Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,177 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales (22411 Views)

Anambra Govt Accuses Newspaper Vendors Of Blackmail / Abuja Newspaper Vendors Protest Over Killing Of Their Colleague By Speaker Aide / Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Coldie(m): 9:50pm On Feb 06, 2021
Very soon banks will blame bitcoins
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 06, 2021
seborrhic:

Please educate us all on how newspaper vendors are to compete online.By selling the newspapers online?
Or you simply don't understand what the report is all about.

My brother, thecable is the source of this info which you read via Nairaland. Other bloggers are also reporting it... They are the online "vendors".... They get paid via Ads. You have to be creative.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 06, 2021
Lol
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by emmnprince(m): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2021
Just as Nairaland is doing by feeding us with news online, even lifting some of the news from offline papers that have moved their business online so that they won't fold up.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by TemmyT002(m): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
We are in the digital age now, so find another means ó.
I used to buy newspapers too but not anymore. Everything is online. Even the media houses have presence online.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by fabolouz1(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2021
Newspapers proprietors once took media houses to court blaming reading headlines via their medium as the reason for drop in sales .
People are just tired of reading unverified news dished by half baked journalists these days and it has nothing to do with online medium.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by seborrhic: 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, thecable is the source of this info which you read via Nairaland. Other bloggers are also reporting it... They are the online "vendors".... They get paid via Ads. You have to be creative.

God bless Nigeria.
Gosh!Very terrible education u got.
These are VENDORS,those that sell newspapers,not the PRINT OWNERS or PUBLISHERS, complaining.
I wonder if some of you read posts upside down.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by mechanics(m): 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
Lolz, but they are still selling, not everyone have access to android phones.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by JohnBullMySon: 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2021
ask buhari to ban online media.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 06, 2021
well with the advancement of technology it’s hard to see newspapers not going extinct
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by EmekaA125(m): 10:15pm On Feb 06, 2021
21st century effect.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Nigerialagos: 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
dokyOloye:
This has also negatively affected Lagos-Ibadan brown envelope journalists cos there is scarcity of brown envelopes.
Now,everybody with as little as a cheap China phone is a reporter,the narrative is no longer controlled by a gang.
We now know which tribe is the most intelligent,who does money ritual most etc as against the lies peddled for decades by amala and gbegiri brown envelope journalists grin

Dumbo
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
seborrhic:

Gosh!Very terrible education u got.
These are VENDORS,those that sell newspapers,not the PRINT OWNERS or PUBLISHERS, complaining.
I wonder if some of you read posts upside down.

Lol, my brother, read my post again. Those that sell/hawk newspapers are the vendors. They can be bloggers online, reposting news items and promoting them, just like bloggers do... It's still the same thing. The only difference is that you get paid via Ads online...

I made an example using Nairaland. You read this report (of Thecable newspaper) via Nairaland (kind of online vendor).. Other bloggers (vendors) have also reported this same report (of Thecable).. Now they drive traffic to their site by promoting it, and other "news items" on social media, thereby driving traffic to their sites.. They are paid for this traffic (we are the traffic) via Ads..

Hope you understand now?

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Ndipe(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
It's inevitable. In the US, print media are falling by the wayside as online technology is now in vogue. I miss the old media though.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by merits(m): 10:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
dokyOloye:
This has also negatively affected Lagos-Ibadan brown envelope journalists cos there is scarcity of brown envelopes.
Now,everybody with as little as a cheap China phone is a reporter,the narrative is no longer controlled by a gang.
We now know which tribe is the most intelligent,who does money ritual most etc as against the lies peddled for decades by amala and gbegiri brown envelope journalists grin
Just listen to yourself once again by repeating what you just said and ponder over it.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by lastchild: 10:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
am even surprised that some people still buy news paper to read
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by aalangel(f): 10:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
True.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by jhinganreal: 10:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
israelmao:
It has been long I had the hardcopy of newspaper I prefer to read online.Life keeps revolving,it is not static.
ok
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by scholes23(m): 10:40pm On Feb 06, 2021
IamWonderful:
ok

In other words
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by yusluvad(m): 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
We're now in a digital age, deal with it...
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by aribisala0(m): 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2021
in 2021?
Is that news
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by edoairways: 11:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
dokyOloye:
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. But you know, our once reputable newspaper now rely on gossip to trend especially on Facebook. Though few are still good however many of their staffs are too lazy to investigate report before posting them
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Revolva(m): 11:11pm On Feb 06, 2021
SilverNorGold:
grin... Typical LAZY Nigerians! Go online and compete! Stop waiting for the government to spoon-feed you lazy clowns!

Nigeria must better.

God bless Nigeria.

Lol, my brother, read my post again. Those that sell/hawk newspapers are the vendors. They can be bloggers online, reposting news items and promoting them, just like bloggers do... It's still the same thing. The only difference is that you get paid via Ads online...

I made an example using Nairaland. You read this report (of Thecable newspaper) via Nairaland (online vendor).. Other bloggers (vendors) have also reported this same report (of Thecable).. Now they drive traffic to their site by promoting it, and other "news items" on social media, thereby driving traffic to their sites.. They are paid for this traffic (we are the traffic) via Ads..

Hope you understand now?

God bless Nigeria.

Well said nice one there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by brainhgeek(m): 11:12pm On Feb 06, 2021
inoki247:

Maybe they should kukuma ban phone mak we go bak to Landline...

You no know before? Just wait till you misplace your phone or get it stolen. Na that time you go know say landline is a good alternative since no one is going to sell new Sim or register new sim for you.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by denvers: 11:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
It's unfortunate but this trend would not stop any time soon.... sorry for them, even the newspapers company have websites with subscription package available but they wouldn't let those vendors know.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Kayharry(m): 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
News paper should be free somehow in some part of euro some news paper are free and can be pick up at any train station or kiosk. My experience living in switzerland.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by GrandFinale2021(m): 11:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nightalan:
The extinction of print media is certain, information is now digitalized.
the correct word there is digitized

1 Like

Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Bukkuzboss10: 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
SilverNorGold:
grin... Typical LAZY Nigerians! Go online and compete! Stop waiting for the government to spoon-feed you lazy clowns!

Nigeria must better.
So sirss

God bless Nigeria.

So sir apart from ads how do bloggers make their own money educate me

I made an example using Nairaland. You read this report (of Thecable newspaper) via Nairaland (online vendor).. Other bloggers (vendors) have also reported this same report (of Thecable).. Now they drive traffic to their site by promoting it, and other "news items" on social media, thereby driving traffic to their sites.. They are paid for this traffic (we are the traffic) via Ads..

Hope you understand now?

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Oracleforce: 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2021
The man is like some of the stack illiterate In this platform who think things should remain as they were permanently.....

Change is constant...I can not imagine myself buying a daily newspaper anymore because the latest news is online and with just a click, I can know what is going around the globe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

People Who Hated Niger Because Of Hatred For Buhari Now Its Best Lovers - Omokri / Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths / Soldiers Burn Boko Haram Base, Kill 3 Terrorists, Recover Weapons (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.