Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best (539 Views)

After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!! / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / Those Who Practise Polygamy Live Longer Than Those In Monogamy — Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Wisefellow(m): 9:55am On Feb 06, 2021
Monogamy and polygamy are part of our culture as Africans, however, most men with one wife do have serviceable girlfriends or concubines by the side.

Though it may be relative but one will be better to the other.

Your choice with reason.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Shelumiel: 10:09am On Feb 06, 2021
Monogamy is the best option out there. To be faithful to one is not only life-prolonging but pocket friendly too grin

1 Like

Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Jeon(f): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2021
Shelumiel:
Monogamy is the best option out there. To be faithful to one is not only life-prolonging but pocket friendly too grin

just thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2021
Shelumiel:

Rubbish. According to what scientific study? Or are you just citing your personal beliefs? Read and educate yourself.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/the-secret-to-longevity-get-a-second-wife-study-says

https://www.reuters.com/article/tanzania-marriage-idINKCN0SL0CP20151027
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Shelumiel: 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2021
[s]
RisenPhoenix1:

Rubbish. According to what scientific study? Or are you just citing your personal beliefs? Read and educate yourself.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/the-secret-to-longevity-get-a-second-wife-study-says

https://www.reuters.com/article/tanzania-marriage-idINKCN0SL0CP20151027
[/s] I do need to educate myself on the rubbish being posted by the science community. The statistics and realities of people living a polygamous lifestyle is something that only has misery attached to it. Which is why God commanded that one man for one wife. So cashout on that dude... grin
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2021
Shelumiel:
[s][/s] I do need to educate myself on the rubbish being posted by the science community. The statistics and realities of people living a polygamous lifestyle is something that only has misery attached to it. Which is why God commanded that one man for one wife. So cashout on that dude... grin

What the science community posts is rubbish? So where did you get your statistics from? The Bible? Admit it, your god goofed with his one-wife policy.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Wisefellow(m): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
I know they are all good depending on different perspective of life and view.

Being single is good because it is stress-free and very convinient to manage in all ramification( emotionally, financially, mentally, physically and socially). All individuals at this stage behaves maturedly or immaturedly with significance to self enrichment, growth and life achievment.

Monogamy is better because it is simple, aid effective communication and companionship building without compromising on attention, affection and appreciation between couples whom are genuinely in love for better or worst. It is perhaps the most reliable and easily settled for by vast majority of people for religious and personal reasons. It takes hard work to sustain and easily achievable compared to polygamy.

Polygamy is the best but difficult to attain maximally because it is complex in nature, resourceful and sustenability depends on variables wisdom, wealth, energy and compromise compared to others. People attempt this style of union but usually fail one way or the other as a result of human insatiable nature. However, a rare number have succeeded due to sacrifice, uprightness and unselfishness in all affairs.

Importantly, live and let others live in peace.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Shelumiel: 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
[s]
RisenPhoenix1:

What the science community posts is rubbish? So where did you get your statistics from? The Bible? Admit it, your god goofed with his one-wife policy.
[/s] Oga you are talking rubbish. The one-wife policy is better than any polygamous union out there. Forget about religion and God. Just follow the history of those who practice polygamy and see if they have genunine peaceful in their lives. See if their children are unified. See if they are financially okay. Common sense should tell you that a one-wife policy is the only policy any logical thinking individual should be having
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2021
Shelumiel:
[s][/s] Oga you are talking rubbish. The one-wife policy is better than any polygamous union out there. Forget about religion and God. Just follow the history of those who practice polygamy and see if they have genunine peaceful in their lives. See if their children are unified. See if they are financially okay. Common sense should tell you that a one-wife policy is the only policy any logical thinking individual should be having

I have seen many polygamists who lived happy lives and died wealthy...my two grandfathers were polygamists. I have a few acquaintances who were polygamists. According to the two articles I cited to you, science also finds that polygamists live longer, happier and wealthier lives. Yet you are still insisting that you know best. Where did you get your own brand of common sense that tells you to believe things without any credible evidence?

Besides, do monogamous marriages not have problems? Do their children not fight? You can cancel my responses and deny all you like it doesn't make you right; your whole belief is based on religion and god and nothing else. Stop pretending otherwise.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Shelumiel: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

I have seen many polygamists who lived happy lives and died wealthy...my two grandfathers were polygamists. I have a few acquaintances who were polygamists. According to the two articles I cited to you, science also finds that polygamists live longer, happier and wealthier lives. Yet you are still insisting that you know best. Where did you get your own brand of common sense that tells you to believe things without any credible evidence?
Oga you are a pathetic liar. There is no polygamous household anywhere that enjoys peace ; quote me anywhere. Even the grandfathers you claim that were polygamist would never have wanted any of their offspring to do what they did; mere ignorance and probably religious indoctrination (from Islam or traditional beliefs) that made them do what they did.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
Shelumiel:
Oga you are a pathetic liar. There is no polygamous household anywhere that enjoys peace ; quote me anywhere. Even the grandfathers you claim that were polygamist would never have wanted any of their offspring to do what they did.

Be deceiving yourself there, blind religious fanatic. Actually, one of my grandfathers did just that. Based on their advice, I'm an avowed polygamist.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Shelumiel: 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Be deceiving yourself there, blind religious fanatic. Actually, one of my grandfathers did just that. Based on their advice, I'm an avowed polygamist.
Just look at you...hahaha! You are setting up your children and yourself for a series of problems that will probably know no end.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
Shelumiel:
Just look at you...hahaha! You are setting up your children and yourself for a series of problems that will probably know no end.

Yeah yeah yeah
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Shelumiel: 7:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Yeah yeah yeah
Better be wise oga and say no to polygamy.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Wisefellow(m): 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2021
Considering the cost/benefit relationship to our society. Good or bad?

Men with affluence and power in Nigeria are more likely to embrace poligamy compared to financially unstable men. The latter may likely offer more affection and attention to the wives more compared to the former. Generally, men have a huge role to play for a successful poligamous affair.

The groom and brides in question are happy with the union and may stay happy provided they are good and true in character and wealth to one another. Islam permits such with a condition that the husband can be just equally to the wives. The ball is in their court!

Family may be larger as a result of raising children which may be good on one hand and expensive to run on the other hand. It will likely result to healthy/ fatal competition for attention, affection and progress in all ramification amongst the couples and their wards.

In summary, both the groom and wives will be the determining factor on how healthy and viable the union will last or crumble. The man must love, provide, share all necessary including attention and affection to his wives and children equally for him to enjoy a peaceful home. Also, only if women can curb jealous tendencies, adhere to the role of building good homes without sentiments or envy, encourage love and tolerance of all stakeholders for peace, growth and progress of the household.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Wisefellow(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
Most men that practise monogamy have side chicks unknown to their wives. The girlfriends whom are mostly young know about the marriage status of the man but care not provided financial and emotional benefits are involved.

In the present time, married women are now playing side chicks role to married men simply because of money, position and power. The recent order of the day may jeopardise the future of children being raised.

Truly, this life no balance at all!
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2021
Shelumiel:
Better be wise oga and say no to polygamy.

When I see someone with more real evidence than a fairy tale book written centuries ago by tribal storytellers.
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Shelumiel: 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

When I see someone with more real evidence than a fairy tale book written centuries ago by tribal storytellers.
A book whose narratives tally with historical accounts...? Oga, you no wise be that
Re: Being Single, Married In Monogamy/polygamy Is By Choice; Adults Decide The Best by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
Shelumiel:
A book whose narratives tally with historical accounts...? Oga, you no wise be that

Historical accounts? The Bible is about as historically accurate as the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Female Friend In Port Harcourt. / ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅awoof Clean Tokunbo 2004 Toyota Camry....price 1.970m / Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.