Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West (54357 Views)

Igbo Traders Petition CBN On Multiple Charges, Deductions By Banks / You Can Now Buy And Sell Your Products Online Using Cryptocurrencies / CBN On Fire - No Fire Scare At Central Bank Of Nigeria - Confirmed Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by SaintLucia: 6:49am On Feb 08, 2021
afroxyz:

They are telling you latest developments in the finance world, you are quoting secondary school textbook. Arm chair theorist
Any institution that doesn't have a REGULATORY BODY is a fraud. Kudos to CBN. Many clowns commenting on social media doesn't even have idea how it works. Their only hatred is Buhari, but their ignorance didn't remind them that the CBN is an independent institution that has his own governor.

Sorry go and read your WAEC past questions and CBN act of 2007. We are not talking of theory or practical here. U can't know better than the CBN.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by SaintLucia: 6:52am On Feb 08, 2021
Rickylambert:
Here is for ur meditation and reflection.
This is 2021.Achaic mofo
Any institution that doesn't have a REGULATORY BODY is a fraud. Kudos to CBN. Many clowns commenting on social media doesn't even have idea how it works. Their only hatred is Buhari, but their ignorance didn't remind them that the CBN is an independent institution that has his own governor.

Sorry go and read your WAEC past questions and CBN act of 2007. The man Kingsley hasn't improve in life ever since he lost out at public service. He should continue to share ice cream to little children as his latest job for now. We don't need motivational speaker.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by OmoAkin85: 8:26am On Feb 08, 2021
ibietela2:

FX is not only FOREX
Foreign currency to Naira exchange via bank transfer
lol i trade forex and i use wire bank transfer still is working..so what are u talking
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by LofP(m): 9:38am On Feb 08, 2021
Rilwayne001:

If you don't know that yahoo boys cash out most of the stimulus benefits through BTC, then you're quite ignorant what's going on, or maybe you're just feigning ignorance like your lots here.

Are you high on faeces?

I asked a simple question with a timeline and you are telling me about the past? How does what happened in July 2020 affect February 2021?

Think about it critically before you answer or else mute your keypad/board and face your front.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by romenna: 10:13am On Feb 08, 2021
It was the trade off for securing US endorsement for Ngozi.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by KdotThaTruth88: 10:49am On Feb 08, 2021
Either you want to believe it or not, there are also politicians lowkey running money laundering and converting it into cryptocurrency as an scheme of investment.

Ban it or not, those who are above the law will still run it lowkey.

So all of us still dey whine ourselves, na nigeria.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by KdotThaTruth88: 10:51am On Feb 08, 2021
Make we dey whine ourselves dey go.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by pfadom: 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Bitcoin and other crypto currencies cannot be left unregulated. Lots of people have lost fortunes to this. CBN only posits that the transactions is not a legal tender through commercial banks. Interested players could use other platforms pending its regulations.

Rubbiish:

https://news.bitcoin.com/report-bitcoin-overtakes-gold-in-the-u-s-as-the-4th-most-popular-investment-vehicle/

Bitcoin has overtaken Gold as the fourth most popular investment in america.

Our leaders are killing d future of this country & u people don't know?
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by elayomohammed(m): 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
joey150:
Truth be told, cryptocurrency, with its "anonymity', have given several unscrupulous scamming elements the propensity to scam unabated and without fear.

Having an unregulated and largely anonymous global currency might sound cool, but when you think of all the harm that 10% of the world population can and will do with it, it would greatly outnumber the benefits for the other 90%.

I know yahoo boys that have made a killing through scamming people, getting the funds converted into crypto and using one of the multiple exchanges here to withdraw their funds. A regular banking system would leave a paper trail that's easy to follow. Blockchain can be traced, but it's a very complex process that can be made even harder for those that can get around it.

We know some people are genuine crypto traders and have positive use for crypto. But the fear is, in a country like Nigeria, scammers will do the worst with it.

The government should rightfully be worried that millions of dollars that they cannot regulate, trace or control, is being syphoned in and out of this country via cryptocurrency.

Point of correction, cryptocurrency wasn't banned. The government cannot ban cryptocurrency because it's a digital currency. The government has only told exchanges that we cannot continue to allow you to exchange and covert naira to a digital coin that we have no direct control over.

It's a controversial decision, but given that politicians can launder money with it in seconds, yahoo boys can dupe with it in minutes and kidnappers can demand untraceable ransoms, you'll see why this extreme step may have been taken.

If your first response to this is afterall the politicians are already stealing, then you should seriously question your education. If one man gets away with murder, must we then use the excuse to pardon all murderers?

So much sense ehh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by catice(m): 8:29pm On Feb 08, 2021
You didnt make any sense at all.
Rubbiish:

hewwttps://news.bitcoin.com/report-bitcoin-overtakes-gold-in-the-u-s-as-the-4th-most-popular-investment-vehicle/

Bitcoin has overtaken Gold as the fourth most popular investment in america.

Why una no get sense for this country??

1 Like

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by catice(m): 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
I will believe you if you tell me youre living in the US and be into crypto bro. If you have to report all your transactions to the IRS and the government. How legal Is that? It's legal in few states and illegal in most other states. No be one law dey govern US, it differs by states.
ivolt:

Cite the relevant federal law that bans cryptocurrency in the US.
It is so illegal that the biggest crypto companies are registered in the US.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by catice(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2021
Hmmmm Thanks.
Dybala11:

You're wrong o, crypto currency is legal in the US. It's just that they don't treat it like a currency but rather like a property.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by catice(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2021
Omoale! Sit in your shithole and assume. Ode.
Hotice085:

All these DINDINRINs, ITKs that knows absolute natin but just wanna be talking and disgracing themselves all over the internet
Mr man plz don't open this lie lie mouth of yours ever again......
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by recievesense: 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
Logan23:

Crypto is just one way of receiving legit or fraud money online, There are thousands of ways to achieve same.

Receive sense pls.

Its like there is something wrong in your head. Wetin concern me and your crypto?
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by catice(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
https://complyadvantage.com/knowledgebase/crypto-regulations/cryptocurrency-regulations-united-states/ author=Unclefemolala post=98839864]

Lol...Cashapp,Paypal and other mediums allowing it and even Btc ATM cards...and even they Tax it...or which US do u mean[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by catice(m): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
Lol
Subzero047:

Which research did you do?
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Subzero047: 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2021
catice:
Lol

Na lol be your research?
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Nobody: 1:39am On Feb 09, 2021
recievesense:

Its like there is something wrong in your head. Wetin concern me and your crypto?

Shut up n receive sense mufu. U don go edit d stupid post u made. grin grin
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by ibietela2(m): 10:11am On Feb 09, 2021
OmoAkin85:
lol i trade forex and i use wire bank transfer still is working..so what are u talking

Please use Worldremit, Remitly.com and others to send USD to naira account

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by ivolt: 10:17am On Feb 09, 2021
catice:
I will believe you if you tell me youre living in the US and be into crypto bro. If you have to report all your transactions to the IRS and the government. How legal Is that? It's legal in few states and illegal in most other states. No be one law dey govern US, it differs by states.
You are shifting the goal post.
You claim crypto is illegal in the US when the biggest crypto company in the world are US-based.
Illegal isn't just a word you throw around randomly.

Which states have made specific laws making crypto transactions illegal?

Whether you trade crypto or not, you have to file your taxes in the US. If filing taxes makes something illegal, then
all transactions in the US are potentially illegal since you are supposed to file taxes on them.

I have never traded crypto in the US but I know many who do and they have never been bothered.

Tesla just bought $1.5 billion bitcoins, guess the special thing they did to avoid trouble?
They just included it in their filing.

I am surprised that this is coming from someone supposedly living in the US.
America is a very free country as long as you pay your taxes and avoid criminal activities.

2 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by recievesense: 3:49am On Feb 10, 2021
Logan23:

Shut up n receive sense mufu. U don go edit d stupid post u made. grin grin

I did not edit shit. It's still lol
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 10, 2021
recievesense:

I did not edit shit. It's still lol

Be quiet n receive sense...U edited it to lol
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by recievesense: 12:09am On Feb 11, 2021
Logan23:

Be quiet n receive sense...U edited it to lol

u be mumu.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by catice(m): 12:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
Thank you, I appreciate your contribution.
ivolt:

You are shifting the goal post.
You claim crypto is illegal in the US when the biggest crypto company in the world are US-based.
Illegal isn't just a word you throw around randomly.

Which states have made specific laws making crypto transactions illegal?

Whether you trade crypto or not, you have to file your taxes in the US. If filing taxes makes something illegal, then
all transactions in the US are potentially illegal since you are supposed to file taxes on them.

I have never traded crypto in the US but I know many who do and they have never been bothered.

Tesla just bought $1.5 billion bitcoins, guess the special thing they did to avoid trouble?
They just included it in their filing.

I am surprised that this is coming from someone supposedly living in the US.
America is a very free country as long as you pay your taxes and avoid criminal activities.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Rubbiish(m): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
catice:
You didnt make any sense at all.
I don't expect a senseless person to understand my post!
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Nobody: 5:12am On Feb 19, 2021
If one gets scammed via other payment platforms it can be traced but crypto has very limited security
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by AlphaSoul: 5:27am On Feb 19, 2021
dre11:
•Christine Lagarde: Bitcoin facilitates questionable transactions

•Nigeria surged to second highest crypto destination in the world raking $200 to $300million a week without underlining economic activity, alarming the CBN

•FG alarmed kidnappers had switched to bitcoin for ransom payments

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/02/07/how-fbi-warned-fg-cbn-on-scammers-using-cryptocurrencies-to-defraud-the-west/

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria / Graduate Who Sells Irish Potatoes In Jos Becomes Online Sensation / Aliko Dangote's 60th Birthday Cake Is Quite Creative (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.