Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka (19376 Views)

Enugu State Inaugurates Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka / State Secretariat Annex: Enugu Community Thanks Ugwuanyi / Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by whela(m): 5:51am On Feb 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by ZUBY77(m): 6:10am On Feb 07, 2021
This shit was captured in the budget at over a billion.. My viilage house at less than 100 million is better than this.

And we are in the hands of God

2 Likes

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Yankee101: 6:27am On Feb 07, 2021
Martini101:
White Elephant Projects. The main one in Enugu has less than 50% occupancy.

Infrastructure development in a time of recession has many advantages, mainly to stimulate the economy via job creation, release of money to the economy and building to meet future capacity needs.

So in economics sometimes you actually do your so called 'white elephant' projects intentionally

1 Like

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:14am On Feb 07, 2021
Wastage of resources
Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Josywhyte: 8:10am On Feb 07, 2021
Hope the government ain't owing workers,else this project is just rubbish to me

2 Likes

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 07, 2021
Martini101:
The main one in Enugu was never even completed to begin with.
Some wings of the complex were left uncompleted.
Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 07, 2021
Yankee101:

Infrastructure development in a time of recession has many advantages, mainly to stimulate the economy via job creation, release of money to the economy and building to meet future capacity needs.

So in economics sometimes you actually do your so called 'white elephant' projects intentionally
Such economic stimulating infrastructures should consist of roads,water works,power projects etc not useless buildings. Look at the area where the building was built; who's going to be working there?

2 Likes

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 07, 2021
crossfm:
You mean a town hall ground,used by village elders to deliberate on who stole goat.

When it comes to mediocre, give it to governor Ugwuanyi.

My question to Mr governor is,don't you travel to other state's and see the type of structures over there.If River's and Akwa Ibom state is too far,what about Ebonyi state that is at your backyard.

Posterity will not be kind to Ugwuanyi for failing to build on the Stride's laid down by Governor Chime.

Enugu state is now in the hands of bloggers and photographer's.
Sometimes I wonder whether Ugwuanyi's life depends on mediocrity.
Looking at all his "projects" always leaves a disappointed frown on one's face.
The man is the embodiment of uninspiring mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 07, 2021
daewoorazer:
See building; very bland aesthetics.

Typical of a shithole.

I’m sure the $$$ allocated will build 5 highrise buildings in the west.

Awon Oloriburuku ajibole!!! angry
which west?? You mean no mans land Except u talking of brown roof dilapidated high rise ?
Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by discusant: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2021
Martini101:

But it’s a symbolic project to depict that all government landmarks must not be in the state capital.
Gov Ugwuanyi from Nsukka senatorial district is well informed.
In Imo state, governors from Orlu senatorial district would rather build a Second State Secretariat in Owerri state capital.

1 Like

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by deliveryboy: 9:35am On Feb 07, 2021
tit:
He did not stuff the money in babanriga like ganduje
Or use it to feed his bingo like obiano
Enugu would wish she has a working governor like Ganduje, go to Kano and see the huge developmental projects the man in the helm of affairs is doing. The competence of the current Enugu state governor is no more than a Local Government Chairman.

1 Like

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by pacespot(m): 9:39am On Feb 07, 2021
Another building for civil service corruption

1 Like

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Emyzoloye5(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2021
This is what you get When the state Govt left the development of the state in the hands of God

but the resources of the state are in the pocket of the governor......

quite shameful!

1 Like

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Danosophe(m): 10:56am On Feb 07, 2021
daewoorazer:
See building; very bland aesthetics.

Typical of a shithole.

I’m sure the $$$ allocated will build 5 highrise buildings in the west.

Awon Oloriburuku ajibole!!! angry

You sound so hypocritical. I'm sure if you were contracted with the same amount of $$$ as mentioned by you, you won't Do any different than the ordinary Naija building contractors are doing; use small $$$, start the project & abandon it.

Prove urself.
Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by durablekudu: 11:04am On Feb 07, 2021
Available for sale call or whatsapp 08068218653

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by fabolouz1(m): 11:33am On Feb 07, 2021
Martini101:
Not a white elephant project . Wise men build for the future.

1 Like

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2021
Waste of scares resources
Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by cugardmalino: 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2021
OEPHIUS:
Enugu Head of Service, others, inspect newly constructed State Secretariat Annex in Ede-Oballa, Nsukka

Preparatory to its commencement of administrative engagements, the Head of Service, Enugu State, Mr. Ken Chukwuegbo, accompanied by the Committee Chairman on Reallocation of Zonal Offices to the New State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka, Robison Odo, mni, and the Committee Secretary, Mr. Kelvin Ezeugwu, on Saturday, inspected the befitting State Secretariat Annex, in Ede-Oballa, Nsukka Local Government Area of the state, newly constructed by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration, to enhance efficient service delivery and proper coordination of civil service activities, in a conducive environment, for optimal results.

Enugu State is in the hands of God!
#amokelouis
This our country too hard self. Maybe because some of our leaders came from nothing to become something. who builds such a structure without an elevator. �����
Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by Shugar1: 1:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
yusufu16:
Nigerian architects need to go learn work abroad. Most of Nigerian buildings look old school and similar.

Modern houses these days doesnt have roofing.

Good to see am not alone on this... Na this part of the world dem go build highrise building still fence am again, like WTF.

Nigeria style of architecture and urban planning sucks

3 Likes

Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by daewoorazer(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
which west?? You mean no mans land Except u talking of brown roof dilapidated high rise ?

Read more about geography.

You can’t objectively refer to the Yoruba geopolitical zone as WEST....it’s SOUTH WEST.

West in my comment literally means Europe, Aussie and N/America
Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by daewoorazer(m): 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
Danosophe:

You sound so hypocritical. I'm sure if you were contracted with the same amount of $$$ as mentioned by you, you won't Do any different than the ordinary Naija building contractors are doing; use small $$$, start the project & abandon it.

Prove urself.

Who’s an hypocrite now?

You’re sure, yet you started your statement with a “if”...
Also you asked me to prove myself, the question is with what?

Stop smoking the “good” stuff and get a life!
Re: Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka by ernecy(m): 2:05am On Feb 08, 2021
Martini101:
I was wondering too, I remembered the former Governor built one in Enugu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abubakar Aliyu: Fix Federal Roads In Your States, We'll Pay You Later / Consumers Kick As FG Raises Prices Of Prepaid Meters / Aisha Buhari's Speech At Benin APC Women Rally (Video & Transcript)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.