will see his Witnesses who are taking his PEACE loving message throughout the earth.
God's word told us that when the Christ comes he will be called the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace! Isaiah 9:6

Yes his wonderful counsel has help almost 9,000,000 people from all parts of the earth form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers, they have settled all the racial disputes that's causing hatred in their midst, they have dropped all armful weapons of war and they have vowed never to learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Micah 4:1-3

Do you still need anyone to tell you that these is the handiworks of the Prince of Peace? Well that's why i said the child born (that you can see) today on planet earth is the one and only group that have successfully completed all what was written in that Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-3 JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

You're welcome Sir! smiley

Donspicey:

Amen....
Thanks alot..
DappaD and Jesusjnr2020 what about the Bolded
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Nephilim: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:
Revelation 12:1-17 [b]And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ[/b].

Who is the Woman??

Who is the Child?

And what later happened to the Child?
The woman is the Church... Trying to give birth represents the tribulations she will go through, and then she will birth a Son.

The Son she gave birth to are the saints that will be raptured and taken into the heavens to which the kingdoms of the world will be given to for rulership and Our LORD JESUS as the King of Kings!.

The devil will try to attack and seize this baby (saints) since they are just brought into a different newness but they will be snatched into the heavens by the spirit of God and the holy angels.. (in a twinkle of an eye will shall all be changed and be caught up) 1st Corinthians 15:52.

When the devil sees he has lost that, he will go forward to persecute the other children (left behind saints) of the woman (church) but then the church will fly into the wilderness Matthew 24:16, after the caught up, you won't hear of church activities in the world like before especially in the city but those that are ready to give their all to overcome the dragon will mostly be in the wilderness, pleading for mercy and waiting for His second return!

Rev 12:13-17, While the woman (church) flies to the wilderness the dragon(satan) will pour forth water (troubles) to carry away the woman but the earth (the heathens) will open and swallow it up!...... The devil will operate through an Anti-Christ system, not all nations will follow suit initially and his plans will meet with some brute force that'll repel it.. This is to give the woman (church) some times to be nurtured 3 and half years, Revelation 12:6, 14,(1260 days) after that the full tribulation will commence, this denote the outblown war between Michael and the serpent with their angels Revelation 12:7, and at this point for the left behind saints Revelation 12:11 is their only way out.

The first part of the chapter 12 was John seeing it and the other part was the angel explaining it to him from verse 10.

He that has ear let him hear what the spirit says to the church!
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
DappaD:

Concerning just the bolded right? Okay.

I’m also one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and MaxInDHouse’s statement is ambiguous to an extent.

Revelation 12:17 shows that Satan[the dragon] was persecuting the remaining of the woman’s seed here on earth[but further research still needs to be done on the woman’s identity]
The remaining of the woman’s seed has again, another connection with Genesis 3:15 and represents the anointed Christians amongst Jehovah’s Witnesses who while in flesh, have been chosen to rule alongside Jesus Christ.
Compare Galatians 3:26-29
That does not mean we’re forcing our own understanding on you.

My brother MaxInDHouse will do further research and get back to you concerning the identity of the woman and the child at Revelation 12:1-5.
I hope that will be okay?

Thanks alot.....

Really appreciate ur time....

We ask to learn...
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

PS: I forgot to explain what I think your question really is here, Donspicey. I think that you are asking what Revelation 12 actually means.

At that point, John was given both a flashback and a flashforward.

First, he was shown Israel producing God's Messiah, the bone of contention from the beginning. Satan wanted God's Throne from the beginning. He was made the preeminent creature in the universe, God's very own "bodyguard," but that did not satisfy him. He wanted to be God Himself. Well, God was not going to give Him His Throne. Rather, God made Man and gave him Satan's old position as ruler of the earth. Man sinned and gave away a considerable portion of that authority to Satan. But this only triggered the Promise of the Messiah Who would come and take all that Satan once had.

That Messiah is Jesus Christ. His first Advent was not a warrior Advent. He did not come then to conquer and reign. He came to face tests and offer His Life as a ransom for the world that God loves, the very opposite of what Satan did when he ruled over God's earth. Satan attempted to wrest the earth from God and make it his own, destroying it in the process. Jesus came to win it back for the Lord God even at the cost of His Own Life.

So, of course, Satan tried to destroy Him. Interestingly, this image of a dragon waiting to destroy a baby boy is very reminiscent of what Herod did when the wise men told him of the birth of the Christ. Satan tried many times and in many ways either to physically destroy the Lord Jesus or to get Him to sin so that He would fail in His Mission. He failed on both counts. When he did succeed at killing Him, it only destroyed his own war plan. By killing Jesus Christ, he made the Sacrifice for all human sin happen. That effectively lost the war for him.

Since the time that that happened, there has been a truce of sorts between God and Satan in the Heavens. Daniel 10:13,20 shows that there was war going on in the heavens above us (not in the Third Heaven, which is God's Battle Headquarters and His current Abode, just the atmosphere and the second Heaven that we call space). But both Daniel 12:1 (Michael's standing up) and Revelation 12:7 indicate that war will break out again in the heavens. You can see from these latter two passages both that there was no war going on up to that point and that war began again at that point. This is because Jesus effectively ended the war with His sacrifice on the Cross. The Messiah was born. He lived without ever sinning. Then He paid the price for human sin on the Cross. Satan was not able to stop any of that.

Then, obviously, Jesus returned to the Third Heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father, having earned by His Obedience as a Human Being the right to rule over all of God's creation.

What did Satan do right after? He could no longer touch Jesus Himself, so ever since then, it has been the Church that he has been attacking and persecuting. The Church has been attacked either with physical persecution or with spiritual corruption since Jesus went back to Heaven until now. And Satan has not done his worst yet.

When the war breaks out in the heavens again, Michael and his cohort of angels (he is one of seven archangels, so he controls only a fraction of all of the angelic armies, but they are sort of the special forces of heaven because Michael's position is a special one) will attack Satan and throw him and his own angelic followers out of the first and second heavens. They will be forced to limit their operations to the earth. This will happen at the midpoint of the Tribulation. That is, in fact, what will trigger the Great Tribulation.

It is because Satan will have lost his place in the heavens at that time (up to that time, the Bible calls him the prince of the power of the air and he does go to the Third Heaven to accuse believers before God, so no, the idea that he fell from heaven some time in the distant past is false and unbiblical) that he will begin a systematic effort to try to kill every last believer in the world through the persecutions of the Antichrist at that time. If he succeeds, then God would have failed in at least one of His Promises, thus proving that Satan's lies about Him might be true.

Of course, he won't succeed. He won't succeed at destroying the nation of Israel partly because a group of believing Israelites will be delivered by the Lord through the command to flee once the Antichrist's idol is set up in the outer court of the Temple in Jerusalem. Those believers will flee toward the South-East where no army sent by the Antichrist will be able to reach them. When one is sent, the Lord will cause the earth to swallow them up (Revelation 12:15).

When he sees that he has failed to catch these believing Jews and kill them, Satan will turn his attention toward killing all Gentile believers. That is why the last 3.5 years of the Tribulation is called the great tribulation. It is a period of intense persecution meant to cause believers to give up their faith in Christ or else to die.

Of course, although many believers will be killed, many will survive to see Jesus return. So, Satan will lose on all fronts.

This is what John was given to see in Revelation 12. Revelation 11:15-15:8 is a description of the stage of the war after the first half of the Tribulation. It essentially sets the stage for the Seven Bowl Judgments that begin in Revelation 16. It explains why the saints are about to suffer, how Satan sets things up (the summoning of the Antichrist and his prophet) for that persecution, and the suffering itself so that the reader can understand why the Seven Bowl Judgments follow.

Please let me know if there's anything you need explained further.

@bolded..This is what i read:

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Do satan still have access to see and communicate with God

Cos u said that He does go to the third heaven to accuse believers before God....
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

So when was the Revelation given to John

Before or After the death of Jesus Christ??

And who was showing John the things that will take place??
It was Jesus after His death revealing to John things that have already taken place in the past, and things yet to come.

Thanks.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nephilim:
The woman is the Church... Trying to give birth represents the tribulations she will go through, and then she will birth a Son.

The Son she gave birth to are the saints that will be raptured and taken into the heavens to which the kingdoms of the world will be given to for rulership and Our LORD JESUS as the King of Kings!.

The devil will try to attack and seize this baby (saints) since they are just brought into a different newness but they will be snatched into the heavens by the spirit of God and the holy angels.. (in a twinkle of an eye will shall all be changed and be caught up) 1st Corinthians 15:52.

When the devil sees he has lost that, he will go forward to persecute the other children (left behind saints) of the woman (church) but then the church will fly into the wilderness Matthew 24:16, after the caught up, you won't hear of church activities in the world like before especially in the city but those that are ready to give their all to overcome the dragon will mostly be in the wilderness, pleading for mercy and waiting for His second return!

Rev 12:13-17, While the woman (church) flies to the wilderness the dragon(satan) will pour forth water (troubles) to carry away the woman but the earth (the heathens) will open and swallow it up!...... The devil will operate through an Anti-Christ system, not all nations will follow suit initially and his plans will meet with some brute force that'll repel it.. This is to give the woman (church) some times to be nurtured 3 and half years, Revelation 12:6, 14,(1260 days) after that the full tribulation will commence, this denote the outblown war between Michael and the serpent with their angels Revelation 12:7, and at this point for the left behind saints Revelation 12:11 is their only way out.

The first part of the chapter 12 was John seeing it and the other part was the angel explaining it to him from verse 10.

He that has ear let him hear what the spirit says to the church!

Interesting....

Meaning none of the events in Revelation have taken place
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You are welcome!

My brother DappaD said i'll get back to you due to some explanations that i never completed and as a member of our global family of peace loving worshipers he knew something was missing in my explanation.
The child is the Christ who was the Temple of God that was demolished and rebuilt in three days, of course the one and only group that's practicing what this child teaches back then is the Organization of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES today. The Christ (the woman's son) you can't see again but you will see his Witnesses who are taking his PEACE loving message throughout the earth.
God's word told us that when the Christ comes he will be called the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace! Isaiah 9:6

Yes his wonderful counsel has help almost 9,000,000 people from all parts of the earth form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers, they have settled all the racial disputes that's causing hatred in their midst, they have dropped all armful weapons of war and they have vowed never to learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Micah 4:1-3

Do you still need anyone to tell you that these is the handiworks of the Prince of Peace? Well that's why i said the child born (that you can see) today on planet earth is the one and only group that have successfully completed all what was written in that Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-3 JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

You're welcome Sir! smiley

If the Child is Christ,Who is the woman??

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Ihedinobi3: 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

@bolded..This is what i read:

Revelation 12:9

Do satan still have access to see and communicate with God

Cos u said that He does go to the third heaven to accuse believers before God....

As I attempted to explain, this casting down is what happens at the midpoint of the Tribulation to trigger the Great Tribulation of the second half of that period. It did not happen in the past. It is yet to happen in the future even today.

As one commenter here has demonstrated, it is often misinterpreted to be a past event because of what Jesus said in Luke 10:18. In fact, in both passages, these are prophecies of what was yet to happen.

Satan has not been cast out of the heavens yet, and yes, he still goes before God to accuse Christians. Of course, God does not listen to him because Jesus has paid the price for all sin, but he does go.

In Isaiah 14:12 and Ezekiel 28:16, there are other descriptions of Satan's expulsion from God's Presence, but again, these are prophecies. They are not the only prophecies that were given in past tense. Other examples are Revelation 2-3 that is a description of church history after the death of the apostles, much of which was still future at the time of John's writing; Isaiah 54:1, which is a description of Israel in the Millennium; Deuteronomy 32:15-18, which is a description of Israel's later apostasy that would happen between the time of Jeroboam son of Nebat and the time of Hoshea, the last king to rule over the Northern kingdom and of Judah's between the time of Manasseh and the time of Zedekiah.

What it means when prophecy is made in past tense is that God is emphasizing the certainty of the prophecy. It's like saying that something will surely happen no matter what. Of course, there is nothing in the Plan of God that will not happen. When He makes emphases like this, it isn't because there is any real fear that what He says may not happen. Rather, it is in order to put beyond any human doubt that something will happen. Satan will surely be cast out of the heavens. The reader is to take absolute confidence in that. We are to be encouraged with the certainty that this war will end and God will surely win. That is what these prophecies say to us, not that the war is already over or that Satan is already out of the picture. Neither is the case yet, although they will most certainly be in the near future.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 5:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

The angel was a demonstration of Christ. That is, he was used to show John what the return of Jesus Christ was going to be like. That was to encourage him and the reader because of what would soon follow in the prophecy that John was being given. In short, the appearance of the angel at that point was to focus the reader's attention on the Return of Jesus Christ beyond the terrible persecutions of the Great Tribulation that was just about to follow. These persecutions are what made the little scroll indigestible for John. Those of us who believe enjoy learning about the Return of Jesus Christ, but living through the Tribulation is going to be very difficult indeed, so difficult that many of us will fall away from the faith. The only way to get through the persecutions of that time is to keep our gaze on Jesus Christ and maintain the hope of His Return in our hearts until the very end.

I've never seen any passage in the Bible that says that 144 000 people will reign with Christ in Heaven while others will be on earth. Not one. I have read this instead:

1 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.” 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed: 5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed; 6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed; 7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed; 8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.
Revelation 7:1-8 (NKJV)

1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.
Revelation 14:1-5 (NKJV)

Not one mention of their reigning anywhere with Christ or their being in Heaven while others are on earth. These are mere fabrications of Jehovah's Witnesses and others who have no respect for the Scriptures.

These 144 000 Jewish men are truly believers, yes. They are truly special, yes. But they are not separate from the rest of us. They are special because they are just like the apostles. During the Tribulation, they are Jewish men who will come to be saved and follow the ministry of the two witnesses (Moses and Elijah) under whom they will grow to spiritual maturity and begin their own ministry as evangelists and teachers specifically sent to fellow Jews around the world to prepare them for the return of Israel's King. They will be unique in many ways. And every last one of them will be martyred. In fact, along with the two witnesses, they will be the grand opening for the persecution of believers in the Great Tribulation. That is why the Bible calls them the first fruits from among men. They will be the first cohorts of martyrs in the Great Tribulation. But they are not going to be in Heaven while other believers will be on earth. There is no biblical evidence for that.

Like other believers, when they die, they will be taken to Heaven to rest from their labors on earth. They will remain there until Jesus returns to the earth when they along with all other believers who died and will die until that time will also come back with Him in their new eternal bodies.

As I have said already, after the Resurrection, we will all be evaluated by the Lord Jesus and then our eternal ranks will be awarded to us. They will receive their own ranks too. Then they will rule with the rest of us over the whole Earth. In the new Universe that Jesus will also create, they will be on the new Earth with all the rest of us, since even the Father will be on the new Earth with all of us then (Revelation 21:2-3).

Very Very interesting explanation.....

No wonder some Christians lose faith in Christianity cause no one to explain the Bible to their understanding

One more question sir......

Among the seven Seals and their plaques in Revelation 6 are we experiencing any of them or its a future occurence??

Cause i hv been thinking weda we are on the fourth seal due to what have been going on around the world....

Violence,Inflation,Famine,Deaths everywhere
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
The woman is the 144,000 born again Christians to be selected from among Jesus' earthly disciples. Jesus metaphorically referred to this woman when he said "Wisdom is justified by HER children" {Luke 7:35} So she's not a literal woman but the body of anointed followers of Jesus {Ephesians 5:23} who are going to start living with him in heaven {John 14:6} due to their limited number Jesus referred to them as little flock {Luke 12:32} This 144,000 will become like a wife adorned for her husband! Revelations 21:2
They are leaving their supposed permanent abode (earth) to go and stay with Christ forever in their new abode (heaven) 1Thessalonians 4:16-18

Donspicey:

If the Child is Christ,Who is the woman??
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The woman is the 144,000 born again Christians to be selected from among Jesus' earthly disciples. Jesus metaphorically referred to this woman when he said "Wisdom is justified by HER children" {Luke 7:35} So she's not a literal woman but the body of anointed followers of Jesus {Ephesians 5:23} who are going to start living with him in heaven {John 14:6} due to their limited number Jesus referred to them as little flock {Luke 12:32} This 144,000 will become like a wife adorned for her husband! Revelations 21:2
They are leaving their supposed permanent abode (earth) to go and stay with Christ forever in their new abode (heaven) 1Thessalonians 4:16-18

Who will then be in the New heaven and New Earth Cause it is written that God and Jesus will rule over the New Heaven and Earth with the saints...

Revelation 21:1-12, 22-27 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Ihedinobi3: 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

Very Very interesting explanation.....

No wonder some Christians lose faith in Christianity cause no one to explain the Bible to their understanding

One more question sir......

Among the seven Seals and their plaques in Revelation 6 are we experiencing any of them or its a future occurence??

Cause i hv been thinking weda we are on the fourth seal due to what have been going on around the world....

Violence,Inflation,Famine,Deaths everywhere

Quite true, although I wouldn't say that there's no one to explain the Bible. There are gifted and prepared Bible teachers. The question is how determined we are to find and receive correct Bible teaching. God tests every heart in this world. One of the ways that He does so is by not giving us what we want the very first moment we ask for it. If we want the Truth, then we will persist in seeking it, asking for it, and knocking on the door to it until we are given it. If we don't, then after a few attempts, we may be satisfied with something inferior to it. That would be a failure on our part.

18 Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.
For the LORD is a God of justice;
Blessed are all those who wait for Him...20 And though the Lord gives you
The bread of adversity and the water of affliction,
Yet your teachers will not be moved into a corner anymore,
But your eyes shall see your teachers.
Isa 30:18,20 (NKJV)

I searched for a long time myself. I was born into the Methodist Church, but my mother's side of the family was Roman Catholic. I grew up with exposure to all kinds of "Christian" traditions including the Jehovah's Witnesses. I personally elected to join the Pentecostal/Word of Faith movement when I came of age. It was just a journey through church after church all in pursuit of clear and correct teaching of the Bible until I was past my 29th birthday. That year was when I stopped going to church. It still took another two years before God miraculously brought me to a pastor-teacher who trained me in the Scriptures. The ministry is at https://ichthys.com if you're interested. I'm still training for my pastor-teaching ministry under his guidance. Maybe this is the end of your own search. I certainly hope that you find it to be so.

About your question, no, nothing in the seven seals is happening yet. The seven seals are trends of events that will begin occuring once the Tribulation begins. The Tribulation has not begun in spite of all the happenings in the world. I don't mean that earthquakes, tsunamis, wars, etc are not happening. I only mean that the Tribulation variety of these things has not begun yet.

Still, it is not right to dismiss the events going on now. Anyone with even half an honest brain cell knows that things are speeding up. That makes sense because Satan knows that the time for the final showdown is very short now. He is setting things in motion and preparing the world for the Tribulation. The Tribulation is going to polarize the world like nothing has ever done. There will be very few people indeed in the middle once it begins. I personally doubt that there will still be atheists beyond the 4th or 5th year of the Tribulation. The Antichrist is going to call himself God, after all, and demand to be worshipped. There will also be all sorts of frequent supernatural occurrences, but then free will is a real thing, so it is possible that in spite of all of that, some people will still be insistent that there is no God. But the fact remains that the vast majority of the population will either be red-hot Christians or red-hot unbelievers who can't wait to rid the world of Christians.

Because of this, Satan is working very hard to prime the human race for that time. That is partly why things are looking like they are. The time is very short now.

How will we know when the Tribulation begins though?

5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.
Revelation 8:5 (NKJV)

The above describes global phenomena that will occur at the same time. That is, there will be a worldwide earthquake that everyone on the earth will experience. There will be thundering, lightning, and literally, voices that will be heard from heaven all over the world. Once that happens, any believer who has been diligent in learning the Scriptures will know that the Tribulation has begun.

To confirm, the observer can look out for the trends described by the seals.

1. Someone will seize power in the most powerful and richest nation on earth in a cunning but illegal way. Then that person will somehow gain power over all of Europe, that is, over the territories once ruled by Imperial Rome. Then he will start a fight with another person who is ruling over all the Islamic territories at that time (which means that there will be a consolidated Islamic bloc at that time).

2. Social institutions will fall apart. People will become quite cruel and dangerous to deal with because they will no longer respect law or tradition or culture.

3. There will be incredible economic collapse in Europe, but it will be artificially achieved. It will not be because of natural causes. They will be the direct result of policies instituted by the despot in #1 above.

4. There will be accelerated mortality in Europe as a result of the wars that will be fought between Europe under this charismatic individual and the Middle East/Africa under his counterpart; the economic measures; the destruction of decency in communities in that part of the world.

These are the main events of the first half of the Tribulation. They will cause the great apostasy because of those believers who did not prepare themselves for the hard times about to hit them. Any student of the Bible (that is, any diligent believer) will know from even #1 who the Antichrist is. But the rest of the world will not know until the middle of the Tribulation when he will have defeated the Islamic bloc and taken control of all the armies and nations of the world. At that time, he will kill Moses and Elijah and seize control of the Temple in Jerusalem and declare himself God and demand to be worshipped.

Seal #5 describes the martyrdom of believers that follows that claim. As soon as the Antichrist sets himself up as God, he will turn his attention toward destroying everyone who does not agree with this view of himself. Some unbelievers will, of course, refuse to worship him, but what pain awaits those who neither belong to Christ nor are willing to worship the Antichrist! Still, some of them will be preserved until the Return of Christ, at which point some of them will believe. Believers, on the other hand, will die in droves at this time.

Seal #6 covers God's response to the persecution of believers at that time. This is seen in the seven bowl judgments that will culminate in the Return of Jesus Christ to destroy the Antichrist and all of those who support him.

Seal #7 only opens the Tribulation. There is no trend associated with it.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
The New Heaven means the new heavenly government of Christ and his 144,000 corulers

The new earth are billions of people who will be resurrected with the prospect of living forever on earth!

Donspicey:

Who will then be in the New heaven and New Earth Cause it is written that God and Jesus will rule over the New Heaven and Earth with the saints...

Revelation 21:1-12, 22-27 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Quite true, although I wouldn't say that there's no one to explain the Bible. There are gifted and prepared Bible teachers. The question is how determined we are to find and receive correct Bible teaching. God tests every heart in this world. One of the ways that He does so is by not giving us what we want the very first moment we ask for it. If we want the Truth, then we will persist in seeking it, asking for it, and knocking on the door to it until we are given it. If we don't, then after a few attempts, we may be satisfied with something inferior to it. That would be a failure on our part.

18 Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.
For the LORD is a God of justice;
Blessed are all those who wait for Him...20 And though the Lord gives you
The bread of adversity and the water of affliction,
Yet your teachers will not be moved into a corner anymore,
But your eyes shall see your teachers.
Isa 30:18,20 (NKJV)

I searched for a long time myself. I was born into the Methodist Church, but my mother's side of the family was Roman Catholic. I grew up with exposure to all kinds of "Christian" traditions including the Jehovah's Witnesses. I personally elected to join the Pentecostal/Word of Faith movement when I came of age. It was just a journey through church after church all in pursuit of clear and correct teaching of the Bible until I was past my 29th birthday. That year was when I stopped going to church. It still took another two years before God miraculously brought me to a pastor-teacher who trained me in the Scriptures. The ministry is at https://ichthys.com if you're interested. I'm still training for my pastor-teaching ministry under his guidance. Maybe this is the end of your own search. I certainly hope that you find it to be so.

About your question, no, nothing in the seven seals is happening yet. The seven seals are trends of events that will begin occuring once the Tribulation begins. The Tribulation has not begun in spite of all the happenings in the world. I don't mean that earthquakes, tsunamis, wars, etc are not happening. I only mean that the Tribulation variety of these things has not begun yet.

Still, it is not right to dismiss the events going on now. Anyone with even half an honest brain cell knows that things are speeding up. That makes sense because Satan knows that the time for the final showdown is very short now. He is setting things in motion and preparing the world for the Tribulation. The Tribulation is going to polarize the world like nothing has ever done. There will be very few people indeed in the middle once it begins. I personally doubt that there will still be atheists beyond the 4th or 5th year of the Tribulation. The Antichrist is going to call himself God, after all, and demand to be worshipped. There will also be all sorts of frequent supernatural occurrences, but then free will is a real thing, so it is possible that in spite of all of that, some people will still be insistent that there is no God. But the fact remains that the vast majority of the population will either be red-hot Christians or red-hot unbelievers who can't wait to rid the world of Christians.

Because of this, Satan is working very hard to prime the human race for that time. That is partly why things are looking like they are. The time is very short now.

How will we know when the Tribulation begins though?

5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.
Revelation 8:5 (NKJV)

The above describes global phenomena that will occur at the same time. That is, there will be a worldwide earthquake that everyone on the earth will experience. There will be thundering, lightning, and literally, voices that will be heard from heaven all over the world. Once that happens, any believer who has been diligent in learning the Scriptures will know that the Tribulation has begun.

To confirm, the observer can look out for the trends described by the seals.

1. Someone will seize power in the most powerful and richest nation on earth in a cunning but illegal way. Then that person will somehow gain power over all of Europe, that is, over the territories once ruled by Imperial Rome. Then he will start a fight with another person who is ruling over all the Islamic territories at that time (which means that there will be a consolidated Islamic bloc at that time).

2. Social institutions will fall apart. People will become quite cruel and dangerous to deal with because they will no longer respect law or tradition or culture.

3. There will be incredible economic collapse in Europe, but it will be artificially achieved. It will not be because of natural causes. They will be the direct result of policies instituted by the despot in #1 above.

4. There will be accelerated mortality in Europe as a result of the wars that will be fought between Europe under this charismatic individual and the Middle East/Africa under his counterpart; the economic measures; the destruction of decency in communities in that part of the world.

These are the main events of the first half of the Tribulation. They will cause the great apostasy because of those believers who did not prepare themselves for the hard times about to hit them. Any student of the Bible (that is, any diligent believer) will know from even #1 who the Antichrist is. But the rest of the world will not know until the middle of the Tribulation when he will have defeated the Islamic bloc and taken control of all the armies and nations of the world. At that time, he will kill Moses and Elijah and seize control of the Temple in Jerusalem and declare himself God and demand to be worshipped.

Seal #5 describes the martyrdom of believers that follows that claim. As soon as the Antichrist sets himself up as God, he will turn his attention toward destroying everyone who does not agree with this view of himself. Some unbelievers will, of course, refuse to worship him, but what pain awaits those who neither belong to Christ nor are willing to worship the Antichrist! Still, some of them will be preserved until the Return of Christ, at which point some of them will believe. Believers, on the other hand, will die in droves at this time.

Seal #6 covers God's response to the persecution of believers at that time. This is seen in the seven bowl judgments that will culminate in the Return of Jesus Christ to destroy the Antichrist and all of those who support him.

Seal #7 only opens the Tribulation. There is no trend associated with it.

Mehn you have gone very deep in Learning and understanding the Bible....

Well growing up i was exposed to different doctrines Frm Pentecostal to Catholic to JW infact to different interpretations of the Bible..

On the long run i got confused and stopped going to church...instead i study the Bible and decides to Believe only what is Biblical but damnn person no fit understand everything all alone....i had to continue searching for more interpretations..Not easy but i thank God for his Grace,Wisdom and Strenght to keep studying the word of God....

Bible talked about 666,the number and the person behind it.....do u have any idea about that?

Am also suspecting The Newly elected President of States as of the Antichrists....
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by livingchrist: 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

Meaning the book of Revelation tells about what happened before Jesus came to die for Humanity

Cos i was thinking that Jesus gave John the Revelation after HE Ascended to Heaven...
you have to understand that Jesus came for the israelities who are God's people initially due to their unbelief the fell away giving way for the gentiles but in the future the Jews would be restored again after the last trial.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2021
livingchrist:
you have to understand that Jesus came for the israelities who are God's people initially due to their unbelief the fell away giving way for the gentiles but in the future the Jews would be restored again after the last trial.

pls wat are the Difference btw The Israelites,Gentiles and Jews?

And where do we(Nigerian)Christians belong to?
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The New Heaven means the new heavenly government of Christ and his 144,000 corulers

The new earth are billions of people who will be resurrected with the prospect of living forever on earth!

Meaning only 144,000 saints frm the tribes of Israel will go heaven...

In other word Christ will rule on Earth(paradise) while God will rule in Heaven with The chosen 144000 saints?
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Nephilim: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

Interesting....

Meaning none of the events in Revelation have taken place
Nope! But very soon from chapter 6! The breaking of the first seal.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Ihedinobi3: 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

Mehn you have gone very deep in Learning and understanding the Bible....

Well growing up i was exposed to different doctrines Frm Pentecostal to Catholic to JW infact to different interpretations of the Bible..

On the long run i got confused and stopped going to church...instead i study the Bible and decides to Believe only what is Biblical but damnn person no fit understand everything all alone....i had to continue searching for more interpretations..Not easy but i thank God for his Grace,Wisdom and Strenght to keep studying the word of God....

Bible talked about 666,the number and the person behind it.....do u have any idea about that?

Am also suspecting The Newly elected President of States as of the Antichrists....

In fact, no one can understand the whole Bible without a pastor-teacher.

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting...
Eph 4:11—14 (NKJV)

It is Jesus's Will that everyone should have a pastor-teacher to teach them the truth. If we are honest, we will be able to get quite a bit out of the Bible when we are reading it by ourselves without a teacher, but one cannot come to spiritual maturity without a pastor-teacher. One must have someone to guide them through the labyrinth of the truth so that they come to see the whole thing and how everything is connected to each other in the Bible.

As for the number six hundred and sixty-six, it is the number of the Antichrist. It will only become available as a mark after the Antichrist has declared himself God to be worshipped by all. His name and his mark will become a tattoo required by law for all to have either on their forehead or on their right hand in order to be accommodated as part of human society. Those who don't have either will be persona non grata. Such people will be treated like deadly criminals or, at least, worthless members of society

There will be many who will attempt to ingratiate themselves with the Antichrist's officials by selling out their own family and friends and former comrade-in-arms because these people don't have the mark.

The number is a calculation of his name. We don't know his identity or even what paradigm will be used to calculate this number. Until the Tribulation, we can't be sure what the Antichrist's identity is, nor does it even matter, since those who know the Bible will be able to identify him once the Tribulation starts and others will be able to identify him once he has conquered the whole world and taken the Temple in Jerusalem for himself. We are given what the number is so that when the time comes, anyone who is still unsure will become sure.

As for the president of the United States, there are reasons why he is not the right candidate, not least of which is that we are not in the Tribulation yet. Those who will be able to identify the Antichrist before the midpoint of the Tribulation because of understanding in Bible teaching will still need to wait until the start of the Tribulation to be able to tell who is most likely to be him. That is why I counsel anyone who will listen to not bother speculating before the Tribulation begins.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by MightySparrow: 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The woman represents all the 144,000 born again Christians to become corulers with Jesus Christ in heaven. The crown you see on her head represents the twelve Apostles of Jesus who were the first and foundation stones of God's earthly organization {Revelations 21:14} after Jesus' assenssion to heaven God poured out his Holy Spirit and began selecting those that will become born again corulers with his son in heaven. None of all God's servants before then had the privilege of learning from Jesus how to be a partaker in that government {Matthew 20:20-28} so Jesus declared that all those born of women till John the Baptist can't partake in his heavenly government {Matthew 11:11-12} they're going to inherit what God has promised in the beginning everlasting life on earth! Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:29; Isaiah 65:21-23

Her child will cause a big issue but i'll say it anyway for the benefit of all those who truly want to know.
The child was born in the year 1914 when Jesus was crowned to begin ruling in heaven, in that year he drove Satan and his demons out of heaven and all these powerful spirits headed to the earth. You will notice that ever since the earth has been existing the greatest achievement in technology began right from that time, those demons possessed so many people and imparted the knowledge to invent many wonderful things speedily, they also possessed religious leaders of all kinds to perform great miraculous works {Matthew 24:4-6} they also possessed politicians and that's where our problem skyrocketed because these are rebellious angels whoever they possess will never be humbled or agree to humble themselves so most politicians wants to pitch their tent as powerful rulers and this led to the first WORLD WAR {Matthew 24:7-8} but since true followers of Christ must not take side in the political affairs of the world {John 17:16, 18:36} politicians in one place after another will start to persecute true Christians globally that was the year Jesus took away all the born again Christians who were sleeping in death {Revelations 12:14 compare to 1Thessalonians 4:16} this is what most Churchgoers are still expecting as RAPTURE but it has happened in the year 1914, the rest of the Born again Christians have been taken to heaven immediately they breath their last here on earth but Satan kept instigating the world against them! Revelations 12:17

So the child born to the woman is God's earthly part of his Organization known today as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization!

May you have PEACE! smiley

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Image123(m): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I'm Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES would you mind if i share what i know regarding the chapter with you? smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Confusion factorial ohh

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by sonmvayina(m): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2021
Is it really difficult to say "i dont know"?... Rather tham dance around like a headless chicken.

Most of the information in the book of revelation comes from ancient babylonian, egyptian and persian mythologies. Little wonder it was the last book of the bible to be added.

For those saying the woman is israel, i sincerely doubt it. Israel is a he and often referred to as Gods servant or first bone son.

Most of the things there are the things that happened before marduk created the universe. The dragon is Tiamat, i think the woman might be Marduks mother ie Damkina, And the son might be Marduk..

I am just trying to see who is who from the babylonian epics..

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

In fact, no one can understand the whole Bible without a pastor-teacher.

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting...
Eph 4:11—14 (NKJV)

It is Jesus's Will that everyone should have a pastor-teacher to teach them the truth. If we are honest, we will be able to get quite a bit out of the Bible when we are reading it by ourselves without a teacher, but one cannot come to spiritual maturity without a pastor-teacher. One must have someone to guide them through the labyrinth of the truth so that they come to see the whole thing and how everything is connected to each other in the Bible.

As for the number six hundred and sixty-six, it is the number of the Antichrist. It will only become available as a mark after the Antichrist has declared himself God to be worshipped by all. His name and his mark will become a tattoo required by law for all to have either on their forehead or on their right hand in order to be accommodated as part of human society. Those who don't have either will be persona non grata. Such people will be treated like deadly criminals or, at least, worthless members of society

There will be many who will attempt to ingratiate themselves with the Antichrist's officials by selling out their own family and friends and former comrade-in-arms because these people don't have the mark.

The number is a calculation of his name. We don't know his identity or even what paradigm will be used to calculate this number. Until the Tribulation, we can't be sure what the Antichrist's identity is, nor does it even matter, since those who know the Bible will be able to identify him once the Tribulation starts and others will be able to identify him once he has conquered the whole world and taken the Temple in Jerusalem for himself. We are given what the number is so that when the time comes, anyone who is still unsure will become sure.

As for the president of the United States, there are reasons why he is not the right candidate, not least of which is that we are not in the Tribulation yet. Those who will be able to identify the Antichrist before the midpoint of the Tribulation because of understanding in Bible teaching will still need to wait until the start of the Tribulation to be able to tell who is most likely to be him. That is why I counsel anyone who will listen to not bother speculating before the Tribulation begins.

Nice one.......

Wish i could attain ur level of spiritual understanding......
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
sonmvayina:
Is it really difficult to say "i dont know"?... Rather tham dance around like a headless chicken.

Most of the information in the book of revelation comes from ancient babylonian, egyptian and persian mythologies. Little wonder it was the last book of the bible to be added.

For those saying the woman is israel, i sincerely doubt it. Israel is a he and often referred to as Gods servant or first bone son.

Most of the things there are the things that happened before marduk created the universe. The dragon is Tiamat, i think the woman might be Marduks mother ie Damkina, And the son might be Marduk..

I am just trying to see who is who from the babylonian epics..

Marduk kwa?

Pls tell me wat i dont know.....
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by sonmvayina(m): 8:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

Marduk kwa?

Pls tell me wat i dont know.....

90% of the bible is just a rip of from babylonian mythologies...the other 10 from kemet..
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:15pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

Meaning only 144,000 saints frm the tribes of Israel will go heaven...
The figure connotes limited number and tribe of Israel means Christians picked from different parts of the earth not natural Jews!
Jesus explained that only those who believe in his teachings are his family {Matthew 12:46-49} and Paul made us know that God value spiritual Jews not natural Jews Romans 2:28-29

In other word Christ will rule on Earth(paradise) while God will rule in Heaven with The chosen 144000 saints?

NO! Christ will rule for 1,000 years with the 144,000 {Revelations 20:6} until we all become perfect like himself then he will hand us over to his father {1Corinthians 15:26-28} but we will never forget Jesus the man who came to redeem us from sin and death, that's why the Bible called him Everlasting Father! Isaiah 9:6 smiley
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Ihedinobi3: 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

pls wat are the Difference btw The Israelites,Gentiles and Jews?

And where do we(Nigerian)Christians belong to?

For what it is worth...

Israelites, Jews, and Hebrews all refer to the same ethnic group. There is usage in the Gospels, however, that might give some technical difference in the case of Jews, but it is sufficient for the most part to recognize the three terms as referring to the same ethnic group.

Gentiles are simply non-Israelites. In the Old Testament, they are sometimes called strangers or foreigners especially if they moved to Israel to live there.

Nigerians are Gentiles. Nigerian Christians are Gentile believers.

Now that we believe, we have been made part of Israel in a spiritual sense, so God deals with us as if we are also children of Israel. That is what Paul teaches in Romans:

28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
Romans 2:28-29 (NKJV)

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
Rom 11:16 — Rom 11:18 (NKJV)

This is what he means in Galatians:

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.
Gal 6:15 — Gal 6:16 (NKJV)

That is, if we believe, it doesn't matter if we are circumcised or ethnic Israelites, faith in Jesus Christ makes us part of the Israel of God. Conversely, if we don't believe, then it doesn't matter if we are circumcised and ethnic Israelites, we are not part of the Israel of God.

This teaching appears to confuse people today. Many of them think that the Israel of God is different from the nation of Israel, but that is not true. Israel is God's own nation. Those who are naturally born to Israel have a better chance of being saved than those born outside Israel, but because these natural Israelites rejected salvation, God offered it to Gentiles and made all Gentiles who accepted it part of Israel spiritually. So, we who believe have become Israelites in a spiritual sense.

Let me explain this a little further. We remain Gentiles in the flesh. We don't have Jewish traditions. We were not given the Law. So we ought not to go crazy and start trying to keep feasts and making sacrifices. We are still Gentiles. God did not call us to stop being Gentiles in that sense (which is Paul's point in Romans 2:14-15 and also part of the meaning of 1 Corinthians 7:17-20). We were called instead to live according to the faith that set Abraham apart and made him the one that God was going to raise a special nation out of. So, the issue is one of faith. If we have the faith that Abraham had, then we too are his spiritual kin (Romans 4:9-12).

The spiritual side of things goes a little further. After the Resurrection, the Lord Jesus will evaluate all believers of the Church Era (that is, all believers from the beginning of human history until the Return of Jesus Christ). These believers are the Bride, the Israel that God is calling out of the world. When we are evaluated, we will also be sorted into different tribes according to our works.

The twelve tribes are twelve eternal divisions of eternal Israel. The chief of these tribes is Judah. So, the highest performing believers will be sorted into Judah eternally. The least of these tribes is Dan, so the worst performing believers will be sorted into Dan. This means that even those who are Israelites in the flesh today may not remain members of their natural tribes in eternity. On the other hand, even Gentiles will become eternal Israelites, some of whom will be members of Judah even.

In short, while we are Gentiles in this life and while we must not pretend to have the same calling as Jews in this life, we are to strive to be sorted into the most celebrated tribes of Israel in eternity because spiritually we are Israel.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Ihedinobi3: 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2021
Donspicey:

Nice one.......

Wish i could attain ur level of spiritual understanding......

I certainly pray that you will choose to embark upon spiritual growth (see the link). I am not special, nor should I be. What I have learned and what I have shared with you is the birthright of all believers. It is yours to have if you want.

If I can help you any further, I would be very happy to.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by livingchrist: 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

For what it is worth...

Israelites, Jews, and Hebrews all refer to the same ethnic group. There is usage in the Gospels, however, that might give some technical difference in the case of Jews, but it is sufficient for the most part to recognize the three terms as referring to the same ethnic group.

Gentiles are simply non-Israelites. In the Old Testament, they are sometimes called strangers or foreigners especially if they moved to Israel to live there.

Now that we believe, we have been made part of Israel in a spiritual sense, so God deals with us as if we are also children of Israel. That is what Paul teaches in Romans:

28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

That is, if we believe, it doesn't matter if we are circumcised or ethnic Israelites, faith in Jesus Christ makes us part of the Israel of God. Conversely, if we don't believe, then it doesn't matter if we are circumcised and ethnic Israelites, we are not part of the Israel of God.

This teaching appears to confuse people today. Many of them think that the Israel of God is different from the nation of Israel, but that is not true. Israel is God's own nation. Those who are naturally born to Israel have a better chance of being saved than those born outside Israel, but because these natural Israelites rejected salvation, God offered it to Gentiles and made all Gentiles who accepted it part of Israel spiritually. So, we who believe have become Israelites in a spiritual sense.

Let me explain this a little further. We remain Gentiles in the flesh. We don't have Jewish traditions. We were not given the Law. So we ought not to go crazy and start trying to keep feasts and making sacrifices. We are still Gentiles. God did not call us to stop being Gentiles in that sense (which is Paul's point in Romans 2:14-15 and also part of the meaning of 1 Corinthians 7:17-20). We were called instead to live according to the faith that set Abraham apart and made him the one that God was going to raise a special nation out of. So, the issue is one of faith. If we have the faith that Abraham had, then we too are his spiritual kin (Romans 4:9-12).

The spiritual side of things goes a little further. After the Resurrection, the Lord Jesus will evaluate all believers of the Church Era (that is, all believers from the beginning of human history until the Return of Jesus Christ). These believers are the Bride, the Israel that God is calling out of the world. When we are evaluated, we will also be sorted into different tribes according to our works.

The twelve tribes are twelve eternal divisions of eternal Israel. The chief of these tribes is Judah. So, the highest performing believers will be sorted into Judah eternally. The least of these tribes is Dan, so the worst performing believers will be sorted into Dan. This means that even those who are Israelites in the flesh today may not remain members of their natural tribes in eternity. On the other hand, even Gentiles will become eternal Israelites, some of whom will be members of Judah even.

In short, while we are Gentiles in this life and while we must not pretend to have the same calling as Jews in this life, we are to strive to be sorted into the most celebrated tribes of Israel in eternity because spiritually we are Israel.
thank God this your God given wisdom, there is nothing for me to add to this.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

For what it is worth...

Hmmmm.....

New knowledge entirely....

What about the city of Babylon

Are they Believers of the Gospel and why did God say he would destroy it??
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Donspicey: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
sonmvayina:

90% of the bible is just a rip of from babylonian mythologies...the other 10 from kemet..

Pls enlighten me about mordak and kemet.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Urgent Message From The Lord Jesus Christ For Pastors, Bishops & Christians! / Is First Fruit Offering Important? / The Sun Alone Gives And Sustian Life Not A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 278
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.