Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Teenage Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teenage Pregnancy (569 Views)

My Teenage Sister Already Having Sex With Yahoo Boys & My Father Is An Extremist / Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / Man Impregnates Mother, Teenage Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenage Pregnancy by bayogbite(m): 8:36am On Feb 07, 2021
I was somewhere barbing my hair, the father of a teenager of 19 year or thereabout was crying profusely that his daughter got pregnant after sitting for SSCE while the results were brilliant. I could see,he was deeply pained of his daughter getting pregnant at a very wrong time and he has prepared of sending her to higher institution,should he still send her to higher institution.
My main question is, what can be done to prevent such occurrence in female child.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy by LeeSantos(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2021
nothing can be done. what will be will be what.

The only is not committing the greatest mistake (which is committing the same mistake again)
Re: Teenage Pregnancy by TimT: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2021
Nothing can be done to "Prevent" it.. But steps can be done to "Avoid" such occurrence.. Such as..
>As a parent it is your duty to teach your children Sex Education and it's effects and importance to them... at least from 10years.. These generation of kids learn very fast.. nowadays a 10yrs old can operate phone well... so if u don't teach them they will surely learn about somewhere..
>Ur child of under 20yrs should be monitored by you.. always.. their movement, their friends, their whereabouts. if you don't do it, nobody will do it for you...
>Discourage wearing of half naked clothes outside... At least as they are still under your care.. let them see that you are trying.. so that when they finally leave you and start misbehaving, if something bad happens, they will remember all you have been teaching them all alone..
A child first set of teachers in life should be his/her parents..
Marriage is not all about giving birth, but by training the child well..
Above all.. "train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.."
Happy Sunday..

2 Likes

Re: Teenage Pregnancy by LadySarah: 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2021
Early sex education. What you don't teach them friends and social media will. Whatever result you get...
Re: Teenage Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
It happens. The only thing that can stop such behaviour is early marriage. Find a like minded educated young man who will be ready to marry her when you start to see regular signs of overt sexual behaviour in her (support him if necessary). Without informing her, extract a promise from him to let her continue her education and forward her fees through him (unless he is capable and willing to pay them himself). Having children is not a barrier to continuing ones education. I'm speaking from personal experience. My wife had two kids before graduating and a third while doing her Master's. She's currently doing her PhD. It's not difficult if funds are available and the husband is willing.

2 Likes

Re: Teenage Pregnancy by Cutehector(m): 6:44am On Feb 08, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
It happens. The only thing that can stop such behaviour is early marriage. Find a like minded educated young man who will be ready to marry her when you start to see regular signs of overt sexual behaviour in her (support him if necessary). Without informing her, extract a promise from him to let her continue her education and forward her fees through him (unless he is capable and willing to pay them himself). Having children is not a barrier to continuing ones education. I'm speaking from personal experience. My wife had two kids before graduating and a third while doing her Master's. She's currently doing her PhD. It's not difficult if funds are available and the husband is willing.
true.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy by Hybridz: 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
This submission is apt,and I'm in full support of it.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Dead Man Captured Sitting Down In A Chair During His Funeral.photo / Nigerian Man In London Gets Evicted From His Home As Ordered By His Wife (Video) / Debt Recovery Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.