Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,112 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Religion Sentiment Playing The Core Factor In Northwest Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Sentiment Playing The Core Factor In Northwest Nigeria (651 Views)

The Explosion Of Anti-igbo Sentiment Among Yorubas / Soyinka; Biased And Romance With APC, He Judges With Sentiment Towards Janathan / Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion Sentiment Playing The Core Factor In Northwest Nigeria by lanre80(m): 11:41am On Apr 06, 2011
Last week, i traveled home to see my folks who live in the Capital of Kaduna State. What i saw was so scary, so i taught i share it with my fellow nairalanders.
For those who have not been to Kaduna before, it is important you know these basics. After the catastrophe (religious riot) of year 2000 which claimed several lives of Christians in Kaduna, the dock and settlement has changed. Basically, the Christians and Muslims now live isolated from themselves. We have northern part of Kaduna (predominantly Muslims), the southern part of Kaduna (predominantly Christians) and the centre which is called the main town (Still kind of mixed up). The settlement has been like because of the fear of unknown.
My folks live in the main town and do their business there. My folks manufacture yoghurt and people from different parts of the Capital come to buy in wholesales. But there are young boys and girls from mostly northern part of Kaduna who come and pick this yoghurt daily on credits and pay up after selling. This is what they do for a living.  Enough of all this Stories.

On Friday, when i got home, i decided to catch up with my mum at the yoghurt dispatch centre. While there, a young boy came in with his yoghurt dispatch bicycle at 11:00am. He said he has closed for the day, and my mum asked why, since the day was still young. But he answered, saying, he wants to go and buy his own knife and get ready for the election before proceeding to the mosque. My folk now asked him about his colleagues who are still busy going about there business, he answered my mum saying,
Mama ask them, they have all bought their own knife earlier. I now decided to interview this boy since i speak Hausa fluently and they communicate in Hausa.
I asked him why he needed a knife, he answered saying, they were told by their preachers nobody must vote Goodluck, all vote is for Buhari CPC. If anyone tries to vote for Goodluck, then such a person will face death and also Buhari has given go ahead to bring down Goodluck voters. He said they told them Goodluck is an enemy of Islam and cause of their suffering. They wish they could even kill him. After a while, another among the boys came in for more yoghurt.
I was so curios that i had to wait and interview him too, in his own case he was shy and did not talk much but i got similar information.
Also, the driver of the taxi i took from the airport was telling me that he is not going to vote because he was not registered in his locality (northern part of Kaduna). And i asked why he registered in another locality; he said they physically told him to leave the queue because he was Yoruba.

Meanwhile the utterances from Buhari (lynch Riggers) and Bakari wild wild north has not helped matters.
When the troubles starts, Malams and their Political cohorts will just be safe and quiet while the boys they have incited are looting, burning, and lynching the innocent southerners. 
God will not allow this

(1) (Reply)

Special Assistant To The Vice President Luxurious Mansion Turns To Ashes / Will Gej Address The Mobile Phone Service Cost? / Nigerian Arrested In Ghana For Marrying 16 Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.