Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West (54363 Views)

Igbo Traders Petition CBN On Multiple Charges, Deductions By Banks / You Can Now Buy And Sell Your Products Online Using Cryptocurrencies / CBN On Fire - No Fire Scare At Central Bank Of Nigeria - Confirmed Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by SmartPolician: 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
I smell lies
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by lexy2014: 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
dre11:
•Christine Lagarde: Bitcoin facilitates questionable transactions

•Nigeria surged to second highest crypto destination in the world raking $200 to $300million a week without underlining economic activity, alarming the CBN

•FG alarmed kidnappers had switched to bitcoin for ransom payments

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/02/07/how-fbi-warned-fg-cbn-on-scammers-using-cryptocurrencies-to-defraud-the-west/

But d nigerian govt is yet to ban Ponzi schemes in nigeria. Is it waiting for FBI warning before it does so?

6 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by JooEeL(m): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
MEDIA PROGAGANDA HAS BEGUN.

FOOOLS WILL FALL FOR IT. JUST WATCH.
cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by nurez305(m): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
N.a. wa ooo
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by IamGoke(m): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
The CBN should do their proper assignment on how to curb money laundering rather than outrighlty banning crypto.

USA did not ban it so why should Nigeria that received a tip (from USA) as they claim ban crypto trading.

What I see here is a power tussle. They are fighting to regain their financial power back in the financial market.

Whenever we give someone or a group of people total authority over something, there will be
serious challenges that will need to be addressed. When it comes to doing so over the monetary
system, there are three specific challenges that need to be addressed and these are corruption,
mismanagement, and control.

There's a saying that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Central banks or monetary authorities
such as the Federal Reserve, who have the legal mandates to print money and create value in the
process, practically have the ability to control how value is created and destroyed in their
respective countries and in the case of the Federal Reserve, in the whole world. And such legal
mandates are akin to unlimited or absolute financial power.

6 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Thinkfree(m): 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
Please help me out.
I deposited 476,391naira into my 1xBet account from my tron(crypto) wallet, then i tried to transfer the money to my first bank account but it was rejected, that i have to stake the whole money on at least (1.1) odds before i could make any withdrawals. I used the whole money to play Greuther Furth (4 - 1 )Wurzburger Kickers over 1.5 goals with 1.20 odds which gave me 571.669 naira but still can't withdraw.
Please i need help anybody with idea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by IbokPatrick(m): 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
Wrong decision for the right reason.....

1 Like

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by barnaby04(m): 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
This is a paid job by the government to justify that it took the step to ban cryptocurrencies in the best interest of the country.

We sabi as thing dey go.

3 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by DigitB: 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2021
United States and their cohorts are just giving us more reasons to go into "bombing" as a mean of revenge.

Our mumu FG and CBN are always quick to bow to Western pressures.

Rubbish

8 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by africandollar: 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2021
What sort of madness is this?! They do have similar problems in developed countries so why haven’t they taken the step to ban cryptocurrencies there? This government na mumu sha! They say they’re looking for monies to borrow yet they block what could have been a viable source of loan for themselves? How about asking the banks to notify them about the individuals who have crypto and fine them a large commission for operating such accounts? Forgive me but shouldn’t such large amount of millions of dollars a week translate to an improved economy should the operators choose to cash the coins out? This government na heavy mumu sha! angry

4 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by IbokPatrick(m): 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2021
Thinkfree:
Please help me out.
I deposited 476,391naira into my 1xBet account from my tron(crypto) wallet, then i tried to transfer the money to my first bank account but it was rejected, that i have to stake the whole money on at least (1.1) odds before i could make any withdrawals. I used the whole money to play Greuther Furth (4 - 1 )Wurzburger Kickers over 1.5 goals with 1.20 odds which gave me 571.669 naira but still can't withdraw.
Please i need help anybody with idea.

Chaii...
I followed this step but ended up losing good money cry cry
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by MyOpinion1(f): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
And the CBN foolishly follow the directive not minding the economic implications..
When will total slavery end for God sake

5 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Femeto: 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
Did thissame US close it down in their own country?

4 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Gobengroup(m): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
Omihanifa:
So because of activities of Yahoo boys and kidnappers the world Bank told the CBN to ban crypto currency undecided and like a fool too the CBN agreed angry

If not that the Nigerian government is foolish aren't they suppose to weigh the pros and cons before enforcing the directive.

What can't dey ask the same United States why they haven't banned crypto currency in their own country undecided

Nigeria is an asslicker

2 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Metrofox(m): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
some black men will never have common sense to think for themselves, so you're willing to shut your economy in a time of lockdown just because someone else tells you there's some fraudulent transactions. Funny thing is despite all the gun violence in America they haven't banned guns, the person telling you has not shutdown Bitcoin in their own country rather they even make money creatively from it using tax. Africa wake up

11 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Farolo: 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Bullshlt is what this is. Damage control gone wrong! Are there more scammers in Nigeria than Russia, Mexico, Spain and even in the US?

Emefiele when dey find dollars upandan like mad man nai go close wetin dey bring in $200-300 million weekly say e go destroy economy? How does influx of forex into the battered Nigerian economy spell doom?

So the FBI can give them tips to kill an economy in coma but when same US comes to say human right abuses are rife in the country, Lai and adesina and garbage would not wait to come out guns blazing to refute abi?

This is a very stupid unthought lie. They must think Nigerians are stupid... Well except zombies and buharists of course

7 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Kaiser20: 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Felabrity:

PayPal blocked
Western union, Tight
Bitcoin transaction, blocked

They will always find another way
Every where you go the whole world institutions and embassies want to block Nigerians. E be like say Nigerians scam for a living and they very proud about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Maj196(m): 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Make we hear word angry
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Femeto: 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Because they are using bank accounts for Fraud lets close banks down and start saving money in the bush or at home. They didn't apply common sense.

8 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Carlyboi(m): 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Felabrity:

PayPal blocked
Western union, Tight
Bitcoin transaction, blocked

They will always find another way

When was PayPal blocked?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by LofP(m): 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
Where is the proof that scammers moved money from the USA to Nigeria using Bitcoin?

Any FBI statement or investigation to back this up?

If this tip is from America, surely there must be a percentage of funds reported in the US media as missing funds. Any news? Because the US congress has yet to approve stimulus since November 2020, so what stimulus funds are they talking about?
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2021
A former presidential aspirant Adamu Garba has advised that Nigerians go CowToCurrency instead investing in Fulani-bred Malu which makes far more profits than BTC grin grin grin my brothers know how to yarn opats
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Commanderinpips: 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
This is not enough reason to ban crypto, but trust Nigerians they will find a way out in a matter of days.
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by adesegun121(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
Ok
Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
How can an extra $200m be flowing into Nigeria every week and naira is depreciating? that is equivalent to 30-40% of our weekly production from Oil.

They should find another story to tell to cover up for their real motives.

1 Like

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by SaintLucia: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2021
Any institution that doesn't have a REGULATORY BODY is a fraud. Kudos to CBN. Many clowns commenting on social media doesn't even have idea how it works. Their only hatred is Buhari, but their ignorance didn't remind them that the CBN is an independent institution that has his own governor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
The Nigerian government never did well for banning crypto trading just because of some fraudsters and kidnappers. What have the government done about insecurity, bad governance and corrupt politicians? bandits and Boko Haram? Is America and their FBI not still transacting businesses using cryptocurrency? Continue to suffer the youths this evil government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by catice(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
Crypto currency is illegal in the United States. Please do the research.
Omihanifa:
So because of activities of Yahoo boys and kidnappers the world Bank told the CBN to ban crypto currency undecided and like a fool too the CBN agreed angry

If not that the Nigerian government is foolish aren't they suppose to weigh the pros and cons before enforcing the directive.

What can't dey ask the same United States why they haven't banned crypto currency in their own country undecided

2 Likes

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by jamace(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
FBI should tell us how Boko Haram gets its funding and arms...Does FBI not care that bandits/boko haram insurgents are killing innocent Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by lastempero: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sailor1:
This is a post from another thread

Life no balance at all, the most painful aspect is even our dumb policy makers. The same westerners that are accepting stolen fund from our politicians are complaining.

1 Like

Re: How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West by Felabrity: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
Carlyboi:

When was PayPal blocked?
has anyone from abroad sent money to your Nigerian PayPal account?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Graduate Who Sells Irish Potatoes In Jos Becomes Online Sensation / Aliko Dangote's 60th Birthday Cake Is Quite Creative (Photo) / First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.